Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No One Lives Forever

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Men, did anyone successfully play NOLF2 on win7 machine? I finished the Japan chapter without problems, but in the Siberia missions game started to behave weird: the geometry of interactive objects is fucked up (containers, buttons and doors look stretched into infinity, think of weird xray engine bugs) and it crashes on save game reload or interaction with objects (buttons and lightswitches) most of the time. I tried the compatibility settings and even got the fix from UnityHQ website, but it still doesn't work :negative:
Most graphics issues went away for me when I restarted the application. TRON 2.0 also had a similar issue, but only in one (?) part of the game.

I've managed to complete it on my Win7 machine, but I had regular crashes and issues similar to the ones you've mentioned.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I will again post this link: http://nolfrevival.tk/

The NOLF games were fan-patched well, work great on Win10 for me, and have been hosted on that site for free for years now, because no company is sure they own it or care.
Yep I have both games from that site, they work perfectly fine. That said, if they will appear on GOG, it's day 1 purchase for me, just to have it in my official catalogue.

Citizen

Yep I have both games from that site, they work perfectly fine. That said, if they will appear on GOG, it's day 1 purchase for me, just to have it in my official catalogue.

I have the exact same versions, still no luck fixing NOLF2 :negative:

So I switched to Deu Sex for now :positive:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

I have the exact same versions, still no luck fixing NOLF2 :negative:

So I switched to Deu Sex for now :positive:

The NOLF Modernizer dude (https://haekb.itch.io/nolf-modernizer) has said though he's working on a patch for NOLF 2 too. So I suppose you just have to wait for either this or a Nightdive release.

schru

Arcane
Installing the game from an ISO and running it through dgVoodoo without any fan patches might also help.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In

The NOLF games were fan-patched well, work great on Win10 for me, and have been hosted on that site for free for years now, because no company is sure they own it or care.
Why the fuck do you need to have it "officially" in your GOG library? Is it OCD, or do you just love spending money? If you're worried about that NOLFRevival site going down in the future then you can just upload the installation files to the cloud or put them on a USB stick.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Why the fuck do you need to have it "officially" in your GOG library? Is it OCD, or do you just love spending money? If you're worried about that NOLFRevival site going down in the future then you can just upload the installation files to the cloud or put them on a USB stick.
Because I can do whatever I want to do. Why do people buy games any games at all from GOG/Steam? They could just pirate it. But some of us just want their game collection in one easily reachable account.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Having your game collection in one place is very nice. Too bad I keep forgetting my GOG password, so it's much easier to just remov.. download it elsewhere. Or betten even, just use Steam. :hug:
Why is it better to use steam if you keep forgetting your password? :D

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Because I can do whatever I want to do. Why do people buy games any games at all from GOG/Steam? They could just pirate it. But some of us just want their game collection in one easily reachable account.
So it's because of the OCD.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

I buy games to support the people making them (some are "evil" corporations but their employees still gotta eat) or to vote in favor of more games like them being made, by making them profitable. My preferred method of ownership is a GOG installer download, identical to what NOLF has for free. So for me there would be very little incentive to purchase them on GOG at this point. Though I probably would anyway, just because I would want to support GOG's (or Night Dive's or whoevers) efforts to make them official again, like I recently did with Blade Runner.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer

I buy games to support the people making them (some are "evil" corporations but their employees still gotta eat) or to vote in favor of more games like them being made, by making them profitable. My preferred method of ownership is a GOG installer download, identical to what NOLF has for free. So for me there would be very little incentive to purchase them on GOG at this point. Though I probably would anyway, just because I would want to support GOG's (or Night Dive's or whoevers) efforts to make them official again, like I recently did with Blade Runner.
I can agree with this.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Having your game collection in one place is very nice. Too bad I keep forgetting my GOG password, so it's much easier to just remov.. download it elsewhere. Or betten even, just use Steam. :hug:
If you tell me the password I'll remember it for you.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Okay, here it is: 12345
source.gif

Ivan

Arcane
I will have to wait for the GoG versions before I can wrap up NOFL 2. This is the gamehalting bug I've run into.

As others have said, I enjoyed NOFL1 for its smart, comedic writing and damn fine gunplay. NOFL2 is a step down in most regards save for the visuals. The game feels much more segmented with smaller levels, the writing is more slapstick (esp the cutscenes, the in-game writings are still solid).

Deleted member 7219

I remember enjoying the NOLF2 demo, would like to be able to play it again.

NOLF 1 is easy to obtain from Ebay and the like. I picked up a DVD copy from one of those PC hardware shops you can find around - the ones where they have standing spinning racks with old, budget games on.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I remember enjoying the NOLF2 demo, would like to be able to play it again.

NOLF 1 is easy to obtain from Ebay and the like. I picked up a DVD copy from one of those PC hardware shops you can find around - the ones where they have standing spinning racks with old, budget games on.

http://nolfrevival.tk/

Don't forget to use the NOLF2 modernizer:
https://haekb.itch.io/nolf2-modernizer

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom