Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

Olinser

Savant
I never realized engineer bonuses stacked. Hot damn.

Yeah a lot of the bonuses stack. My last run with Chaos I had 3 Exalted Heroes with Infernal Dominance - +15 melee attack to everything in the army total, then of course add on the chosen buff skills from the Archaeon trees. Chaos Chosen 2 hand weapons with over 100 melee attack SLAUGHTER everything in the game in short order.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Fun fact with Malus - you can stack Blood Price and Okkam's Mindrazor (10 winds of magic). This combination yields 1,000+ weapon strength on Malus, which allows him to stomp certain legendary lords, heroes, and single-unit entities. Although I would not call this a game-changer, I always receive a sorceress of shadows from Rite of the Witch King, and this takes some of the sting away imo (I just want a fire sorceress).

Are there any heroes whose skills (not the starting trait) give lots of bonuses to non-ranged units in the same way that engineers give bonuses to ranged?

Danikas

Arcane
Im playing Huntsmarshal campaign and I just love the new look reskin gives them.

y2YM4tx.png

gTAlAYE.png

qLDnCEj.png

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1167252881
I wholeheartedly recommend this mod.

Olinser

Savant
Are there any heroes whose skills (not the starting trait) give lots of bonuses to non-ranged units in the same way that engineers give bonuses to ranged?

Non-ranged units? I can't think of any off the top of my head. There are plenty that give leadership, and a few that give ranged bonuses, but outside traits I don't think there's any ones that have standard skills that increase whole armies.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I could of sworn Vampire Counts and/or Beastmen heroes buffed armies, but I need to check.

_V_

Scholar
Gorebulls give great short range passive buffs (attack/charge or armor/missle resistance). (IIRC, Skin Wolf Werekin have similar skills.)
They also can buff leadership for the army and attack for all Gors/Ungors in the ary (don't know whether this stacks though).
But Gorebulls are quite limited by the unit cap. Unless you want "useless" hordes sitting around just to increase the cap. Which would also take a lot of time to grow to the required size.
But in thick melee knots their buffs have a huge impact. Especially when coupled with The Helm of Many Eyes, The Brass Cleaver, Glittering Scales and similar stuff.

razvedchiki

Erudite
i begin a new campaign with bretonnia and CTT mod and by the lady of the lake,what a refreshing experience!every unit now is valuable and has a purpose and role in the battlefield.
battles and armies are like in the old total war games,no more overpowered lords soloing enemy stacks.

Olinser

Savant
I could of sworn Vampire Counts and/or Beastmen heroes buffed armies, but I need to check.

Definitely not VC's, I'm in the process of getting the new very hard achievement for winning a game with them, and I checked all 4 heroes.

You can also stack leadership debuffs so that enemy armies run away pretty much immediately.
That sounds pretty hilarious. How high can you get the penalty? I think the Lizardmen hero traits could give -6 leadership? In theory a whole army of them would mean that the whole enemy army would start with negative leadership and immediately rout.

EDIT: Though, an unbreakable army (e.g. the dwarves sometimes hire huge numbers of slayers) would just wipe you out, wouldn't they?

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
You can also stack leadership debuffs so that enemy armies run away pretty much immediately.
That sounds pretty hilarious. How high can you get the penalty? I think the Lizardmen hero traits could give -6 leadership? In theory a whole army of them would mean that the whole enemy army would start with negative leadership and immediately rout.

EDIT: Though, an unbreakable army (e.g. the dwarves sometimes hire huge numbers of slayers) would just wipe you out, wouldn't they?

Oh, right, the leadership penalty literally applies to everything in the REGION, so your heroes don't even have to be in the battle, just have them standing around somewhere near the army. So you can have a full badass army of normal badass shit and still stack a fairly reasonably awesome -30 or so penalty with just a few dudes nearby.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So just started this and having lots of fun with High Elves right now. After them I'll play with Skaven.
Tomb Kings is one of my favorites but still a paid DLC so got me thinking (still butthurt about beastmen and woodelves from first game) are they worth the monies? Same thing appilies to other DLCs as well, should I buy them or are they safely ignorable?

Olinser

Savant
So just started this and having lots of fun with High Elves right now. After them I'll play with Skaven.
Tomb Kings is one of my favorites but still a paid DLC so got me thinking (still butthurt about beastmen and woodelves from first game) are they worth the monies? Same thing appilies to other DLCs as well, should I buy them or are they safely ignorable?

Unless you want to play them RIGHT NOW, and it seems like you're going with Skaven for a bit anyway, just put it on your steam wishlist and wait for a sale. They've been having pretty regular sales, some of them quite high.

None of them are required, they just let you play as different races and legendary lords with quite diverse bonuses. If you aren't interested in playing them it's not worth it, they still appear on the maps in their normal places you just can't start as them/confederate them.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
On one hand, TKs are one of the actually unique factions and go beyond "these guys can't use shooting or cavalry and/or have some minor modifier to this or that". Their economy, recruitment and army support work in a completely different way and they have their own victory conditions. On the other hand, their campaign and early unit composition (on which you will be relying a lot) are both p boring. Out of the two undead dlcs, the pirate one is much better imo.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I would definitely wait for the next sale before purchasing Wood Elves. In fact, I would recommend waiting for a rework, or plan to play that campaign with mods. Even before the other old races received a rework, I found the Wood Elves campaign rather tedious compared to other factions, but that is my opinion.

Tomb Kings on the other hand, I would recommend buying (on sale). TK have unique mechanics, which are refreshing after you have had your fill of the other factions.

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
By the way I have a pretty advanced Malekith campaign I got a bit sick of. I conquered all of north and central nonamerica and was in the process of conquering Ulthuan when Archeon showed up. Now there's a non-stop tide of chaos servants that spawn next to my shores. They're no big threat but most of my armies are stuck doing endless chaos whackamole. Will they actually keep spawning forever untill someone whacks Archeon? Am I supposed to drop everything and send a crusade to the chaos wastes?

Dark Elves are quite fun to play though. Strong units with a lot of variety, good magic etc. I really like the name of power mechanic on the lords that gives them a random strong buff to some category of units - I then spec out that lords army accordingly to make every lord unique. Helps make the generic lords that much less generic. And the slave mechanic is great too - you can get to absurd amounts of income but you have to keep pillaging to keep the slaves flowing.

Olinser

Savant
By the way I have a pretty advanced Malekith campaign I got a bit sick of. I conquered all of north and central nonamerica and was in the process of conquering Ulthuan when Archeon showed up. Now there's a non-stop tide of chaos servants that spawn next to my shores. They're no big threat but most of my armies are stuck doing endless chaos whackamole. Will they actually keep spawning forever untill someone whacks Archeon? Am I supposed to drop everything and send a crusade to the chaos wastes?

Dark Elves are quite fun to play though. Strong units with a lot of variety, good magic etc. I really like the name of power mechanic on the lords that gives them a random strong buff to some category of units - I then spec out that lords army accordingly to make every lord unique. Helps make the generic lords that much less generic. And the slave mechanic is great too - you can get to absurd amounts of income but you have to keep pillaging to keep the slaves flowing.

He'll come over the sea eventually, the AI seems programmed so that it generally heads towards the player as it moves. But yeah, random armies will keep spawning until he's dead.

razvedchiki

Erudite
How many stacks the chaos invasion spawn?any mod that improves them and is compatible with CTT?im dying of boredom in my current brettonia campaign,confedarated all of brettonia and have run out of enemies to fight.
Skaven never decided to pay a visit nor beastmen.norsca sent some stacks every now and then but that ended after the elves/empire captured norsca.
The high elves came once and took lyonese but now we trade and are BFF.
Im afraid chaos will come and wont see a single stack.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the Ordertide is real, if you want a challenge you can't role play and just gang up on greenskins/skaven/chaos/undead with all of the other good guys.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom