Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
This situation remind me somehow No Man's Sky. I mean:
1) Hype to heights that normal people would consider stupid. Game is not released, but many people think it would be 10/10.
2) Massive marketing campaign on all mass media
3) "Surprise" delay on several months
4) Several ambitious features that was marketed at first was abandoned (even before release and only few people noticed), so I assume many promises will be broken at release.

Call me fabulously pessimistic, but we have three scenario:
1) Cyberpunk 76. I know it's hard to surpass Bethesda in fraud schemes, but in terms of bugs everything is possible
2) No Man's Cyberpunk. Even if devs wont show middle finger to players and run with money, there a serious possibility that many promised features will be added years after game release and at start game will be barren empty.
3) Cyberpunk Stranding - most possible scenario among trio, they spent lot of money on high budget actors just as Kojimba too, but difference in amount of cultists who will "play" and praise boring movie with grind.

Gerrard

Arcane
Remember when some retards thought they will release it in the summer because muh 20/7/7?

Tytus

Arcane
So they decided not to release a completely unfinished product well that's commendable.

If I remember correctly Witcher 3 had a similar situation. It was at first scheduled to come out in like September, but they kept pushing it like two or three times and it eventually came out in May.
Their work environment is pretty chaotic since there is a lot of employee turn over. It's not surprising they couldn't meet the deadline.

RepHope

Savant
I want to know if that rumor they originally had a release date in 2019 is true because if so, the leads at CDPR are absolutely retarded. Whoever is in charge of setting dates is an utter dipshit.

Zer0wing

Cipher
LMAO how many times CDPR have gone off rails with their management and planning besides the one we know now? :lol:

Pegultagol

Erudite
Might as well delay it until Q4 to time the release with the new consoles, reach critical mess with their primary creme de la creme target demographics. And plaster on more of those raytracing thingamagic that does absolutely nothing for gameplay.

Terenty

Liturgist
3) Cyberpunk Stranding - most possible scenario among trio, they spent lot of money on high budget actors just as Kojimba too, but difference in amount of cultists who will "play" and praise boring movie with grind.

I had a suspicion while reading your first two points, but thats where i knew you were a retard for sure

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-multiplayer-probably-wont-be-out-until-after-2021/

Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer probably won't be out until after 2021
CD Projekt confirmed that the second "triple-A" game it's working on is Cyberpunk multiplayer.

It's not one delay, but two.

CD Projekt Red announced earlier today that its anticipated RPG Cyberpunk 2077 will not make its planned April release, but will instead be out in September. In a followup Q&A session with investors, the studio said that the planned multiplayer component of the game will also be delayed, and probably won't be out until sometime after 2021.

The studio clarified during the call that the second "triple-A" project it was reported to be working on last year is the Cyberpunk multiplayer component, which is being developed in parallel with the singleplayer game. At the time, CD Projekt said that second project remained on track for release sometime in 2021, but that's very unlikely to happen now.

"Given the expected release of Cyberpunk 2077 in September, and the series of events which we expect to occur after that stage, 2021 appears unlikely as a release date for Cyberpunk multiplayer," SVP of business development Michał Nowakowski said during the call. Later on, it's repeated that multiplayer will "probably move out of 2021."

The delay also means that hands-on events planned for this year will also have to be pushed back, which isn't terribly surprising, but the studio said that it will still have a "presence" at E3 and Gamescom this year.

The good news, as far as it goes, is that CD Projekt thinks that the new Cyberpunk 2077 release date is really solid. "We pretty much know where we stand, and which aspects of the game will still require work," Nowakowski said. "We're confident the game will be released on the 17th of September."

jf8350143

Liturgist
OH MY GOD..

fuck fuck fuck fuckidyfucking motherfucking fuck this fucking fucked up piece of fucking bull fucking news..

FUCK!

This can't be good news right guys? I mean they have been set on that april 16th for so long, and now shits delayed until fucking september?

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
A delay is always better news than a half-baked release or cut features
They can do both.

As a matter of fact they will do both, only differences is that they won't release a statement about how “we cut half the features so the game is now more shit than it was before.”

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So they decided not to release a completely unfinished product well that's commendable.

I'm actually relieved. This game has been in full production for, what, meagre 3,5 years? For something that's likely to be the biggest, longest and most complex RPG ever made. Yeah, it could never happen.

Even a 5 months delay doesn't seem like much, betting my left nut it's still gonna be buggy to all fucks.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
I had a suspicion while reading your first two points, but thats where i knew you were a retard for sure
Better being retarded than Kojimba fanboi, thats for sure. Retarded people can live their lives happy, without consuming shitty boring drivel that was produced by "maestro". Unfortunately Kojimafag addicted to it so much, that he/she goes in thread that has nothing to do with "maestro" to call random person retarded for even mentioning Dead Stranding in negative light.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane

If I remember correctly Witcher 3 had a similar situation. It was at first scheduled to come out in like September, but they kept pushing it like two or three times and it eventually came out in May.
Their work environment is pretty chaotic since there is a lot of employee turn over. It's not surprising they couldn't meet the deadline.
The reason for delay in W3's case was that the new consoles turned out to be shit and they had to downgrade the whole game.

Might as well delay it until Q4 to time the release with the new consoles, reach critical mess with their primary creme de la creme target demographics. And plaster on more of those raytracing thingamagic that does absolutely nothing for gameplay.
Nah bro, that's the broke way to do it.
The woke way to do it is to make a second version with shiner graphics a year later once the install base will be bigger.

Harthwain

Magister

And, if the former employees are to be believed, the high turnover rate is because of the constant crunch. It must be unreal at this point. I really don't envy them.

Danikas

Arcane
The reason for delay in W3's case was that the new consoles turned out to be shit and they had to downgrade the whole game.
Sure that's why they cut this boy from the game?
latest

I read full quest synopis with him in 2014 leak yet he was gone in 2015, there was also quest with Dandelion in that leak that never made it into the game, Emhyr had quest with plague and Gaunter O dimm was supposed to appear in it, Novigrad was supposed to be attacked by Wild hunt: they changed the story alot after that delay.

Btw here is quote by someone who has sources in Cdp.

"Told you guys it's not coming out in April. Hopefully they manage to hit the September deadline, but I'd be cautious about it too given the state of the game."
:hero:

Last edited:

Danikas

Arcane
-If they feel like it is too buggy then I trust them.
"It's less to do with what they feel about the game, and more to do with what the platform owners (Sony, Microsoft) thought"
"They've failed certain technical milestones required before the game can be sent for approval. That's all I can say"
:hero:

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron

This is the first I've heard of this. Any idea why their turnover is bad?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom