Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Deleted member 7219

Where's TitS 1?

Jinn

Arcane
Not entirely sure, but I think this

Might mean sooner than I thought? I was thinking another month or two, but this could mean maybe a week or two?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
this video makes it feel very imminent

tl;dw: the short history of why it takes us so long as so hard to get crosbell localization, how the project began and how you shouldn't get your hopes up even with kai 0 and ao. the rest is basically promoting how awesome geofront project is. one line is "just soon, the zero translation leak will be absolutely obselete"

Jinn

Arcane
I am so very ready to finally play Zero. Like, now. Please?

On that note, I feel like I might not have the will power to wait for the Geofront translation of Ao. From the sounds of it, the current Ao translation is much better than Zero's, so I might just have to go for it, then replay the Geofront version someday if/when it comes out.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I am so very ready to finally play Zero. Like, now. Please?

On that note, I feel like I might not have the will power to wait for the Geofront translation of Ao. From the sounds of it, the current Ao translation is much better than Zero's, so I might just have to go for it, then replay the Geofront version someday if/when it comes out.
same. that if geofront ever does ao.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
weebs btfo once again, another case of woke translating:

NISA TRANSLATORS ADMIT TO ALTERING CONTENT FOR TRAILS OF COLD STEEL 3
Posted on January 16, 2020, 6:30 pm By Kevin

NIS America has had a long and storied reputation of poor localizations spanning nearly every game they’ve touched. At last the quality became so abysmal with the localization of Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana that both consumers and the game’s original developer complained about the state of the project. The result was CEO and President Takuro Yamashita coming forward promising not only overhauls to the game, but to their company to prevent future instances of this occurring again.

On January 14th developer stream for the upcoming Trails of Cold Steel 3 we learned that promise was nothing, but hot air as the localizers again talked about how they were censoring content for western audiences in order to make it culturally appropriate.

“We have to make sure that it makes… like all the texts makes sense not just in the language, but in the culture that we’re translating into. To fix it.

“Sometimes it’ll be jokes, Japanese jokes, that have different values than we do. We try to work around some things that might be a little sexist in Japanese humor. And with those things we like to try to make it more culturally appropriate for our players.”

When later asked how often the localizers keep in contact with Falcom they responded that they had barely any communications with them. One would think that after NIS America had previously butchered one of their titles that Falcom would have greater interest in keeping a watching eye on their progress with the latest title, but that doesn’t appear to be the case.

Not every company is foolish to continue to pay for a company to kill their audience for them.

In 2014 Koei Tecmo dropped Nis America from localizing Arno Surge. Sadly many others have not been that smart so the company will be free to impose progressive values and cringe memes upon the games they get their hands on.

e80476ce6c6cdfa326b9451386bfeaf2f361f0bd92edb209beaed459e848cdcd.png

inb4
"lol they only changed like 3 sentences"
"goddamn you nazis sure like to cry about everything you guys are #SnowFlakes"

womp womp

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity

Reposted here, because I posted it in the wrong thread like a complete retard.

I'm curious about specific examples, does anyone know?
CS1-2 are very mild in that regard in comparison to general anime, that and a Teen rating.
I only remember a bit of light sexual innuendo here and there and some comedic fat shaming (kek), nothing remotedly sexist. And the setting society seems to be perfectly gender equal.

Cromwell

Arcane
"we, like, kinda, do, you know, its like..." How do you expect people to translate something correctly when they cant even string a sentence together without starting to drool.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

Reposted here, because I posted it in the wrong thread like a complete retard.

I'm curious about specific examples, does anyone know?
CS1-2 are very mild in that regard in comparison to general anime, that and a Teen rating.
I only remember a bit of light sexual innuendo here and there and some comedic fat shaming (kek), nothing remotedly sexist. And the setting society seems to be perfectly gender equal.

Maybe they're assmad over the boob jokes from 1 and 2?

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
It's not a non-issue, political issues aside you're being given bad translation hence an inferior product, worse they advertise this, it's unacceptable from a consumer perspective.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom