Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Tale of Wuxia Zero

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part XXVII: Brofist

Visiting Ren Jiannan in the forest with Xiao Fu there’ll be an event.

KgXEIJ2.jpg

ln2qE4Y.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
If this song were played beside an impetuous waterfall, it would suit the artistic concept better.

2rfJBiu.jpg
I didn’t expect Gu to know music so well either.

HKpwBf8.jpg
You flatter me, I only know a little because I’ve been by my master’s side since I was little. When commenting Qin in front of Xiao it’s like teaching fish to swim.

2rfJBiu.jpg
But if he really were playing this song next to an impetuous waterfall, the one playing should have extremely strong inner force or else the sound of the Qin would totally be overwhelmed by the sound of water.

sSBLVww.jpg
I don’t know what you’re talking about, but I do like the song.

K6kLgfN.jpg
What?! A monkey knows about music?!

sSBLVww.jpg
Heh! This song sounds like swords striking. It’s more fun than the boring sleep-inducing sound from Celestial Melody.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Casting pearls before swine as expected…

2rfJBiu.jpg
This song sounds really weird, the higher its tune the sharper it gets.

yA0wV4n.jpg

R748FXP.jpg

2rfJBiu.jpg
Great song.

MxX7u2K.jpg
Who are you… eh? Isn’t this Gu?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ren, long time no see.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu? You know this guy?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ren, this is the oldest son of String-sword Manor, my little brother in training Jing Ji and Wei Ziling from Wei castle. Ji, Ziling, this is the young master of Swordsmith’s Manor, Ren Jiannan.

2rfJBiu.jpg
The name of Swordsmith’s Manor precedes, I didn’t expect the young master to have such a magnificent Qin skill.

MxX7u2K.jpg
I am flattered.

2rfJBiu.jpg
Mr Ren, your playing was very exciting.

2rfJBiu.jpg
But the higher the tune got, the sharper it became. You seemingly didn’t intend to stop but the string broke and the sound stopped with it. It’s quite different from common music. What’s the name of the song?

MxX7u2K.jpg
The name is “Thrive Jianghu” and it was passed down from my ancestors.

MxX7u2K.jpg
“Thrive Jianghu” ought to be played by both Qin and Xiao but as the Swordsmith’s Manor is devoted to forging swords, the original tune has been lost for long. With my non-proficiency in Qin, I still cannot revive the tune.

Note that the Xiao is the Chinese flute.

2rfJBiu.jpg
I know a little or two about this this tune. Once there were two masters extremely good at music, one good and evil, who finally decided to die together. Rumor says the “Thrive Jianghu” was composed by these two masters.

MxX7u2K.jpg
There is such a tale behind the “Thrive Jianghu”. One has to regret to not have a true friend… the old tradition of the ancestors is so fascinating. It’s a pity that the tune of “Thrive Jianghu” will disappear like this.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Not necessarily, Xiao Fu is good at playing Qin and Xiao. With his help you may revive this tune again.

2rfJBiu.jpg
I would love to help.

MxX7u2K.jpg
That’s perfect.

In the cutscene Xiao plays the xiao horizontally, when it’s supposed to be played vertically.

OSYT5So.jpg

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Such a matchless tune should only be heard in heaven, it is a privilege to hear it in the mortal world.

J4hvZML.jpg

MxX7u2K.jpg
You try this tune for the first time today yet you can understand most of it. You are very talented. I can copy one score of the “Thrive Jianghu” for you and you can study it whenever you like. If you comprehend the true meaning of the tune, you can teach me. What do you think?

2rfJBiu.jpg
This score was passed down from your ancestors, how can I accept it?

MxX7u2K.jpg
Swordsmith’s Manor is now devoted to forging swords, nobody will care if this score gets into other people’s hands. And if the “Thrive Jianghu” can’t be revived it’s useless to keep this score on my own.

2rfJBiu.jpg
If so, I should really thank you.

Xiao Fu needs to master this skill before he can continue with Ren.

PNG4K5T.jpg

Returning to Shaolin temple, there’s an event with Shui.

WwitKo6.jpg

vPTW45p.jpg

Kl5E0Pf.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Oh? Was the Grandmaster of E’mei sect associated with Shaoshi mount?

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Before the foundation of E’mei sect, the Grandmaster came to the foot of Shaoshi mount. She met a person who excelled at Qin, chess and sword. They played Qin and practiced swordsmanship together. But when they departed from Shaoshi mount, that senior disappeared from Central China…

rQkwX4Z.jpg
My master told me, every time the Grandmaster played Qin she would recall the past and sigh.

1VDfctE.jpg

0TT8qxz.jpg

2rfJBiu.jpg
The senior couldn’t forget Senior Guo when he left Central China. Every time he was reminded of Senior Guo, he would express his attachment without reservation.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
This is private information, how do you know?

2rfJBiu.jpg
The senior was good at Qin, chess and sword. He and the ancestor of Stringsword Manor were confidants.

2rfJBiu.jpg
Music comes from the heart. Senior He and Senior Guo became to each other because of “Birds around Phoenix”. Every time Senior He played this tune his attachment to Senior Guo was revealed.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Senior He was a sentimental man.

2rfJBiu.jpg
When Senior He died, he sent “Birds around Phoenix” to the ancestor of Stringsword Manor and told him to carefully treasure it. My father and Senior Wuxia Zi are good friends, a copy to Senior Wuxia Zi was sent as a gift.

sSBLVww.jpg
That old man knew he was poor at Qin so he sent the tune to Celestial Melody. Otherwise senior brother and I would have a hard time.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji…

2rfJBiu.jpg
Senior Wuxia Zi is so modest, there are few people good at all skills just like him.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Brother Xiao, we’ve heard enough. Can you play “Birds around Phoenix” for us and increase our knowledge?

2rfJBiu.jpg
I lack fluency in playing Qin and don’t want to hurt your ears.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Are you really unwilling to play for us? I’ve heard a lot about the Grandmaster from my master and am very curious about “Birds around Phoenix”…

2rfJBiu.jpg
… Then please tolerate my pending performance.

K6kLgfN.jpg
(Ha, Brother Xiao can’t refuse anything to Sister Shui when she is disappointed.)

Playing for Shui gives Xiao Fu a new skill, the Birds around Phoenix (a great healing/buffing skill).

YTOkbyo.jpg

goNYwWy.jpg

sDR7Yth.jpg

rQkwX4Z.jpg
This tune is clear and sweet, with an unspoken admiration… it reminds of the past and I complete indulge in the emotion.

2rfJBiu.jpg
Even though my understanding of Qin is no match for Senior He, I’m lucky to have a friend like Miss Shui. If you want to listen to this tune in the future, please feel free to tell me.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
I don’t want to bother you that much… maybe… you can teach me how to play Qin?

2rfJBiu.jpg
If… if Miss Shui trusts me, I will teach everything to you.

Shui actually curtsies here. It seems this is the start of a romance between the two; they do match together well.

QXLz1Eh.jpg

WbLWRco.jpg

In the temple Gu who learnt the Vajra Fist aka Donkey Kong Quan can get a test from the monks.

vSsZOm4.jpg

MV2knYC.jpg

The Bronze bros are tough; Gu basically needs to spam the fist to stay alive. As you know, if triggers invulnerability.

zRCNxvE.jpg

qoO7uND.jpg

WfIpHEQ.jpg

9By9DGg.jpg

The reward for this is something useless.

kAyWeo0.jpg

Back on the world map there is an interdasting random encounter.

dyTT0gi.jpg

1QXq1RO.jpg

It seems these are fake cultists trying to stir up trouble by attacking the daughter of the master of Tianshan sect.

f0q0md4.jpg

t4tzefZ.jpg

aS95r9r.jpg
How dare you insult me… I… I will kill you!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Stop! Junior sister He of Tianshan sect, are you OK?

aS95r9r.jpg
… Gu Yuexuan…I… I don’t need your care. All men in the world are the same except for my senior brother…

K6kLgfN.jpg
He, we just want so save you. I’m Wei Ziling from Wei castle and I’m a female too. Don’t be malicious, OK?

aS95r9r.jpg
… Fine. These two rogues try to insult me, please help me to kill them all.

These two fakes are identical to Tianlong Elites. Not too weak at all.

RayP5Rq.jpg

Miss He is delicate with a decent internal style and some damaging sword skills.

6ocyoff.jpg

h6YNsLa.jpg

eSS6VcD.jpg

v5vaSl6.jpg

D2niAzZ.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
(She is just a teenage girl but she is pretty cruel. Why does she hate men so much?)

sSBLVww.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Are you OK? I got you.

aS95r9r.jpg
No… I can walk… thanks.

sSBLVww.jpg
Such a strange woman, she’s treating us like air, so uncomfortable.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Don’t say that. She must have some reason to hate men. Maybe there’s something she can’t tell anyone…

sSBLVww.jpg
Do you know something?

K6kLgfN.jpg
At least I know more than you.

The “reward” for this encounter is a new sword skill for Shui. It’s gud, it’s high damage and inflicts Bleed.

RKBEstv.jpg

A bit further on is an another random encounter.

TyR9u2J.jpg

luBxhmF.jpg

AoxZNDi.jpg

CYKRecn.jpg

q2epS9Z.jpg

This random encounter is related to the scrolls Xu Zhen wants.

This is a tough encounter; not only do you need to fight the three assassins from Heaven’s Will but also some tough monks. They have an internal style that boosts their defense when they’re close together which makes them annoying to fight.

FKIMqYz.jpg

qni0YPc.jpg

lPdPBsE.jpg

In the battle we have the help from two Bronze bros and a healer Shaolin.

nX0VB1M.jpg

ovCVgdj.jpg

I dragged the battle out to see what Shi Yan could steal from the three assassins; they carry nothing of note.

ztnubSZ.jpg

w71cy0h.jpg

BXvmiI8.jpg

BJXRotH.jpg

z42bf4S.jpg

We got new boots and a new internal style out of this unique encounter.

TZmXN1U.jpg

MtJiLDW.jpg

This is an internal style for Shinji; note that Wang Hu is the father of Wang Rong.

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part XXVIII: Social credit

In Dukang village Auntie Li appears to have a problem.

yu1lKHc.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
What’s the matter, madam?

4KoiD3r.jpg
*sob*… *sob*

sSBLVww.jpg
No one can help you if you keep crying…

K6kLgfN.jpg
How could you say that? She’s feeling so sad!

sSBLVww.jpg
I…I… how can I help her is she says nothing!

4KoiD3r.jpg
*sob…*sob*

K6kLgfN.jpg
Right, umm… Gu, let’s go ask the people around here, maybe we’ll find out something.

According to rumors Auntie Li’s son killed someone.

o58phvm.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Mr Li is quite a good man, he wouldn’t commit any crime.

sSBLVww.jpg
He couldn’t even kill a chicken, how could he kill a man?

iyRzvCQ.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
What? No wonder madam Li is so sad.

Fu Jianhan shows up when talking to Auntie Li next.

7EOIqVo.jpg

UhgbYWz.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Her son committed a crime and is going to be beheaded very soon.

Yn8nvFt.jpg
How could that be possible?! I go to their tavern often and am acquainted with Li. He is an upright and honest man afraid of getting into any trouble. This man will never commit such a grave crime and get himself beheaded.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I couldn’t agree with you more. However, nobody told me about Li’s crime until now.

4KoiD3r.jpg
My son, he would never do such a thing *sob*

Yn8nvFt.jpg
Aunt Li, take it easy. We all know what Li is like. I will go to Luoyang as soon as possible to inquire about the situation and will get Li out if he suffered wrongful treatment.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Fu, this is urgent, let’s go investigate separately.

Yn8nvFt.jpg
Alright, let’s meet at Luoyang wine shop.

Back in Luoyang we inquire at the Yamen.

NhaMAPR.jpg

YtInA7a.jpg
No, no, you can’t come here. Get out.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Li Dalang is my missing brother. I finally found his whereabouts but I heard that he was sentenced to death somehow. Please let me meet my brother one last time.

YtInA7a.jpg
I see. But I never heard of Li Dalang, are you sure he is here?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Well, then we’ll ask around.

MLySKcq.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Are we too late?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Not likely. According to the custom, it’s not the time to execute…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu… I think there’s something wrong with this.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Why?

K6kLgfN.jpg
It was said in Dukang village Li was captured last month, yet there was already an order to execute him this month?

K6kLgfN.jpg
The crime he committed is murder and according to the law, such a heavy crime should be reported level by level. It wouldn’t be so fast before the crime was settled, let alone an execution in such a short time… I really don’t understand this.

sSBLVww.jpg
Why bother thinking so much? Since the crime was committed in Luoyang, let’s go to the market and ask around, the news spreads fast there.

K6kLgfN.jpg
That’s one smart idea of my silly brother.

sSBLVww.jpg
What’s with the look? Don’t play me as a fool all the time.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji is getting more and more mature after all these trials. The master should be delighted.

At the market we ask around with the merchants.

v1wzk8I.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
We didn’t believe it either at first…

G52zWrI.jpg
Mr Li is a really good man. In the Luoyang market, there were many girls who want to marry him, but he was close to the widow of Zhao…

lPaWYNe.jpg

WNzMhKv.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Qian Xuan… sounds familiar, did we encounter him?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yeah, that day in Baima temple…

sSBLVww.jpg
Oh, it is him, we shouldn’t have let him go easily that day.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Why did he dare to do something illegal?

cMPCBP3.jpg

AvDb1iZ.jpg

Cm8xbo8.jpg

H1o7Y8P.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Well, Gu, let’s go to the tavern to exchange information with Mr Fu.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Good, let’s go.

e4sVAD2.jpg

Yn8nvFt.jpg
I asked the people in the street, anybody who knew Li Dalang didn’t believe that he would have committed such a crime, yet they also didn’t know that Li Dalang was taken by the official… what the hell is this, I am really confused.

HKpwBf8.jpg
We get the same result, even the one in Yamen never heard of imprisoning Li Dalang. How does nobody know this at all?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, we found out one person who is closely related to Li Dalang when we were seeking information, did you notice?

HKpwBf8.jpg
You mean… the widow Zhao Niangzi?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Right, that’s her. According to the people in town, Li Dalang and Zhao Niangzi are quite close. What’s strange is that she didn’t show up in defence of Li Dalang, don’t you think that’s odd?

sSBLVww.jpg
Then let’s ask this widow ourselves.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Wait, not only widow Zhao, there’s also another very important person.

sSBLVww.jpg
Who do you mean?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Let me ask you, now that we can’t find anything about Li Dalang being imprisoned and even the officers not knowing about it… who do you think send the letter?

sSBLVww.jpg
Well…

HKpwBf8.jpg
I haven’t noticed this, we should thank Ziling’s carefulness. Indeed, if Li Dalang didn’t commit the crime, then the one who delivered the news of the crime must be closely related to the matter.

K6kLgfN.jpg
The content of the letter was organized and the handwriting beautiful, isn’t that odd for a man about to be executed?

Yn8nvFt.jpg
Li Dalang’s family was poor, he only learnt a few words to be able to do business and to keep accounts. According to miss Wei, it couldn’t be Li Dalang who wrote the letter.

K6kLgfN.jpg
So, the most important thing now is to find Zhao Niangzi and the one who wrote the letter.

Yn8nvFt.jpg
Alright, then let’s act separately again. I will go find out where Zhao Niangzi is.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Then let’s head back to Dukang village and find out where the letter came from.

f4y5o0h.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Don’t worry madam, we just got some clues and have some questions for you.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Madam, do you remember who sent this letter?

4KoiD3r.jpg
What letter?

K6kLgfN.jpg
The one your son has written.

4KoiD3r.jpg
That letter… I don’t know…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Then when did you receive it?

4KoiD3r.jpg
It was quite a busy day… ah, I remember the village head’s wine was sent here on that day.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Except for that, what else do you remember of that day?

4KoiD3r.jpg
I… I really don’t know… could you save my son?

HKpwBf8.jpg
We will try our best.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Could I borrow this letter for a while? Maybe it contains some important clues…

4KoiD3r.jpg
I’m counting on all of you, please save my son!

dcFsG22.jpg

The next clue is provided by the village head.

Xm2p6Ie.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
The Gateway Control System?

yWN7ibh.jpg
Ah, you don’t know? The Emperor is very angry about the Mu family massacre and ordered his men to find the culprits in one month. So the Luoyang authorities have issued the Gateway Control System to check all the people’s name when they enter and leave the city.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Massacre…!?

yWN7ibh.jpg
And the system worked it, can you believe it? The killer is that Sea Shark clan chief Xiong Batian!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, I have an idea.

HKpwBf8.jpg
What idea?

K6kLgfN.jpg
If Luoyang has this Gateway Control System, there must be a register to record all the names, right? So if we can get our hands on that register and compare the handwriting, maybe we can find out who wrote the letter.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I think you are right, and this is our only lead. OK, let’s get to Luoyang city.

At Luoyang gates, we need to harass the guard on the right.

85cWb4B.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Hey man, I have something to ask you.

azltrBd.jpg
Go away, I am sleeping.

sSBLVww.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
We would like to ask you something.

azltrBd.jpg
I am sleeping, go away.

K6kLgfN.jpg
It is very hot, I know you are tired, so this herbal tea is for you.

azltrBd.jpg
Hehe, yeah it is too hot. I almost forgot that helping out is my duty. So what is wrong?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Three years ago, I suffered from a serious disease but a doctor who passed by our town cured me in three days.

K6kLgfN.jpg
My family thanked him, but he refused our reward and left. After so many years I heard that he is currently in Luoyang so I am here to visit him with my two brothers.

azltrBd.jpg
So
what do you want to know?

K6kLgfN.jpg
We don’t know his exact address. But we heard that after a big case in Luoyang this month everyone’s name is in a register.

K6kLgfN.jpg
So we want to see the register and find him by his handwriting I got on his prescriptions.

azltrBd.jpg
Eh… it will break the rules but you are so kind… my register dropped to the ground, if you have a look at it while helping me pick it up, I can do nothing.

K6kLgfN.jpg
OK, thank you.

Wei Ziling is a troo Sherlock.

ebrX3ny.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
And “Yu Xiu” is registered as the servant of the Minister’s Government Office.

sSBLVww.jpg
It’s Qian’s family again! Qian must have something to do with this.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Though we know their family is involved, we only have this letter and it alone can’t prove anything. There are still many unsolved questions I’m afraid…

HKpwBf8.jpg
It’s alright, at least we have this lead to follow.

sSBLVww.jpg
Yeah, don’t we also have Zhao Niangzi to look into? I wonder whether Fu found her or not?

Speak of the devil…

gnI7CVr.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Did you find anything about Zhao Niangzi?

Yn8nvFt.jpg
Exactly, this Zhao Niangzi lives in the alley adjacent the drug store. I was going to visit her, how about we go together!

azltrBd.jpg
Hey! If you are finished reading, give the register back to me!

HKpwBf8.jpg
You go first, Fu, and we will follow up once this is settled.

Yn8nvFt.jpg
Alright, I’m going now.

Next it’s time to ask the widow some questions.

ru0jZca.jpg

BE64DdA.jpg
Who are you?

K6kLgfN.jpg
We are friends of Li Dalang…

BE64DdA.jpg
You must be mistaken. Only me and my son are here. We don’t know any Li Dalang, you’d better leave.

K6kLgfN.jpg
We didn’t say anything, there’s no need to panic…

BE64DdA.jpg
I… I…

hjj95SX.jpg
Are they picking on you, mom?

BE64DdA.jpg
No, Heng, they just mistook me for someone else.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Lovely boy, your name is Heng? How old are you?

FW08PDp.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
(It should be Three Character Primer.)

Three Character Primer is one of the Chinese classic texts.

BE64DdA.jpg
I am sorry, I have work to do and I really don’t know Li Dalang.

hjj95SX.jpg
Mom? Why do you say you don’t know him? Are they here to catch us? I will protect you! I will not let them take you to Gong Fu.

sSBLVww.jpg
Gong Fu?

hjj95SX.jpg
Yeah.

BE64DdA.jpg
Stop, Heng.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Wait a second…

BE64DdA.jpg
We can’t say any more, you can go now.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Sorry for bothering you.

HKpwBf8.jpg
(It is strange, Fu is one step ahead of us, why don’t we see him?)

Outside the widow’s house Fu already happens to own some putz.

nlAD8lD.jpg

Yn8nvFt.jpg
Talk! Why are you hanging around here?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Fu?

Yn8nvFt.jpg
While you were inside, I noticed this suspicious guy so I watched him for a while. He was sneaking outside the house for a long time so I captured him to find out why.

0Vj2fiG.jpg
Don’t blame me for anything. I was, I was just passing by and found the view good here, that’s why I was watching.

K6kLgfN.jpg
What view is there outside someone else’s house?

0Vj2fiG.jpg
Ahaha. That’s right, how goes the saying? Birds can be friends on the branch, but it’s hard to sort the dropping flower and the stream.

Yeah, Chinese idioms get lost in translation.

sSBLVww.jpg
I think you want to get a beating, own up now!

0Vj2fiG.jpg
Don’t hit me! I will talk! I was just having some affection for Zhao Niangzi, so I wandered outside her house.

K6kLgfN.jpg
(Heng’er has been saying that some bad people want to capture him and his mother, does that have anything to do with this guy?)

K6kLgfN.jpg
Fu, I think he didn’t mean any harm, how about letting him go.

0Vj2fiG.jpg
It’s the miss who is reasonable, you guys let go of me.

sSBLVww.jpg
You…

Yn8nvFt.jpg
…Alright.

Pea brain Shinji can’t follow again.

JjHc0PL.jpg

Yn8nvFt.jpg
That kind of guy is cunning and who knows whether he’s telling the truth. So, let’s release him first and see where he will go. Am I right, miss Wei?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hee hee! It looks like Fu is bold yet you are so careful inside.

Yn8nvFt.jpg
Haha, I will follow him now. Let’s meet up again at the tavern.

Some time later…

u3xTZj9.jpg

Yn8nvFt.jpg
That guy was indeed cunning, he led me around for two hours on the Luoyang streets. But I finally caught sight of him at the Ministry of Works.

HKpwBf8.jpg
The Ministry of Works? Zhao Niangzi is but a civilian, how can she get involved with the Ministry?

Yn8nvFt.jpg
I don’t know about that. Right, did Zhao Niangzi mention Li Dalang?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Zhao Niangzi insisted she didn’t know Li Dalang, which is obviously a lie.

HKpwBf8.jpg
But we got to know that Zhao Niangzi and her little child were once captured in a place named “Gong Fu”. Something must have happened there which resulted in her refusing to open her lips. Have you heard about that place, Fu?

Yn8nvFt.jpg
“Gong Fu”? That’s a really weird name. I have never heard of it.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gong Fu, Gong Fu…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Does it remind you of anything, Ziling?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, I remember that when we were at Zhao Niangzi’s, the kid read “San Zi Jing” as “San Zi Gong”?

San Zi Jing (三字经) = Three Character Primer. The kid misread Chinese characters… more stuff that’s kinda untranslatable.

sSBLVww.jpg
The kid knows little characters, so he just read the parts of the word, what’s with that? Eh?

HKpwBf8.jpg
That’s right, so “Gong Fu” should really “Jing Fu”?

K6kLgfN.jpg
I just thought, it can only be Jiang’s mansion. There are many people in Luoyang whose last name is Jiang yet there’ s only one Jiang’s mansion.

sSBLVww.jpg
You are confusing me, are you saying this has something to do with Great Xia Jiang?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Of course not. Do you know whose house is next to Jiang’s mansion?

Yn8nvFt.jpg
I have just been there a while ago, that’s the house of the Minister of Works, Qian Yi.

sSBLVww.jpg
Everything leads to this Qian guy.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Looks like we are going to be unwelcome guests for one time.

Yn8nvFt.jpg
Visiting Qian’s mansion at night, interesting!

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part XXIX: Infiltration

It’s time to “sneak” into the mansion.

fwXKs7q.jpg

It’s impossible to avoid a fight with the two guards at the door… but they’re likely the biggest putzes in the entire game.

nHWEfbJ.jpg

pjCcg11.jpg

ty2XylN.jpg

Shi Yan is in her element here; she steals a unique item.

dP7qFEJ.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
There must be some secrets here if it’s defended by some many guards.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Let’s look around for something suspicious.

ArBrHXM.jpg

MaUXeXx.jpg

There’s something odd about a painting.

Hub7dKt.jpg

L7eTNYB.jpg

kMgeyno.jpg

Let’s lift it and find out.

qo12uZi.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Let’s go down and have a look.

In the hidden basement is another putz to one shot.

wKGypsc.jpg

6JYKp4S.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
If you answer our questions honestly, we’ll consider it. But if you hold back anything… you know the consequences! Nobody can control my little brother when he is angry.

8IPmSI9.jpg
What do you want to know? I promise I will tell you anything without reserve.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Have you heard the name of Yu Xiu or Li Dalang here in Qian’s mansion?

8IPmSI9.jpg
I-I’m Yu Xia, Li Dalang is imprisoned here.

Yn8nvFt.jpg
Ha, that’s great.

HKpwBf8.jpg
We should free brother Li first.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Lead the way, hurry up!

8IPmSI9.jpg
Yes, of course…

Si48SvY.jpg

xhptib5.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes, brother Li, aunt was worried about you these days.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Brother Gu, let’s get out of here.

Ddd3fuv.jpg
No, I can’t leave… I should stay here. Mr Gu, you should go!

sSBLVww.jpg
Did being here too long turn you mad?

K6kLgfN.jpg
(Mrs Zhao didn’t want to say anything either…) Brother Li, is there any private reason why you can’t tell us?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Brother Li, what is the matter exactly?

Ddd3fuv.jpg
I have nothing to say. A life for a life, just go…

Yn8nvFt.jpg
It’s impossible, brother Li would never kill anyone.

sSBLVww.jpg
Hey! Yu Xiu, if you know something, tell us now.

Ddd3fuv.jpg
Don’t push him. He has helped me a lot… I woudn’t have the chance to say goodbye to my mother if it weren’t for him.

8IPmSI9.jpg
Actually…

Ddd3fuv.jpg
Mr Yu!

8IPmSI9.jpg
I… I’m just a minion of the minister, but anybody can feel angry about his experience before.

HKpwBf8.jpg
What the hell is going on?

8IPmSI9.jpg
I should start with Mrs Zhao. She is a widow as well as one of the beauties of Luoyang city. A lot of men admire her including Li…

K6kLgfN.jpg
I’ve seen her once, she is beautiful indeed. Brother Li is industrious and veracious, they could be a perfect couple. So what is the problem?

8IPmSI9.jpg
The problem is Mrs Zhao is too beautiful. Everybody knows that young master Qian is lascivicious… he often molested Mrs Zhao with Chen Hao, the son of another minister. Mrs Zhao didn’t have the ability to resist. Li suffered a lot trying to protect her.

sSBLVww.jpg
Bah! Those two beasts.

HKpwBf8.jpg
As sons of officials, they throw their weight around regardless of the law.

Yn8nvFt.jpg
But why did brother Li commit murder?

8IPmSI9.jpg
*sigh* At the end of last month, Qian Xuan and Chen Hao molested Mrs Zhao again. In the end, Qian Xuan took a chopper and stabbed Chen Hao. There was evidence and witnesses. Besides Chen Hao’s father is a minister as well, he wouldn’t leave things at that. Qian Xuan was finally sentenced to death.

HKpwBf8.jpg
What does all this have to do with brother Li?

8IPmSI9.jpg
It was all because of some friends of Qian Xuan. Quan Yi was trying to save his son… these people told him that Li and Qian Xuan were similar in appearance.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You mean they want to use Li as an imposter?

8IPmSI9.jpg
Yes! Li has no money and power. Qian Yi took Mrs Zhao and her son to threaten him. He had to compromise. I feel sorry for him but couldn’t save him. All I could do was send a letter to his mother…

sSBLVww.jpg
This Qian family is so vicious.

Yn8nvFt.jpg
Eh, I will make them pay.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Fu, Ji, we should find a way to save brother LI first.

sSBLVww.jpg
We can take him out directly.

Ddd3fuv.jpg
No, I won’t go with you. They won’t let off Mrs Zhao.

sSBLVww.jpg

Yn8nvFt.jpg
Brother Li, don’t be afraid. They can’t hurt you while I’m here.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Brother Fu, this is not so simple. Qian Yi won’t let go so easily with his son’s life involved.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Even if we save him, they would become fugitives henceforth. We must think of a perfect way and make everyone know about this. Qian Yi couldn’t do anything in that case.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hearing what you just said, I’ve come up with an idea.

Yn8nvFt.jpg
What’s your plan?

K6kLgfN.jpg
We can expose their plot in public. So they won’t have a second chance to hurt brother Li…

Wei’s ploy works as the next day the minister’s son tries to leave the city in disguise.

Zhfp5Z2.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Mr Qian, it’s an important day today, why are you out dressing like this?

oIGJojc.jpg

Yn8nvFt.jpg
You still have no intention to change your ways and just want to escape? Ask my sword first.

It’s the same two losers with two tougher hombres.

TwaaWYD.jpg

wmeX5xb.jpg

ZAQgilZ.jpg

Kt8vcnq.jpg

The big dude with the Spellbound talent needs to be killed last.

NWQBIRr.jpg

LdQbPs3.jpg

The Spellbound will temporarily possess a party member (unless they have the Determined talent).

If Gu gets possessed in the midst of battle, it could be a problem.

azbsbAn.jpg

M5nRlEr.jpg

All that’s left to do is deliver the culprit to the authorities.

cJ2FwZo.jpg

CEpjO8y.jpg

pzBkiau.jpg

IFU3x0h.jpg

Daddy’s boy is finished.

IULqI39.jpg

VC64gXk.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
The Emperor is blind all the time yet this time he can know black from white.

HKpwBf8.jpg
This time the evidence is clear and everyone in Luoyang knows it. Even the Emperor can’t protect him.

JG1vnSu.jpg

0zfJorM.jpg

Yn8nvFt.jpg
Hahahaha, that’s twice good news in one day for brother Li, I must go to Dukang village to drink with you.

Back in Dukang village Fu Jianhan can now be recruited.

l0RQUNz.jpg

Fu Jianhan is a good character but he drinks up all the booze...

p4bmWi0.jpg

More importantly we now finally have a full party.

mrC0PPh.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part XXX: Share in Death

With Fu Jianhan in the party we can solve the Chong-Ling Swordsmanship quest.

First we need to chat to some old fart at Swordsmith’s Manor.

7xsmDQ9.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Grandpa, then you must know Master Linghu and Righteous Lady.

2oRcXL8.jpg
Hehe… it has been so long. I really miss the courage of our Master and the Lady.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Master Linghu was the best friend of Nobody the Hero. We’ve been hearing his life story since we were very young. But the legend is eisegetical.

Eisegetical? Translator breh must’ve swallowed a thesaurus.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You lived with them before. Could you tell us something about them?

2oRcXL8.jpg
No problem. Let me think… hehe, they used to catch frogs and roast them on a tree branch for us. Our Lady asked us if we ever ate frogs caught by Nine-form Dugu Swordsmanship.

Well, better frog than dog.

2oRcXL8.jpg
There was more… Master liked drinking so much that his liver got damaged. Doctor said that he would only live a long life if he gave up drinking. Our Lady forbade all of us from drinking for his own good.

2oRcXL8.jpg
Master felt depressed. One day, Master requested his friend to bring him two bottles of wine and put them in my room. I was only nine that year. Who would think a nine-year-old boy could drink?

2oRcXL8.jpg
Master came to my room frequently to drink. He told me so many interesting stories of Jianghu… I really miss that time. I’m now even old than Master at that time.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I really admire that loving couple… Granpa, I have a question to ask you.

2oRcXL8.jpg

What question? I’m not sure whether I can answer you.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Have you ever heard of “Chong-Ling Swordsmanship”?

2oRcXL8.jpg
…Chong-Ling Swordsmanship was created by Master and his junior sister. Master would mention his junior sister every time he was drunk.

2oRcXL8.jpg
Master said she was just like a sister to him. He would never hurt the Lady. But when he mentioned Chong-Ling Swordsmanship, his eyes filled with sorrow.

2oRcXL8.jpg
He always said “Nobody would use Share in Death with me since then”. I was too young to understand the meaning of his words. And I said “Our Lady would die for you if it was necessary”.

2oRcXL8.jpg
He just smiled and then cried “I know Yingying is willing to die for me and I for her. But it’s different.” Even now I still don’t understand the difference.

2oRcXL8.jpg
Then he walked to the stone wall of Sword Grave and knocked the wall with his sword. The point of the blade touched the wall and bended to a nice arc. After that, Master lied on the ground and cried like a child.

K6kLgfN.jpg
(Master Linghu was a spoony man, but Righteous Lady was greater than anyone. She knew that her husband loved someone else but still lived with him…)

K6kLgfN.jpg
Thank you, grandpa.

You can take Yan Yu to Ren Haoran and say thanks but the reward is just some iron ore.

Interacting with the wall near Sword Grave there is an event only if Fu Jianhan is also around.

Ykq1LxG.jpg

tsuUEHw.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling, got something?

K6kLgfN.jpg
As the old man said, the tip of the sword caused the damage on the wall. Why would “Share in Death” need to use the tip of the sword to repeatedly stab the walls?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Chong-Ling Swordsmanship needs two people. We just can’t figure out the reason Great Xia Linghu did this.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch, whoever witnessed this swordsmanship has already passed away. Some rumors even say that two people performing the Share in Death glow in golden light and ascend to become immortals! Full of crap!

A9No94L.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
What you said is just conjecture. It’s dual swordsmanship, why would they stab each other?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Ji, I get it! Han is right. Share in Death is exactly like this!

sSBLVww.jpg
Why do you call him “Han”, you two are not that close!

Yn8nvFt.jpg
Haha, I don’t mind.

KxerNp4.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
So that explains it.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch, why is there this kind of useless swordsmanship.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Not necessarily. Though Chong-Ling swordsmanship will not cause harm, it’s alright to skip the other technique. Share in Death practices both the force and direction, not to mention the effect of cultivating the bond between two people.

sSBLVww.jpg
… Quite indeed.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Now that we know how it works, Jing Ji, let’s practice the Chong-Ling Swordsmanship when we have time.

sSBLVww.jpg
Why – why would I do that! Besides the sword is not your regular weapon, don’t I need to teach you everything from the very beginning? I don’t have the time.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Humph! Suit yourself. Han, practice with me.

Yn8nvFt.jpg
Oh? No problem, it seems interesting.

sSBLVww.jpg
Wait a moment! I didn’t say “no” yet.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You’re as fussy as a woman. Pass.

sSBLVww.jpg
… I told you I agreed, don’t be like this.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hmmm…..

Yn8nvFt.jpg
Haha, how could I tear apart the lover-birds!

ZNXUmDy.jpg

y5X8HmS.gif

Anyway, the reward for this quest… is a quest item.

BIUDIi4.jpg

After this we return once to Leshan Giant Buddha.

The reward for returning Xu Zhen’s scroll is a restricted art book.

MNYt8jB.jpg

Z3WjU4S.jpg
Ah! Finally I receive the books, thank you so much. I really don’t know why anyone wants to rob those ordinary scriptures?

HKpwBf8.jpg
The people who robbed the scriptures were very strong… I think there’s something more behind it.

Z3WjU4S.jpg
I don’t know. The abbot knows and will send elites to escort the scriptures. Please receive this as a token of our gratitude.

1Go813C.jpg

After this we run into some unique encounters travelling on the world map.

While traveling in the north there’s an important random encounter.

hUaQ0Qe.jpg

9wnB9dt.jpg

WNHayft.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Brother Gu! That lady seems to be in trouble, we should help her!

These bishes are underlings of Nine Yin and have dangerous Force Lightning poison attacks.

LBKDQl0.jpg

ziKOhtz.jpg

This is a high risk, high reward encounter.

lfpzrm0.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Sister, why did they attack you?

hjQiRUM.jpg

02VD0m5.jpg

The reward is a great new sword skill and internal style for Shui.

LHi7Sb8.jpg

I98JF71.jpg

On its own Lady’s Sword is a very good skill: high damage, 0 cooldown, works in 3 hex radius and boosts evasion every time it’s used.

But in combination with Lady internal style it’s amazing. The Lady will further boost evasion and grant Dual Strike upon evading in battle. If Shui dual strikes her AoE skill the enemies will be ded without evasion.

5LsxjFY.jpg

vAPasFP.jpg

A bit later there’s an encounter with a certain boy in blue.

ft0m2aq.jpg

CVwr49q.jpg

uJuPGa9.jpg

USEUYTt.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
That little kid is good for nothing, he didn’t even hit back.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Hehe, he didn’t give up even though they were stronger, similar to us.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hmm? There is something on the ground… is this Nobody the Hero Picture Story book?

sSBLVww.jpg
Let me see! Ha, it’s pretty good.

HKpwBf8.jpg
That teenager must have saved money to buy it. We should return it to him.

sSBLVww.jpg
Can’t find them, they ran off too fast.

K6kLgfN.jpg
They are locals, with all these twisty alleys they know this place better than us. I think it would take us half a day to find them.

sSBLVww.jpg
But we don’t have much time!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Then we have no choice but to return it to him when we get a chance in the future.

9jmm4o6.jpg

Finally there’s a random encounter involving Rong Rong… always nice to see her.

mVX7zQ0.jpg

i0AgSWI.jpg

QZwH5Mu.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
The eagle wants to eat your rabbit. Just give it and it will leave you alone.

wO7UxQR.jpg
But my rabbit is so cute. I don’t want the eagle to eat it.

sSBLVww.jpg
Then the eagle will be hungry.

wO7UxQR.jpg
B-but…

Shinji needs to take the eagle down to help Rong Rong.

7b00i4z.jpg

Piece o’ cake.

SMehHgl.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Just this once.

wO7UxQR.jpg
Thanks. What is your name?

sSBLVww.jpg
It’s nothing. My brother and the girl are at the market, I’m going to find them.

wO7UxQR.jpg
The girl…? Does he love the girl, what a shame… Ya, why am I so gossipy? Bunny, it’s all right, let’s go.

The reward for this is another internal style. Since it takes 84 in a stat to learn, it’s prolly gonna be really gud.

aQAw0oY.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Party XXXI: Red Qin

Before heading off to Hangzhou it’s time for another stop at Xiaoyao valley.

When matching requirements Wuxia Zi will now teach new skillz.

kLsRKUo.jpg

NfaXn9d.jpg

All you need to do is survive some rounds here.

sAEGt9U.jpg

jMUFRQ0.jpg

Both new skills are fairly good.

YD4tz1k.jpg

j2cHwMU.jpg

When returning to Xiaoyao valley it’s also a good idea to introduce new friends to Hu.

OMzagTg.jpg

ywsv5Jd.jpg
I’ve heard about Pury Fairy for so long. The power of the two young masters will be doubled with your help.

KC3GnCL.jpg

ywsv5Jd.jpg
Young Master, I’m sorry for your loss.

2rfJBiu.jpg
There is much inconvenience because of my father’s death. I appreciate your kindness but must decline the offering.

ywsv5Jd.jpg
It was my cursoriness, please forgive me.

CP0MI5P.jpg

We also have enough rare ore to craft new gloves for Gu.

1UUOAIE.jpg

bFQMVu3.jpg

rXnEdni.jpg

Interacting with the red Qin with Shui and Xiao in the party leads to an event.

xfFrXwx.jpg

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Do you play the Qin as well?

YvkZUQ5.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
My master and Celestial Melody both love music. So I know a thing or two, but you’re better than me.
6YNRFwM.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Celestial Melody sent me this one when I was 10. Back then I had no idea about the quality of Qin. Ji would only sleep well when I played the melody of Ambush On All Sides.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Can you tell the quality of Qin from the lacquer?

AY52EZ1.jpg

2rfJBiu.jpg
But if the coffin gets damp or the crossbeams are under pressure, the texture would be damaged. The sound can be transparent but won’t be pure. The wood of this one is pine with over 200 years in the forest.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Didn’t you just say that it wouldn’t have such a texture if the wood is less than 700 years old?

2rfJBiu.jpg
After hundreds of years, the natural fissure is sharp like a sword. While the end of fake ones looks like a leaf or fish head. Genuine arts are always simple.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
So… this one is a fake?

2rfJBiu.jpg
It must be one that senior Celestial Melody made herself. A brilliant gift, I really admire you.

After this there is either missing dialogue or completely mistranslated dialogue because it makes no sense at all.

Somehow this ends in a sparring match between Gu, Shinji and Shui, Xiao. It seems Gu’s intention was to gift the red Qin to Shui/Xiao in exchange for a sparring match.

JK32dkK.jpg

IlhQZV1.jpg

Shui is very dangerous and her boyfriend can support her very well with buffs and heals.

MuCgQnG.jpg

But with 8 Immortals skill she can be shut down for one turn and Shinji can easily take her out.

1C8KsPA.jpg

V5g6wKC.jpg

Xiao Fu on his own is not dangerous.

4pW5B0b.jpg

GbbE1Gg.jpg

qF7Xgj6.jpg

Most importantly we got a unique item that Xiao Fu should equip.

0gZOR3a.jpg

Back on the world map there’s a random encounter with Xu Ziyi, the brother of the white scholar from Chengdu.

hWEghmr.jpg

Judging from his stats, he’s a god. However, because of his very high Dual Strike chance he blows through his energy extremely quickly and when out of juice he can’t do much at all.

jaXiBvj.jpg

So3YP7y.jpg

TLHz0b9.jpg

When his health is very low he’ll trigger invulnerability for a few turns and go nuts.

xAwhkyz.jpg

zZOIqWe.jpg

D3CIQPy.jpg

wo6rw2w.jpg

This encounter is repeatable, you can get an internal style scroll if you’re lucky.

EWin3PL.jpg

Elsewhere is a random encounter centering around Yan Yu of all people.

9NPQobh.jpg

jCdDfE9.jpg

Iuzp1eR.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
(It’s about this mute person.)

Gint9CH.jpg
Duke Cheng acquired an internal style book. It’s similar to your internal styles somehow, so he wants me to give it to you.

K6kLgfN.jpg
…!! Duke Cheng… he’s the sixth uncle of the Emperor! He and Yan…

sSBLVww.jpg
Who?

K6kLgfN.jpg
You are so ignorant! Duke Cheng is the sixth uncle of the Emperor and a noble character in the Imperial Court.

sSBLVww.jpg
It’s boring, I’m not interested in that.

Lp5vf5D.jpg
No gains without pains, I can’t take it.

Gint9CH.jpg
It’s the order of our Duke, you have to.

Lp5vf5D.jpg
What if I insist?

Gint9CH.jpg
Then I’m sorry.

Even with little training Yan Yu could beat this dude with some pellet use. But it’s better to lose and get the internal style book for free.

DeM4eTz.jpg

cU92qkr.jpg

jenyVXb.jpg

YBi2LBV.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part XXXII: Dead on arrival

It’s time to visit Hangzhou.

3c7hhOE.jpg

tT0tCM1.jpg

There’s immediately some drama upon entering the city.

mvq8OUm.jpg

Y7ndNIM.jpg

PrZWN4a.jpg
You shouldn’t be so harsh! My son didn’t steal anything! How could you beat him to death?

PrZWN4a.jpg
My wife put so much effort into raising my son and suddenly you killed him… didn’t you force her to kill herself?

PrZWN4a.jpg
We didn’t do anything wrong… how could you do this all to ruin our lives? How am I supposed to live?

PrZWN4a.jpg
*sob* …Xiao… your father is useless! I can not deliver justice for you two! My wife… your husband is useless, I can only go and accompany you in hell!

The speech ends with a suicide and Fang Yunhua shows up.

CSioKt5.jpg

agsR74M.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Fang Yunhua? What happened here?

IFPWqkl.jpg
I just passed by and saw this guy crying out his innocence. I was just asking the neighbor for the details, I didn’t expect…

IFPWqkl.jpg
If it’s true that the ministry councilor An forced his death, he went too far in bullying others… I will take his head for the three men in heaven!

HKpwBf8.jpg
The moral degeneration of the world is getting worse by the day. I didn’t expect there would be such an evil person in this place.

IFPWqkl.jpg
Master used to teach us to help the weak and we should not leave this as it is… I think Gu will agree with me.

IFPWqkl.jpg
And you two are…?

HKpwBf8.jpg
This is my little brother in training Jing Ji, and that is Wei Ziling from Wei castle.

HKpwBf8.jpg
We just noticed the noise here and came to check it out, only to see this man killing himself in grievance…

sSBLVww.jpg
Men like An should be taught a lesson.

K6kLgfN.jpg
What’s your plan, Jing Ji? Fight your way in and beat him? Or kill him? Then it will be you who’ll be sent to prison.

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph! According to you, should we just leave this alone?

K6kLgfN.jpg
When did I say we should leave this alone? We can find evidence to prove that An was behind all this.

IFPWqkl.jpg
None should escape punishment from justice. Even if I can’t kill this bastard, he should reserve his just desserts. Or else, what does justice even mean in this world? Please help me, Gu.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Sure thing. How about this, let’s look into this separately. If there’s any progress we can meet at the city gate.

IFPWqkl.jpg
Good, let’s do that.

We need to ask around a bit for clues.

N1YeNAu.jpg

dSjyEI1.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
You are right, they are so pitiful.

OlpFo7g.jpg

6EiXELr.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Damn it, who is this shopkeeper?

PNjpCy6.jpg
He is Mr An’s henchman. Everyone here knows him. Because he has Mr An’s support he dares to do anything bad.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Sounds like he would know a lot about An’s family.

rvYH8Sm.jpg

6fOYuvQ.jpg
But that was not all. The storekeeper sent his minions to Xie’s house to ask for reparations and to hand over his land deeds. His wife was very sad and committed suicide the night after the threatening…

sSBLVww.jpg
An’s family are savages.

6fOYuvQ.jpg
Yeah. They have money and power. I heard some rumors. It is said Mr An newly married a woman and planned to use Xie’s land to build a house for her.

GKEyFqY.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Why did all this come to be then?

xYoOYV9.jpg
It was all about money. An was getting rich and thought his yard was too small so he wanted to get Xie’s land… but Xie is not one to be bullied and An failed.

xYoOYV9.jpg
It my opinion it must be An’s henchmen who did it to please their master, especially the storekeeper Chen Dayou has done a lot of bad things for his master. I heard it was him who asked Axiao to work for An.

HKpwBf8.jpg
The storekeeper must have some connection with this.

sSBLVww.jpg
That is easy, let’s just catch him and interrogate him.

xYoOYV9.jpg
*sigh* Unexpectedly, at the New Year the mother and son wanted to do some work while the father was not here… then the accident happened…

There’s a kid around who triggers Xiao Fu’s attention.

0KNrmkT.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Brats… ouch! Why are you stepping on my toes!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Alright! He loves ghost stories, the scarier the better!

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsch!

JL00Dp1.jpg
Heh heh! I saw this with my own eyes: flying zombies.

K6kLgfN.jpg
…zom…ZOMBIES?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Flying… zombies? Could this have anything to do with… the Puppet Husk?

2rfJBiu.jpg
What did you say?!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Don’t get so worked up suddenly, we need to know everything first.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Is it true you saw flying zombies, young man.

JL00Dp1.jpg
Yes, I saw them when I was out to go to the toilet.

2rfJBiu.jpg
Alright then, it must be the Puppet Husk. I will kill him this time.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Xiao, we still don’t know if this is really the Puppet Husk, I think we should investigate first…

2rfJBiu.jpg
I understand. I know revenge is not an easy thing but as long as there’s a single clue I will follow it to the end.

sSBLVww.jpg
Heh heh! This is easy actually. We just need to wait here and see who will come.

JL00Dp1.jpg
Can you tell me about it later if you really saw the zombies.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Okay, I promise we will come back to you afterwards.

At night the Puppet Husk doesn’t appear. It’s just Shi Gang pursuing a neenja.

VVmlrQl.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Brother Gu… what should we do if they’re real zombies?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Don’t worry, we are all here. I will protect you no matter what.

sSBLVww.jpg
I’ve already said you can stay at the inn if you are afraid. But you didn’t listen and insisted on coming with us.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Humph! You really are a terrible person.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji… Ziling…

2rfJBiu.jpg
He’s coming back!

sSBLVww.jpg
Let’s catch him this time.

3JVyHIU.jpg

Qgw3l8e.jpg

EOwTWNz.jpg

2rfJBiu.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Brother Xiao, don’t be disappointed, we’ll find that Puppet Husk for certain.

HKpwBf8.jpg
That burglar is good at Qinggong, he can’t be on the run forever. We should help Constable Shi to capture him.

Next morning Shi Gang comes to talk.

Lx29rfG.jpg

7mpxRsZ.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes, I am. This is my junior brother Jing Ji, Miss Wei, daughter of Senior Silver Spear, and Xiao Fu from String-sword Manor.

T0AOCgp.jpg
Nice to meet you.

K6kLgfN.jpg
That burglar was really good at Qinggong.

T0AOCgp.jpg
He is Fragrance of the Night. Recently, he’s caused a lot of trouble.

K6kLgfN.jpg
There was an exotic fragrance when we were following him. He is worthy of the name.

HKpwBf8.jpg
So he is the famous Fragrance of the Night. He is really worthy of the name, “You can smell his scent without seeing or hearing him”.

sSBLVww.jpg
Bah! Don’t be so flowery, he is just a thief no matter how long his name is.

T0AOCgp.jpg
I will catch him one day.

T0AOCgp.jpg
Thanks for your help, I have important things to do, see you around.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Farewell.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsk! This was a waste of time.

The kid gives us a rare stone as reward.

9E1KPWC.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hehe! Those weren’t zombies, it was Constable Shi chasing thieves.

sSBLVww.jpg
Humpf! Someone was scared!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Get off my back.

JL00Dp1.jpg
Wow! You saw the naked face! Wow!!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Constable Shi is well loved by the populace, even kids look up to him.

sSBLVww.jpg

JL00Dp1.jpg
Thank you, lady, now I can tell my friends all about it! I won this in a marble contest, you can have it now.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Thank you so much!

HKpwBf8.jpg
This stone… is unusual…

K6kLgfN.jpg
I think so too, maybe we can take it to the antique shop and let the owner check it for us.

tbXpXrr.jpg

In Hangzhou we also needed to pay a visit to the Beggars’ Sect.

U9qfPT4.jpg

Dk3G4Oy.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Pleasure to meet you, I’m Gu Yuexuan from Xiaoyao valley.

HKpwBf8.jpg
(The beggar who died by poison is from the Beggars’ sect…)

cXlqSE0.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Ah!!

sSBLVww.jpg
What?!

K6kLgfN.jpg
There’s a head!

FI4EL8e.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
That’s Elder Xu for sure?

sSBLVww.jpg
Clay? Though with clay, how could someone know the appearance just from the skull?

4ca6CY9.jpg
I have no idea, either. Doctor Miracle Xun can answer our questions.

RfxItcC.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Really… do you really need to be this specific?

sSBLVww.jpg
I just want to know, ok? Cover your ears if you’re scared.

K6kLgfN.jpg
…Humph! You’re not considerate at all!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji is just curious. I wonder how you guys know the cadaver is Elder Xu.

4ca6CY9.jpg
Long story. Several days ago, the officials of Chengdu sent a dead body to the mortuary for someone to claim.

4ca6CY9.jpg
Out of curiosity, someone went to have a look, only to find out the middle finger was missing. And Elder Xu lost this very finger during a fight years ago.

sSBLVww.jpg
So? There are other people without a middle finger. How can you be so sure?

4ca6CY9.jpg
I owe you guys. We’d never have found Elder Xu if you hadn’t found his remains by chance. People are all pumped up and angry, swearing to find the murderer.

HKpwBf8.jpg
The case of Elder Xu’s death is an unturned stone. But the officials closed the case in a hurry…

4ca6CY9.jpg
As a matter of fact, Elder Xu is not only the Branch Master of the Branch of Grand Li but also a toxin master. He wouldn’t die of some ordinary poison. Something is not adding up.

m8WifNS.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, he’s the…?

HKpwBf8.jpg
As I suspected, you really belong to the Beggars’ Sect.

4ca6CY9.jpg
He’s been transferred to Branch of Grand Yi two years ago and is a capable assistant.

p0hGHdQ.jpg
Elder Xu, I will get to the bottom of this.

4ca6CY9.jpg
Don’t worry, we’ll find the real killer.

p0hGHdQ.jpg
Were it not for the kindness of Elder Xu after I got kicked out at home I’d be long gone now. To honor Elder Xu I will find the murderer.

4ca6CY9.jpg
They’re like father and son. His anger is understandable.

HKpwBf8.jpg
This case is a mystery, we found Elder Xu’s remains by chance. It’s a pity that we couldn’t find more clues. Shame on us.

4ca6CY9.jpg
You’ve already been a big help. As a token of thanks, take this.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you. I hope the killer will be brought to justice soon. And if there’s anything we can be of assistance with, don’t hesitate to ask.

QtGU0Ef.jpg

4ca6CY9.jpg
Go ahead.

5An7Z85.jpg

4ca6CY9.jpg
Understood. We’ll start a thorough investigation. If nothing else, see you next time.

We can add Xiao Yao to the party now but I don’t like him. Just for the fact alone that he munches all the food you got without asking.

vuwKtm5.jpg

Hangzhou is also the place where you can use Hu’s toasting items to hold banquets and get 5,000 experience for the entire party if you rent the biggest hall.

VEX9Klq.jpg

zQ7zdwn.jpg

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part XXXIII: Hangzhou

Near the bridge to the brothel is a beggar selling art books.

l0V4NCV.jpg

Ms5t2DP.jpg
What a slender and burly young lad, you must be a talent in martial arts!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you…

Ms5t2DP.jpg
I have a great gift for great men… you must be a man of Wulin… incidentally I have several copies of legendary art books. So, interested?

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch! Selling art books on the street? Something is not adding up…

Ms5t2DP.jpg
Don’t be shy, have a look! Oh, I see, youngsters like you… don’t have much money?

Ms5t2DP.jpg
It’s all right! This must be a fate meeting! I’m giving you a discount, 5000 Qian, what do you say?

HKpwBf8.jpg
OK, here you are, 5000 Qian.

sSBLVww.jpg
Really? What if the art book is fake? What if you get insane after reading it.

HKpwBf8.jpg
The authenticity of it doesn’t matter. Just think it as helping the old man.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu is really kind.

Ms5t2DP.jpg
Nice! Nice! 5000 Qian for an excellent art book, fair bargain!

16lgx2q.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Though Gu has bought it out of kindness, the source of the art book is unknown… someone in the city must know a thing or two about this old man who’s selling art books in the street. Let’s ask around.

sSBLVww.jpg
This city is quite large, where are we gonna ask?

K6kLgfN.jpg
The best places to gather information in every city must be inns and taverns, let’s go there.

The beggar turns out to be the uncle of the innkeeper who offers to buy the art book back.

However, it’s best to return to the beggar.

1eLV6GK.jpg

9ZL7v6r.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Sorry, I’m not good enough to understand what’s in there…

Ms5t2DP.jpg
Ah! Shame, but I can’t take advantage of you, let me grab you another book.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Sorry, but I don’t think it is a good thing to sell these art books.

Ms5t2DP.jpg
Why? Why is that? If everyone knew how to protect themselves there would be no more conflict in the world!

sSBLVww.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
But you are just selling these to anyone, a wrong art will hurt people.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling!!

Ms5t2DP.jpg
Who do you think you are, little girl? Telling me what to do?

HKpwBf8.jpg
We mean you no harm, we just wish people won’t get hurt from learning the wrong art.

Ms5t2DP.jpg
Stop your blabbing and let’s see who’s right…

We get some training experience and perspective instead of a lousy art book, the best out come.

l1f8hAB.jpg

zYtZLU7.jpg

evkaB2y.jpg

sb1N6aO.jpg

Ms5t2DP.jpg
Forget it. These technique are nothing better than this. They’re not for sale anymore.

The last clue about An we get from a man on the bridge.

IA5JLFh.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Humph! In my opinon, this An family are all bad guys.

Os6JVvx.jpg
An Daohuang bought a woman from the brothel a few days ago. He said he would build a house for her. I knew he was going to do something… you see, the Xie family all died because of it. It was a real tragedy.

Os6JVvx.jpg
I also heard that the widow of Tang family borrowed 5 taels of silver from the storekeeper Chen Dayou to bury her husband. After some months the debt increased to 100 taels of silver, the widow can’t pay it off anymore.

The storekeeper isn’t in the brothel however.

K7Xuzwg.jpg

rlFo2J4.jpg

2iZdhQs.jpg

Our virgin chads can’t peruse the sloots either especially not with Ziling around.

xMVh3uF.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Huh! Ji!! Don’t follow the bad example of the Painter and Scholar.

sSBLVww.jpg
Pshaw, I have no interest in it! Boring!

K6kLgfN.jpg
How dare you sit down, you lothario! I won’t talk to you anymore.

sSBLVww.jpg
I said that I have no interest in it!

At the harbour we can’t do anything for now either. But there are some rumors about Ao Guang of Feng Du.

bydcn51.jpg

zP2NkNM.jpg

Near the harbour is an old man with a Skyrim joke.

vA0Qqq9.jpg

We make a trip back to Luoyang to have the stone from the kid investigated.

v1gsWjo.jpg

W7uSZU2.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Wow, really?

SoODN5q.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Is it really worth so much?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, do you want to sell it?

HKpwBf8.jpg
I never thought this stone would be worth so much, we should go to Hangzhou and return it.

sSBLVww.jpg
What? Walking all that way just for a stone?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes, that child doesn’t know the value of this stone, we can’t just keep it.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I knew you would say so! That’s my good brother!

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part XXXIV: East Ferry

On the way back to Hangzhou we make a stop at East Ferry.

5LDeOkX.jpg

There are some monkey munchers around here. We killed some monkeys ourselves but no way to sell any of their parts here.

ZcD3qDH.jpg

Near the boat there’s an event.

fAGjFsH.jpg

AaIGTet.jpg

OGkiODP.jpg

8os6ZUs.jpg

VaoIZzu.jpg
So it is! Two years ago I’ve been to Japan on business and quite enjoyed myself in the local brothel hehe! Quite the experience! Until now it still lingers in my mind!

4OmFSmG.jpg
Speaking of which, Master Ao owns an island in East Sea. He’s familiar with the Sea Shark Clan and Black Necro.

VaoIZzu.jpg
Of the six branches in Feng Du, the Branch of East Sea makes the greatest profits, they’re really something.

4OmFSmG.jpg
As for that, Black Necro is better by one tally. Now he commands the seven pirate groups and is the overlord of East Sea!

VaoIZzu.jpg
This is just between you and me, Master Luo pulls the strings to get the shipment of Japanese beauties from Black Necro to make a deal with Master Ao.

4OmFSmG.jpg
Weird! Since when is Master Luo a follower of Black Necro?

VaoIZzu.jpg
You have no idea, huh? That’s why so many people call him “traitor”. Hahaha!

4OmFSmG.jpg
So that explains it. I thought it’s just because he’s a mean businessman. *sigh* Poverty got in the way between us and the Japanese beauties. Let’s go, we still got work in the afternoon.

The smug retarts predictably piss off Ziling.

JWMTfW8.jpg

RWEseJR.jpg

m4rOalr.jpg

we9Edpi.jpg

DvPPfbT.jpg

aFnr9xq.jpg

VaoIZzu.jpg
Ouch!

4OmFSmG.jpg
Damn, why did you hit me!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Hell, Ziling seems to get into trouble.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch, she’s a born troublemaker. However, these ruffians have it coming.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Seems you would kick their ass for Ziling even if you act otherwise.

sSBLVww.jpg
I-I’m not on her side, their behavior is just intolerable. Don’t confuse it.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Hehe…

VaoIZzu.jpg
Goddamn it! Bro, teach this lassie a lesson!

Wei Ziling one shots the two but if she takes a hit Shinji will enter the battle to help her.

nl1k1Yh.jpg

qAKztHW.jpg

k4mXF3v.jpg

zZ1lvsn.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
You deserve it! This is just minor punishment, next time you’ll know what’s worse.

VaoIZzu.jpg
Right, right, there’ll be no second time. *sigh* My whole face is bruised, what am I supposed to tell the shrew at home?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Wait, who said you can go now?

4OmFSmG.jpg
What else do you want?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling, they’ve learnt their lesson. Be tolerant and let them go.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, I have something to ask them.

sSBLVww.jpg
Something to ask? Well, don’t ask for trouble.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Humph! That’s impossible.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You two just mentioned Master Luo got a shipment of Japanese women and wants to make a deal with Ao Guang of the Branch of East Sea. Now that I know this, I won’t leave it alone.

4OmFSmG.jpg
Well…

VaoIZzu.jpg
So what? The deal is already done. Furthermore, Master Luo, Black Necro and Ao Gang are all tough nuts to crack.

4OmFSmG.jpg
Jianghu has its rules. I advise you not to get involved or you may get yourself killed.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Everyone has the right to bring all evil deeds to justice. That Ao Guang really has no sense of shame. How can rich guys treat girls like livestock?

K6kLgfN.jpg
They have their lives, why would they be treated like merchandise?

4OmFSmG.jpg
Watch your tongue. You’ll get into trouble if Branch of East Sea hears it!

K6kLgfN.jpg
I have nothing to fear. And it saves me the trouble of finding them if they come to find me for it.

VaoIZzu.jpg
What you’re saying is far from the truth, poor and rich is decided from birth… look at you, you must be a rich young lady who scarcely experienced hardships…

VaoIZzu.jpg
This is life… some are born in a wealthy family while some are boatmen struggling to live like us, let alone servants ordered about by others. There are too many injustices beyond our limits.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Alright! So what if your daughter, sister… or even your wife are traded like goods, what will you do?

VaoIZzu.jpg
Eh!!

sSBLVww.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Well, rude as it is, her words make some sense.)

HKpwBf8.jpg
(Master once told us that learning martial arts is all for justice. She’s rather young, but I never thought she had a gallant spirit.)

4OmFSmG.jpg
Please cut us some slack, we’re not rivals to you both in martial arts and eloquence. Staying here will only disturb you.

4OmFSmG.jpg
We’ve got tons of work to do. Leave us alone now, ok?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Tell me the way to the Branch of East Sea and you can leave. You’re familiar with the nearby seas, don’t you dare lie to me.

4OmFSmG.jpg
You… you’re gonna confront Master Ao on your own?

VaoIZzu.jpg
You’re playing with fire! Don’t drag me down with you! I’ve got a whole family to support!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling, let them go!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Alright! Since you put it that way… why are you two still here? Do you still want to be lectured by me.

VaoIZzu.jpg
Shit.

4OmFSmG.jpg
Hurry up!

This opens up another quest branch.

e6Bj8GB.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Correct, I’m gonna save those poor Japanese girls and teach those bastards a lesson.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Master sent us to investigate the dispute between Feng Du and Cult of Tianlong. Since Ao Guang is a henchman of Feng Du, we may find some useful intel in the Branch of East Sea.

K6kLgfN.jpg
So you agree to accompany me, Gu?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Even if I say no, you would still go, right? So it’s more reassuring if I tag along. Moreover, what you said makes some sense.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You’re the best.

sSBLVww.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
What’s that look? Scared?

sSBLVww.jpg
That’s impossible! How could I let off those sick bastards? You just mentioned it ahead of me, there’s nothing to brag about.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hehehe.

sSBLVww.jpg
What’s the annoying smile on your face!

K6kLgfN.jpg
I never thought a grumpy one like you turns out to be a warm-hearted man. I’m gratified that my younger brother finally grew up…

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph! You’re just a few months older than me.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Well, well. Since you’re making progress, I’ll give you some candies later. And be aware, being angry just speeds up the aging process.

sSBLVww.jpg
Shut up!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, Ziling, the bickering should stop now.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Now that we’re aiming for the Branch of East Sea, we need the exact location. It’s not some place that anyone can waltz in and out.

sSBLVww.jpg
Gu, what do you have in mind?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Well… I have an idea. Gu, hear me out.

sSBLVww.jpg
Hey! Why are you only asking him for advice?

K6kLgfN.jpg
You’re just a rookie, but he knows a thing or two.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tch… spit it out then!

o5LJfPm.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph… you have a point.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Never thought my idiot brother to agree with me.

sSBLVww.jpg
Cut the crap! We’d better hurry if nothing else.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling, your idea is not bad. Then let’s head for Hangzhou port of Sea Shark Clan.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part XXXV: Angels

We return to Hangzhou to return the gem.

zSBj8Si.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
No, no, Tong gave us this before, we are just here to return it.

5HMOo3J.jpg
*sigh* Just a stupid stone, just keep it.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Ma’am! This stone is a raw gem ore! Gu is just here to give it back.

5HMOo3J.jpg
Gem?? He usually just throws this thing everywhere, I never thought...

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph! Do you want it or not?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, don’t talk like that.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsch!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Ma’am, this is real raw ore, you can take it to the antique shop if you are still unsure.

5HMOo3J.jpg
Thank… thank you. Tong has been playing with it for many years, is it really a gem?

With Fu Jianhan around there’s another quest to be triggered here.

Vxete8Y.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg

PsdRzlY.jpg
Don’t you walk away from this. I saw it with my own eyes.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Heh! I have never seen an angel before! Tell me about it!

PsdRzlY.jpg
I only remember the angel’s sword, it was so beautiful.

Yn8nvFt.jpg
Is that so? A sword master? Sounds like fun.

PsdRzlY.jpg
And the angel just jumped on the roof of the tavern and was gone just like that.

PsdRzlY.jpg
How could he do that, if he was not an angel.

Yn8nvFt.jpg
I believe this man must have seen something uncommon, I need to investigate. You can’t see a sword master every day after all.

sSBLVww.jpg
That’s right, I want to see his swordsmanship too.

Yn8nvFt.jpg
Hahaha, I feel the same thing. We shouldn’t let a chance like this pass.

The quest continues at night.

Hd5oN9E.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
He drank a lot of just now, maybe he’s just drunk. Let him rest for a while.

K6kLgfN.jpg
What’s that noise?

Yn8nvFt.jpg
I can feel that, a strong wave of a sword!

It’s just a dude on a roof.

9QTvcwk.jpg

QUJNyyd.jpg

NvNuT69.jpg

Both Shinji and Fu set off in pursuit.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Brother Fu…

sSBLVww.jpg
Bah! He was faster than me.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hey! Hey! Wait!

K6kLgfN.jpg
*sigh* Such an idiot. He is always like that after seeing some skilled men.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Haha, every martial artist likes profound martial knowledge. Ji and Mr Fu are no exception.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I’m also curious about this skillful man. We should follow.

DHGC8vy.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Sorry about that. We noticed you are good at martial arts and want to befriend you.

Jh68WPy.jpg
I don’t need friends. If you can’t find any opponent in the world, you will know the true taste of loneliness.

sSBLVww.jpg
No opponents means loneliness…

K6kLgfN.jpg
You are so arrogant.

Yn8nvFt.jpg
I like what you said. I’m Fu Jianhan and would like to inquire about your movement.

sSBLVww.jpg
And me.

Jh68WPy.jpg
Since you are interested in my skill, I will show you under this bright and clear moon.

The dude’s tough but can be beaten. Shinji just needs to use an internal style like Sun and Moon. It also helps if Fu dual strikes a couple of times.

x0du0aL.jpg

p7iWK7P.jpg

X6xv5LO.jpg

rowHdYi.jpg

SzTiEJz.jpg

Yn8nvFt.jpg
Haha. I feel so happy! I’ve done my best and got a draw at least.

sSBLVww.jpg
What’s the name of your last move? It was marvelous.

Jh68WPy.jpg
It’s called Flying Fairy from Beyond but it’s incomplete. I will complete it with you next time we have a chance.

Jh68WPy.jpg
See you.

Yn8nvFt.jpg
Ah! What a pity, I really want to drink with you.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Ha! Brother Fu is still the same as before.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Flying Fairy from Beyond…

sSBLVww.jpg
He is suck a skillful man. I must compete with him in the future.

Actually Fu already knows this skill. It’s similar to Lady’s Sword but far inferior.

bY4Q6gg.jpg

Next up it’s time to apprehend the crooked merchant.

oWlliD0.jpg

CnZoJnb.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Bastard, check this out…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Humph, let me go, Ji!

Ziling uses her poison tricks again.

mQjozB6.jpg

PaL2Wy9.jpg
Ouch! Ouch… so itchy, it hurts! I feel pain all over my body! What’s going on… I feel like I’m gonna burn! *sigh* Who are you guys?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Chen Dayou, you son of a bitch, haven’t you done enough nasty stuff? Like what you asked Xiao to do and trying to get others framed.

PaL2Wy9.jpg
No! Bullshit! I would never do nasty things like that! Why, what… what have you done to me! Give me the antidote!!

K6kLgfN.jpg
You want the antidote? Alright, then remit the debt immediately and turn in your illegal income. In addition, you should come with us to the feudal office and confess all your crimes.

PaL2Wy9.jpg
What are you talking about? No, the lord… the lord will sentence me to death… you don’t understand…

sSBLVww.jpg
This lady will torture you to death before your lord can do so. Or, I could slay you.

PaL2Wy9.jpg
Help… help! OK… OK… I will confess… I will confess everything… Please… please give me the antidote.

This puts an end to the investigation in Hangzhou.

e3JNaLr.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
The venom I just gave him makes him itchy and in pain for 7 days. I just gave him the antidote for half a day, when he feels the pain and itch again he will know what to do.

sSBLVww.jpg
Pff.

HKpwBf8.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, did it make you happy seeing me envenom someone?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Indeed, I don’t like to threaten other people by venom. But what Chen Dayou did was detestable. Or maybe there was a better way to force him to confess…

sSBLVww.jpg
Don’t be so verbose, aren’t we going to meet with Fang Yunhua? I would very like to see what he found out.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, we are not in competition with him…

nsTNxAa.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Here’s what you should do. You can leave here with the money Chen Dayou returns to you and start a new life. I am worried they will try revenge if you stay. God knows what they will do…

Fang Yunhua is at the city gates as agreed but Shi Gang is also around.

BQrb2EC.jpg

OdX32sw.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Did something happen in Hangzhou?

T0AOCgp.jpg
Fragrance of the Night was sighted in Hangzhou.

sSBLVww.jpg
What about it, it’s just a thief.

T0AOCgp.jpg
There has been a murder.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I thought Fragrance of the Night never kills…

Shi Yan chimes in if she’s around.

tYVP1ud.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
But still, he’ s a thief.

r3aiyqy.jpg
I met him once.

T0AOCgp.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
!!!

sSBLVww.jpg
!!!

HKpwBf8.jpg
!!!

r3aiyqy.jpg
I got captured when I was stealing and he saved my life. He told me I shouldn’t do such things.

r3aiyqy.jpg
He said he became a thief because of this family but there was still hope for me, I should do something right. Tell me, how could a man with such a good heart kill others? Besides, his Qinggong is so great he doesn’t need to kill.

T0AOCgp.jpg
Anything else?

r3aiyqy.jpg
I have said everything I know, believe it or not.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Seems it’s not such a simple thing with that Fragrance…

HKpwBf8.jpg
We should inquire the citizens of Hangzhou and see if there are any other clues about Fragrance of the Night.

We need to talk to three specific people to get the clues.

gyFoHHR.jpg

NyLVlY3.jpg

O91UoaE.jpg

Surprisingly Mr Jiang has now appeared in Hangzhou as well. He’s playing a poetry game.

2xkR7yk.jpg

rS76eJN.jpg

DLuJgks.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hey, nerd! (Shit, I shouldn’t call him that.)

ahuFg1i.jpg
Haha, it’s alright. So we meet again. Fate has brought us all together right here.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Haha.

ahuFg1i.jpg
Let me introduce everyone. Mr Tang, these men and women are the young heroes who saved my life before. Lady Wei is much smarter than me, she might be able to come up with the answer.

wOcdanA.jpg
Is that so? Then she must be a natural.

ahuFg1i.jpg
Guys, this here is the artist Tang Jie Yuan.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Are you the Lord of the Peach, Abbot Tang Bohu?

wOcdanA.jpg
Yes, that is me.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Nice to meet you, my master and seniors all consider you the world’s No 1 poet.

wOcdanA.jpg
Thank you.

sSBLVww.jpg
*whispers* Gu, which sect is he from?

HKpwBf8.jpg
… You should read Tang Yan’s poetry after getting back to the valley.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Can I try?

viln9LJ.jpg

Ang moh can only guess.

1oEGJmo.jpg

wOcdanA.jpg
Your talent is no worse than Ban Zhao and Xie Daoyun.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You flatter me, I dare not compare to these talented beauties.

wOcdanA.jpg
We met in such haste, I have nothing to give you as a gift. How about this, I give this folding fan to you.

wOcdanA.jpg
I’ m so lucky to run into you guys today.

The Bloom in seasons is a powerful fan but we don’ t have a fan user in the party yet.

SbK507V.jpg

ahuFg1i.jpg
It’s not like that. I just returned from Westlake where I was listening to Miss Chu singing and now I’m heading back to the inn. Yet I came across Tang and we talked along the way. Unconsciously we end up here. Please help me to keep this from Miss Chu.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I have a question to ask you.

ahuFg1i.jpg
Shoot.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Have you heard about Fragrance of the Night during your trip to Hangzhou?

ahuFg1i.jpg
Fragrance of the Night? Are you referring to the recent murder case? Fragrance of the Night like a gentleman of the night, how could he commit such a brutal crime?

K6kLgfN.jpg
You seem to think highly of Fragrance of the Night.

ahuFg1i.jpg
Sure thing. I have been travelling on Miss Chu’s Xiaoxiang Barge and heard a lot about Fragrance of the Night, I even saw him in person. One year ago in Nanjing, a lending landlord blackmailed tens of tenant farmers and took their lands by force. Because he collaborated with the local magistrate the tenant farmers had no place to turn to.

ahuFg1i.jpg
And then Fragrance of the Night heard about this and stole all the real estate leases of the landlord and returned them to the original owners. He even exposed the collusion between the merchant and the local magistrate. Maybe on one hand what he did was illegal but it was justice. As far as I am concerned, though Fragrance of the Night is considered a thief, he is indeed a Xia.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Fragrance of the Night shouldn’t be here now, according to what we have found, maybe we can find some clues in Chengdu.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Speaking of which, you seem to be quite familiar with Fragrance of the Night.

ahuFg1i.jpg
To be honest, I used to make a living by telling the talest of Fragrance of the Night.

HKpwBf8.jpg
You can be a teacher in a private school with your knowledge, even be an advisor of bureaucrats, why are you living on storytelling?

ahuFg1i.jpg
My ambition lies elsewhere. Traveling around with Miss Chu is the most joyful thing in the world. It’s getting late, I got to go to the teahouse and earn some money by storytelling.

Now we can finally meet Fang Yunhua.

EWQDLUD.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
An Daohuang’s behind it. He bought a girl’s freedom in Secret Pleasure. In order to build a house for her, he intended to occupy the land of Xie’s family without cost.

IFPWqkl.jpg
For this purpose, he ruined a family of three. I must kill him!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Keep calm. Those are common people, so not suitable for the rules of Jianghu. In my opinion, you might as well hand An Daohuang over to the local government.

IFPWqkl.jpg
Local government? But… Mr Gu, I have to remind you. We don’ t have any irrefutable evidence except for some hearsay…

K6kLgfN.jpg
It does not matter, we have the merchant who carried out An Daohuang’s plans. All we have to do is to bring An Daohuang to the local government.

IFPWqkl.jpg
In that case, we’ll do as Gu Yuexuan said. As far as I know, he will enter the city through the trail in the south outskirts at around 1-3 PM. We just need to wait along the road and seize him.

An Daohuang is ambushed some time later.

TYcrwj9.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Save your breath! An Daohuang, you old bastard, don’t hide in the sedan, get out!

7hdi4F2.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
You are An Daohuang? You look abnormal, no wonder you would commit crimes such as appropriation of land and murder.

8AfMT1o.jpg
Such a talkative little girl, how can you say I did that? You should be reasonable.

IFPWqkl.jpg
You want to be reasonable, talk to the officer! We will take you back for the murder of Xie’s family.

8AfMT1o.jpg
Hehehe, turns out you are defenders of Xie’s family. You don’t know who you are dealing with. Take them out!

Some Tangmen phaggots appear out of nowhere.

PNztbvY.jpg

DMfYgVy.jpg

If we’re gonna die it’s obv. not gonna be at the hand of some nameless mooks.

IKmpmXO.jpg

RhX0osr.jpg

After the battle An Daohuang runs away like a little bitch.

2INfRBX.jpg

p3R5Pib.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
We will see him again.

IFPWqkl.jpg
Gu, An Daohuang has escaped. I think he will not appear in Hangzhou for now.

IFPWqkl.jpg
I’m going back to Wudang first to report to Master. And then I will find time to track down An Daohuang.

IFPWqkl.jpg
I will let you know if I have any news on Ao Daohuang.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you, we will let you know too if we know where he is.

E6f9Sja.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part XXXVI: Return to Wudang

At East Ferry we got a clue about a connection between Sea Shark Clan and smuggling. It’s time to investigate back at Hangzhou harbor.

pv84FSs.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
I have noticed the merchant ship behind you and am wondering where you are going? Can you take us for a ride if our destination is the same. We will reward you decently for your help.

We need a password that we don’t know.

8uXTwBx.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
What??

K6kLgfN.jpg
Ah? Oh… right! Yes! We all make our living on the sea…

MSWTIB1.jpg
Go away, our ship doesn’t go to the East Sea.

There’s no way to learn the password by listening in either.

XaRah7N.jpg

3bNF1Ut.jpg

th8uHvW.jpg

At least we get some information.

7O2sav7.jpg

MSWTIB1.jpg
Perhaps right now Deputy Shi is quite enjoying himself in Honeyseeking Boudoir. I don’t think he’ll come today.

C4Es9JZ.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Yeah! Obviously I underestimated Sea Shark Clan. I thought that some mere blandishments would trick these rough men into letting us on board.

sSBLVww.jpg
Lassie, you really think everyone is so easy to swindle?

K6kLgfN.jpg
That guy from Sea Shark Clan, don’t you think he’s like a monkey?

sSBLVww.jpg
So what?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Because I’ve got a monkey around who’s easy to swindle. Then subconsciously I consider anyone who resembles a monkey to be… easy to swindle. My bad, one cannot judge others by appearance. *sigh*

sSBLVww.jpg
Where’s the monkey you’re talking about… crap, sarcasm again! Humph! Business first, I won’t bicker with you this time.

sSBLVww.jpg
What’s the plan now? Fight our way in?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Not an option, since there are guards here, let alone the Branch of East Sea. Besides, we’re unfamiliar with the sea and may lose the advantage.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I have an idea.

sSBLVww.jpg
What are you thinking?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Didn’t you hear? The two playboys went to Honeyseeking Boudoir, which is the only brothel here. I can pretend to be a harlot and elicit the secret code.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Nonsense!

sSBLVww.jpg
Not only do you want to go inside a brothel but also you want to disguise as a harlot!! It’s shameful! Not everybody can enter that place!

K6kLgfN.jpg
How dare you look down upon me? You males can go there, why can’t it I? They should be ashamed of themselves treating women as entertainment.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling, you misunderstand… it’s your safety Ji’s worrying about. It’s an inappropriate solution.

K6kLgfN.jpg
… So, you’re worrying about me? Thank you, Ji.

sSBLVww.jpg
No… nobody worries… Tch!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling, we should give the matter further thought.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, come on! Time is ticking, those poor Japanese girls will be sold soon. Besides, you guys will guarantee my safety, right?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Well…

sSBLVww.jpg
Whatever, since it’s her wish, then let her go to the brothel!

HKpwBf8.jpg
*sigh*

We’ll have Ziling whore herself out later. For now, we return to Wudang.

Fang Yunhua is apparently missing.

djuvcee.jpg

xEFO5Rb.jpg

YoHU0nd.jpg
Call me master when you’re practicing.

qcHOc87.jpg
Y-yes! Master, there is something on my mind. I can’t focus.

YoHU0nd.jpg
I know you worry about Yunhua.

PW6Ipas.jpg

qcHOc87.jpg
Yeah, he is so formidable. I must have faith in him…

sSBLVww.jpg
Fang Yunhua is missing?

YoHU0nd.jpg
Oh, you are from Xiaoyao valley.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I send my regards to Master Gu with Jing Ji and Wei Ziling. I’ve heard you mentioning Yunhua’s missing…

YoHU0nd.jpg
Yunhua sent a letter to us last month mentioning he was in Hangzhou. He told somebody occupied the land by force. In order to uphold justice, he then went to Chengdu to pursue the bully.

YoHU0nd.jpg
But after that he didn’t send any more letters. It’s our rule to report our whereabouts every seven days. Yunhua must be in danger.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I see… Mr Gu, we are going to Chengdu to investigate the Acquittal Period. If we find something, we will inform you as soon as possible.

YoHU0nd.jpg
Thank you so much.

qcHOc87.jpg
I… I want to go with you!

YoHU0nd.jpg
Shi, you will be a burden since your Taijiquan is still too weak. Only the strong can survive in Wudang Sect. Don’t bring shame on us.

qcHOc87.jpg
But I…

K6kLgfN.jpg
(This Taoist is so unreasonable!)

sSBLVww.jpg
We can test his strength through fighting! I want to know more about Taijiquan of Wudang. It must be boring fighting with nothing. How about fighting me instead?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, don’t be so rude.

YoHU0nd.jpg
(The martial art of Xiaoyao valley and Wudang both originate from Taoism. Maybe they can learn from each other.)

YoHU0nd.jpg
Shi, you can practice with him.

qcHOc87.jpg
Yes! After you, please.

Gu Shi has some kind of mental block in this fight. He can’t even make it a close fight this way.

SUuIGZ0.jpg

DxpGBmW.jpg

qcHOc87.jpg
I… I…

qcHOc87.jpg
I can’t let that happen. No, never!

YoHU0nd.jpg
…!?

sSBLVww.jpg
Are you willing to use your real strength now? I don’t know why you hide your strength, but… it is more interesting now. Again!

dgEIJZK.jpg

At least with his full strength he puts up some resistance.

o2KCou4.jpg

qcHOc87.jpg
You are awesome, I have to admit defeat. But I learnt a lot from it, thanks!

sSBLVww.jpg
Your Taijiquan is not bad.

YoHU0nd.jpg
Gu Shi, your Taijiquan is skillful, why did you hide it?

qcHOc87.jpg
I…

K6kLgfN.jpg
I want to tell you something, Gu Shi.

qcHOc87.jpg
Go ahead.

K6kLgfN.jpg
It seems you adore Fang Yunhua.

qcHOc87.jpg
I grew up with him… he has always been the best. I adore this outstanding brother, he is my example.

K6kLgfN.jpg
So it limits your development. In the depths of your heart, you are suppressing yourself to not let your performance exceed his.

K6kLgfN.jpg
In fact, you are not worse than Fang Yunhua. You needn’t fear that you will exceed him. If he really appreciates you, he should be happy for that. Right, Gu?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yeah.

YoHU0nd.jpg
Is this true?

qcHOc87.jpg
I… I don’t know. But I can’t be better than Fang. He is so outstanding…

YoHU0nd.jpg
… I see, you can go downhill now. Go find Fang Yunhua, you can do it.

qcHOc87.jpg
Dad!!

YoHU0nd.jpg
Call me Master.

eFDuSiW.jpg

We get a new skill out of this.

E5Qm7EY.jpg

Back downhill is an encounter with Beggars’ sect.

JVzPjhN.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Nice to meet you, Branch Master Li. What’s the matter?

LrKBPsF.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Where did you get this news? It’s not true at all.

sSBLVww.jpg
Who the hell are Dongchang anyways? We’ve never heard of them!

4ca6CY9.jpg
We know about Gu too. But it’s something important that matters to our country. I’m sorry. If you are innocent, can we search you?

sSBLVww.jpg
Don’t go too far! Do you really think we are thieves?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Do as you please.

z9m3nw1.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
!?

K6kLgfN.jpg
How is that possible? We are being set up by others!

HKpwBf8.jpg
(I don’t understand why this confidential letter is with us.)

4ca6CY9.jpg
Gu, what do you want to say about this confidential letter?

HKpwBf8.jpg
We are not colluding with Dongchang.

W1SDOBF.jpg

The beggars have an internal style that increase their damage and defence when they’re close together. So an entire pack of them can be dangerous.

2VBpZlg.jpg

JN9IYze.jpg

But they are no match to us.

9uVZNGO.jpg

LNkapXk.jpg

HHM50Y0.jpg

xJmXzlD.jpg

Though the outcome of the battle ultimately doesn’t matter.

LpVh0UM.jpg

JcBfqSr.jpg

B4lgUhb.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
This was an obvious distraction by your enemies. They put the confidential letter on Gu somehow, drew you here, then killed Officer Li.

sSBLVww.jpg
I said we were innocent!

4ca6CY9.jpg
It seems that we were wrong. I am so sorry, forgive me.

HKpwBf8.jpg
You and Beggars’ Sect serve country and people, it’s admirable. It was just a mistake, never mind.

4ca6CY9.jpg
You are so open-minded, I greatly admire and respect you… see you.

sSBLVww.jpg
What the hell? An apology is not enough. If an apology could solve problems, why do we need constables?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Well, Ji, stop speaking.

twmKqgJ.jpg

This Dongchang - Beggar feud is part of the Imperial route in Tale of Wuxia.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part XXXVII: Nerd Jiang

Back in Chengdu are new rumours about Fragrance of the Night.

zO6Lklq.jpg

8HoHAQu.jpg

VIHNW19.jpg

sdYEf6w.jpg

zNDmXcd.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsch!

HKpwBf8.jpg
We’ve been asking about information on Fragrance of the Night all the way. I think we should find a place and get some rest.

sSBLVww.jpg
I don’t want to go to Baofu Restaurant any more.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hihi!

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Then we’ll go to Furong Restaurant and pay Grandpa Nian a visit.

There are new also new rumours about the abandoned temple. Something worth checking out later.

8JJrtwl.jpg

T5tXoH1.jpg

48o3wMo.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Ghosts again? Bah, where does all this hearsay come from!

HKpwBf8.jpg
If it’s not a ghost, there must be something else behind it… the abandoned temple is not far from here, we should go inside and check it out.

sSBLVww.jpg
That’s just what I was thinking.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You… you can’t be serious… mm…

If you give some Hangzhou dishes to the gurl outside Furong Restaurant you’ll get a new martial skill, but it’s nothing special.

doO9xaF.jpg

qvMCWkS.jpg

Surprisingly Mr Jiang is inside the restaurant.

dslfoxL.jpg

DU376zL.jpg

U5xZqvG.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Eh?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Is that Jiang next to Chef Nian?

K6kLgfN.jpg
That is indeed Nerd Jiang.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Why would Jiang learn cooking here with Grandpa Nian?

ahuFg1i.jpg
The chef, several geisha girls and servants on the Xiaoxiang Barge got sick because of the climate, so I volunteered to help with chores and make some money along the way.

FSCR35U.jpg
Jiang is very good at cooking, he’s a quick learner. It has just been some days yet he’s become quite good.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Nian was calling Nerd Jiang the young master?

FSCR35U.jpg
Eh? Didn’t you know young master Jiang?

ahuFg1i.jpg
Don’t mention it, master.

K6kLgfN.jpg
(Could Nerd Jiang be some kind of rich kid?)

FSCR35U.jpg
Young master Jiang, haven’t you been back home yet? You are the only son of your parents and the Tartars are invading, you should go back home sooner than later to stay with them.

ahuFg1i.jpg
I am just worried they are still mad at me.

FSCR35U.jpg
To be honest, young master Jiang, it took your parents so much effort to raise you, yet you ran away with a courtesan girl after getting first place at the palace examinations. How could they not be disappointed?

ahuFg1i.jpg
Miss Chu is not who you think she is…

K6kLgfN.jpg
That’s right! Why didn’t we see Chu? Hehe! You two are always together.

ahuFg1i.jpg
Stop teasing me, Miss Chu should be wandering the market.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Then we should go and say hi to her and no longer bother you learning cooking!

Chu Hui is hard to miss at the market.

dMbk7W9.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Chu!

RPrXM75.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Jiang... Jiang wants to be a chef, aren’t you worrying about getting poisoned?

qSpLI5h.jpg
*smiles slightly* I just worry that he will cut himself.

K6kLgfN.jpg
There are already wounds all over his hands.

qSpLI5h.jpg
That fool…

K6kLgfN.jpg
(I really don’t know why Chu would like Nerd Jiang? Stupid Ji is way better than the Nerd, let alone Gu.)

qSpLI5h.jpg
*sigh* I heard that the Tartars have already taken Ning Xia and are marching on Sichuan. That’s why we took a detour to Chengdu, just to let Mr Jiang visit his parents. I didn’t expect everyone to fall ill because of the climate. Now we are stuck here.

qSpLI5h.jpg
I didn’t expect to come across you guys… I have a request.

HKpwBf8.jpg
We will help you to the best of our ability.

qSpLI5h.jpg
Thank you, Mr Gu. I want you to take the place of Mr Jiang for one day so that he can go back home to visit his parents.

HKpwBf8.jpg
It’s a piece of cake, sure thing.

qSpLI5h.jpg
Thank you so much. Here, take this as a token of my appreciation.

Chu’s gift is a silky shirt, not bad for our female party members.

o9RrvFv.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Aren’t you going with Mr Jiang?

qSpLI5h.jpg
We are not what you think we are.

K6kLgfN.jpg
(Chu is tricky. I thought she liked Nerd Jiang, yet it seems they are more like close friends.)

FUfqZEB.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Chu?

qSpLI5h.jpg
Sorry, I just remembered something from the past and got lost in thought. Do you know that Mr Jiang got first place at the palace examinations?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yeah, we heard it from Grandpa Nian.

qSpLI5h.jpg
*winks slyly* And I got second place.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Eh? Chu, did you pretend to be a man and participate in the exam?

HKpwBf8.jpg
(There’s a very strick background check at the palace examinations, yet Chu participated without being exposed. It’s not only bold, but also powerful.)

qSpLI5h.jpg
I was not convinced I was worse than Mr Jiang so I found him when he was about to go home and made an appointment with him to argue about the history and scripture in Yi Ya Loft.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Mr Jiang is a total nerd so you must have won it, am I right?

qSpLI5h.jpg
Mr Jiang’s knowledge impressed me a lot. We argued in Yi Ya Loft from noon to the evening and finally all night long. Since then we regard each other as bosom friends.

K6kLgfN.jpg
If Mr Jiang is as outstanding as you said, how can he still be a nobody?

qSpLI5h.jpg
I don't know whether to say he’s unrestrained and upright or that he’s stubborn as a scholar. When he got first place, several administrators wanted to take him as an advisor.

qSpLI5h.jpg
Yet he declined firmly and said: “You just strive for fame and wealth and don’t care about governing to benefit the people. You are lapdogs of the eunuchs controlling the Imperial Court, I would be ashamed to work with any of you.”

sSBLVww.jpg
Great!

HKpwBf8.jpg
That’s impressive.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Yet these words would surely have offended the eunuchs and officials in the Imperial Court.

qSpLI5h.jpg
Mr Jiang would already be dead without the protection of Officer Li of the Department of State Affairs.

K6kLgfN.jpg
So that’s why he didn’t become a politician.

qSpLI5h.jpg
Mr Jiang looked disheartened and displeased so I invited him to travel on the barge. When he saw it was just girls on the barge, he refused to get aboard and tried to drag me off the barge.

K6kLgfN.jpg
So unnatural and unrestrained, a typical nerd.

qSpLI5h.jpg
I was so speechless… so I restored my female appearance and told him the truth.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Mr Jiang is a fool, he must be obsessed with your real appearance.

qSpLI5h.jpg
*smiles sweetly* Mr Jiang didn’t believe I am a woman and said: “I didn’t expect you are into this, it’s a shame as I considered you as a close friend.” I was to angry that I… I slapped him in the face.

K6kLgfN.jpg
(That Nerd Jiang is hopeless.)

jxhWeHk.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
When we met you and Mr Jiang travelling in Luoyang, we thought you were a couple.

qSpLI5h.jpg
*blushing* Don’t tease me with this. Anyway, please help Mr Jiang this time. Excuse me, but I should head back to the barge to look after my ill sisters.

Ziling is supposed to good at cooking, so it’s a trifle to help out Jiang.

AkPCGKs.jpg

ahuFg1i.jpg
But…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Heh! Such a nerd! You should live up to Miss Chu’s kindness and visit your parents immediately.

FSCR35U.jpg
Yeah! Young master, your parents miss you so much.

ahuFg1i.jpg
All right, I will set out at once. Thank you all.

8y7NRZZ.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
I can roast fish.

HKpwBf8.jpg
We can try our best to help.

K6kLgfN.jpg
… That’s quite disturbing. I think you should go and have a rest. Don’t hinder me.

FSCR35U.jpg
Little girl, can you cook oil – eh, I mean stew meat?

K6kLgfN.jpg
You mean twice-cooked pork?

FSCR35U.jpg
Right.

Gnal2yh.jpg

J7o3Bor.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
You talk too much, I can’t remember all!

FSCR35U.jpg
Fine, I will show you. Stand aside and watch.

K6kLgfN.jpg
OK, please advise me.

Ziling’s dish at least has some use.

anVjCon.jpg

After helping out Nerd Jiang we can check out the abandoned temple.

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part XXXVIII: sup Drog

The abandoned temple is… abandoned.

RBqCVfm.jpg

yc7CUOU.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Since we are here, let’s check if the rumours are true so this won’t count as a wasted trip.

VplAcdh.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Wow! Ghost… a real ghost here!

cATg55L.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Really?

HKpwBf8.jpg
If Xiangyun says there are no ghosts, there must be no ghosts. I wonder where on earth this creepy cry comes from.

sSBLVww.jpg
I never believe the story of so-called ghosts or gods. Who’s faking cries here? Show yourself if you’ve got the guts.

HKpwBf8.jpg
This sound must have it source, we just can’t find it. If one of us has acute hearing he may locate its source.

Basically we need Shi Yan here to progress.

Rr0LJhU.jpg

WjG4Dbu.jpg

XQc4nEj.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Why were you imprisoned here, Mr Fang?

IFPWqkl.jpg
Er… it’s a long story… it was because I heard some news about An Daohuang… that I came here…

IFPWqkl.jpg
I thought… since I knew what happened, I shall take responsibility and catch him.

IFPWqkl.jpg
I didn’t realize… that I fell into his trap… due to my carelessness.

sSBLVww.jpg
Villains? Who?

IFPWqkl.jpg
*sigh* Just forget about it.

HKpwBf8.jpg
You seem to have an injury, Fang?

IFPWqkl.jpg
I’m all right… it’s just that I fell prey to the thief’s machinations because of my carelessness.

IFPWqkl.jpg
The thief locked me in here and for the sake of… of the essence of Wudang Sect’s martial arts he’s been torturing me for days… if not for you I would never have gotten out of here…

IFPWqkl.jpg
It’s nothing… really. I would die without fear as long as I can wash away the shame!

sSBLVww.jpg
Don’t curse yourself! Be a man, don’t take it to heart! A real disciple from influential and decent sects would never be such a narrow-minded man!

HKpwBf8.jpg
I apologize for Jing’s offensive remarks, Mr Fang.

IFPWqkl.jpg
It’s all right. Mr Jing must just be speaking thoughtlessly just now…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Someone’s on the beam…

BZitvbI.jpg

gMM2498.jpg

6mpOqEe.jpg

16Htouw.jpg

IFPWqkl.jpg
Shut up, freak! Gu, it is her who wanted to get our sect’s martial arts essentials!

sSBLVww.jpg
Then there is no need to be polite to her!

O7IMBOw.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg

IFPWqkl.jpg
What nonsense are you talking!!

K6kLgfN.jpg
What she said makes me feel really uncomfortable.

bSLuOrB.jpg
What are you fucking saying, I hate you little girl the most, I will scratch your face.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You can try!

IFPWqkl.jpg
Hold it! I let my guard down before so I was tricked by her. You fall back, let me kill her by myself!!

Basically what happened is that Fang Yunhua sought out and seduced the Sloot because he wanted power and she took his balls (and prolly his dink too, at least court eunuch had everything cut off).

Indeed, the most powerful arts require one to be an eunuch.

IxLfpzY.jpg

Fang Yunhua is massively buffed in this fight so can’t lose.

Zr90Ke6.jpg

uzkGKXq.jpg

d8BOTQd.jpg

bSLuOrB.jpg
So? Now you just benefited from me by pretending to be a gentleman.

IFPWqkl.jpg
You repeatedly insult Wudang with such a wicked heart, I will not let you go without punishment.

bSLuOrB.jpg
I am not a casual person, Fang Yunhua, I will tear you up!

wtp0EWG.jpg

H4alH1q.jpg

R1cs3Od.jpg

xWm1Bss.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
What did she just say now, Gu? I couldn’t make out everything…

HKpwBf8.jpg
She’s not a woman of virtue so we can just ignore her words. I guess your imprisonment has something to do with her. Am I right, Mr Fang?

IFPWqkl.jpg
She faked being delicate to lure my help. I was careless and kept in captivity after being drugged. I blame nothing but my inferior martial arts that made me suffer this humiliation. Sorry to make myself look like an idiot…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Of course not. It’s good to see that you are safe and sound, Mr Fang.

sSBLVww.jpg
You were just locked up for a few days, why do you take this so seriously?

IFPWqkl.jpg
Take it seriously…? You say it like it’s nothing… hehe.

IFPWqkl.jpg
From now on… I must improve my martial arts with great effort. Only this way… will no one dare to insult me and look down upon me! I will trample those who have injured me!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Mr Fang… (Mr Fang has been confident all this time. I guess this time he’s really irritated as he’s not talking and thinking the way he used to .)

IFPWqkl.jpg
Oh, I’m sorry I made such a scene. Forgive me, Mr Gu… thanks a lot for getting me out of there. Please let me know whenever you need me.

HKpwBf8.jpg
You are very welcome, Mr Fang. Since we are all from decent, connected sects, that’s what we should do.

IFPWqkl.jpg
The master must be worried sick without no news from me since I left. I have to get back to Wudang mountains. See you then.

Fang Yunhua limps out of the temple.

b5ds1Tm.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Fang Yunhua looks to be two-faced, I really don’t like him.

HKpwBf8.jpg
… Let’s get out of here.

The Sloot battle also gave us following martial art scroll.

jfyjngy.jpg
[/spoiler[

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part XXXIX: Beastmaster’s Manor

Up to now there’ve been several rumours in Chengdu about the master of Beastmaster’s Manor being connected to zombies. It’s time to visit the place.

t5kE9zg.jpg

x2yaon6.jpg

But first we take the opportunity to play around with crocodiles.

wcF0dSf.jpg

Ok2pVMb.jpg

ipMsrXl.jpg
Look, these crocodiles are adorable.

sSBLVww.jpg
They are just eating fish, it’s boring…

HKpwBf8.jpg
It’s rare to see such docile crocodiles. Let’s enjoy their posture quietly.

ipMsrXl.jpg
Ha, good point! We should enjoy these beautiful animals.

There’s an event that happens only when there’s salted fish in the inventory.

X4IVkMj.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
What’s going on?!

ipMsrXl.jpg
This is Xiaobao! Xiaobao is very docile, how could he attack you?!

ipMsrXl.jpg
… Ah, did you bring salt fish?

HKpwBf8.jpg
What’s wrong with that?

ipMsrXl.jpg
Xiaobao loves salt fish the best, he gets excited when smelling salt fish.

lAj7Jxf.jpg

Seems like he prefers piglets tho…

ipMsrXl.jpg
Oh, no. Dabao and Erbao are all getting excited… please calm down you guys!

We are forced to calm down the crocodiles by killing them.

BIV72Ct.jpg

Swords shouldn’t be much use against a crocodile, you need to hit them in the eyes.

ToDDHEh.jpg

PF3r7EV.jpg

dYIl1lQ.jpg

eHWni1Z.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yeah, we’re fine.

ipMsrXl.jpg
Sorry, I forgot to warn you.

HKpwBf8.jpg
It’s no big deal. We didn’t get hurt, so don’t blame yourself.

ipMsrXl.jpg
I should take the responsibility. I must give you something as compensation.

ipMsrXl.jpg
Please take this. Nobody in Beastmaster’s Manor can craft such tenacious armor.

This is a good reward.

g1rxX9z.jpg

There’s no interaction possible with the other beasts.

nqO5hLi.jpg

The place is rife with gossiping.

v2fT1w5.jpg

MePD0Gb.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Zom… zombie!

sSBLVww.jpg
Zombies do not exist, it’s just superstition.

K6kLgfN.jpg
It’s better to be prepared than not at all. Humph, if these zombies are really out there, I won’t help you, MONKEY!

sSBLVww.jpg
I’m not afraid of them!

HKpwBf8.jpg
I think things are not so simple… Ji, do you remember that strange person we met before?

sSBLVww.jpg
That puppet guy?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes, I’m afraid these two things must be related… we should visit the young master and look for some clues.

zRGjS1W.jpg

QWtRem9.jpg

5RDpsjg.jpg
Our young master is ill, she doesn’t want to see anyone.

Ziling can always open doors where others can’t.

ZviybgO.jpg

5RDpsjg.jpg
I’ve heard about you a lot. But I never heard that young master has a Wei friend…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Ji Wen is liberal in her friendships, do you know all her friends?

5RDpsjg.jpg
You’re right… then please come in.

HKpwBf8.jpg

bK3Jx5z.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
We wouldn’t be able to come in without me saying that. And without coming in we wouldn’t be able to find connections between these strange events and that villain controlling corpses.

HKpwBf8.jpg
It’s all about investigating the truth, so it’s no harm to lie a little. We could come in thanks to Ziling.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsch!

Ji Wen is ill but we do have a doctor in the party.

gnus6dT.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Lady Ji hasn’t awakened yet, it seems it’s not a simple injury.

sSBLVww.jpg
We don’t know what she encountered. Better wake her first.

dz9mxiY.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
So what’s wrong with her?

e10Flfl.jpg
I’ve read about this before… she is suffering from Hiderigami Venom, only “Sea-hid Flower” can cure it.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Never heard about it… Xiangyun, do you know where we can find it?

e10Flfl.jpg
It’s said this flower is from an island in the east, but I have never seen it.

sSBLVww.jpg
OK, now we know where it is, let’s go get it!

agiEcIv.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
She is in a coma because of poison, not by an injury.

5RDpsjg.jpg
Poison? How…

K6kLgfN.jpg
We know how to neutralize the poison. We will find the antidote and come back later.

5RDpsjg.jpg
OK. Thank you, Miss Wei.

Curing Ji Wen may seem urgent... but we’ll do something else first anyway.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part XL: Fragrance of the Night

Back in Luoyang are rumours about a Fragrance of the Night killing spree.

vYcgYvu.jpg

njAZrMH.jpg

CKkMftw.jpg

This can’t continue, it’s time to deal with this matter once and for all.

6y2Kmob.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
I have a bad feeling about this. The method of Fragrance of the Night… seems to change a lot recently.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Whatever, we can’t let him hurt people anymore.

sSBLVww.jpg
Yeah, I will play with this Fragrance of the Night tonight.

K6kLgfN.jpg
It seems like you will go for Fragrance of the Night right now but it will be several hours before midnight! We should go to the inn and find something to eat first, then we can acquire the strength to deal with Fragrance of the Night.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes, you are right, we should build up energy. But Fragrance of the Night has never failed before, we should pay attention if he appears at night.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsk! Got it!

Both Chu Hui and Mr Jiang are at the inn.

3uprTRk.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Likewise. Have you paid a visit to your parents, Mr Jiang? How are they?

ahuFg1i.jpg
They are pretty fine. And all thanks to you. Please take this little gift.

We receive a western pocket watch, a useful item.

HLtmJ6Q.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Chu’s singing is beautiful, and this song is so moving.

ahuFg1i.jpg
This song was written by me, thank you.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I never thought a man could write such touching words. All these phrases are full of classical allusions.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Plain words yet with an elegant artistic conception, you are so excellent!

ahuFg1i.jpg
I’m flattered, Miss Wei.

The group passes the time in the inn until midnight.

5e9V3YI.jpg

zQIltiE.jpg

JoWZ6RL.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
See you, Miss Chu and Mr Jiang.

ODUpi4s.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
How long should we wait? Why shouldn’t we ambush him outside directly?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Luoyang’s patrols have been strict recently. We should wait here lest we cause trouble.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Yeah! It would be troublesome if we were caught as thieves.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsch!

K6kLgfN.jpg
However… the behavior of Fragrance of the Night is different from before. Brother Gu, does he just want to lure the enemy away from his base?

sSBLVww.jpg
You mean we can’t meet him again?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Well…

Just then noises come from outside. Officials are chasing Fragrance of the Night.

tO9qqT1.jpg

Z9GxGuJ.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Let’s go and see what’s happening.

The group catches Fragrance of the Night in the thick of it.

UyFbVqE.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Be careful, Ji, I will help you.

Fan/hidden weapon users are always annoying.

Fxz4RSK.jpg

With three on one, Fragrance of the Night isn’t much of a threat.

z3KdU6V.jpg

Hnc68aP.jpg

fRVUYan.jpg

Fragrance gets away anyway by throwing a smoke bomb and jumping on the roof.

TeZ8Ymw.jpg

dCtJWfP.jpg

TCfez29.jpg

kN7wsBp.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
*cough* Damn it! This guy is really despicable.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, are you OK? The smoke…?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Brother Gu, it’s just ordinary smoke to disturb our eyesight, it’s harmless to the body.

sSBLVww.jpg
Ah! So he got away again.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Is he really the murderer? He was pursued by officials and blocked by us. But he just eluded instead of killing us.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Brother Gu is right. According to what he can do, Fragrance of the Night has no reason to kill common people for treasure. But we’ve made great progress today.

sSBLVww.jpg
Why? We didn’t stop him.

K6kLgfN.jpg
That’s true, but he can’t get far away this time.

sSBLVww.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Heh! You are careless, look at your blade.

sSBLVww.jpg
… There is blood on it.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You hurt him so we can follow the blood and find where he lives. But he won’t leave many obvious trails.

HKpwBf8.jpg
According to the blood on the ground, he was seriously injured. The person who has a cut on his body may be Fragrance of the Night.

We got a hidden weapon skill book from the fight with Fragrance of the Night.

sxW1fpA.jpg

Next morning we need to follow the trial of blood.

GG8VE8k.jpg

The blood leads all the way to the market.

ovOaDMW.jpg

8w8OqHE.jpg

vy8SBfv.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Is that…

97cT2sF.jpg

Nerd Jiang can’t be Fragrance of the Night, right?

K1vBQ7q.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Mr Jiang, we tracked Fragrance of the Night all the way until here. Have you seen anyone suspicious?

ahuFg1i.jpg
No. I will leave now if there was nothing else.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Is something bothering you, Mr Jiang?

ahuFg1i.jpg
I’m worrying about Miss Chu. I heard that she got a cold by accident. She is recovering now, see you.

XOXIihN.jpg

Shi Gang, Fragrance’s nemesis, is at the yamen.

5hWwF9O.jpg

T0AOCgp.jpg
Here, look at these letters.

T0AOCgp.jpg
The right one was found in Qian’s mansion, the left one was on the murder scene.

K6kLgfN.jpg
The handwriting is... different? The right one looks more elegant.

T0AOCgp.jpg
There are two Fragrances of the Night…

sSBLVww.jpg
!!!!

HKpwBf8.jpg
!!!!

HKpwBf8.jpg
… That person we fought should be the one who doesn’t kill.

T0AOCgp.jpg
Please continue to investigate this when you have time.

It’s time to wrap this up.

hEoGIrr.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
That is to say…

sSBLVww.jpg
But that guy doesn’t seem to know any kung fu at all.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I will find a way to test him. Did you remember where you wounded Fragrance of the Night’s body?

sSBLVww.jpg
I didn’t mean to kill him, so I attacked his arms and legs.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Fragrance of the Night was swift when he ran away so the wound isn’t on his legs. Even if we suspect his arm is injured, we can’t force him to take off his clothes.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I have an idea. We should find him and try it.

The group goes to find Nerd Jiang again at the market.

8ZlDN8j.jpg

ahuFg1i.jpg
She is fine now, I’m going to buy some fish and make a bowl of soup for her.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Can I go with you?

ahuFg1i.jpg
Of course you can, she is at the inn now. I think she will be happy to see you.

K6kLgfN.jpg
OK then, let’s… ouch!!

4uFfLpv.jpg

ahuFg1i.jpg
Aha!?

K6kLgfN.jpg
I’m really sorry, Jiang!

ahuFg1i.jpg
It’s ok.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Your clothes are all wet. Hurry, take them off to dry or maybe you will catch a cold.

ahuFg1i.jpg
I think you are right.

YCwrHgD.jpg

ahuFg1i.jpg
I should go home and change my clothes. See you around.

u6sV4DT.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
It’s not strange that two people look similar to each other. The world is a big place.

K6kLgfN.jpg
But such a coincidence is suspicious. Wait, somebody else is also similar to Jiang Wang in literary talent and figure.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Who?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Miss Chu.

sSBLVww.jpg
But she is a woman.

K6kLgfN.jpg
That is the blind spot. Everybody thinks Fragrance of the Night is a man but he could be a woman too! She has a figure similar to Jiang Wang.

K6kLgfN.jpg
She took part in the Imperial Examination as a man in the past and got second place. First place was Mr Jiang. They are also quite equal in literary talent.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I remember something after hearing what Ziling said. When we met Miss Chu at the tavern in Luoyang the first time, some people insulted her. They were hit by a hidden weapon. I thought it was an illusion.

sSBLVww.jpg
We should ask her directly.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Take it easy. I will ask when we see her.

Chu can be asked directly at the tavern.

dstdUMY.jpg

qSpLI5h.jpg
Just a little sick, no need to be that way.

K6kLgfN.jpg
…Chu, we actually have a question for you. I hope you can tell us the truth. Are you the real Fragrance of the Night?

qSpLI5h.jpg
Alas… I knew I wouldn’t be able to trick you. Yes, but trust me, I never kill anyone.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Of course we trust you. And thank you for your mercy when we fought recently.

sSBLVww.jpg
Huh.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Sorry for disturbing you, but I really wonder… why are you…

qSpLI5h.jpg
Why am I a thief?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes.

qSpLI5h.jpg
At the very beginning, I just wanted to find my father so I dressed up like a man and travelled Jianghu. As for taking the Imperial Examination, I think you can understand it’s must easier to find someone when being famous, right?

qSpLI5h.jpg
But during all these years I have seen so many people experiencing hardships so I decided to help them as the Fragrance of the Night.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I understand! I have seen a lot of bad things, too. Right, Chu, have you found any clues about the fake Fragrance of the Night?

qSpLI5h.jpg
I have investigated many things recently and got some clues, but I still can’t find that person.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Chu, can you tell us what you have found?

qSpLI5h.jpg
It’s this, I have found these pollen in the pawnshop which has been broken into a few days ago.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Yeah, Fragrance of the Night shoud have fragrance, right? The fake one would of course use something different.

qSpLI5h.jpg
I have a strand of fragrance when I was born, so I use this incense to cover my true identity when I became a thief.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I see… but the pollen is pungent, I prefer the incense you use.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Maybe we could ask the pawnshop’s owner.

K6kLgfN.jpg
OK, let’s go, Chu.

Chu Hui temporarily joins us. She will join permanently later.

t8rWvmG.jpg

She is a fan/hidden weapon user so very good at applying debuffs. But she has a useful healing/buffing skill too.

Flicking Finger and Thunder Storm are her star skills; the first is single target and the second a nice AoE. Flicking Finger has a very high base damage at level 10 and what’s more, majority of enemies in the game have very low resistance against hidden weapon/fan compared to palm/sword/blade.

eEUdDNf.jpg

S83JmSX.jpg

What makes Chu Hui one of the best party members is her talent to move after making an action… feels like cheating in a turn-based game. It’s crazy combining this with Thunder Storm and even better, Flower Rain which she can learn as well.

l1hQ3zy.jpg

Carefree Laugh is the best internal style for her as it makes her even better at roaming the battlefield.

oLBdtnr.jpg

Anyway, at the local pawnshop we get a clue about who bought the pollen.

ILnpKD0.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
They are so crafty. As a merchant, they can sell all stolen goods fair and square.

qSpLI5h.jpg
Even were they suspected, they could still say they bought those goods by accident.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I have an idea but I need your cooperation.

qSpLI5h.jpg
My cooperation? You mean like letting me send some false information? Perhaps some kind of treasure?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hah! You are so smart, Chu!

qSpLI5h.jpg
If I buy the local antique shop and tell everyone I got something precious, maybe they will come for me.

K6kLgfN.jpg
And when they come…

qSpLI5h.jpg
Then we will catch them.

Chu’s plan works like a charm.

XjjZ3WD.jpg

54aXeLR.jpg

pnsBCmg.jpg

7WXAShQ.jpg
You frightened me. Just three teenagers and a singer. You can’t stop Fragrance of the Night.

sSBLVww.jpg
Forget it. You are just a shameless pretender.

7WXAShQ.jpg
!!!!

qSpLI5h.jpg
I didn’t expect my imposter to be such a contemptible sneak.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Don’t be careless, he is certainly capable of something. Let’s catch him together.

f5Z6EiV.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Great, we already knew you could escape from arrest by yourself. There must be others who helped your escape.

7WXAShQ.jpg
So what? Do you think somebody will save you?

7WXAShQ.jpg
Guys, today we can do whatever we want. Take the money and women as much as you want!

qSpLI5h.jpg
I’m afraid you will not get what you want.

Chu can put her Thunder Storm in action here.

KUGRmVO.jpg

KlEBZqZ.jpg

rGiUNZd.jpg

7WXAShQ.jpg
Who are you?

qSpLI5h.jpg
Eh, I’m just a negligible singer, no one special.

QTJlO8w.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Hey! When we fought recently, how much strength did you use?

qSpLI5h.jpg
*smiles without saying anything*

qSpLI5h.jpg
You are so kind to help me and I’m unable to return the favor. I composed a tune when I roamed Jianghu with Mr Jiang. I will send it to you as a souvenir.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Song of Wind, Flower, Snow and Moon?

Sounds like another skill for Xiao Fu. A really good skill, judging from attribute requirement.

cyt2y5C.jpg

qSpLI5h.jpg
It’s not some lethargic tune, it comes from Poems with Philosophical Connotations of Shao Yong, Song Dynasty.

HKpwBf8.jpg
This sage was broad-minded, I really admire him.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Shao Kangjie is not only a Yi Jing scholar but also good at mathematics and divination. He could be a capable man who is adapt both at the pen and the sword just like Wuxia Zi.

sSBLVww.jpg
Bah, that old man is nothing like a capable man.

qSpLI5h.jpg
Would you please escort these bandits to Yamen? I’m in Baima temple if you need my help.

After wrapping up matters with Shi Gang, we add Chu Hui to the party permanently. She replaces Fu Jianhan.

eQfzUuZ.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Sorry, but we didn’t encounter that guy. So what are you going to do now, Shi?

T0AOCgp.jpg
Well… I have no time for that guy.

3nPvExO.jpg

ahuFg1i.jpg
Hah, seems Hui has told you how we met, right?

K6kLgfN.jpg
*low voice* I’m not praising you.

ahuFg1i.jpg
I really miss those days with Chu, when me and here were talking all night… you know what? When I knew she was a woman, I was really shocked!

K6kLgfN.jpg
(Hee hee, if I tell him Chu is the real Fragrance of the Night, how would he react?)

K6kLgfN.jpg
Jiang, do you know Chu and Fragrance of the Night are…

ahuFg1i.jpg
Fragrance of the Night, Beauty of Jianghu.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Eh?

ahuFg1i.jpg
You know, we are truly friends…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Seems you already know.

sSBLVww.jpg
You almost revealed her true identity…

K6kLgfN.jpg
(Their relationship… so admirable.)

2C3JDyO.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part XLI: Bagua clan – Jingyan Ridge

Bagua clan and Jingyan Ridge are places we haven’t visited yet.

But just outside there’s another random encounter.

kS7WpLq.jpg

EZwHYgz.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
You are shamelessly taking advantage of a woman.

IvMAJD8.jpg
Little girl, it’s none of your business, I advise you to just go away.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Why? This lady is fascinating and charming. I can’t help taking pity on her. Any problem?

IvMAJD8.jpg
Do you know who she is?

HKpwBf8.jpg
She must be Xiang’er who is famous in Suhang.

K6kLgfN.jpg
…Brother Gu, I thought you were a gentleman.

sSBLVww.jpg
Come on, the Painter takes the portrait of Xiang’er no matter where he goes. Senior brother and I have seen it so many times, no wonder we know her.

IvMAJD8.jpg
She is Xiang’er, that’s true. But she is also Gandharva from Cult of Tianlong!

zxmXtuS.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Are you really from Cult of Tianlong?

zxmXtuS.jpg
I am.

We choose to help her anyways. She’s a musical character similar to Celestial Melody but actually has some impressive damage skills.

41vq3bf.jpg

The Feng Du have Raksha on their side to spice things up.

zwSabpN.jpg

cDUXUNP.jpg

Raksha is tough, but at least he can’t trigger invulnerability.

TYNPfnN.jpg

JVzOFze.jpg

C4zeCsM.jpg

Unfortunately there’s no special reward for this encounter.

sSBLVww.jpg
He surrendered decisively, so manly.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Eh, where is Gandharva? When did she disappear?

Next up we pay a visit to Bagua clan.

sgxzIfs.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
And you are…?

e9Tdn2B.jpg
I am Huang, I was at the Young Heroes Contest with my brother. Your victory impressed everyone.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Thank you. Shang’s Bagua palm was good too.

sSBLVww.jpg
Stop bragging.

K6kLgfN.jpg
What, you jealous?

sSBLVww.jpg
I will be the champion of the next Young Heroes Contest.

e9Tdn2B.jpg
This is?

HKpwBf8.jpg
My brother Jing Ji and Wei Ziling of castle Wei. We are here to see Master Shang.

e9Tdn2B.jpg
You picked the wrong time. Master has gone out and hasn’t returned yet.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Alright then, we will return when he is back.

Just as the group is about to leave they witness an argument.

7k62Aqn.jpg

WzSfav1.jpg

wPELHRo.jpg
Tsk.

SeFAYRw.jpg
Come on, we are all family here. For the good of Bagua clan, right?

wPELHRo.jpg
Whatever.

xH11PC8.jpg

e9Tdn2B.jpg
*cough* *cough* That was awkward.

sSBLVww.jpg
I never knew there was a disagreement between the two sons of Master Shang.

HKpwBf8.jpg
We shouldn’t pry into other sects’ business.

e9Tdn2B.jpg
This is common in Bagua clan, it’s nothing actually.

K6kLgfN.jpg
So you are saying…?

e9Tdn2B.jpg
There’s an age difference between the two young masters. While the older one is more an inward kind of person, the younger one is more sophisticated. Many have put their bet on the younger one.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I think the better one should be the master, regardless of who’s older.

sSBLVww.jpg

e9Tdn2B.jpg
Actually Master has never made any statement on who’s to be the successor…

e9Tdn2B.jpg
It looks like a fight for the throne is inevitable… and the older one has been missing all our meetings.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Does anybody know what he was doing?

e9Tdn2B.jpg
No one knows, the master has only mentioned a few times he was in Chengdu.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Chengdu does have their Three Sects and Four Houses. But… compared to Shaolin and Wudang they are still not the biggest force. Why is young master Shang making an alliance with Chengdu but not the big sects of Wulin? That is quite strange.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling, maybe you are overthinking it. Making alliances with other sects is normal, I have to go and visit other sects from time to time too.

K6kLgfN.jpg
But… look at his face. Such a grim face… Gu, if… what if Wuxia Zi gives the throne to Ji. Would you be mad?

HKpwBf8.jpg
What is there to be mad about? He is my brother. If master thinks Ji is better than me, I will only be happy for him.

sSBLVww.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
That is my Gu! I envy you brothers sometimes… Sadly, not everyone is as generous as you are.

e9Tdn2B.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Sorry, Brother Huang, we should leave now.

There’s nothing to do in Bagua clan for now, it seems we need to head to Chengdu to continue here.

ZWzTulJ.jpg

x9RbzoP.jpg

Not far from Bagua clan is Jingyan Ridge. We needed to deliver a letter here from that Wudang disciple.

Vh7pdeY.jpg

dGyfrlF.jpg

u5eNni5.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
I’m Gu Yuexuan from Xiaoyao Valley. Li Zhaoqin sent me here. *Gu Yuexuan tells everything to him.*

AJN85KO.jpg
… So it is. He was willing to receive the punishment and there our business concluded. I will deliver this letter to master. But I don’t know whether master will receive it.

AJN85KO.jpg
Since I don’t know whether the content will enrage master again I need to examine it for him first…

There’s a small surprise again.

eioEK4A.jpg

RJ6JgHg.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Don’t open that letter!!

AJN85KO.jpg
What are you saying… *cough* Hum! There is poison on this letter! Who… who are you? What are you coming here for…

AJN85KO.jpg
Ah… you would dare to poison the master, you bastards! Kill them all!

The Pigua clan are weak individually. They will guard each other though and have 30% reflect damage.

PRPQipg.jpg

4DjXzeZ.jpg

Because of their reflect damage AoE attacks like Chu Hui’s Thunder storm are not a good idea.

bMamvnO.jpg

Anyway, the battle is easy and our poison gurl saves the poisoned one.

3etbAq4.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
We were used by Li, that bastard! Let’s go to Wudang sect and question him!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Alas! He is not that stupid. After this, he won’t be at Wudang sect anymore.

sSBLVww.jpg
So we just let that bastard go?

K6kLgfN.jpg
The wages of sin is death. I believe we will meet him again.

We actually get a reward here, a Pigua clan skill. But it stinks.

dicbyd0.jpg

In the hills around Jingyan Ridge are tigers that howl instead of roar…

9Kr0lVH.jpg

F8Y7pxv.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
You are afraid of tigers? Hum… it is just a big cat in my eye. Let’s fight it!

Shi Yan can steal Wisdom fruit from the tigers.

n4sjd0L.jpg

jumgoCP.jpg

If you’re really lucky, the tigers can drop one a scroll of a top internal style.

It's the internal style that Nine Yin and her underlings use.

B72bYix.jpg

Though this might actually be tied to a rumour.

We’ll have Chu Hui learn it, as Wei Ziling already got Golden Blade and Shui got the Lady and Chan Lotus.

h68lXZM.jpg

odAImOW.jpg

For now, we’re done here.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part XLII: Sea-hid flower

It’s time to go and cure Ji Wen. We can take the boat in East Ferry.

QUVcR0J.jpg

FyEvInI.jpg

The flower is in some ruins to the north.

ENjvM1e.jpg

haDm7AI.jpg

3WO5Baj.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Look at this flower…

fN2tdjr.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
OK, let’s get it back to Beastmaster’s Manor.

Some random Kwarean appears out of nowhere however.

fL13Ww1.jpg

XZ2Wfr5.jpg

S18YDOY.jpg

lNHRH8s.jpg
Oh? What’s the name of this elegant venom? How could the flower be the only antidote?

HKpwBf8.jpg
It’s some kind of corpse venom called Hiderigami venom. It’s not elegant at all.

lNHRH8s.jpg
Hahaha, the most hideous venom can only be controlled by the sweetest flower. All things mutually reinforce and neutralize each other.

sSBLVww.jpg
(Where did this strange man come from?)

lNHRH8s.jpg
Your breath is stable and your footstep is agile at such a young age. You are more skilled than any other of your peers.

HKpwBf8.jpg
You flatter me.

lNHRH8s.jpg
*sigh* There are so many young heroes in Central China that leave my hometown in the dust.

The Kwarean attacks out of the blue.

TaWp425.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Why did you attack all of a sudden?

lNHRH8s.jpg
I met the charming rose jade among the sweet flowers. It should be embellished by martial knowledge.

lNHRH8s.jpg
Take your move. Burst forth your fiery vitality or be withered.

pciW2fG.jpg

The Kwarean has annoying internal style which must be disabled asap by inflicting internal injury. Both Wei Ziling and Gu can do that.

Xiao Fu is deployed to remove the Frozen status effect if necessary.

zI8m5aX.jpg

Batp0P6.jpg

qNMAP6L.jpg

The Kwarean just leaves after the battle. In Tale of Wuxia I believe he’s encountered in the Imperial route.

Uyj3BLo.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg

YfadaOy.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
I didn’t expect to meet a strange man in such a desolate island.

HKpwBf8.jpg
There are many hidden talents in Jianghu. It’s not so strange at all.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Stop chatting, we should take the Sea-hid flower to Beastmaster’s Manor as soon as possible.

NcEqCNg.jpg

Back in Beastmaster’s Manor, Ji Wen can now be cured.

lquyrPp.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
We didn’t fail to accomplish our mission.

K6kLgfN.jpg
This flower can cure the venom of Miss Ji. You need to boil it with water. Give it to Miss Ji after boiling. She will recover in a few days.

JYZi3Q3.jpg
Thanks for your assistance, we really appreciate it. Please stay for a few days so we can entertain you.

HKpwBf8.jpg
If you insist.

Next up we meet with Ji Wen.

NoHypSu.jpg

uyzct9X.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Miss Ji, you should really take more rest.

h39YlEf.jpg
Are you Wei Ziling? Thank you, I’m not that weak. Don’t worry.

guJoRzl.jpg

h39YlEf.jpg
Zombie? Grandpa is not a zombie!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Can you tell us the details?

h39YlEf.jpg
Grandpa died a few days ago, then the news came about a zombie. Everybody said that grandpa was the zombie. At first, we suspected his corpse was changed. So I went out with black dogs to investigate.

K6kLgfN.jpg
What did you find?

h39YlEf.jpg
When we found him, he tore the dogs up with his bare hands. He didn’t show any fear even with blood all over his body. When he launched an attack it was with some martial knowledge that Grandpa never practiced before.

HKpwBf8.jpg
A zombie with a new martial art…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Brother Gu, our conjecture was right.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Eh, Miss Ji, your grandpa wasn’t changed. A few days ago, my junior brother and I met a strange person at Stringsword Manor. He can control corpses of martial artists. I think he is the manipulator.

Various party members interject here.

76XwgyG.jpg

AKTpN7g.jpg

H5wOWsd.jpg

XdbU6i9.jpg

h39YlEf.jpg
My grandpa’s remains shouldn’t be disgraced like that. I want to find him as soon as possible!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Miss Ji, you should take a few days of rest. We are investigating the Acquittal Period and want to capture him too. So we can help to find your grandpa’s remains.

h39YlEf.jpg
But…

JYZi3Q3.jpg
Beastmaster’s Manor follows young master’s leadership these days. You should take care of yourself!

h39YlEf.jpg
*sigh* I understand, thank you. If you find anything, please tell me. From now on, you’re friends of Beastmaster’s Manor.

HKpwBf8.jpg
We will remember that. Then see you around.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part XLIII: Unfilial

We find creepy Shang back in Chengdu.

m7Vtz6T.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Eh? Look, Shang and master Gong of Baicao clan.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Yes, I see.

vTFqwXn.jpg

5pzBvES.jpg

42GUjRi.jpg
I must say, Shang Zhongzhi, I have known you for quite some time now. Yet you are still so serious about everything, you two brothers are not the same.

wPELHRo.jpg
We are different. Thank you for this time, I’ll go now.

42GUjRi.jpg
Tsk! Always the poker face, it’s really stressing me out.

Ziling has her suspicions, we must investigate further.

aQuw9Nr.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Come on, Ziling. We shouldn’t suspect Shang for buying herbs.

sSBLVww.jpg
You are right.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, this is not right. What kind of medicine does Baicao clan need? If Shang Zhongzhi really has a wicked purpose and we don’t inform others, it will be our fault.

sSBLVww.jpg
What you said is right, so shall we just go ask Gong Guangjie? We can be sure of it after we know the ingredients of the medicine.

K6kLgfN.jpg
…No, I don’t think he would tell us. And if Shang Zhongzhi is really plotting something bad, we should think carefully.

sSBLVww.jpg
Fine, then what do we do?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, can you say Shang is really a decent man, do you know him that well?

HKpwBf8.jpg
I…

K6kLgfN.jpg
How about this, at least we can tell Master Shang personally. We let him know about this and what happens next is Bagua clan’s own business, right?

HKpwBf8.jpg
OK… but we should be careful otherwise we might make an unnecessary enemy.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Don’t worry, Gu.

On the way back to Bagua clan is an encounter with a Wapanese.

2ZSenpw.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
This ronin just waves his sword randomly. But he is bold to fights against bears.

HKpwBf8.jpg
You are wrong. His movement is frenzied but not irregular. It’s like Drunken Fist or Staff of Berserker. You can’t learn this swordsmanship without being mad.

sSBLVww.jpg
Ronin are a scourge to various provinces. Just leave him alone.

K6kLgfN.jpg
My silly brother, you wrongly blame them. Most of the ronin are hired killers or outlaws, but few of them are Japanese. It is said that the infamous Black Necro is also Chinese!

We help out the ronin fighting a tough bear.

c6FDMXl.jpg

kO33xVV.jpg

knOb7jz.jpg

gXZvxkD.jpg

Back in Bagua clan Ziling and Shinji charge in like retarts, messing everything up.

FHIx9ao.jpg

8A114SL.jpg

wPELHRo.jpg

DYO82on.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Don’t drink it!!

gtj74FR.jpg
Gu, I welcomed you into our house out of respect. What are your companions doing here?

HKpwBf8.jpg
My apology, master Shang, they are my brother Jing Ji and Wei Ziling of castle Wei. They mean you no harm…

yueF2Xm.jpg

wPELHRo.jpg
A clean hand needs no washing.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Then why does master Shang need to take medicine if he is well? And why do you need Baicao clan of Chengdu for it?

wPELHRo.jpg
My father is having trouble sleeping so I asked for some medicine from the doctor but some of the ingredient were very hard to get. That’s why I asked for Gong.

wPELHRo.jpg
If you don’t believe me, you can check the medicine.

gtj74FR.jpg
What are you talking about, you are my son. I will never doubt you because of some outsiders’ words.

We have a doctor in the party to clear things out.

sSBLVww.jpg
What do you think?

e14raEN.jpg

wPELHRo.jpg
If you still have your doubts, I can drink it.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I…I…

HKpwBf8.jpg
It is my fault this time, ruining your reputation. I will accept your punishment.

K6kLgfN.jpg
It is my fault, suspecting the young master…

gtj74FR.jpg
Your action was rash, but Xiaoyao valley is famous for its chivalry. You must have done what you did out of good intent, so I will forgive you. But this involves Zhongzhi, so he will decide your fate.

wPELHRo.jpg
I am with you, father. If nothing else, I will go cook some new medicine for you.

QneeaoD.jpg

yKf0NWs.jpg

gtj74FR.jpg
Sorry about that, he is just having a difficult time, you better leave now. I’ll talk to him after.

HKpwBf8.jpg
This is our fault, it is only normal he has a grudge. I will come back to formally apologize someday.

The matter is not over yet as Ziling still has her suspicions.

8XlyjHj.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Why? Isn’t the medicine safe?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Shang Zhongzhi said the medicine is for calming purpose but why does he need those rare ingredients while many common herbs have the same effect?

HKpwBf8.jpg
…Ziling… we have offended Bagua clan because of this. Since the medicine turned out ok, we should not expect him further.

K6kLgfN.jpg
I understand…

There’s a flower outside that gets Ziling’s attention.

TRKXV6Q.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
This flower…

sSBLVww.jpg
It smells good! What, you want one?

HKpwBf8.jpg
What is it, Ziling? Why do keep staring at it?

K6kLgfN.jpg
This flower is called Flame clearing. The smell of it can calm one’s mind and it has nothing special as far as I know. But there is something… I just remember it now.

sSBLVww.jpg
Let’s just go for now. Maybe you will remember it later. Let’s take a walk around, there isn’t any clues left now anyway.

A food argument at East Ferry lights a lightbulb in Ziling’s mind.

JWQFzhb.jpg

zMdt8uo.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Your son might have food poisoning. Did you eat some persimmon with the crabs, young man?

POi5spb.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
I never knew these two mixed together cause food poisoning.

K6kLgfN.jpg
It is quite common actually. It’s just like you can’t eat amaranth with fish. And you can’t eat duck with waxberry... AH!!

sSBLVww.jpg
What are you doing!!

K6kLgfN.jpg
I get it, I get it, that flower!

sSBLVww.jpg
What does this have to do with the flower??

HKpwBf8.jpg
Wait, Ziling, say what’s on your mind.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Do you remember that plant in Bagua clan?

HKpwBf8.jpg
I thought you said it was for calming purposes?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Yes, but if you mix Flame clearing with felwort and red halloysite in medicine, you can get a slow poison. Your inner force will be drained out before you know it.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Are… are you saying…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Yes, that was the plan of Shang. We should go back there, he might already be doing something… or worse.

sSBLVww.jpg
Then what are we waiting for? Let’s go to Bagua clan and stop him!

We are just in time but… is this douchebag clan really worth saving?

oMHOPoT.jpg

umZFS7l.jpg

wPELHRo.jpg
What have I done? Until now you never cared what I did. How ironic.

fSpmHGk.jpg

Lv0JfVC.jpg

gtj74FR.jpg
Why didn’t you use your mind for the Bagua clan? You would’ve been the perfect master! Why waste it all on your own father.

wPELHRo.jpg
It is too late now. You never took me as your true son, letting that prick compete with me!

gtj74FR.jpg
You… unfilial son!

Some neenjas appear out of nowhere. They might be related to the organization trying to sow chaos among all the clans.

b5zedtp.jpg

aCe54Bu.jpg

Apparently Shang Zhongren is recruitable after this is finished, but there are better broadsword users than him.

566pCeu.jpg

Things are over quickly.

mXr1KQv.jpg

PIcF7ZO.jpg

wPELHRo.jpg
You, you..!!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Your helpers abandoned you, is there anything else you want to say?

wPELHRo.jpg

Pea7a0D.jpg

SeFAYRw.jpg
Brother, stop. Repent.

wPELHRo.jpg
Shang Zhongren, stop pretending. I will never admit my defeat.

The coward takes the coward’s way out.

y3F99Nt.jpg

AuGzsHm.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
This… master Shang…

gtj74FR.jpg
Thanks to you, I was misjudging you last time.

K6kLgfN.jpg
No… no. My condolences… master Shang.

SeFAYRw.jpg
You saved Bagua clan from this calamity. Anything you want, just ask, we Bagua clan will do anything we can to help.

gtj74FR.jpg
Bagua clan will need time to heal from this wound, so goodbye for now.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Goodbye, master Shang. Take care.

sSBLVww.jpg

We get another fist skill as reward, but it’s p. weak.

iG4Lm8g.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part XLIV: Poisonous Dragon Clan

We take a trip to Miao territory in the south.

pz8lOud.jpg

We are just in time for a battle. Bang, Feng Du big shot, is here.

mggZuWa.jpg

DD55Jqn.jpg

zvxfJRe.jpg

bAjH31m.jpg

Z2fL2iF.jpg
The Forkband has gone since last month. There’s only the Fork branch in Feng Du. Surrender, don’t make me hurt you women.

K6kLgfN.jpg
What do we do now, Gu…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Please stop! Can you listen to me?

Z2fL2iF.jpg
Where did this guy come from? Humph! You bitches said you had nothing to do with the people from Central China, yet you called them for help secretly.

iDUkhW0.jpg
It’s you who are willing to beg the people from Central China for mercy. We Poisonous Dragon Clan don’t need to be under them with the ancestral blessing.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I am from Xiaoyao valley…

Z2fL2iF.jpg
Xiaoyao valley!? It’s you who have been looking into Feng Du lately?

Z2fL2iF.jpg
Humph! I have nothing to say to you. Kids, let’s pierce these guys along with the bitches of the Poisonous Dragon Clan and hang them out to dry!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, they are unreasonable.

sSBLVww.jpg
Finally we can have a fight! That’s just what I want.

Bang is a healer character who came with generic Feng Du units. It’s easy.

ri9uObn.jpg

All Feng Du bigshots take their titles from Underworld deities. Bang is the “Ox-Head”.

nXToepJ.jpg

Raksha, btw, is the Horse-Face.

ahMZdhi.jpg

x3R9XmI.jpg

hBpIb7v.jpg

HftcSI6.jpg

The poison gurls use whips which have very long range. They also have some poison AoE which are useful.

ByhdCwq.jpg

WBZZ5cE.jpg

Bang and his cronies are down quickly.

9sqkiUz.jpg

fQG7bVr.jpg

wFIaARY.jpg

X5TvVmL.jpg

This place is like Disneyland for Wei Ziling.

9PWCix0.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
We are all kung fu men and ought to help with unfair matters.

iDUkhW0.jpg
You people from Central China are really funny and speak sweet words and honeyed phrases that deceived many Hmong girls. My name is Lan Ting and this is Huang Juan. What are your names, benefactors?

HKpwBf8.jpg
I am Gu Yuexuan from Xiaoyao valley. This is my little brother in training, Jing Ji, and this Wei Ziling from Wei castle.

IMKvpWF.jpg

Wei Ziling is referring to that fact that the Zi in her name is the character 紫 which means purple. Poison gurls’ names also have characters signifying colours. E.g. the Lan in Lan Ting, 藍, means indigo. Huang in Huang Juan’s name should be yellow (黄).

iDUkhW0.jpg
Since this is destined, how about I show you some interesting little stuff.

HKpwBf8.jpg
We just arrived here, and we wish to visit your master. Can you convey a message for us?

iDUkhW0.jpg
Send your regards to me? Am I that old to you?

sSBLVww.jpg
!!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Miss Lan… You… You are the Master of the Poisonous Dragon Clan?

iDUkhW0.jpg
Yeah! What about it? You think I am not qualified?

HKpwBf8.jpg
I… I didn’t mean that…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hehe! Miss Lan, Gu just didn’t expect that the Master of the famous Poisonous Dragon Clan would be such a young beauty like you.

rQkwX4Z.jpg
Miss Lan is so young yet already the Master. I am so impressed.

iDUkhW0.jpg
This is the regulation of our clan. You people from Central China wouldn’t understand. The vital role of our clan is played by women, especially the role of the Holy Virgin who is always a young and beautiful virgin…

sSBLVww.jpg
Why are these rules so abnormal…

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, don’t say that. Hmong territory has its own customs. Though it’s different from Central China, those have been passed down for generations.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsk! I got it!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Sorry for that, Miss Lan. My little brother is not good at picking words but I guarantee that Ji didn’t intend to defame the Poisonous Dragon Clan.

iDUkhW0.jpg
It’s alright, I prefer this over someone who only speaks good words. And what Gu said is exactly how it is. There are many differences between Central China and Hmong territory.

iDUkhW0.jpg
Don’t take it personally, but sometimes I think the rules of you people from Central China are too complicated, even unbearable. Hehe!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Miss Lan is right, those poor regulations have done great harm to so many poor girls…

iDUkhW0.jpg
Let’s not talk about such disturbing matters. Miss Wei, how about I show you some interesting stuff?

O3m7UNt.jpg

iDUkhW0.jpg
You are right…

K6kLgfN.jpg
I like that stuff and Miss Lan is the Master, so you must have some rare venomous insects?

iDUkhW0.jpg
That’s great. I will take you to see my precious.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsk! I am not interested in this stuff.

HKpwBf8.jpg
…Thank you. We are here to ask for help. Hopefully you can do us a favour.

iDUkhW0.jpg
You people from Central China like to always beat around the bush. Since you have helped the Poisonous Dragon Clan, you are friends of mine. Since we are friends, I trust that you won’t do harm to us. What’s your request? Just say it.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Miss Lan, we want to do some herb gathering in your herb mountain. Is that OK?

iDUkhW0.jpg
No big deal. Even though it’s our herb mountain, you can go if you want.

sSBLVww.jpg
Gu, Hierarch Lan is more straightforward than you.

iDUkhW0.jpg
Some of the herbs are not easily preserved. You can use our Drug Refinery Furnace if you wish. If you don’t have enough venom or medicinal material, you can take from our warehouse.

K6kLgfN.jpg
That’s perfect! We were just worried how to ask about the Drug Refinery Furnace!

iDUkhW0.jpg
The road on the mountain is hard to recognize, shall I send some men to escort you?

K6kLgfN.jpg
There’s no need, we can do it.

iDUkhW0.jpg
Alright. There’s a lot of mosquitoes on the herb mountain, be careful.

After the fight with Bang we got the following useful item to equip.

tH255v9.jpg

A while back we were asked by a Wudang disciple to fetch some Hmong wine and indeed there’s some of this wine around. However we can’t pick it because they’re covered by venomous insects… strangely enough even Wei Ziling can’t get rid of them.

MfJybGX.jpg

This is another great place to train. Shi Yan can steal a lot of good stuff here.

EyWgnVu.jpg

ms3n9SX.jpg

Aside from wisdom fruit and 1000 year ginseng there are new poison related skills and internal style to steal.

gClzThQ.jpg

S8PQYcL.jpg

tZkuAWu.jpg

Another useful item to steal is the unique Hmong nectar wine.

qmpWCRH.jpg

The Hmong are matriarchal, no wonder Wei Ziling likes them so much.

jHi0AzO.jpg

Zd6nAf9.jpg

We must let Wei Ziling play out her poison fantasies here before moving on.

wrqqKBs.jpg

dtspkjU.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
… It’s rare to see Ziling in such high spirit.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsk! Look at her, she’s like a little kid. She has been gathering for like four hours, why isn’t she done yet? It’s sweltering and there are too many mosquitoes, I don’t want to stay here any longer!

K6kLgfN.jpg
This is a rare chance, we should gather as many as we can! Tharm-cutting grass, Parthenium… And there are the Centella and Radix Asparagi.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ziling knows so much about herbs, such as the Tharm-cutting grass. Though I have heard its name, I didn’t know it looks so common. Only Ziling can recognize it.

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph! She has been playing with this stuff all day long, be careful she doesn’t become a venomous woman.

K6kLgfN.jpg
And you are to become a serial killer with your blades?

sSBLVww.jpg

R1xAs7n.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Heh, stop messing around. It’s getting dark, we should be quick.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, I went to the storehouse of the Poisonous Dragon Clan before entering the mountain. They have the rest of it, let’s head back!

sSBLVww.jpg
We are finally getting out of here?

K6kLgfN.jpg
No way! Some of the herbs will be useless if we don’t grind them right away. And all the necessary equipment is here. Since Hierarch Lan is willing to lend them to us, let’s stay for 2 or 3 days.

sSBLVww.jpg
2 or 3 days!? Are you out of your mind!

K6kLgfN.jpg
Humph, if you don’t want to stay, you can leave. I am definitely staying.

sSBLVww.jpg
You…!! I am surely leaving! Gu, let’s go and leave her alone here!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, if Master Ren of Swordsmith’s Manor asked you to stay a couple of days, would you stay or not?

sSBLVww.jpg
I would surely stay! The Swordsmith’s Manor is a great place full of the finest weapons… Why did you suddenly ask this?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Everyone has his own interest. Seldom has Ziling been so happy and Hierarch Lan wants her to stay too. Let’s stay here with her for a couple of days.

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsk. Such a troubling guy… I got it, I can wait…

It’s all a bit unclear whatever Wei Ziling is planning.

uiusKMy.jpg

HKpwBf8.jpg
Don’t worry, Ji, Ziling knows this stuff. It won’t be dangerous. Plus, hasn’t she informed us not to disturb her?

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsk! Who said I was worried? I, I was just afraid that she broke the Pellet Making Furnace.

5DcwfXc.jpg

oHHdHTK.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
What’s with the attitude? It has taken me great effort.

sSBLVww.jpg
You used so many herbs just to make this tiny pill?

HKpwBf8.jpg
This pill looks tiny, but it takes Ziling a lot of time to refine. It’s no normal stuff.

0gtr4LN.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
A pill refined with a bunch of venomous insects, that’s disturbing just to hear it. You are really good at messing with stuff.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Hey! Here you are, eat it!

sSBLVww.jpg
Why would I eat such an unidentified pill?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Don’t talk, just take it. Are you… afraid?

sSBLVww.jpg
I’m n…

sSBLVww.jpg
Tsk… never mind.

K6kLgfN.jpg
You are obedient today.

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Alright, you have had some long days, let’s take a good rest!

sSBLVww.jpg
Aren’t you sleepless too?

K6kLgfN.jpg
You…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Two fools!

The pill has no visible effect on stats or anything. After this we can move on.

PoGKze9.jpg

iDUkhW0.jpg
You are leaving… fine.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Why are you wearing such a sad face? Has anything happened?

iDUkhW0.jpg
I am worried about the Forkband. Bang is stubborn and though he ran into you guys this time, he will be certainly be back with this matter unfinished.

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph! If he dares to come back, I will kick their asses again.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Yeah! Lan, if you are worried, we can stay and help.

HKpwBf8.jpg
Ji, Ziling, we could help but that cures the symptoms, not the disease. We have our own mission and can’t stay here for long.

sSBLVww.jpg

iDUkhW0.jpg
Gu is right. The Poisonous Dragon Clan can’t rely on others for too long.

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, but we can’t just leave like this!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Right, so I intend to go to the Forkband and talk this out.

iDUkhW0.jpg
Well…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu is right, Lan. Leave this to us!

iDUkhW0.jpg
Then I should thank you, but be sure to be careful.

Next we will visit the Forkband.

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part XLV: Forkband

The Forkband area is now marked on our map. A bit northeast of the Poisonous Dragon Clan.

KeXFqh5.jpg

i2bhY41.jpg

The group is too late to be of much help here.

Xqun93J.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
What… what the hell?

HKpwBf8.jpg
Looks like the Forkband got attacked.

K6kLgfN.jpg
How can it be? Who?

sSBLVww.jpg
Why guess? Let’s go and check it out.

One of the big shots of Tianlong is here.

UFnM81B.jpg

spDhpH4.jpg

zr7FiLU.jpg

TThhME3.jpg
Chieftain? Are you still waiting for him? Heh heh, stupid Hmong, that guy has been long dead. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

TThhME3.jpg
I will teach you a lesson today, if you want to join Feng Du to fight with Cult of Tianlong? Death is your ending!

sSBLVww.jpg
Stop!

4F8c0yy.jpg

This Tianlong fagget is a one-trick pony with his poison.

4tMOTuD.jpg

L32RZ6D.jpg

Lan Ting and her second-in-command arrive to help, their poison AoE are useful against the Tianlong underlings.

NcN4mTl.jpg

BssqQYr.jpg

jfFYT9i.jpg

ccc0y2k.jpg

After 4 turns Luo Shejun is all alone.

Rwmkjnu.jpg

SBHl0rJ.jpg

Sh7qeGg.jpg

KwRqJxd.jpg

yXap0Tq.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Hold it right there!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Let it go, Ji, we can’t hold the Guardian of the Cult of Tianlong.

sSBLVww.jpg
Humph, damn.

iDUkhW0.jpg
What… just mere days have passed, how did the Forkband become like this…

iDUkhW0.jpg
Huang Juan.

tDVZAnW.jpg
I’m here.

iDUkhW0.jpg
Take some people to check if there are any survivors… we are all descendants of Jiu Li. They can join us if they want, and if they don’t, they can leave after they recover.

iDUkhW0.jpg
As for the rest… bury them properly…

tDVZAnW.jpg
Yes, my Lady.

iDUkhW0.jpg
I got a lot to take care of now that this happened to the Forkband… I shall take my leave. Thanks a lot for your recent help, you can come back whenever you want and I will treat you guys properly.

HKpwBf8.jpg
I understand.

There’s nothing left to do here. This area is now lost to Tianlong.

U7WTuOx.jpg

K6kLgfN.jpg
Gu, do you find this a little odd? Why would the Cult of Tianlong destroy the Forkband out of the blue? That’s really strange…

HKpwBf8.jpg
You mean…

K6kLgfN.jpg
Do you remember what Great Xia Jiang mentioned in the letter? Would this be a case of someone stirring up trouble…

sSBLVww.jpg
So we should find these guys as soon as possible!

HKpwBf8.jpg
Let’s go.

u73NLFx.jpg

sSBLVww.jpg
Cult of Tianlong occupied Forkband by force?

K6kLgfN.jpg
Maybe Nagaraja wants to use this opportunity to show others that Cult of Tianlong pays no attention to Feng Du at all…

HKpwBf8.jpg
In that case, there’s no sense in staying here. Let’s go.

The question is, is Bang really dead?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
I like the metastory of Tale of Wuxia, it is at its core an isekai

Nobody the Hero is a random otaku just trying to get back home

bZrheOR.jpg

psXswm0.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom