Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Gearmos

Educated

Edit: Also on GOG, probably tomorrow.

Last edited:

Ysaye

Arbiter
It's not a non-issue, political issues aside you're being given bad translation hence an inferior product, worse they advertise this, it's unacceptable from a consumer perspective.
lmao it's a single line or little more than that. not the whole script. fucking hell

I wonder what lines it was.... I mean the only one I can think of where it might have been was that there is a scene where (yet again) the boys are using orbal computers and the girls are cooking in the kitchen, but I think a comment is made that it will be the boys turn next to cook in the kitchen? - I did wonder whether that was in the original as I don't think they don't ever show the boys cooking. There are also a few dialogues with one of the main female characters as I remember that involve people saying she is really good at cooking that maybe could have been something else.

There is also a bit where one character says she did consider going home, getting a husband and "popping out babies" (or something similar) which didn't seem to read well, but I can't imagine that would be edited, given that is pretty much what she hasn't done as a character.

Also there are vague conversations with street kids which if I recall have bits where boys are picking on or excluding a girl from their games. Or maybe one of the many comments by other characters about one character potentially getting married to Rean?

Meanwhile there are a heap of comments made by characters about the relationship between a minor and a character more than ten years older, onscreen undesired groping of female by another, scenes where a teacher contemplates a range of relationships with various girls, the same old comments about boobs and panties whilst crawling around in ducts (including one female character reminding another that she should always wearing provocative underwear to "show off to the boys" when in such situations). And Prince Olivert.

Jinn

Arcane
Nope. If I don't have an easy and legal way to buy a game and play it right away without doing anything more than hitting the install button, I don't bother. Sorry.

No need to apologize, I was just curious. Though, it sounds like you owe it to yourself as a fan of the series to do so someday! Acquiring the PC version of Zero legally is pretty easy, and we have that patch dropping real soon.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Static is pioneering ethics in gaming in the motherland.
He is just lazy. And too many games to play anyway to bother with emux & patches.
That said, Russia is #2 in steam revenues in Europe (after UK) and #2 in total games owned on steam in the world (after US).

Duraframe300

Arcane
weebs btfo once again, another case of woke translating:

"lol they only changed like 3 sentences"
"goddamn you nazis sure like to cry about everything you guys are #SnowFlakes"

womp womp

Uhm, to be fair that's par on course for the series even under XSEED since Sky FC got translated.
If you play with japanese voice acting and pay some attention it becomes immediatly obvious.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
some hajimari info from guan+pics
more from guan again

-One of the protagonists is Lloyd Bannings, the Liberator, who worked with Arios toward Crossbell's liberation. After resuming the SSS's duties, he was looking forward to the signing ceremony of Crossbell's renewed independence, but...
-Elie MacDowell combines her work as her grandfather's secretary with her SSS duties. Her relationship with Lloyd progressed at last. Tio, more grown up now, works as orbal researcher with engineer in various countries. Zeit, Jona and other Epstein members appear as well.
-Randy left the Branch Campus and returned to Crossbell to resume his SSS duties. His relationship with Mireille has changed. Noel returned to the Crossbell Guardian Force, still as Second Lieutenant, and is tasked with the renewed independence singing ceremony
-Wazy visits Crossbell with new friends. Lloyd leads the Crossbell segment, features its liberation and declaration of independence, including the fight against the Government-General Security Force. Arios's guilt over his past actions may be secretly depicted in visuals
-Game switches between protagonists, so no bonding events this time around.

Jinn

Arcane
Yeah, I've been looking at these the past day or so. Good god does it shoot my hype through the roof even more for Zero and Ao. RELEASE IT, GEOFRONT. IT'S DONE!

Jinn

Arcane
they are still bugfixing as per yesterday and tweaking today

Hahaha, yeah I know. I'm just being an impatient prick.

Zerker, the lead editor of the team, said the next update will likely be an announcement of the release date, so I'm guessing we have another week or two of waiting ahead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom