Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Writing is the only reason to even touch MotB

Only if you're a storyfag. I play PS:T and MotB like hack n slash games. And that's not trolling: my write-ups prove it.

Egosphere

Arcane
KotOR II is the worst, though. Imagine taking its writing seriously. Stupid storyfags.

But you can become a Sith Lord and use force since early game. Just kidding. Kotor 1 is better but 2 still a good game.

Writing is the only reason to even touch MotB

The OC of NWN2 isn't bad either(not saying that is good as MotB)

I tried playing oc, but gave up very quickly after encountering neeshka

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Tell that to the Museum of Modern Arts. Clearly your opinion is so much more authoritative than theirs.

A game can HAVE art(cut-scenes, music, soundtracks, writing, cinematic, etc) but a game itself(like golfing virtual or IRL) is not art. I know that is a unpopular opinion but is my opinion.

I tried playing oc, but gave up very quickly after encountering neeshka

The crosskeep management was interesting.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
but is my opinion.

Why should anyone care about your opinion when a literal game is displayed in a literal art museum in NY? Do you know what a fact is? Here, let me help you out once again:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fact

Learning life with uncle Grimwulf.
Games are not art, nor is modern so-called art, and that's not an opinion. Its a fact. You are a retard, and you've lost any credibility. Cut off your balls if you haven't already and stick your head in a wood chipper.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Having actually been to MoMA, I can tell you it's pure shit. One of their "art" pieces was a room painted yellow.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Having actually been to MoMA, I can tell you it's pure shit. One of their "art" pieces was a room painted yellow.
You uncultured philistine how dare you!??!! If I want to stick my penis mayonnaise, its goddamn art! Do you even know what art is? I'll google it for you. Here's wikipedia to tell you for me what art is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art

Yes pomenitul, modern art is a participation award.

Last edited by a moderator:

Egosphere

Arcane

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

Whether one likes art or not is another question entirely. From a certain point of view, art doesn't need to be qualified or even shown to anybody in order to be a piece of art. From that same point of view, everything could be qualified as art. Life coach could see his own shit as art.

I might not even glance towards the yellow room you mentioned, but I have enough brains to acknowledge that it's art for someone. If people refused to accept new art mediums, we would be stuck with cave engravings to this day. Some of those new mediums might appear mighty weird to me, then again - so was music to someone in the past. Some prehistoric life coach, sperging about music "not being art, only parts of the music, like words or musical notes are".

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Games are not art, nor is modern so-called art, and that's not an opinion. Its a fact. You are a retard, and you've lost any credibility. Cut off your balls if you haven't already and stick your head in a wood chipper.

What about the soundtrack of a game? And the cutscenes? The story writting?

I an not saying that games are art, only that games can contain art

Latro

Arcane
Games are not art.

Tell that to the Museum of Modern Arts. Clearly your opinion is so much more authoritative than theirs.
Appeal to authority - not a very strong rebuttal. Art is simply great craftsmanship, so I do think games could be art; no matter what some committee or organization thinks. A well-written argument in favor of a game as art (or, of the game being simply superior) is more convincing than a web-page from an art-history museum.

Last edited:

Butter

Arcane
Patron

Whether one likes art or not is another question entirely. From a certain point of view, art doesn't need to be qualified or even shown to anybody in order to be a piece of art. From that same point of view, everything could be qualified as art. Life coach could see his own shit as art.

I might not even glance towards the yellow room you mentioned, but I have enough brains to acknowledge that it's art for someone. If people refused to accept new art mediums, we would be stuck with cave engravings to this day. Some of those new mediums might appear mighty weird to me, then again - so was music to someone in the past. Some prehistoric life coach, sperging about music "not being art, only parts of the music, like words or musical notes are".
Nah this is bullshit. Art without standards is worthless garbage. Before the 1950s, art was understood to be a display of talent and beauty. Then that standard got (((subverted))) and now art is whatever the artist wants it to be. A pile of shit is art! This post is art! Me snoring last night was art!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Appeal to authority

You kinda missed my point. I may not like anything displayed in MoMA, or any other art museum for that matter, but it's an art museum, which, by definition, displays art. I may not like the local laws, but if they are emposed by the government, I will acknowledge them as laws. That what defines a law. Not because of authorities, but by definition.

Art without standards is worthless garbage.

Except every single poster and shitposter considers himself an authority that HAS A AN OPINION! on how those standards should work. Are you running a museum of your own? If not, what stops you? Clearly you know how the art business works. Those MOMA guys are just a bunch of retards.

now art is whatever the artist wants it to be

It was always like that.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
You belong to a camp of faggots who think a jar of shit is art.

artist-s-shit-1961.jpg

What you think? It doesn't matter anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom