Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bethesda General Discussion Thread

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Isn't ESO a cash cow?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They were always going to make money from F76, always. They probably made bank from pre-orders alone, and yes, there are enough idiots spending money on that shite still to keep them going.

But not everything is good for Todd and the gang. Fallout 76 was designed as a cashcow to keep them going until they can release Starfield which is stuck in limbo according to rumors. While it brings in money, I highly doubt they are making as much as they'd like, not to mention it's painfully obvious how much they underestimated the hassle there is with maintaining an online game.
The worst part is that despite the excessively prolonged development cycles, the end product is still a buggy and shallow mess that should have only taken a fraction of the time to develop.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Most likely bullshit, and yes it's old news, but I'll throw this in here anyways:

https://www.psu.com/news/wild-rumor-starfield-cancelled-sony-to-buy-zenimax-media/

Sony Eyes ZeniMax Media, Starfield Canned
Reportedly, the console manufacturer is in talks to purchase the industry giant and all its accompanying developers. If that wasn’t wild enough, the deal will apparently be completed early next month, and Starfield, the next-generation RPG from Bethesda, has been cancelled as a result.

Yes, you read that right. Starfield is reportedly scrapped, with Bethesda instead looking to go full steam ahead with The Elder Scrolls VI.

Furthermore, the studio is also allegedly planning to remake previous Fallout games, but further details haven’t been revealed. To cap it all off, all the info comes from a Reddit member called ‘Zenimaxinsider.’ Well, it’s got to be true then, right? Nah, get on your bike, mate.

Sony is obviously in the process of strengthening its first-party portfolio ahead of the PS5 release in late 2020, but the chances of them snapping up someone like ZeniMax Media is about as likely as Basil Fawlty winning Host of the Year.

As for Starfield, well, there hasn’t been many details on the game released to date, but we know it’s coming out before the next chapter in The Elder Scrolls franchise.

It’s been a fair old wait for The Elder Scrolls IV, though; Skyrim, the previous game, came out way back in 2011, and we still don’t have any idea when the new title will arrive. It’s guaranteed to be a PS5 game at this point, however, and probably won’t hit shelves until a few years into the next-generation cycle for that matter.

Fallout remakes certainly sound interesting, and considering how popular revamping older games is as of late, it’s not out of the question.

Farewell young Prince into the night

Yeah, I mean...I can't imagine a world in which that rumors ends up being true.

Trashos

Arcane
Look, I love New Vegas, but...

the studio is also allegedly planning to remake previous Fallout games, but further details haven’t been revealed. To cap it all off, all the info comes from a Reddit member called ‘Zenimaxinsider.’

Disgusting!

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Most of the points in the video have been discussed on the Codex for years, but it was still nice to see them said aloud.

Farewell young Prince into the night

Yeah, he sounded like he creamed his pants a bit just 'cuz he walked into a side room and overheard a conversation between two npcs.

SHANDIFICATION.

I enjoyed the video overall. But I don't share his high opinion on Mass Effect.

taomcio

Educated
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I'm going to spam sonic linkn park videos in trad catholic corner if I don't get my Caius Cosades avatar.

prengle

Savant
Bethesda closing 25 years worth of their old forum.

Has the Internet Archive gotten hold of it ?

Despite what everyone is going to be saying, this is worth saving.
the old bethsoft forums already went read-only back in 2017 and ej-12 (a russian morrowind modding wizard) already archived most of the important sections ages ago, ive had his morrowind forum archive zipped up on my hard drive for a few years now. you can still download it from this google drive folder if you need it. the imperial library has a lot of old lore related forum posts by bethesda devs on it (including the absolutely timeless thread "the trial of vivec", where kirkbride roleplays as his mary sue oc vehk and blows up azura by shoving his cock in her mouth) and mwmythicmods has a lot of old forum posts too, except that site's old as shit and it should probably be archived too before the owner inevitably stops paying for the domain

so a lot of this shit has indeed been archived in some form and i'm glad, but at the same time zenimax is still just flushing decades worth of content™ down the drain because they are, in fact, the physical embodiment of all known material evil and i hate them they're gay and stupid

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
https://gamingbolt.com/ghostwire-to...-both-be-at-e3-2020-says-bethesdas-pete-hines

GhostWire: Tokyo and Deathloop Will Both Be At E3 2020, Says Bethesda’s Pete Hines
GhostWire: Tokyo has “an interesting parallel to DOOM Eternal,” Hines adds.

Posted By Shubhankar Parijat | On 06th, Mar. 2020 Under News

At E3 2019, Bethesda unveiled two major new properties. The new spooky action-adventure IP GhostWire: Tokyo and the first person action title Deathloop, coming from Tango Gameworks and Arkane Studios respectively, were both revealed with curious new trailers, though there wasn’t much that was revealed about either game.

There’s been no word from Bethesda or the respective developers on both games since their announcements (other than GhostWire: Tokyo’s creative director leaving Tango), but you can expect to hear more about both games come June. Recently, while speaking to Kinda Funny, Bethesda’s VP of PR and marketing Pete Hines confirmed that we can expect to hear more about both games at E3 2020.

Speaking about Deathloop, Hines said (at about the 6:15 mark in the video below), “It’s a safe bet that you’ll hear a lot more about it at E3. Whether there might be a little something between now and then, who’s to say.”

“I think you’re going to be pleased,” he added, saying that fans of Arkane Studios’ works – which includes games like Dishonored and Prey – will like what they’re doing with their new game. “They’re doing some really cool stuff with that, where it feels pretty familiar, but then also like, hey, they’re to sort of do some things different.”

Meawhile, later on, Hines also talked about GhostWire: Tokyo in particular, saying that the game has “an interesting parallel to DOOM Eternal” that people will probably pick up on once Bethesda has spoken more about the game.

“On both Deathloop and GhostWire, I’m really excited for you to see the game itself,” he said (at about the 51:15 mark). “I won’t say anything now, but it does have an interesting parallel to DOOM Eternal that I’ll talk to you about once we show GhostWire, that I’m curious if you’ve picked up or noticed. After you see it, I’ll explain a little bit about it. I’m sure we’ll talk a little bit about where the connective tissue is between those two things.”

When asked if that game, too, will be at E3, Hines answered affirmatively.

TL;DR

Both Deathloop and Ghostwire: Toyko will be shown at E3 2020. Deathloop will likely be announced earlier (Gameinformer reveal?) and Ghostwire has an "interesting parallel" to DOOM Eternal.

Quillon

Arcane
Not yet but seems it will be cancelled soon. Virus + organizers quitting + no sony anyway. I guess companies could still hold a conference or do pre-recorded streams :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom