Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are there any "meta-RPG" games where you manage adventurers?

Codex Year of the Donut
Where you equip/train multiple parties of adventurers and send them out to do things while you also do diplomatic stuff.
Sort of like Majesty I guess.

Farewell into the night

I saw something like this in World of Warcraft. You have a base with followers, you assign them to do missions and you're free to do your stuff, for example dimplomacy which is grinding reputation to get a bee mount.
i don't remember if you could equip them. I'm not sure if this is a thing you're asking about.

Maybe you think about some Total War games, or Knights of Honor?

Modron

Arcane
I am pretty sure I have seen such games before but unfortunately I cannot recall any names. What I can remember are games which have mechanics such as these while you are off playing the main game like the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Asscreed games 2-3, and The Bureau: Xcom declassified.

Farewell into the night

I think Fallout Shelter had this mechanic, where you can send your guys somewhere to do missions, but there was no diplomacy, only base management.

Modron

Arcane
I think Fallout Shelter had this mechanic, where you can send your guys somewhere to do missions, but there was no diplomacy, only base management.
Doesn't really fit his requirements as you directly control those missions.

Farewell into the night

Doesn't really fit his requirements as you directly control those missions.

Oh, right. I didn't remembered it that way, I've played this game ages ago.

What about Dominons 5?

Last edited by a moderator:

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Rimworld, in which you send your colonists to explore other parts of the planet while you handle shit at home. That's not the crux of the game, obviously, but it's still available.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Also Battles of Wesnoth Norghan, but I can't run it on my machine, so no idea how competent it is

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
What about Dominons 5?

Conquest of Elysium fits the bill better. Same bread minus the strategic part. Both games have no diplomacy, though.

Any 4x game, just make sure to enable auto-resolve combat. Eador: Genesis, for instance, plays like turn-based Majesty + tactical combat (which you can always autoresolve). Both Thea games, the same principle.

If you need exactly Majesty-like game, go Northgard.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
In Dwarf Fortress you can do that. It's not that advanced yet, but you can send adventurers out in the world to hunt for treasure, attack other sites etc. If they succeed they will return with the spoils.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Warlords 1-3 kind of works like that, except that there are armies, but you can equip heroes, and send them with troops, and all battles are autobattles.

Gregz

Arcane
Where you equip/train multiple parties of adventurers and send them out to do things while you also do diplomatic stuff.

Master of Magic perhaps?

You can have multiple parties with heroes that you equip with magic items and level up, all while doing Civ-like diplomacy and world building at the same time.

Lurker47

Savant
A meta-rpg to me seems more like a game where the "stats" manage the very mechanics of the game. But that's a :obviously: idea for another day while "adventure managing" seems linked to :decline:

mondblut

Arcane
If you imply no actual control over those adventurers, King of Dragon Pass, I guess. When you send somebody out to explore shit.

lobsterfrogman

Scholar
Epic Manager - you run an adventuring guild and so manage more than 1 party. You still have control over them, so if it has to be exactly like Majesty, this ain't. It's more in the vein of "jrpg Battle Brothers".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom