Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Horizon Zero Dawn - open world action-RPG from Guerilla Games - now on PC

Dodo1610

Arcane
Nice, could fill the void all the delays will create.

JDR13

Arcane
The PlayStation 4 exclusive Horizon: Zero Dawn will come to personal computers this year, sources tell Kotaku.

What "sources"? I'll believe it when Sony makes an official announcement.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I wish I knew that before I started playing it...

... on PS NOW. I'm around 10 hours in and as a game, it is okay. The writing, lore, and story is terrible so far though.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The PlayStation 4 exclusive Horizon: Zero Dawn will come to personal computers this year, sources tell Kotaku.

What "sources"? I'll believe it when Sony makes an official announcement.

There were already rumours from a source that confirmed Death Stranding way before it was.

Now it's from Schreier, which is Kotaku's only journalist doing actual journalism. If he says that three insider sources confirmed it, it's indeed, as good as confirmed.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Killzone Shadowfall is garbage and so is the original killzone. Killzone 2 & to a lesser extent 3 are the ones worth playing but Sony is just ditching the franchise and the PS3.

Oh I'm sure they're middling games, but I'm such a slut for sci-fi FPS games it doesn't really matter.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
I wish I knew that before I started playing it...

... on PS NOW. I'm around 10 hours in and as a game, it is okay. The writing, lore, and story is terrible so far though.
Terribly boring game. I played about 20 hours before giving up, one of the few games ever to actually make me fall asleep. I would say wait for the pc release as that would mean you don't have to be in slow mo to hit things as mouse and keyboard& shit. Thus keeping atleast the kinetic momentum of combat intact.

Writing was honest to god trash. I have no idea where praise for that comes from.

Pretty as hell game though. Till you notice Alloy's feet clipping through grass and lack of grass movememt. Then you notice the shadow filtering line.. then you realize whole mountains are being unloaded when you are not looking at it making you be in shadow when looking at the mountain and then to full sunlight when not looking at the mountains...

Last edited:

Hellion

Arcane
Sonybros be like

83549186_2858758797524317_3658029341129834496_n.png

EObWH_rW4AE2ztw

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I have to believe that's a child operating a Twitter account.

Check out comments in any Digital foundry video about an exclusive game, you will find hundreds of comments just like that. Worse ones even. It's all too real and very hilarious :)

Terra

Cipher
Such bizarre brand loyalty to a plastic box, the contents of which ironically move closer to being a straight up PC with each iteration.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Theyre trying to reach cringe levels of pc master race people, but their performance is as lacking as their consoles.

HZD is decent. Overhyped, but far from a bad game imho.

Dodo1610

Arcane
I mean the game was announced as a first-party Sony game, so no one ever expected it to be released on PC. Even the petition on change.org didn't really get any attention from the port beggars unlike the one for Bloodborne.:roll:
HZD was mostly a good mix of The Witcher 3 presentation + Ubisoft's open-world formula just with a lot of polish. That being said it was still one of the better AAA titles in recent years so I am happy to be able to play it.

JDR13

Arcane
If this news is legit, I wonder if we could see ports of Naughty Dog's games (Uncharted, The Last of Us) in the future.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom