Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Horizon Zero Dawn - open world action-RPG from Guerilla Games - now on PC

JDR13

Arcane
It's gonna be one of those annoying things where they port Last of Us 2 without ever porting the first one, like Red Dead.

Possibly, but I think there's a much greater chance the first game gets ported compared to RDR1 due to the fact that there's a PS4 version of it.

JDR13

Arcane
Let's be real here there is no way in hell The Last of us Part 2 will be released on PC anytime soon.

I agree. Even if it does get ported, I expect it'll be a 1-year exclusive for the PS4 first in the same way as the Final Fantasy VII remake.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I agree. Even if it does get ported, I expect it'll be a 1-year exclusive for the PS4 first in the same way as the Final Fantasy VII remake.

Since nothing would ever make me play it on console, I'm fine with it if this becomes the new paradigm. Not like I don't have games to play in the meantime.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I think I am going to rush through this game.

The gameplay is fairly bland and standard open world without taking any risk.
The world is interesting at first, but it quickly loses its novelty.

But what is mostly retarded, especially from the FO:NV writer... is the writing. It's terrible. Early in the game, there is a cutscene where people shoot at you with flamed arrows... in the snow. They put their arrows on fire, and shoot at moving distant targets... in the snow. I don't know what else to tell you, except everything else is around that level of quality.
Oh yes, there is an evil company that starts a good project for their workers called "big brother", oh yeah, they fucking wrote that.
Rest of the story appears to be : "science has gone too far oh no :("

There are no real RPG mechanics whatsoever. The sidequests are bland. It's a game that does the bare minimum to be competent and in this day and age, that is just not enough.

God of War IV was much, much more interesting.

Last edited:

Duraframe300

Arcane

But what is mostly retarded, especially from the FO:NV writer... is the writing. It's terrible. Early in the game, there is a cutscene where people shoot at you with flamed arrows... in the snow. They put their arrows on fire, and shoot at moving distant targets... in the snow. I don't know what else to tell you, except everything else is around that level of quality.
Oh yes, there is an evil company that starts a good project for their workers called "big brother", oh yeah, they fucking wrote that.

There are no real RPG mechanics whatsoever. The sidequests are bland. It's a game that does the bare minimum to be competent and in this day and age, that is just not enough.

How are you on Aloy's charachter? In terms of writing I found her one of the biggest offenders even though she got praise all over on release. The dialog wheel felt mostly like a joke considering she was a snarky, arrogant bitch regardless of what you did.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

You must still be at the shitty tribal part before the real game begins lel.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.pcgamer.com/horizon-zero-dawn-for-pc-appears-on-amazon/

thinking.png

Last edited:

Dodo1610

Arcane
It's official now
https://blog.us.playstation.com/202...-with-head-of-playstations-worldwide-studios/
PSB: Speaking of experimentation, there have been rumors of a Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition that might be coming to PC… can you confirm or deny that?
HH:
Yes, I can confirm that Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to PC this summer…. There will be more information coming from Guerrilla, from the new studio directors [Michiel van der Leeuw, JB van Beek, and Angie Smets] pretty soon.

Ivan

Arcane
As others have mentioned, it's a meh action game with fantastic art direction. I wish it wasn't open world.

However, this bodes well for other Playstation Exclusives coming to PC (FromSoft), so yay.

Perkel

Arcane
huge news. I don't mean the game, game is shit.
But this means that there is huge chance BB will come to to PC.

I think Sony was afraid of MS tactics. For those who don't know MS is releasing their every xbox exclusive game on PC now day 1 in their gamepass (and outside of gamepass) and they will be even adding their games on other platforms not just their store.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
huge news. I don't mean the game, game is shit.
But this means that there is huge chance BB will come to to PC.

I think Sony was afraid of MS tactics. For those who don't know MS is releasing their every xbox exclusive game on PC now day 1 in their gamepass (and outside of gamepass) and they will be even adding their games on other platforms not just their store.
"Huge"? What do you mean by "huge"? Like 80%?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
As others have mentioned, it's a meh action game with fantastic art direction. I wish it wasn't open world.

However, this bodes well for other Playstation Exclusives coming to PC (FromSoft), so yay.

Fantastic atmosphere, not just art direction.

The music/sound/VA is also a large part of it. So is the backstory - even if the premise is straight up retarded as I have said earlier in this thread, the classic end of the world last ditch attempt to save humanity and self-sacrifice parts are way more emotionally engaging than any Bioware shit ever was. Clearly written by toxic males.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I thought the game was nice but in a very superficial way..didn't love it nearly as much as I hoped. Still, cool news, here is hoping it will be just the first of many.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I thought the game was nice but in a very superficial way..didn't love it nearly as much as I hoped. Still, cool news, here is hoping it will be just the first of many.
Yeah, shooting big mechanical beasts with arrows was fun and destroying body parts with the right combination of weapon and ammunition was interesting, particularly because each removed part disabled one of the creature's abilities. Setting wire traps was also fun.

But everything else was completely retarded and boring.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom