Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Baldur's Gate, as told by Larian Studios -

e0uhelxpmkm31.jpg

Lacrymas

Arcane
Oh, I was going to write that they'd have to explain away why we begin as a level 1 again, but I actually know how they'll do it - the Bhaalspawn essence will be transferred to another body. Or maybe the prologue will show the Mindflayers sapping our strength or some shit like that. It's indeed kinda weird though, is this going to go all out nostalgia?

Terenty

Liturgist
Can they make the game with the same art style as BG2? I mean literally the same art style, the same character models, the same animations and stuff only in modern 3d, wouldn't it be glorious?

Oh and the same composer, some german dude if i'm not mistaken

Dodo1610

Arcane
It depends on which ending Larian would choose as canon. If the Godhood one, then explaining us starting at level 1 is easy as pie - stripped of godhood = stripped of all power.
That doesn't work with Larian's Coop style in which all players are equals in the game.

Lacrymas

Arcane
It's not required for everyone to be a main character, though. Besides, all the companions of the PC are main characters, they just aren't as snowflake-y. Either way, there isn't a single good reason to make the Bhaalspawn the PC again, it's a dumb idea that only tries to cater to nostalgia, but like all other recent such tries, it's just going to exhume the corpse and puppet it around to nobody's amusement.

frajaq

Erudite
I'm expecting XCOM-like combat where you zoom-in sometimes when character get a crit or use special abilities, but overall still explore the world from view up

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
I'm much more curious to see who the protagonist will be. There WERE talks about a Bhaalspawn being the main character, but even I haven't stumbled upon the rumour of a possibility that we'll actually be playing as the protagonist of the previous games. If Larian does go for that, it will be... bizarre? I don't know what to make of it.

Just ask your secret spy that works at larian.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'm much more curious to see who the protagonist will be. There WERE talks about a Bhaalspawn being the main character, but even I haven't stumbled upon the rumour of a possibility that we'll actually be playing as the protagonist of the previous games. If Larian does go for that, it will be... bizarre? I don't know what to make of it.

I did, and he told me he's busy fucking your mom.

B-but Rpguy's mom is dead?!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Fuck I thought I covered that one up properly.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Can they make the game with the same art style as BG2? I mean literally the same art style, the same character models, the same animations and stuff only in modern 3d, wouldn't it be glorious?

Oh and the same composer, some german dude if i'm not mistaken

If this wouldn't cause a universe destroying paradox, sure.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Fuck I thought I covered that one up properly.
I told you that dress and wig isn't enough unless you are willing to shave.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady

Stop trying to act like you have good aesthetic taste; you don't. The UI, anims, paperdolls, icons and character models are objectively superior in BG (that's BG, not BG2).

Here, let me give you a few examples:

BG vs. BG2:

paperdolls.jpg

BG:

12.jpg

BG2:

archer.jpg

BG:

bg1.jpg

BG2:

bg2.jpg

BG:

Durlags%2Btower.jpg

BG2:

watchers%2Bkeep.jpg

In respect to backdrops, BG lacks the fidelity and color depth of BG2, but that's just a technical limitation of the time. In all respects, its aesthetics exhibit superior taste.

Also, BG laid down all groundwork whereas BG2 leeched off BG + IWD.

So the fact you cite BG2 over BG just shows what an idiot you are.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
No guys, it won't look like BG or BG2. Stop having such silly hope. This is a major project and won't just a be a nostalgia for nostalgia sake kind of game.

The most you can hope is the game will be TB or RtwP and even that's still in doubt.

Terenty

Liturgist

Stop trying to act like you have good aesthetic taste; you don't. The UI, anims, paperdolls, icons and character models are objectively superior in BG (that's BG, not BG2).

Here, let me give you a few examples:

BG vs. BG2:

paperdolls.jpg

BG:

12.jpg

BG2:

archer.jpg

BG:

bg1.jpg

BG2:

bg2.jpg

BG:

Durlags%2Btower.jpg

BG2:

watchers%2Bkeep.jpg

In respect to backdrops, BG lacks the fidelity and color depth of BG2, but that's just a technical limitation of the time. In all respects, its aesthetics exhibit superior taste.

Also, BG laid down all groundwork whereas BG2 leeched off BG + IWD.

So the fact you cite BG2 over BG just shows what an idiot you are.

Everything you mentioned is subjective, retard, but i happen to agree some things are better in BG compared to BG2

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom