Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter I'm going to leave RPGcodex

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
for the duration it takes to play through each high quality turn based tactical combat RPG recommended to me in this thread which I haven't played already and which can run on my laptop.*

Pleasure doing business with you.

*excluding underrail

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
i dont post in sub fora because I'm a traditionalist

edit: wtf why is jrpg not a subset of general rpg as I thought it would be
this is literally racist if blobbers are allowed here

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
but consider convincing me to play JRPGs to be the hardmode high reward of the thread challenge as if I begin to enjoy this genre I will have much more to keep me away from here

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
i dont post in sub fora because I'm a traditionalist

edit: wtf why is jrpg not a subset of general rpg as I thought it would be
this is literally racist if blobbers are allowed here

The General RPG Discussion forum should have a sub-forum for console RPGs and call it a day. Not everyone owns a console or is interested in emulating.

Self-Ejected

Daze

Red Panda Alt
What will you do if Solasta, Realms Beyond and KotC 2 come out on the same day?

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Maybe staying off the Codex while playing a high quality turn based tactical combat RPG would soothe your butthurt.

Geckabor

Savant
I usually get tired of JRPGs fairly quickly nowadays, but here's a franchise I always come back to: Fire Emblem.
It features turn based, tactical combat that can be challenging since permadeath of your units exists and also because your units can be very fragile against certain counters (it sort of has a rock-paper-scissors thing going on).

Alternatively, I've heard a lot of good stuff about the turn-based mod of Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
for the duration it takes to play through each high quality turn based tactical combat RPG recommended to me in this thread which I haven't played already and which can run on my laptop.*
Wizard's Crown
Demon's Winter
Pool of Radiance
Curse of the Azure Bonds
Secret of the Silver Blades
Pools of Darkness
Champions of Krynn
Death Knights of Krynn
Dark Queen of Krynn
Gateway to the Savage Frontier
Treasure of the Savage Frontier
Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday
Buck Rogers: Matrix Cubed
Halls of the Dead: Faery Tale Adventure II

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom