Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dying Light 2 Stay Human - zombie survival with choice & consequence

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Might D1P just because they didn't sell out to Epic.

This is also a D1P for me because Dying Light 1 was good despite the retarded story.

With a story written by MCA there is a chance this will be a huge positive surprise in 2020.

CyberModuled

Savant
Wait, when did Techland say this is going to not be Epic Exclusive? I hope it's not but last I recalled one of their recent games on their publishing side was made EGS exclusive (though I do realize that's on an indie scale so that might just give it a different prerogative to the company).

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
With a story written by MCA

Where? Which game is that? MCA do that stuff these days? Write games' stories?(lead writer, main story)

Chris Avellone helped define Dying Light 2's world and 'the rules that govern it'

To this end, Chris Avellone has been involved since the beginning on the project, says Smektala, and has helped sculpt Dying Light 2's game world and its backstory.

"He was with us from the start," Smektala explains. "He helped us to define the idea for modern dark ages, a unique setting that we have in the game. It’s a setting that explains, presents a world where the civilisation has gone back to [the] dark ages. But everything that you see around is quite modern.

"Perhaps it's not working, but the things that we take for granted right now—the things that we see outside our window, are artefacts of a previous time. Right now, everything is brutal, primal and merciless. Chris Avellone helped us to define that world, define the rules that govern it, and [helped] define the factions that operate in the city."

Good enough for you?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Wait, when did Techland say this is going to not be Epic Exclusive? I hope it's not but last I recalled one of their recent games on their publishing side was made EGS exclusive (though I do realize that's on an indie scale so that might just give it a different prerogative to the company).

There is no indie EGS exclusive from them. DL2 will be published by Techland themselves. All of their games are on Steam.

Surprises can happen but I don't believe Techland is retarded enough to go EGS exclusive considering that DL1 community on Steam is huge.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane

Where? Which game is that? MCA do that stuff these days? Write games' stories?(lead writer, main story)

Chris Avellone helped define Dying Light 2's world and 'the rules that govern it'

To this end, Chris Avellone has been involved since the beginning on the project, says Smektala, and has helped sculpt Dying Light 2's game world and its backstory.

"He was with us from the start," Smektala explains. "He helped us to define the idea for modern dark ages, a unique setting that we have in the game. It’s a setting that explains, presents a world where the civilisation has gone back to [the] dark ages. But everything that you see around is quite modern.

"Perhaps it's not working, but the things that we take for granted right now—the things that we see outside our window, are artefacts of a previous time. Right now, everything is brutal, primal and merciless. Chris Avellone helped us to define that world, define the rules that govern it, and [helped] define the factions that operate in the city."

Good enough for you?

Nope, none of that means:

a story written by MCA

Otherwise I already said that I think the game will turn out good despite popular skepticism here. Its just comical how everyone credits everything to Chris for the games he works on; "Chris helped us with this and that" turns to "A Story by Chris Avellone" lol.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Good enough for you?

Nope, none of that means:

a story written by MCA

Otherwise I already said that I think the game will turn out good despite popular skepticism here. Its just comical how everyone credits everything to Chris for the games he works on; "Chris helped us with this and that" turns to "A Story by Chris Avellone" lol.

Doesn't matter. There is no way that DL2 story is worse than DL1 story.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
There is no indie EGS exclusive from them.

Surprises can happen but I don't believe Techland is retarded enough to go EGS exclusive considering that DL1 community on Steam is huge.
I don't believe DL2 gonna be Epic exclusive either, but they are publishing one

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/arise-a-simple-story/home

Well, I was wrong then. Sorry.

I didn't find it cause I looked for the games developed by them and all the games developed by them are on Steam.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
There is no indie EGS exclusive from them.

I don't believe DL2 gonna be Epic exclusive either, but they are publishing one

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/arise-a-simple-story/home
I wouldn't be surprised if they did got EGS because they are a bunch of greedy jews. Just look at the price history of the first game.

CyberModuled

Savant
Well okay if they're doing this then it's fair to say they probably won't piss Valve off.

orcinator

Liturgist
Is this still going to have that awful respawn system instead of checkpoints? Because that really ruined the game for me.

Another problem with the first game was the low enemy variety since you were fighting 2 types of zombies and 2 types of humans throughout 90% of the game and having the sequel focus on fighting humans doesn't fil me with confidence.

Perkel

Arcane
People are shocked that in year of consoles people try to delay stuff for new consoles to release it on both.

If you release game on launch you are destined to sell millions of extra copies just from people who want to play anything. Game like resistance on PS3 which was pretty media-core shooter sold 6mln copies just because it was released at launch.

You can totally expect more announcements for popular games coming this year to be moved to end of the year or something close to that window or slightly after.

typical user

Arbiter
Do you people really expect these games to be finished on time?

Yes? You post the release date then it's set in stone. You coordinate with your teammates to finish the product before deadline or you risk losing milions of profit.

People are shocked that in year of consoles people try to delay stuff for new consoles to release it on both.

If you release game on launch you are destined to sell millions of extra copies just from people who want to play anything. Game like resistance on PS3 which was pretty media-core shooter sold 6mln copies just because it was released at launch.

You can totally expect more announcements for popular games coming this year to be moved to end of the year or something close to that window or slightly after.

Developers get devkits of the new consoles months before they get released to end-consumers.

Gerrard

Arcane
Yeah, releasing your game at the same time as all the other AAA (also on new consoles) will surely work out better. I hope they release the same week as Cyberpunk.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
At this point just tell us which games are actually coming out on time this year

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The fact that they don't have an updated release date yet suggests it could be delayed into 2021.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom