Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The one strategy game you will take on a desert island

eXalted

Arcane
As per title, which strategy/tactical/4x/sim game gives you so much replayability and a new experience every time you play it that it can be your only game of choice in a situation like that?

Mods allowed.

Farewell into the night

I don't think it makes sense. How do I get electricity? How do I get computer machine? How do I get DOS? There are far more questions.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Another vote for Alpha Centauri. When I actually get a few consecutive days free for gaming (happens about once a year) it's the game I find myself playing.

And every time Yang ruins my Christmas...

Citizen

The AI is stronk in this one.

Yeah, it's hard to tell wether it's really good just cheats a lot tho, most likely the latter of course, but a man can dream...

But if I had a minimal internetz connection for playing pbem, definitely Dominions.

If you have working internet then it's called a vacation, not being stuck on an a desert island :lol:

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War with all of its expan-

Ah nevermind, cut Soulstorm.

Citizen

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War with all of its expan-

Ah nevermind, cut Soulstorm.

Being stranded on a desert island somewhere in the pacific will cover all your "survial in a grimdark hostile world filled with giant insects and dangerous xenos natives" needs
Might as well pick another game :troll:

Edited: could make a nice addition to warhammer lore: https://www.amazon.com/White-Headhunter-19th-Century-Survived-Darkness/dp/0786712562

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom