Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2019: Results & Cool Graphs

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
By the way, let the record show that the Codex considers Sawyer at his worst better than Cain and Boyarsky at their worst.

17093.jpg

16643.png

The fall of legends. Not a New Vegas killer.

prengle

Savant
wow! i can't believe pathologic 2 won the prestigious RPG Codex™ GOTY 2019™ poll. tough competition this year but i always knew that it'd win out in the end

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Hope you managed to clean your backlog, because 2020 looks overwhelming.

Here's to 2020, with Cyberpunk, Elden Ring, Baldur's Gate 3, Knight of the Chalice 2, Bloodlines 2, Wasteland 3, Mount & Blade II, Dragon Ball Z, Colony Ship, Yakuza 7, Disco Elysium DLC and drama about Final Fantasy VII.

truly i am so excited i can hardly contain my enthusiasm
stonedm_a769bc4.jpg

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
The talk about Disco Elysium aside, I am glad to see The Outer Worlds at the exact spot (on a fucking 2D continuum, no less) it deserves to be. You've still got it, Codexers. Your heart is in the right place.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Here's to 2020, with Cyberpunk, Elden Ring, Baldur's Gate 3, Knight of the Chalice 2, Bloodlines 2, Wasteland 3, Mount & Blade II, Dragon Ball Z, Colony Ship, Yakuza 7, Disco Elysium DLC and drama about Final Fantasy VII.

stonedm_a769bc4.jpg

Knights of the Chalice 2 and Colony Ship look great

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Tags: GOTY 2019

Comrades, welcome to the RPG Codex 2019 GOTY Award!

This year we had 949 voters, who rated 62 releases from 2019. This is almost half of the 114 RPGs of 2018, as it was definitely a slower year. Hope you managed to clean your backlog, because 2020 looks overwhelming.

Once again we had three categories: Game of the Year, Best Expansion/DLC and Best PC Port/Remaster.

For those of you who just want the TL;DR, here are the winners:

Game of the Year
1st - Disco Elysium
2nd - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
3rd - Slay the Spire

Best Remake/Port
Romancing SaGa 3

Best DLC/Expansion
Underrail: Expedition

For the full results and fancy graphs, just follow the link below.

Read the full article: RPG Codex GOTY 2019: Results & Cool Graphs
Thanks!

V_K

Arcane
Shit, should have upvoted Bloodstained more. With a 3.29 pure average vs. Disco's 3.02 it'd probably take around 20 more 4/4 votes to put it into first place. The butthurt would have been epic :negative:

UPD. Counted it. Even 11 more 4/4 votes would suffice.

:stunned:

Last edited:

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
By the way, let the record show that the Codex considers Sawyer at his worst better than Cain and Boyarsky at their worst.

17093.jpg

16643.png
The fall of legends. Not a New Vegas killer.

What a game Ghost of a Tale was. It's a pity it couldn't be delayed a year in order to win RPG of the year

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

stonedm_a769bc4.jpg

Colony Ship isn't coming out until 2021 and Baldur's Gate III we'll have to see the reveal on Feb 27th to decide if it is even worth looking forward to. And it probably won't come out this year either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom