Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RimWorld - Damned Colonists in Space

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
:shredder:

SmartCheetah

Arcane
I wonder what they are working on. Lets hope for another good simulation game, because there is a serious lack of good titles in this matter. Basicly, Dwarf Fortress and Dwarf Fortress mega lite, aka Rimworld.
I would gladly take something out of sci-fi genre. Let it be fantasy, steampunk or whatever.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Cool to see that Tynan wants to roll his millions into giving back to the industry by founding a studio that isn't shit to work for. :salute:

I wonder what Rimworld 3D will look like.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I guess we will see in the year 2525 if man is still alive.
EIN7sNH.png
It's a matter of time x 1

Beastro

Arcane
Anyone know how the Steam key move works?

Do you lose the other alternative download and get stuck with Steam?

RW's a game I'd like to keep free of the whims of Steam if I can, but wanting to look back to getting into it, I realize so much of the mods are on there. :(

ChaDargo

Arcane
Anyone know how the Steam key move works?

Do you lose the other alternative download and get stuck with Steam?

RW's a game I'd like to keep free of the whims of Steam if I can, but wanting to look back to getting into it, I realize so much of the mods are on there. :(

There are ways to download anything from the workshop without having Steam at all.

ChaDargo

Arcane
tell us more about that ChaDargo.

http://steamworkshop.download/

Just provide it the link to the mod’s page of the mod you want. You’ll get a zip file it, but sometimes also all previous versions, so file sizes might be double. Unpack and do whatever.

That would be correct. I actually have two installations of Rimworld on my PC, one heavily modded, one with just interface type of stuff, and all the mods for either one came from that site.

On a side note, I'm trying to build a ship using Save our ship 2.0, Cassandra Rough difficulty, and I do not grasp how to get enough plasteel and other resources to build the damn thing lol. Any ideas?

Zombra

Patron
I'm trying to build a ship using Save our ship 2.0, Cassandra Rough difficulty, and I do not grasp how to get enough plasteel and other resources to build the damn thing lol. Any ideas?
I don't know about that mod, but I imagine you want to do the same thing as in vanilla: send out trade caravans and/or do deep drilling at home.

Just provide it the link to the mod’s page of the mod you want. You’ll get a zip file it, but sometimes also all previous versions, so file sizes might be double. Unpack and do whatever.

On a side note, I'm trying to build a ship using Save our ship 2.0, Cassandra Rough difficulty, and I do not grasp how to get enough plasteel and other resources to build the damn thing lol. Any ideas?

If you’re asking me, I literally don’t know. Sorry, bud. I just bought the game yesterday.

ChaDargo

Arcane

If you’re asking me, I literally don’t know. Sorry, bud. I just bought the game yesterday.

Sorry, meant to direct that to anyone in the thread :)

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Anybody know how to remove a Trait from the game, or from a mod?

You can use the scenario editor for that. Just "force" a trait for all characters and set it to 0% chance. I don't know if you can do it with traits added by mods though...

Zombra

Patron
You can use the scenario editor for that. Just "force" a trait for all characters and set it to 0% chance. I don't know if you can do it with traits added by mods though...
Nice - will this apply to NPCs, or just my starting colony?

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Nice - will this apply to NPCs, or just my starting colony?

You can choose to apply it only to the starting characters, only to the non player characters (so every pawn you'll fight/recruit won't have the trait, but your starting characters might) or to all characters.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

That would be correct. I actually have two installations of Rimworld on my PC, one heavily modded, one with just interface type of stuff, and all the mods for either one came from that site.

What other mods do you have with Save our ships? Depending on the case there's multiple approaches, mine for example is trading for organs from all my prisoners/drugs, second option is deep drilling, third i can manufactory then with chemfuel and steel, forth mechanoid disassemble. fifht way involve vegetable garden plasteel plants.

Close to vanilla your options would be farming mechanoids, trading and deep drilling was the main tree approaches and with luck finding the rare veins around the mountain ranges with each block giving 40 plasteel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom