Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Nemesis has a nose now!!!

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, I think some people forget how easy RE2 original was. The game threw ammo and recovery items at you. People complained back then that it was too easy compared to the first game.

The remake always seemed to find a way to drain your supplies just when you felt you were well stocked. Your characters were also way less durable, with a single attack dropping you a status level in most situations. Leon, in particular, could take rather a large amount of punishment in the original.

JDR13

Arcane
Yeah, I think some people forget how easy RE2 original was. The game threw ammo and recovery items at you. People complained back then that it was too easy compared to the first game.

The remake always seemed to find a way to drain your supplies just when you felt you were well stocked. Your characters were also way less durable, with a single attack dropping you a status level in most situations. Leon, in particular, could take rather a large amount of punishment in the original.

What difficulty did you play the remake on? Also, did the original RE2 have more than 1 difficulty to choose from? I can't remember.

Viata

Arcane
Also, did the original RE2 have more than 1 difficulty to choose from?
Funny you ask that because the only game I do remember having the option in the original trilogy was RE3. For 1, the difficulty was based on the character(Jill was easier than Chris) and 3 was pretty much if you want Nemesis to drop or not items.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

What difficulty did you play the remake on? Also, did the original RE2 have more than 1 difficulty to choose from? I can't remember.

First playthrough was on standard, I then switched to hardcore for later runs.

US/EU RE2 PS1 had two difficulties: easy (which started you with 250 pistol rounds iirc and reduced enemy damage a little bit), and normal. Later releases had some additional difficulties I believe.

Deflowerer

Arcane

PC and Dreamcast ports had the Nightmare difficulty. More comparable to harder difficulties on RE2make.

In the recent livestream of classic RE2 with Kamiya present, he mentioned that he wanted to make the game tougher but the upper management wanted the game to be more accessible.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
NETFLIX’S RESIDENT EVIL SERIES WILL STAR WESKER’S DAUGHTERS BILLIE AND JADE
Posted on January 30, 2020, 3:30 am By Billy D

Netflix’s Resident Evil series sounds woke and annoying, and I’m almost willing to bet one or both of Wesker’s daughters – born to different mothers – end up being annoying, insufferable lesbians who you can’t wait to see get offed.

The details come from a now retracted story from Splash Report.

But Netflix is filled with idiot diversity hires with low a I.Q., and forgot that articles are cached on search engines, so while those fools requested Splash Report to remove the story, we’ll just link you to the full details via the web cached archive.

You can read the full story there.

I’m not going to repeat verbatim what Splash Report wrote because a lot of it isn’t worth rewriting and is more angering than inspiring.

But the short gist of it is that the series takes place across two timelines and is obviously a female-led series starring half-sisters Billie and Jade, born from two different mothers but sharing the paternal bloodline of Resident Evil series regular villain, Albert Wesker. Given that this is Netflix, don’t expect both of them to be pure bloods.

The first part of the timeline takes place in 2022 as the viral outbreak begins to wreak havoc on a global scale. Wesker takes his two daughters to a pseudo-utopian town ran by Umbrella called Raccoon 2. The company is continuing to run experiments and testing, but obviously things go wrong. The series attempts to completely overhaul Wesker’s character as an older man (reportedly in his 60s) who is trying to raise his daughters while carrying out Umbrella’s demands.

The descriptions for both Billie and Jade are already unbearably cringe-worthy, hitting all the typical tropes of every feminist-led series on television and streaming services. Splash Report details the two characters as follows…

“[…] Jade is a wise-cracking, vulgar girl who is simultaneously charming and annoying to people around her. She seems to make friends rather quickly and is incredibly friendly. In direct contrast with her sister, Billie, who is antisocial and shy- she also has a crippling anger management problem. The dynamic between these two is central to the series, bouncing between love and hate- classic sibling rivalry. And their differing perspectives on their father create some interesting conflict for the show to explore.”

The lesbianism is already oozing off these two rejects, not unlike those other mannish-twins from Wolfenstein: Youngblood, where they replaced B.J’s son with two fraternal twins who act extremely masculine, and very much like lesbians.

It’s the typical subversion trope: put two females in roles usually dedicated to males, have them act manly, and then hook them up with women.

It’s become a tired and repetitive story beat across all of media.

Screw anybody who justifies it.

Anyway, the second half of the story takes place in 2036, after the world has been ravaged and 6 billion people have turned to zombies. Only small pockets of humanity exist and Jade is researching the zombies in order to find out more about them.

There’s a boss battle against a giant caterpillar zombie, and a group of survivors who come to Jade’s aid, but apparently they’re also evil.

Given that it’s a Netflix series, don’t expect any straight white males to be heroic in the show. Expect a bunch of half-breeds and immigrants to be propped up as heroes. And expect one of, or both, of the leads to be lesbians, because… Netflix.

Screw this show.

(Thanks for the news tip xrnzaaas)

Deleted member 7219

In the recent livestream of classic RE2 with Kamiya present, he mentioned that he wanted to make the game tougher but the upper management wanted the game to be more accessible.
Which is why the Japanese version of the original RE2 is easier than what west got.
Explain why this post is retadred, Rean.

Sorry, it isn’t retarded. I picked the wrong rating. Fat thumbs on my phone screen.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
I can't imagine how the J version of the original could be even easier than the western one, which was essentially a de facto third person action game where you can kill everything.

Even more ammo, less enemy HP and, if I'm remembering correctly, less enemies.

The sourcenext PC port from 2006 includes both the western and J difficulty settings, I played through the J difficulty as I was curious. It is stupidly easy.

Viata

Arcane
The japanese version of RE2: Dual Shock Ver. comes with both difficulty, which was the version used to every other port. It also had different locations for items and so on.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I can't imagine how the J version of the original could be even easier than the western one, which was essentially a de facto third person action game where you can kill everything.

You'll have ammo problems if you actually fight Nemesis though, to my memory. In the U.S. version at least.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

You'll have ammo problems if you actually fight Nemesis though, to my memory. In the U.S. version at least.
Was referring to the J version of RE2.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron

It depended how good you were are at exploiting using the gunpowder system.

The gunpowder system in RE3 was pretty overpowered if you knew the combinations and how to maximise output.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
RE8 stuff:

https://wccftech.com/new-re8-rumors-emerge-as-netflix-resident-evil-adaptation-pops-up-too/

• the rumor that the game had been scrapped and development started over (several times) is wrong
  • discussions about the logo design and if the game has an “8” in the title are useless at this point since things can still change a lot
  • release is maybe in 1.5 – 2 years
  • setting: Eastern Europe or an adjacent country to that area
  • village & a snowy landscape
  • castle, but it’s smaller than the one from Resident Evil 4
  • medieval setting and enemy designs
  • not actual werewolves, but wolf-like creatures
  • one or more witches will be hunting Ethan
  • even though it sounds like the Hookman from 3.5, it’s something new
  • zombies are wearing knight armor & wield swords
  • more action-heavy than Resident Evil 7, closer to Not a Hero gameplay-wise
  • director has been with Capcom for a while & didn’t change/leave (correction from previous post)
  • director was previously a behind the scenes executive producer who directed one game
  • Chris returns, but with a twist
  • no spoilers here, but a hint in the video’s outro (no German skills needed to understand it) “No, it can’t be! Why you?!”

:bounce:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom