Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter I'm going to leave RPGcodex

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
for the duration it takes to play through each high quality turn based tactical combat RPG recommended to me in this thread which I haven't played already and which can run on my laptop.*
Wizard's Crown
Demon's Winter
Pool of Radiance
Curse of the Azure Bonds
Secret of the Silver Blades
Pools of Darkness
Champions of Krynn
Death Knights of Krynn
Dark Queen of Krynn
Gateway to the Savage Frontier
Treasure of the Savage Frontier
Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday
Buck Rogers: Matrix Cubed
Halls of the Dead: Faery Tale Adventure II

I can see a trend there

Ranarama

Learned
for the duration it takes to play through each high quality turn based tactical combat RPG recommended to me in this thread which I haven't played already and which can run on my laptop.*
Wizard's Crown
Demon's Winter
Pool of Radiance
Curse of the Azure Bonds
Pools of Darkness
Champions of Krynn
Death Knights of Krynn
Dark Queen of Krynn

I can see a trend there

What are we? Some sort of Strategic Simulations Incorporated?

Divine Blessing

Scholar
i ve been there, oversexed and underfucked looking for a new hype or at least some leisure time until i the sober realisation: i already played em all.
i scrolled 600 Steam store pages, GoG, the various forums to confirm this very insight: i already played em all, there is nothing new, no innovation.

so my options r to replay my favorites or innovate the next quantum leap in RPG evolution. and being fed the same systems over and over again, where differences r mere cosmetical is like drowning in variations of hot chocolade, my preference is to reach for the stars, to evolve from boring consumerism to innovative creation.

Viata

Arcane
Wizard's Crown
Demon's Winter
Pool of Radiance
Curse of the Azure Bonds
Pools of Darkness
Champions of Krynn
Death Knights of Krynn
Dark Queen of Krynn

sorry but im not playing shit that's older than me

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

Pleasure doing business with you.

*excluding underrail
You should list these games.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
Give specs. Give list of games you played - approximate.

Can't just ask for stuff without giving parameters.
ok, sorry
Played games:
Everything from Irontower
Everything from Troika
Everything from Obsidian
Everything from Larian(they were all garbage btw, fuck this shit company)
Everything from Bioware
Everything from Harebrained
First two Fallouts, Battle Brothers, Invisible Inc., Wasteland 2(garbage), Both Expeditions(Conquistador was better), Witcher series, Darklands, Planescape(i'm not playing the "spiritual successor"), Neo Scavenger, Mordheim, King of Dragon Pass*, The modern Xcoms, possibly some others I don't remember now

SPECS:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (8 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Card name: AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x15D8)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Display Memory: 4114 MB
Dedicated Memory: 112 MB
Shared Memory: 4001 MB

I refuse to play blobbers or those fucking boomer menu based rpgs

you really should. some ancient computer games have aged very well, like wasteland 1
sorry but I just can't, graphics matter as much as music when it comes to the overall impression of the game, like it's literally not possible for me to enjoy those ancient games

*this one doesnt count as garbage menu based game because it actually looks good

Last edited:

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
No they don't and I played Gothics too.

I didn't list all the games I played just those I consider relevant to the thread topic.

Paper

Educated
my dad wanted to play Trivial Pursuit the other day but I told him he was a boomer and that the graphics suck, that really put him in his place!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom