Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Der Geisterturm - second cyberpunk wireframe dungeon crawler from Graverobber Foundation

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Did some final polishing and uploaded the release version.

Guess it's time to get some rest. :positive:

lightbane

Arcane
Were you able to implement melee weapons of some sort, or is the tech nowadays still too primitive to allow such features?
What about having an actual ending this time?
:troll:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Were you able to implement melee weapons of some sort, or is the tech nowadays still too primitive to allow such features?
Check the OP. Most of the important additions are listed there.

Melee weapons didn't make the cut for this scenario, although I'd like to add them in a limited capacity in future ones.

What about having an actual ending this time?
Sure, and it spells everything out for you, after all, making people guess and come up with their own conclusions is asking too much. Hell, putting actual gameplay into a game is already an outdated concept that should've stayed in 1992.
:troll:

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks nice. Perhaps you may want try again with GOG now that they seem to be more receptive towards crawlers?

lightbane

Arcane
Chrome Hounds? I see someone is a fan of Armored Core. Too bad mecha games are lately dwindling. Oh well, tomorrow it comes!

lightbane

Arcane
It is coming! IN 6 hours or so. Can we have a spoiler about how much will this cost? I won't be able to play this immediately nor I usually make D1P, but I'll make an exception for a fellow Codexer, perhaps.
However... *checks video* Forced tutorial? Free save anywhere? Clearly visible mines? :decline:
Zwang has already taken the first steps towards the curse that is "streamlining". Robotic horse armor and PS4 version when?

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
It is coming! IN 6 hours or so. Can we have a spoiler about how much will this cost? I won't be able to play this immediately nor I usually make D1P, but I'll make an exception for a fellow Codexer, perhaps.
$14.99 for the base game, $6.99 for the soundtrack.

Clearly visible mines?
You still have to approach them for the first time in order to detect them. :positive:

Not gonna lie, a few things have been streamlined:
  • Jammers aren't present in this scenario, so interference cannot be removed to make your life easier.
  • Armor upgrades are applied on the spot.
  • Repair stations fully restore your DC, but you get a small max penalty to the max DC based on how much damage you took.
  • You can find ammo in the dungeon.
  • Instead of entering the crippled state (thus losing the ability to move and becoming near-useless), robots get huge stat penalties instead after taking a ton of damage, and the same thing applies to the player as well.
And in general, it's a more linear and straightforward scenario compared to DGS and has a similar length (6-8 hours). Most of these changes are the result of a tight schedule rather than an attempt to appeal to the wider audience.

On the other side of the coin, the game is more advanced than the original when it comes to game mechanics and tech, so that pretty much compensates for the changes listed above.

Codex Year of the Donut
Released:

ss_28d58b6f8efd8436272ab047cae4f48a95566c88.1920x1080.jpg
Gonna chime in with some shilling.

gonna be honest, the game reminds me of virtual boy and I get a headache thinking about it
unless you're really tied to the red color I'd suggest doing a re-release in blue or something :lol:

ss_37e5a5f23b58dea90eac88dcb0701f0e7c29ab8e.1920x1080.jpg

vs
image.png

:positive:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Where is soundtrack? I need these phat tunes in my life! I stole the previews off Youtube.
It was supposed to be released simultaneously with the base game, but I ran into a weird issue and I'm waiting for the response from Steam support to sort that out.

Thank you for your patience.

Jinn

Arcane
Bought to support my boy ZZ, and hopefully help fund a certain project I would love to see from him in the future!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom