Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Captain Tsubasa Rise of New Champions

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I almost got crippled for life when I was a kid trying to emulate twin brothers techniques. Worth it.

hqdefault.jpg

Silentstorm

Learned
Anime fifa will always be a good gaming idea.
It will probably also have more stats then the the codex goty disco Elysium.
Probably, also, this feels like a much less insane Inazuma Eleven, in that it doesn't have kids powered up by an evil meteor, or evil time travelers playing soccer, or a galactic tournament battle royale where only the team that wins gets to have their planet survive and etc.

Captain Tsubasa seems to be far more sane and normal.

Felix

Arcane
The things I like about Captain Tsubasa is the skills look ridiculous it's awesome.

I like emo Levin way better than the 'reformed' one, he just doesn't give a shit.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
i watched last years anime adaption and it was god awful.

game looks janky as hell

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dunno, I like how it looks. It is janky yes, but it reminds me of those old arcade football games, and most of us boomers did not get a chance to play a Captain Tsubasa game when we were kids, so I'll probably buy it, to play with my boomer friends. Captain Tsubasa was super popular here in Third Worldia during the 90's

Video reference for millenials

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I liked this Neo Geo arcade football game when I was a kid. Lots of coins got into this machine. Good times.

Melcar

Arcane
Back in Junior High School we would go to a nearby store after classes and play the arcade cabinets with those games. They were fun.

Silentstorm

Learned
That always happens in sports anime/manga to be fair, a lot of likely dead minutes and it's only on the last half-hour or whatever where things truly happen, and i haven't seen/read Captain Tsubasa since i was young, but i assume things like that happened in the story too and they will want to put some of it into the game.

Maybe a way for a losing player to catch up to the enemy.

Melcar

Arcane
That always happens in sports anime/manga to be fair, a lot of likely dead minutes and it's only on the last half-hour or whatever where things truly happen, and i haven't seen/read Captain Tsubasa since i was young, but i assume things like that happened in the story too and they will want to put some of it into the game.

I remember entire episodes of a kid just preparing for his shot.

Silentstorm

Learned
That's...just ridiculous but i can believe it, pretty sure the game will try to thankfully avoid that.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I remember entire episodes of a kid just preparing for his shot.
With that Hyuga dude his shot would take a week minimum.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom