Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mark Kern announces Firefall spiritual successor Ember

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Important question answered:

A sample of this guy's work:

D7caFvQWwAAbivt.jpg:large

Gerrard

Arcane
This game was "announced" like 5 years ago. Also Mark Kern is a scam artist who has killed at least 3 games, and he's been going all "How do you do fellow gamers?" on Twitter any time there's some controversy.

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
I put a dollar into this back when they gave a shit ton of benefits to backers on Indiegogo. If it's any good, cool. I liked Firefall.

ADL

Prophet
yeah, because such immortal masterpiece as firefall truly deserved a successor.
It unironically does. Firefall was a very interesting game ruined by everyone involved. Mark Kern allegedly fucked up as director and being a terrible studio lead in general, the publisher didn't understand what they had and why people were playing it giving bad directives to the people making it. The awful business model didn't help much either.

Oh well. Hindsight is 20/20 and something interesting might come of this.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
:( I still miss Firefall. Something about the aerial mobility, open world and getting around with gliders and LGV really made it something. Warframe is too ground bound and shackled with 4 player lobby missions, I suppose Anthem is similar with its lobby garbage system.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Its still installed on my steam, I did use the launcher to start it most of the time though

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Ah, that's why, they required their own ghey launcher.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom