Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I don't think so. By cheesing, do you mean taking advantage of FA working with Haste?

I mean by pick-pocketing Arundel + Orrick in Kuldahar for their FA rings (and reloading if you fail).

(And Oswald for Ring of Protection +2.)

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
No, I never pickpocket in CRPGs. It's just too "binary", with the cost of failure generally being too high.

You could also force-attack and slay Orrick outright for his FA ring (cheese). Consequence being -5 rep and no spell scrolls from him for the rest of the campaign. And no quest reward if you do it pre-Severed Hand.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I don't think so. By cheesing, do you mean taking advantage of FA working with Haste?

I mean by pick-pocketing Arundel + Orrick in Kuldahar for their FA rings (and reloading if you fail).

No, I never pickpocket in CRPGs. It's just too "binary", with the cost of failure generally being too high.

I don't either, mostly because I find it just not very useful. Most of what you can pickpocket you can get easier other ways and most of the stuff is just generic items anyway

The only way it would work is if many NPCs have unique items you can't get any other way, thought a lot of people would just save scum it, which kinda feels stupid as well

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I don't either, mostly because I find it just not very useful. Most of what you can pickpocket you can get easier other ways and most of the stuff is just generic items anyway

Not really true in IWD. Also, some RPGs don't have binary pick-pocketing mechanics, such as NWN. Others just inform you of failure or yield is proportionate to skill.

(I agree that IE pick-pocketing mechanics are shit.)

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Kivan displeased his mistress and into the iggy bin he went.

baldur%2527s%2Bgate%2Bmaximum%2Bmelee%2Bdamage.jpg

Fairfax

Arcane
These are an amusing reminder that criticals and backstabs are some of the worst changes that BioWare made when adapting the ruleset. :M

biggestboss

Liturgist
I just noticed Lilura deleted her most recent post, understable to deny her competition any possible advantage or knowledge. :obviously:

Fairfax

Arcane
https://lilura1.blogspot.com/2020/0...st-Armor-Class-AC-Lords-The-Supertankers.html
To put it simply, AC represents the ability of the character to dodge incoming melee and ranged attacks, thereby avoiding damage.

That's an oversimplification. :negative: AC is not just ability to dodge, but also ability to deflect and absorb hits.
The part about THAC0 is also wrong:
To put it simply, our To Hit Armor Class Zero aka THAC0 score measures our accuracy in landing a hit in melee or from range.

THAC0 measures the relative ability to land a successful attack, which represents more than just accuracy. And contrary to what BioWare says in the manuals and what's usually represented in games, an unsuccessful attack isn't necessarily a miss. As explained in the 1E DMG:
During a one-minute melee round many attacks are made, but some are mere feints, while some are blocked or parried. One, or possibly several, have the chance to actually score damage. For such chances, the dice are rolled, and if the “to hit” number is equalled or exceeded, the attack was successful, but otherwise it too was avoided, blocked, parried, or whatever.

(The above also shows why the fake attacks in BG are actually a decently faithful adaptation.)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's important for authoritative sources to be as accurate as possible and not spread misinformation. I'm disappointed.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's important for authoritative sources to be as accurate as possible and not spread misinformation. I'm disappointed.
Old news. Lilura has decent content sometimes and is a fun poster, but is wrong about loads of shit. No idea why you and others worshiped her.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Old news. Lilura has decent content sometimes and is a fun poster, but is wrong about loads of shit. No idea why you and others worshiped her.

I think they are taking the piss of Lilura, taking advantage of her obvious lack of self-consciousness. That's a bit malicious, but kinda understandable.

But if they are frank in their bootlicking... that's simply pitiful.

Last edited:

Latro

Arcane
She did :obviously: LPs before most of you joined the Codex. Before the blog was even a thing.

Can't judge her other content in terms of accuracy, being a non-expert myself. It's clearly a work of passion, though - I can respect that.
I was looking at her older NWN posts and it's pretty clear she's always been passionate about the genre; she's a far better contributor than Disco Elysium cocksuckers.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Most compliments I receive on the 'Dex are false flattery or backhands stemming from butthurt, so thanks guys!

PrettyDeadman

Hello. How are you? Please remove Roguey from your ignore list. Thank you.
RE: Please transmit my message to lilura and also ask her to unignore me.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom