Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

vota DC

Augur
Still few variables for Tribunal. The disaster results would be good as a middle result.
1)All done correctly: 2 mercenaries dead, 1 wounded and captured so can be interrogated. 1 hardies dead because shot and 1 dead because heart attack like Donny of Big Lebowski
2)Good result. 3 mercenaries and 3 hardies dead.
3)Middle result. 2 hardies survived and Kim wounded.
4)Bad result. Hardies dead, Kim dead, lawyer dead and mercenaries dead.
5)Disaster result. You wake up in another place. Hardies and Kim dead and a mercenary trashed the cafeteria killing everyone inside, then attacked the dockyard until he was put down.

Wow, that's some nice variability here. I've got 3rd and thought there are 2 others outcomes top.
Nah that was just a proposal. Right now you have just just these variables

Kim dies or gets wounded
Mercenaries die or get wounded....but not dialogue of them captured so they always die.
Titus, lawyer and another hardies can die if you get wrong dialogues and don't hit mercenary leader.
One hardies Is always shot in front of you, fat one and old one die when you are ko. Always.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
open the secret bunker
You can't open it. Rolled two six and it didn't open.
Can't be! Lies! Heresy!

Another fake check iirc is dodging the bullet in fight sequence.

Also the Reaction Speed check to catch the pages of the detective novel that fly away, in the bookstore. Fails even with legitimately acquired 14 (+ 6 = 20, so Impossible) Reaction Speed.

2) the game design really does prevent you from "gaining details or insight into suspects' exact methods and/or motives." -> final island is simply not reachable until the design allows you -> the phasmid ending is meaningless.

The game also restricts you from obtaining the secret passage key -- the skill check involving the window behind the Hardie Boys -- if you resolve the murder on the first day or so. There is a massive -10 (or something, I can't exactly recall) malus to Perception, saying "it's not yet time."

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
The game also restricts you from obtaining the secret passage key -- the skill check involving the window behind the Hardie Boys -- even if you resolve the murder on the first day or so. There is a massive -10 (or something, I can't exactly recall) malus to Perception, saying "it's not yet time."
Actually, I was able to see that key. You just need to do it later. I don't recall exactly when the time is right though.

vota DC

Augur
I always go to klaasje from the secret passage since my first play. In fact I didn't knew why they put "oooh here Is someone behind bedroom door" since I always entered in her bedroom after speaking with her. Only time I didn't was when I tried to lose on purpose.

Viata

Arcane
The game also restricts you from obtaining the secret passage key -- the skill check involving the window behind the Hardie Boys -- even if you resolve the murder on the first day or so. There is a massive -10 (or something, I can't exactly recall) malus to Perception, saying "it's not yet time."
From what I have read, not even two six helps you on that.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Actually, I was able to see that key. You just need to do it later. I don't recall exactly when the time is right though.

Yes, I misplaced an "even" in my original statement. You are able to see the key during a normal playthrough: It's just that the game sees fit to arbitrarily and inelegantly slow your progress.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Was this supposed to send a message? That life is random and not really satisfying? That random stuff happens? That the ghost of a long unresolved problems such as the violent crushing of a revolution came back to haunt the city of Revachol?

Heh, Logos laden Torment wins out in the end hey?

Kinda like that thing i was talking about how art is demeaned by its subversive nature even when it is made with skill.

Wasted potential if you ask me.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Wasted potential if you ask me.

Wasted potential are people who are arguing about "this is not proper rpg" and mechanics instead of existencially experiencing the thing itself and share their impressions. Probably just not capable to do it (did you actually played the game, LS?).

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Still few variables for Tribunal. The disaster results would be good as a middle result.
1)All done correctly: 2 mercenaries dead, 1 wounded and captured so can be interrogated. 1 hardies dead because shot and 1 dead because heart attack like Donny of Big Lebowski
5)Disaster result. You wake up in another place. Hardies and Kim dead and a mercenary trashed the cafeteria killing everyone inside, then attacked the dockyard until he was put down.

Wow, that's some nice variability here. I've got 3rd and thought there are 2 others outcomes top.
There is more than that because I got Kim alive (though can’t remember if wounded) and almost all Hardies dead so a mix of 4 and 3

vota DC

Augur

There is more than that because I got Kim alive (though can’t remember if wounded) and almost all Hardies dead so a mix of 4 and 3
3 Is current Disaster result, 2 Is current perfect result. The other are just proposals.

One hardies will flee if you buy time with dialogue or he will die.
Titus Is determinant if you killed mercenary leader.
Other 3 will always die. The hardies are always 7 regardless Ruby fate so 2 or 3 or 4 survivors among them.
You can still obtain a good result if you are clueless about investigation but with more difficult checks, for example even know about hanged man eye colour helps

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Let's get Disco Elysium another award: https://gdconf.com/news/cast-your-vote-2020-igf-and-game-developers-choice-audience-awards

Cast Your Vote In The 2020 IGF And Game Developers Choice Audience Awards!

47379937952_fa63ba8c7b_c.jpg

Game Developers Conference organizers are pleased to announce that online voting for the Audience Awards for both the 2020 Game Developers Choice Awards and the Independent Games Festival Awards is now open through next Monday, February 10th at 11:59pm PT!

Cast your vote now and spread the word! Public votes will help determine the winners, which will be announced live during the ceremonies on Wednesday, March 18th, as part of the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco.

All GDC 2020 pass-holders are invited to attend the award ceremonies, which will also be livestreamed on the official GDC Twitch channel at 6:30 PM PT beginning with the IGF Awards, followed by the GDCAs.

Anyone who would like to vote for the GDCA and IGF Audience Awards can cast their votes using the links below. Voters will need to select the finalist/game they are voting for, along with a valid email address.
The Game Developers Choice Awards are the leading peer-based video game awards show celebrating the industry’s top games and developers. Alongside them, the IGF Awards honor the most innovative and exemplary projects in indie game development.

Every year both award ceremonies recognize the creativity, artistry and technical genius of the finest developers and games. It's always a show to behold, so make time to check both out (in person or live on stream) when GDC returns to San Francisco this year!

GDC 2020 runs from Monday, March 16th through Friday, March 20th. This will be the 34th edition of GDC, and now that registration is officially open, you'll want to take a look at the (ever-expanding) session schedule and your GDC pass options -- register early to lock in the best price!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeTacQH48tk2FbXrueMIFOctCSlRn-2lYECPPBn1BNQwl5DMg/viewform

Apparently the game is too successful to be considered "indie" now.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Apparently the game is too successful to be considered "indie" now.
It's about the dev cycle that makes a game indie or not. Not the outcome.

This feels so weird... how everyone appropriates things.
I mean, I am happy that people are giving this game attention and that money is going to hard working people, that put blood, sweat and tears into it, but at the same time it feels awkward how many are jumping on the bandwagon just because they don't want to be perceived as "uncool".

As much as I'm trolling the butthurts as per what they are (especially here on the Codex), at least most of them express genuine concerns and opinion (or at least most of them).

It's sad to see most of the Internet being echo-chamber central, is all I'm saying.

Harthwain

Magister
The definition of indie makes no sense in gaming anyway.
Because...? It literally means a studio that's independent from the publisher, who has the resources to sustain itself in order to make games.

Viata

Arcane
The definition of indie makes no sense in gaming anyway.
Because...? It literally means a studio that's independent from the publisher, who has the resources to sustain itself in order to make games.
Because a studio like Platinum Games is considered indie(it even used to have on their site "Platinum Games in an indie game development studio...") yet all their games were published by some big company.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom