Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Codex Year of the Donut
Is the combat really a complete disaster? How much of it is there?
Combat isn't great but IMO the rest of the game made up for it. The Styx games are based upon one of the characters, BTW — they're both prequels to this game.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ds1ou3uo0rc41.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut
Is the combat really a complete disaster? How much of it is there?
Combat isn't great but IMO the rest of the game made up for it. The Styx games are based upon one of the characters, BTW — they're both prequels to this game.
also, IIRC you should increase Styx's survivability when you level up or else it's possible to get to a point where you can't actually progress the game any further(without spoilering anything)

Codex Year of the Donut
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut is on sale at 90% off, it's a trilogy stitched together to make one large game. I liked it, it's worth it at this price.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Just realized that I've never played STALKER before. Already own Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat, should I skip or get Shadow of Chernobyl?

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Just realized that I've never played STALKER before. Already own Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat, should I skip or get Shadow of Chernobyl?
why would you skip the first game in series? Stalker isn't some kind of mount and blade where you can skip the first one.
That's... actually my impression + reviews mentioning that CoP is way less buggy.

Screw Metro Exodus Steam release then. I now have 3 ruski fps to drink vodka to :positive:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Grabbed Terminator: Resistance and XCOM 2. Can't even remember how many years it has been when I last bought two (2) games on a sale. The Terminator game is pretty good tbh. I don't really care much for the movies, but the (future) setting is neat and pew pewing cool looking robots is never not fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom