Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The List of Incline - 2020 Edition

Which of these games are you looking forward to? (multiple responses allowed)

• Total voters

Viata

Arcane
The third Expeditions game from Logic Artists, still unannounced. Possibly Expeditions: Rome.
I wish they went for something different. Expedition: North/South Pole or Expedition: Great Khan.

EnthalpyFlow

Scholar
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I've been keeping tabs on Monomyth and it looks too good to be true. Here's hoping this is a good one.

I've backed Copper Dreams and so far so good. The visual changes are pretty neat and with the injury and crafting systems is looking promising.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's going to be a pretty intense February in general. Colony Ship combat demo, Stoneshard Early Access and Beautiful Desolation are supposed to be coming out. And at the end, the reveal of Baldur's Gate III.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also that Dark Crystal Tactics game and the cyberpunk blobber Conglomerate 451. +M

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer

Pearass

Educated
Extremely excited for Colony Ship. For years I have been yearning for a truly unique space location for an RPG, and it seems we finally have a great one. Of course, everyone knows at this point the track record that Vince and the rest of the gang have, so it's safe to say it's in great hands!

Although I am very eager to play, these things take time. There's no reason to rush it, as it will be all the better when it's done. Much love to Iron Tower!

Reality

Learned
Jupiter Hell roadmap has it leaving early access in 2020. Keep all talk of rougelikes in the leper colony.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I have been yearning for a truly unique space location for an RPG
Insomnia the ark
https://af.gog.com/game/insomnia_the_ark?as=1649904300
If you have played it, how good is it? Mostly, how good is the combat in it?
I am replaying it now and having a blast with it. The game is janky but most of the bugs have been fixed. I am having a smooth sailing with it now,there are a few unfixed shit that doesn't really affect the gameplay,like magic traps having an обезвреди action and not disarm one. The combat could be pretty good when it clicks,but is janky in general. Which makes it pretty hard,at the beginning you get killed in like 2-3 shots. The biggest problem in the combat is that it is projectile line of sight shooting,which means that some time it is hard to know if you will hit the cover or the dude. The melee is directional combat and not auto connect,the biggest negative is that you get downed too fast and pure melee build is hard,tho there are shields in the game,but haven't tried them. Once you get used to it,it feels satisfying to me. Also don't go for full on melee build,i am running with rifle and melee and it is fun. The levelling system is not very well balanced and it could feel kind off stingy when it comes down to points,i would recommend using cheatenigne and getting the utility that will make the game more fun to play,and then just level the combat and important skills with the normal levelling.

In the end i can't recommend it for a fullprice buy for most people. It is a niche 2A game with some problems,but if you like similar games,it is good. But in general i would recommend at least checking it out,watch some youtube or pirate it and buy it if you like it. I enjoyed it enough to buy it on gog during the sale. The setting and the writing is good enough to peek my interest in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Real Fanboy
It's going to be a pretty intense February in general. Colony Ship combat demo, Stoneshard Early Access and Beautiful Desolation are supposed to be coming out. And at the end, the reveal of Baldur's Gate III.

And To All The Boys 2: PS I Still Love You is coming out on Netflix!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous now on Kickstarter. Estimated delivery date: June 2021.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom