Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demystifying the swarms meme, by anon.

Shadenuat

Arcane
overzealous ass hats are the beauty of codex

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Power Attack + Dragon Style(Unarmed)...
Wow, thanks, a lot of a nice pictures here, and I just tried to ask whether Style Strikes (Defensive Spin, Leg Swipe, Hummerblow and Shattering Punch) are working when monk has his class weapon equipped. I guess it came out wrong...

Right now it seem that they should work in PnP (at least some) but Owlcat likes monks so much that it does not in-game.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
ga♥ Yup rewatching it the third time is still awesome. Congratulations mate. I loved how the stupid spawn turned into cinder and ash.

I was supposed to have 1 more attack per round, no idea where it went, probably 2.0.8 broke something idk.
Btw if you change your party composition with other companions you can kill it 100% (E.g Valerie out for Amiri and/or getting in Ekundayo), you can see it's perfectly doable.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
ga♥ Yup rewatching it the third time is still awesome. Congratulations mate. I loved how the stupid spawn turned into cinder and ash.

I was supposed to have 1 more attack per round, no idea where it went, probably 2.0.8 broke something idk.
Btw if you change your party composition with other companions you can kill it 100% (E.g Valerie out for Amiri and/or getting in Ekundayo) you can see it's perfectly doable.
Hm. Thanks. But since I am wasting my life making absolutely no progress with unfair iron man. I have no idea if I will ever make it to spawn.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
How do you fuck the redhead?
OH NO NO! MONK BROS! GET IN HERE!
rL1ziPd.png
AGTDw36.png
0gEgsOr.png

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Is the last pic from the DLC in rogue mode? I see you are already lvl20 and everyone else has a custom portrait. Do you get artisan items in the DLC (Great dreamer's smile)?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Is the last pic from the DLC in rogue mode? I see you are already lvl20 and everyone else has a custom portrait. Do you get artisan items in the DLC (Great dreamer's smile)?
Yeah that was a level 20 dungeon run.
>Do you get artisan items in the DLC (Great dreamer's smile)?
All of the loot from the main game is in the DLC dungeon. Including companion equipment. Like Amiri's big bastard sword.

Funnily enough I lost that run after my monk got squashed to death by the golems here:
8qXIq2V.png

After you reach floor 100. The game spams you with the most awful encounters. Autumn golems and monarchs will go through monks like they're made out of paper on unfair.

Last edited:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
What was your party composition? I tried to force me to start a run... but honestly not very motivated. The dungeon isn't really the best part of the game.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
What was your party composition? I tried to force me to start a run... but honestly not very motivated. The dungeon isn't really the best part of the game.
It was a four man run. 1 monk(Pure), A mad dog barbarian with a leopard(Pure Barb), Two Handed ranged user that is spec'ed into using composite longbows(Pure), a alchemist grenadier(Pure), and a scroll savant wizard(That one is pure too). The party managed to reach floor 100 on unfair. But we ultimately met our demise around floor 110 I believe. Autumn golems went through my monk like he was made out of wet tissue paper. Once the monk went down, everybody else went down.

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Daidre Here is that monk thingy that you requested:
I started with style strike defensive spin, because it's easier to test.
Unarmed:
zm2ugbX.png

Quarter staff:
I1EoBzc.png

Defensive spin off:
Unarmed:
zBxCV8T.png

Quarter staff:
1dpJSQX.png

I think it's bugged. The damn thing was still applying even after I turned it off. It was also working with quarter staff.

Sjukob

Arcane
Comparing classes in this game is easy, it goes something like this

The bestest: Vivisectionist and kineticist

The best: Pet classes, grenadier, sorcerer, sword saint, eldritch scion

The rest: Every other class

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Why does literally every build have dazzling display? I've never seen so many people jizz over a measly -2 debuff.
Because of Ineffect. A lot of his min maxed builds use that feat. As a result people mindlessly follow his builds without questioning why he chose the feats he chose.

hell bovine

Arcane
The problem was that the myth never died. People are still parroting that meme to this day.
it's not a problem. developers done bad job, they now have worse rep. should have done better job. bad encounters deserve to be hurt back.

I am personally sick and tired of the fact that people who make RPGs cannot make a decent introduction dungeon for the sake of their lives aka 3 rooms with 1 enemy 3 enemies and 2 optional difficult enemies; or that developers still furiously copypasting same mob 15-30-50 times per dungeon.
Yeah, I like PK but I agree on the dungeon design. And it's not just about intros, late game has the same problem. The dragon lair was probably the biggest let down for me (just compare that to Firkraag's lair in BG2).

hell bovine

Arcane
I am personally sick and tired of the fact that people who make RPGs cannot make a decent introduction dungeon for the sake of their lives aka 3 rooms with 1 enemy 3 enemies and 2 optional difficult enemies; or that developers still furiously copypasting same mob 15-30-50 times per dungeon.

when you're making baldrusgate you must do well 2 things: monsters and loot. if you can't do it even though you have examples of it done right (like BG2) write romances instead.

BG2 itself did starting dungeon so right that the first mention of it was provoking rants about how much everyone hate Chateau Irenicus for a 20 years after release(!).
That's the modern (read: beamdog) fanbase. I've played BG2 when it came out and I don't recall many complaints about the intro dungeon back then.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Why does literally every build have dazzling display? I've never seen so many people jizz over a measly -2 debuff.
most mobs get their AC not from armor but from exorbitant stats, and therefore lose most of their AC while flatfooted. Shatter defenses let's you attack flatfooted AC if the enemy is shaken, frightened, or panicked. An easy way to make enemies shaken is Dazzling Display, it's also easy to reach high DCs with it.
But you can also make them shaken with other stuff like bards dirge of doom. A single dazzle bot who does nothing but make the enemies shaken each round and all the rest of the party having Shatter defenses means you will always attack flatfooted AC. Your party damage output will skyrocket because even all those iterative attacks with little AB will likely hit.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
It's a lot of feats though. 3 to reach shatter defenses. Maybe it can have some use until midgame (but again it's 3 feats and requires 6 BAB so at best level 6 with a full BAB class, level 8 with a 3/4 BAB, and I don't think there's a point for 1/2 BAB classes). By late game you rarely miss with all the AB bonuses from items unless you did something really wrong with your builds.

Maybe it's needed on unfair? On hard I never felt I had trouble hitting mid game.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
Why do people even whine about swarms when you can turn the difficulty down to story at any point?

If can't beat something reduce the difficulty and turn it back up afterwards.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom