Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Absinthe

Arcane
I don't really see that in the logs.
Here:
Code:
╔═══════════╤═══════════╤═══════════╤═══════════╤═══════╗
║Class      │Spec       │Average    │Max        │Parses ║
╠═══════════╪═══════════╪═══════════╪═══════════╪═══════╣
║Hunter     │DPS        │88.60      │127.80     │383,636║
║Druid      │Feral      │80.42      │132.06     │49,775 ║
╚═══════════╧═══════════╧═══════════╧═══════════╧═══════╝
As you can see, top Feral Druid DPS exceeds top Hunter DPS. Well-played Feral Druids compete well with Hunters in DPS, but then again neither of them are considered particularly desirable as DPS.

Feral Druids don't seem to do too well on the AoE bosses (at least at the 99th percentile, haven't really checked lower end logs), while they do okay on the more bursty single target encounters.
I expect that even in the 99th percentile there aren't a lot of Feral Druids who understand you should drop out of Feral and AoE with Hurricane. So they probably stay in Feral. Also if the fight has heavy nature resistance, Hurricane is obviously going to do less damage.

But current content is anomalous anyway. Warriors will continue to be the best dps by numbers through vanilla but currently we have 20sec-1min fights and Death Wish lasts for 30sec, so for many of them warriors have 100% uptime on their major cooldown.
That would definitely have unusual results on DPS. It also means Warriors and Rogues can Rage Pot and Thistle Tea early for even bigger damage spikes.

Nope, that's what it's like on the EU servers as well. Stacking Warrior DPS in raids is how it's done. I don't know what madness possessed Jasede to make him think that rolling a DPS Warrior will somehow exclude him from joining a raid guild but a Hunter of all classes won't. Most guilds already have their Hunters and they only need one or two because we know how their raid DPS will become irrelevant in the future so no one is willing to invest in them anymore.
Hunters are the red-headed stepchild of the DPS classes, but they can contribute later on by stacking a lot of on-hit procs, swinging a Nightfall, and spamming Rank 1 Wing Clip non-stop to proc it. Something tells me that will be just about Jasede's least favorite way of playing a Hunter though.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
When i did the powershifting thing as feral i didn't really use Pummeler ALL the time because the real reason you are in the raid is for the feral aura. This means you can save the pummelers for choice encounters. Nobody is going to expect you be top dps so nobody is even looking at your performance (unless you really suck).

I mean, sure, if you wanna go all out, farm that thing all day, but as autistic as i am i'm not THAT autistic. Of course, the fact my raiding guild had an heavy schedule factored into it as well. We did Ony, MC, ZG, Blackwing Lair and fucking AQ when that came out in a god damn week.

It's why i'm not playing classic. Burn out is real man.

Absinthe

Arcane
You should generally reduce the number of raiders as much as possible to reduce the number of runs it takes to get all your items. If possible get those starter raids down to 10-15 man raids with at least 1 of each class. You get much more loot per person that way and then you can kick the early raids off of your raid schedule entirely. There's also split-raiding where everyone runs a 40 man 4x just by loading every raid with 10 mains and 30 alts who will never roll on loot so that your mains all get loot 4x as fast, but that's typically not worth doing unless you're doing Naxx or shit where you can't afford to reduce the number of raiders by much. The sheer amount of no-lifing involved in that is over-the-top. Reducing the number of raiders altogether on the other hand will raise the amount of pre-raid preparation needed and cause your raids to take longer but overall allows you to raid more casually and infrequently while still progressing very fast on loot, assuming you've got a guild of highly skilled players.

Last edited:

Gregz

Arcane
People still playing this?

Keep wanting to to experience vanilla East/West plaguelands again but don't know if I can handle Stranglethorn Vietnam because I'm a faggot.

Just play PvE, it's fucking great. If you want to PvP there's plenty of opportunity in BGs.

you may be surprised to learn that blizzard unironically CHANGED the game regarding AV

It was justified, players were abusing a mechanic not in-line with the spirit of the original. We do live in different times, and we have powerful tools to coordinate with now that didn't exist before.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
People still playing this?
Some still are.

The hype has died down and a fair amount of people quit but that just means that there are spots open in raiding guilds.

It's definitely worth playing if you are interested in the pve side of things(new raid soon) but the PVP situation is a bit atrocious.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
After playing STVietnam (or Ashenvale, or Shimmering Flats lmao) on over populated private servers playing on a PvP server on official WoW classic would be a walk in the park for me.

I like PvP servers because as annoying it is to get ganked it's a whole different dimension that makes the game more enticing, but you have to have the right mentality for it, starting with a willingness to group often because world PvP is just about ganking and forming murder parties to get revenge, and people forming murder parties to get revenge from the murder parties. Forget about dueling with people and fending hostile players by yourself it rarely works out that way (when it does though it's pretty satisfying). Also, at higher levels ganking becomes about controlling resources all though any areas with key quests will be more than playable by the sheer number of people doing said quests.

My suggestion is, if you are curious but unsure, roll a class with stealth. That will go a long way lessening the brunt of merciless ganking.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Gonna try blagging blizzard for free game time. I'll prolly make a dwarf pally and see if the bug still bites.

You playing this Lyric Suite?

Any other Old-World/EU fags playing? if so what servers are you on?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Gonna try blagging blizzard for free game time. I'll prolly make a dwarf pally and see if the bug still bites.

You playing this Lyric Suite?

Any other Old-World/EU fags playing? if so what servers are you on?
Im playing on pyrewood village, alliance. Having fun my my second character, gnome warrior, active and easy going guild.

Generic-Giant-Spider

If you do roll a Rogue on a PVP server, go a PVP build centered around Ambush/Backstab and do a lot of your leveling via dungeon spamming (unless they nerfed the experience gain). You can contribute big dick DPS in group PVE and 2 shot most things in PVP as long as you keep your main hand dagger up to date. I got lucky and was blessed with a Gut Ripper from a friend and oooh boy, was it fun going to 60 with that beast.

It may be different now with people feeding gear to alts to make them more durable/efficient, but I can say the fresh server leveling at the start of Classic was easily the funnest part of it to me. After a few weeks of MC/Onyxia you get bored really easily. I'd even say the pre-raid gearing was funner than that shit. God, fuck raiding.

Edit: Wait this is almost a month old, I'm a moron. LOL Daaaamn, stoner spiderz.

kinzadza

Scholar
The only reason I started playing was to play 2v2 and 3v3 with my buddies in arenas.

Then there were no arenas.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A long time ago I'd agreed with my housemate that we'd start playing classic wow to relive those old memories, and just to have fun generally. Right now we're level 21 on Zandalar Tribe, EU rpPVP server. Two dwarves going around smashing skulls. I'm thinking we may have picked the single best class combination for two people leveling together. I'm a warrior and he's a paladin. Finally got dual wielding, did some deadmines runs, got two great axes.

Any European Codexers still playing? I actually wanted to go horde but was convinced otherwise by my housemate. So I still need to pick a second realm to make that one on.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
uldamanEntrance.png

Your new home

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Yeah, still playing. I'm Alliance on Zandalar Tribe too, it's a great realm. I also have a bunch of alts at various levels so could join a dungeon or two every now and then.

GreyViper

Prophet
Uldaman
Your new home

Ye gods all I wanted was to train my enchanting. I have flashbacks when I wanted to visit the enchanting trainer but was unable to solo it and under-geared to run it.
For my 2 cents do Scarlet Monastery as soon as you can start doing it, that gear will carry you for some time.
Also for mele classes that can use swords, get trashblade slap fiery enchant on it and the procs should start procing form each other.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
They can but Trashblade has only 4.40% chance of proc meaning less than 1 per minute. You do get the fiery enchant for free if you do the elite quest in Badlands, so that makes sense - but you will replace Trash Blade before you hit 60 so it's not worth it to drop any money on enchanting it. Trash Blade as good on private servers where the proc rate was higher.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
After Classic I can't go back to Retail. Unfortunately my Classic server is a High pop PVP one and it has devolved to people just selling/buying one-pull runs of dungeons to power level people. I had to reroll on a PVE medium pop in order to escape the decline.

Currently playing on Windseeker (USE) if anyone is around these parts.

boot

Prophet
I quit playing after guild died with release of bwl. Couldnt maintain a full raid, everyone was quitting left and right, no new blood coming in. Also our melee dps was extremely retarded and caused many wipes and some got tired of it. After our badass MT quit I quit too. Was there from the start of the guild, cleared mc on week 2 in pug lead by guild.

Had a 60 hunter and rank 10 paladin and was burned out from doing the honor grind, and farming gold to craft Hand of Ragnaros. 0/25/26 reckoning/retribution paladin was fun in pvp as long as you itemized well, int gear so you could spam cleanse while auto attacking and drop some clutch heals when you could. Most non holy paladins had no int

Absinthe

Arcane
Those healers are not as bad as retard tanks who don't know how to hold aggro and others who don't understand threat management to avoid OTing and wiping the group.

A long time ago I'd agreed with my housemate that we'd start playing classic wow to relive those old memories, and just to have fun generally. Right now we're level 21 on Zandalar Tribe, EU rpPVP server. Two dwarves going around smashing skulls. I'm thinking we may have picked the single best class combination for two people leveling together. I'm a warrior and he's a paladin. Finally got dual wielding, did some deadmines runs, got two great axes.
Nah, there are many combos that are much better. Paladin+Warlock, Warrior+Shaman, Mage+Mage, Warlock+Warlock, and many other combos beat it easily. Warrior+Shaman is definitely the best Warrior duo. But it's true that Warriors and Paladins do far better together than they do alone (they're both trash-tier levelers normally, but put together you get much lower downtime and much faster clear speed). You did pick one of the best PvP races at least. Stoneform can break a Rogue's Blind and remove an Undead Priest's Devouring Plague in addition to removing regular bleeds and poisons, so if you're on a PvP server you guys are going to do well against Rogue gankers at least. Normally Warriors are more partial to Gnome than Dwarf (because immobilize effects suck for Warriors) but Dwarf is still a good pick. You should probably get a Spider Belt and Free Action Potion to deal with that sort of thing. What professions are you guys going anyway? Any decent Paladin should get Engineering and for a Warrior your best options are either Herbalism+Alchemy (for easier leveling experience, buffs, potions, and income) or also Engineering. Blacksmithing is pretty much shit since loot drops and quest rewards are frequently better and you can typically buy the rare blacksmithing item you'd actually want anyway.

Any European Codexers still playing? I actually wanted to go horde but was convinced otherwise by my housemate. So I still need to pick a second realm to make that one on.
Horde is honestly the better PvP faction anyway. It has better PvP racials overall.

Upon thinking of what character to play I thought of a barbaric dwarf wielding an axe in either hand. So god help me, a dual wielding dwarf fury warrior is what I'll play. Optimal or not.
Fury spec is the Warrior's DPS spec and it's also the better PvP spec before you get enough epics to give you enough damage that you get good rage generation and end fights fast enough for the burst damage spec to really deliver. Every PvP idiot loves to go Arms/Fury but that build is really not that smart when you're running around in blues and greens and are now going out of rage and slowly trying to beat down people. Meanwhile dual-wielding, higher rage generation, faster Intercept, and Death Wish all give you better damage with Bloodthirst operating as a weaker burst damage source (if you are dualwielding Felstrikers though you can burst pretty hard with Bloodthirst).

Arms/Fury is entertaining without epics when you have Arcanite Champion with Crusader enchant and a Darkmoon Card: Heroism + Hand of Justice trinket combo though (Add Valor set for fourth self-heal proc, but the set sucks tbh).

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Doesn't matter, this is what pvp is like for a warrior anyway:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom