Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warcraft III: Reforged - now with lowest user metacritic score of all time

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
That could be a political slogan. Female Death Knight for president, a pussy so tight not even Trump can grab it. Vote now!

flyingjohn

Arcane
I am just waiting for the rts version of star citizen to make billions while the Activision ceo bitches about nonexistent market.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
But thank god they got those female death knight models out right? Or they would have been REALLY in trouble!!!!

0w1dlkit4pd41.jpg

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I want to see the demon huntress too, this is spectacular!

edit: it looks like it isn't clear this is sarcasm. It's sarcasm. But I do want to see what a deformed monstrosity the demon huntress is.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
From the other thread:

I’ve already posted this, but I think it deserves its own thread. The world editor’s EULA has been changed.
https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/legal/2749df07-2b53-4990-b75e-a7cb3610318b/custom-game-acceptable-use-policy 212

• The intellectual property of your maps belongs to Blizzard, not you, and they are not required to compensate you in any way if they use it
  • Copyrighted material is not allowed in any custom maps (which means a multitude of older maps, such as Anime Fight, DBZ Tribute and Pimp My Mario, are now banned)
  • Any content which is deemed inappropriate by Blizzard can be removed at their discretion (which is probably why the shiny new report button is a thing)
In short, the custom game scene has a lot of new limitations and a lot of older maps are going to be killed off. I’d say take your ideas and go elsewhere.

It just keeps getting worse.

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Hahaha, they actually broke the base game too:

I just tried and now the game wants to update as soon as i launched it. Lmao.

https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraft3/...res_that_were_removed_from_original_warcraft/

It's a minimum effort cash grab that removed the ability to play the original game, removed a whole host of features, and is buggy as shit with janky animations.

But hey at least they made a female death knight model! Yay!

b6kUkAu.jpg

Good luck patching these away from me, Blizzshit.

I bet there's already a dedicated worm spreading through the Internet.

Psquit

Arcane
From the other thread:

I’ve already posted this, but I think it deserves its own thread. The world editor’s EULA has been changed.
https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/legal/2749df07-2b53-4990-b75e-a7cb3610318b/custom-game-acceptable-use-policy 212

• The intellectual property of your maps belongs to Blizzard, not you, and they are not required to compensate you in any way if they use it
  • Copyrighted material is not allowed in any custom maps (which means a multitude of older maps, such as Anime Fight, DBZ Tribute and Pimp My Mario, are now banned)
  • Any content which is deemed inappropriate by Blizzard can be removed at their discretion (which is probably why the shiny new report button is a thing)
In short, the custom game scene has a lot of new limitations and a lot of older maps are going to be killed off. I’d say take your ideas and go elsewhere.

After the Dota 2 fiasco, blizzard ain't taking chances now.

Olinser

Savant
From the other thread:

The laughable part about it is that of they actually owned the copyright DOTA would still just be a custom map.

They sat on it for a DECADE and never did anything.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Pretty sure all of these have been the case since StarCraft 2 had their custom map thing, Arcade I think? Basically games used to be hosted on the players PCs, but now games are on Blizzard's servers. So Blizzard doesn't want illegal shit on their servers, such as other intellectual property they don't own (points 2 and 3). Point 1 was straight up a reaction to DOTA2 and Valve's court win against them, which happened before that.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
I want to see the demon huntress too, this is spectacular!

DokKFkm.png

The laughable part about it is that of they actually owned the copyright DOTA would still just be a custom map.

They sat on it for a DECADE and never did anything.

Yep, there was literally nothing stopping them from hiring the guy or developing it into a full product.

Valve led the way with Gunman Chronicles, Team Fortress, CS, Day of Defeat etc.

Psquit

Arcane
Wow, I'm watching a Livestream of the game and it feels soo early access... the animations and the models. Also those emotionless expressions from the portraits...

what's with the shadows in this game? they look like when you turn off shadows from the settings.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Ideally WC3 remastered should've been made to look like WC2, but that's too bold of a move for Blahzard. Better to oursource the port to some interns in Blizzard Bulgaria or someshit

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom