Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flushfire

Augur
Well thrown grenade and even a low level char can clear that fight easily.

Modron

Arcane
Just max your luck bro then you can make one of their Grenades explode through dialog before fight even begins, kills 2 or 3 of them and renders the rest prone.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Yeah, I made max Str and still lucky roll in dialog was like 1/10 chance, so I've got tired of reloading and just killed them outside) 24 hours ingame, level 8 I think.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Necroposting with Steam copypasta!

https://steamcommunity.com/games/552620/announcements/detail/1717496167778206572

ATOM RPG: Trudograd dev update #2
Hello, friends!

It’s time to do good on our New Year’s promise and share some more news about ATOM RPG: Trudograd.

We’ll start with information on new developments in the field of exoskeleton research! We perfected our walking tank visually, and made it capable of attacking enemies in melee combat! Here’s how it looks at the moment:

4F6B7BF5F2A0D125F2606C5E5A630934572EDAC3

WIP

However the combat system improvements do not end with the exoskeleton. We also made a special skill that will allow you to attack your enemies with the buttstock of your weapon, along with new weapon mods that will be discussed in a later post.

AF899B0703BFD249738E61971CDCBAA8334DCDB1

WIP

Since we have updated many combat-related stuff in the game, we decided to change the look of the inventory as well. Here’s how it will look during your travels in Trudograd. Something akin to this style was suggested by some of our players. We hope you like it!

4472b765ab1be56ad15de116abe8dcfe1feabb1a.png

WIP

Now we’d like to show you the changes we made to in-game menus such as the minimap, stats or skill tree. Here’s our new menu system!

37965c27c98b13034d82c2d60bce2769e17ffeed.jpg

WIP

This new menu system is highly optimized for comfort and style. We really hope you will enjoy it!

Last but not least - some in-game art. Here’s a loading screen we particularly enjoy.

eee0c28226fab9ce55099d8e7bd2e88f2ffd61db.jpg

Work on Trudograd is constant. Next time we will share some new location screenshots and news about weapons and combat in general, as well as many other new stuff.

ATOM RPG: Trudograd will be released for closed testing on February 29th.

Thank you for reading and we really hope that you liked what we shared. See you next time! And let there be ATOM!

------------

Replies coming soon! I'm so busy!!!! OH GOD!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bergblatstein

Novice
Finaly, news!

...along with new weapon mods that will be discussed in a later post.

Replies coming soon! I'm so busy!!!! OH GOD!!!

Ok dude, looks intresting these things you shared, some questions araise:

PA requires fuel judging by screenshot? Thats good, am i blind or does the guage in bottom right say "MAᴙX" or "MAᴙK"?

I see guy fireing bullet while butstocking opponent, this John Wick trick or engine problem? Why do we need new skill for this ability if melee skill already exists?

There are four brooms in your inventory, wich one of the following are most likely:

1) babushka companion
2) two-handed melee weapons
3) crafting component

Instead of radiation now we must manage cold, cool. Is radiation still a thing in some areas of game?

The art looks great and i like the big screen grabs of character sheet... if you could... you know... just acident happen... you misclicked, screenshoted and posted perk tab... :D

*edit: I forgot to ask: is there way to sign up somehow for this closed beta?

Last edited:

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
You have some boring dungeons that really feel like a bottleneck in an otherwise open world game. Especially the bunker lab with plant monsters(?) was a game ruiner for me. Also the place with the castle was boring as fuck.

34 hours in I'm pretty stuck in this plant monster bunker. These killer flowers one-shoting my PC 50th time in a row are so fucking irritating I'm not sure I will complete it (

I mean, how many AP could fucking flower have?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Leave and return with maximum drugs and automatic rifles.

2 x sweet cake
1 x toadstool

For DEX+3 is essential.
Buff up your endurance and HP as well.

Equip stealth suit and helmet to maximize aggro distance.

Vintorez or Scorpion SMG shreds these grasses easily.

Revisited the game in 2020 and noticed some nice changes in the quest resolutions. E.g KRZ Bunker door price is free if you can find the right girl to date.

Saw a few 'modded' weapons as well. There's a Speedloader Nagant for 2AP reload, a scoped Hunting Rifle for additional crit and enables the Sniper perk usage. The game also hand placed the new Saiga Shotgun at a nice 'late-game' place that many complained there wasn't much of a reward despite the challenge of getting there.

They also revamp the 'hidden occult boss'; it was actually challenging now trying to take it down before you unlock automatic weapons.

I do wish the dev would just answer the demand for manual party control during combat to make the non-combat build more viable and there's still one minor bug that remained:
When the Cult sent me to murder the pig and leave a note, the game could not detect that the note is left behind if the NPC is informed of the Cult's intent. I smoked the pig after taking the thank-you money from the guy, left the note and the game still thinks I forgot to leave the note.

Last edited:

Murk

Arcane
You have some boring dungeons that really feel like a bottleneck in an otherwise open world game. Especially the bunker lab with plant monsters(?) was a game ruiner for me. Also the place with the castle was boring as fuck.

34 hours in I'm pretty stuck in this plant monster bunker. These killer flowers one-shoting my PC 50th time in a row are so fucking irritating I'm not sure I will complete it (

I mean, how many AP could fucking flower have?

I sniped them from a distance using the crafted sniper rifle and got through pretty easily, the few times I was jumped/didn't realize it was near me until too late -- scorpion burst mode.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Any scoped riffle (used scoped mosin 2/3 of game) + full sniper tree and those enemies were easy meat.... only got trouble when forgot to lock side doors and brain dead AI took my companions straight onto enemies groups I left for later.

RK47

Patron
Amusing glitch with the game I discovered by accident: if you drive your car into the refuel station and you talk to the caravan there to any city, the car will also follow.
But this isn't the end of the glitch.

If for some reason you abandon your car at your destination and revisit the refuel station, you will find your car there, acting like you've left it there in the first place.

Murk

Arcane
Huh, when I did the caravan my car stayed at the origin point (though I only did it from Peregon).

RK47

Patron
Huh, when I did the caravan my car stayed at the origin point (though I only did it from Peregon).

Yeah, it has a lot of those 'really niche glitches' remaining in-game.
I can understand the game triggers being messed with the 'smoking kill' glitch.
Also, if you see the armor merchant selling 2 kevlar suits, just treat him to cigs and a permanent retirement.
That guy doesn't trade fairly and it's not like you need to return to him for ammunition from time to time.

RK47

Patron
Can't seem to trigger possessed demon guy event.
Keep resting 24 hours over and over in Otradnoye and guy wouldn't appear.
But I noticed the cash reserves and the pay rate is pretty good in Otradnoye.
So for beginners who need easy cash, just stock up on food and keep resting 24 hours in Otradnoye to clear your unwanted loot.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/552620/announcements/detail/1717496167801299100

Hey, guys!

Today, we're releasing version 1.112. We are doing this because we moved our game to the brand new, improved Unity version 2019.2 which fixes a lot of problems some of you may have experienced in the past, and furthers our game's optimization.

However, since it's a very large file, we understand that those of you that do not have optimization issues and glitches described in the changelog, may not want to download it. For you, we have created a new Steam branch 1_11 which will allow you to skip this version and continue playing 1.111.

Here is the changelog:
  • Transferred the game to Unity 2019.2;
  • Fixed impassable tiles in Krasnoznamenny Centre;
  • Fixed incorrect AP and Ammo information;
  • Fixed Dzhulbars barking glitch;
  • Fixed the Ghillie suit and protective suit exploit which granted an extra turn;
  • Those who saved at the New Year location will now appear in the Mountain Pass of Woes;
  • Fixed several graphical bugs.

Yosharian

Arcane
However, since it's a very large file, we understand that those of you that do not have optimization issues and glitches described in the changelog, may not want to download it. For you, we have created a new Steam branch 1_11 which will allow you to skip this version and continue playing 1.111.
:thumbsup:

Humanophage

Arcane
I found the game to be very good and would definitely recommend it. Plot-wise, I particularly enjoyed the identification with the Russian secret services, which are ordinarily difficult to relate to. It builds up that loyalty nicely. Funny how the current trend with opponents are the benign mind-controlling types who wish to extinguish all differences for the sake of harmony; Thea 2 has exactly the same thing. The game also prompted me to start reading Mister Hexogen, which is a riot in Russian. It would have been better if the game cut on the cheap jokes and added a bit more of that style instead, which is entertaining but also serious. The cheap jokes are sometimes grating - e.g., why insert the rainbow of pain joke from Korgoth? It was good there, but completely out of place here. In terms of themes, I thought ethnic conflict should have been featured more prominently. Everyone knows that ethnicity becomes the rallying point in environments like prisons or Russia in the 1990s. This is especially odd given that the game seems to take place somewhere next to the Caucasus. Dungeon Cleaners understood this better.

It's a really sweet touch that they added portraits to all the characters. This definitely livens it all up and is a beautiful compensation for the ridiculous 2000s games where we had to stare at 3D models even for the main characters. Admittedly, the amount of irrelevant celebs on the portraits is a bit silly, but it's still much better than nothing.

The weakest part is probably the southwestern area (Vogelevka, Shivering Forest, and the Chasm of Troubles or whatever the English names are). Also the Death Gang is pure cringe. On the other hand, I was pleasantly surprised by the Dead City. I thought that since it was towards the end of the game, it would be empty and haphazard, but it was reasonably well-done. I appreciated how dynamic it felt with the maniac quest, and it was also a nice touch that you could meet earlier characters there.

In terms of combat, I second the popular sentiment that that the absence of even basic formations makes the companions highly annoying. I understand the desire to make combat more challenging, but perhaps it should have been done in some other fashion than making the companion AI so bad and any control so clunky.

Last edited:

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Leave and return with maximum drugs and automatic rifles.

2 x sweet cake
1 x toadstool

For DEX+3 is essential.
Buff up your endurance and HP as well.

Equip stealth suit and helmet to maximize aggro distance.

Vintorez or Scorpion SMG shreds these grasses easily.

Revisited the game in 2020 and noticed some nice changes in the quest resolutions. E.g KRZ Bunker door price is free if you can find the right girl to date.

Saw a few 'modded' weapons as well. There's a Speedloader Nagant for 2AP reload, a scoped Hunting Rifle for additional crit and enables the Sniper perk usage. The game also hand placed the new Saiga Shotgun at a nice 'late-game' place that many complained there wasn't much of a reward despite the challenge of getting there.

They also revamp the 'hidden occult boss'; it was actually challenging now trying to take it down before you unlock automatic weapons.

I do wish the dev would just answer the demand for manual party control during combat to make the non-combat build more viable and there's still one minor bug that remained:
When the Cult sent me to murder the pig and leave a note, the game could not detect that the note is left behind if the NPC is informed of the Cult's intent. I smoked the pig after taking the thank-you money from the guy, left the note and the game still thinks I forgot to leave the note.

Well, I think I'll take a break from the game then. Not ready yet to find out that my 35h in the game build couldn't help with plant monstaz.

Also my character's name is Takbir.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom