Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
http://battlebrothersgame.com/switch-announcement/

SWITCH ANNOUNCEMENT

Instead of having a dev blog this week we bring you a special announcement.

For a long time now you guys have written to us how you’d love to play Battle Brothers on your Switch and take your campaign on the road. Both the game and the community have grown a lot over the past couple of years, and these days there’s nary a dev blog without you guys asking for Battle Brothers on your Switch. Being able to play a hardcore tactical turn-based game with lots of replayability wherever you are? Let’s make it happen!

We’re excited to announce that Battle Brothers is coming to the Nintendo Switch later this year!

That’s right! Soon you’ll be able to lead your own mercenary company through the perils of a gritty, low-power, medieval fantasy world even while traveling. You’ll get to decide where to go, whom to hire or to fight from the comfort of a relaxing couch. And it’ll be your choice what contracts to take and how to train and equip your men in a procedurally generated open world campaign whether you’re commuting or flying ten thousand feet in the air. You’ll get to play with all the content and features of the PC version, and you’ll have access to all available DLC – including the upcoming ‘Blazing Deserts’ DLC and the free 1.4 update which will release in Q2 of this year.

To bring Battle Brothers to the Switch in the best way possible, we’ve partnered with Ukiyo Publishing for this. This means that we can focus all of our energy on developing more content and gameplay features for Battle Brothers, while Ukiyo Publishing, with over a decade in industry experience, will make sure that it is just as enjoyable an experience on the Switch as it is on the PC. Good thing then that they’re fans of Battle Brothers themselves!

Last edited by a moderator:

Riel

Arcane
They start porting games to consoles and a few games later they are porting games to PC with all the dumbing down it implies.

:rage:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
They start porting games to consoles and a few games later they are porting games to PC with all the dumbing down it implies.

:rage:

Stop being such a hater. Switch version means I can play the game while my wife discovers and explores her sexuality in the room next door. Actually, it's the perfect opportunity to prove how much we were meant for each other. I finish my Black Monolith while she finishes hers and then we can discuss our experiences and figure out who had the hardest Monolith!

But hey, you guys know I'm pretty gud at Battle Brothers, so OFC HER monolith is gonna be much harder. :smug:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
I don't mind them getting more moneys and recognition... As long as it doesn't mean a more "dumbed down" version for us , the pure original fans of the PC master race. Right rapsdjff ? :cool:

sqeecoo

Arcane
So bros are any of the DLCs worth buying? I detest DLCs but I like this game, do they change anything significant? Seems like they mostly add new monsters and such which is fine, but not worth playing more than the original price of the game (for both).

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
iseewhatyoudid.png
ofc i'm serious you absolute brainlet

the switch runs games which are magnitudes above battle brothers in terms of systematic complexity so any fear about "dumbing down" of the pc version due to switch is entirely based on the "consoles dumbing stuff down" meme applied without any critical thinking in regards to the contextual origins of the meme and whether its applicable to this situation whatsoever

So bros are any of the DLCs worth buying? I detest DLCs but I like this game, do they change anything significant? Seems like they mostly add new monsters and such which is fine, but not worth playing more than the original price of the game (for both).
buy them all
each and every is worth it

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Without the DLCs you'd miss out on quite some content, be it "fantasy" in Beasts&Exploration or "northern barbarian plus new gear" in Warriors of the North. I found them both good but they don't really change the gameplay that much

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
ofc i'm serious you absolute brainlet

the switch runs games which are magnitudes above battle brothers in terms of systematic complexity so any fear about "dumbing down" of the pc version due to switch is entirely based on the "consoles dumbing stuff down" meme applied without any critical thinking in regards to the contextual origins of the meme and whether its applicable to this situation whatsoever
Good then, no worries

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Without the DLCs you'd miss out on quite some content, be it "fantasy" in Beasts&Exploration or "northern barbarian plus new gear" in Warriors of the North. I found them both good but they don't really change the gameplay that much
There's also the company origins, although I didn't think they were implemented all that well and so I haven't used them much. To squeeco: the DLCs freshened up the experience significantly, to the point that I've played more hours of BB after the DLCs came out than I did before. YMMV, of course.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter

I have mixed feelings about DLCs.
I mean they add content sure and new weapons and armors are nice to have same for attachments and origins but I am not big fan of some monsters and north faction.

Harthwain

Magister
There's also the company origins, although I didn't think they were implemented all that well and so I haven't used them much.
If I am not mistaken one of the origins allows you to skip the tutorial, which is useful for just making another "regular" company.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
reddit said:
level 1
Mindeveler

1 point·4 hours ago·edited 4 hours ago

I always said it's useless to suggest depth/QoL features to this community. At least in its core it worships randomness and grind.

Like now, they object even against an OPTION to have something handcrafted, something of creative, intelligent, thoughtful, manual design.

RNG all the way.

btfo and TRUEEEE

Razzoriel

Genos Studios
Developer
Let me ask a legitimate question to those here.

How do you think the setting and atmosphere of BB was handled? Do you enjoy the fact that for probably the first time in a while a game dev actually listened and gave a middle finger to political correctness by having zero affirmative action, feminism, sexual deviancy or anything even eliptically related to those themes inserted there? Let me just say I was surprised by it, especially from a developer located at Germany.

Murk

Arcane
Let me ask a legitimate question to those here.

How do you think the setting and atmosphere of BB was handled? Do you enjoy the fact that for probably the first time in a while a game dev actually listened and gave a middle finger to political correctness by having zero affirmative action, feminism, sexual deviancy or anything even eliptically related to those themes inserted there? Let me just say I was surprised by it, especially from a developer located at Germany.

Honestly I didn't even think of that, which is probably a good sign. The new expansion specifically involves "desert cultures" so I would expect to see swarthier skinned bros to recruit, but otherwise yeah I am fine with no "battle sisters". If they ever make an 'African Kangs' DLC, then I'd expect black bros as well.

I'm more happy that their one-man writing team produces quality fluff/text that isn't full of cringe-inducing shit that doesn't fit the tone of the game. The humorous and goofy parts, even the horse-fucker encounter, are all fine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom