Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warcraft III: Reforged - now with lowest user metacritic score of all time

Danikas

Arcane
How much did they fuck with campaigns besides the TFT balance changes?
You can't target and kill children anymore.
Classic WCIII is removed and replaced by Reforged but without new HD models so you're fucked either way
The UI is not scaled well with High Definition monitors.
That's what you get for buying this shit :yeah:

Zer0wing

Cipher
One can't currently order classic Warcraft III from Battle net. Nor gets the classic game if activates the key from the disc on blizzard account, still have to download 30GB of this garbage despite not paying for this shit. Main rule is disable auto-updates and not update anywhere from 1.31... Or use the power of piracy.

How much did they fuck with campaigns besides the TFT balance changes?
You can't target and kill children anymore.
Classic WCIII is removed and replaced by Reforged but without new HD models so you're fucked either way
The UI is not scaled well with High Definition monitors.

I can't tell if this is real or not.

There were actual secret items that required you to kill children in the orignal game.

Zer0wing

Cipher
There were actual secret items that required you to kill children in the orignal game.
???
What items? The first mission from human campaign with Arthas and he swings his sword into children just fine. I checked. v1.28.5xx to be precise. Same with undead campaign.

???
What items? The first mission from human campaign with Arthas and he swings his sword into children just fine. I checked. v1.28.5xx to be precise. Same with undead campaign.

IIRC there was a sort of running joke with a kid called timmy who would appear sometimes and he dropped stuff if you killed him. Really can't remember specifics though.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Timmy turned into a ghoul in a later mission, and eventually into a robot iirc.

Deitti

Augur
What a shitshow, holy hell. So glad i still have my original discs so i don't have to get involved with this shit ever. I had so many good memories from the original battle.net times too, such a shame.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
They looked at it and said, "Yeah we can milk the Blizzard fanbois for some cash with this. Don't spend any more money just toss it out and grab some quick cash."
I realize that this is the thing most people go for the most, but I think the more pervasive initiative they had was to make the custom maps a property of AC-Blizz.

Problem: "How can we get all the internet's creativity when it comes to our game(s) to work for us?"

Answer: "Release a half-baked product with some (glaring) issues people will cling to. Tech issues. Image/perspective issues. Narrative changes/rolling back narrative changes. BUT ---- what is more important: We will change it - make the EULA so that no more IceFrogs/Guinsoos/Euls ever exist ever again."

Step 3 is to make this an industry standard, where you make the user-base work for you.

And yes, as an AC/Blizz shareholder, I do love that move.

Last edited:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
What a shitshow, holy hell. So glad i still have my original discs so i don't have to get involved with this shit ever. I had so many good memories from the original battle.net times too, such a shame.
This is the problem, isn't it?

In order to play WarCraft 3 as it was intended back in 2002, you, now in our Lords year 2020, must NOT connect to the internet while you do.

That usually does not go well. When a company tries to interfere with the way the world works, in this case "I like to play my videogames, while connected to the Internet", things don't end up so well.

I have a feeling that the corporate heads at the top measured the active community, and decided that WC3 is worth tanking just to see if this EULA change will stick with people.

Time will tell if they were right or not.

Personally, I haven't played anything from AC/Blizz for close to 10 years now, and I don't see that changing. Sadly, there are other people out there that don't think like me.

ChaDargo

Arcane
This is the problem, isn't it?

In order to play WarCraft 3 as it was intended back in 2002, you, now in our Lords year 2020, must NOT connect to the internet while you do.

That usually does not go well. When a company tries to interfere with the way the world works, in this case "I like to play my videogames, while connected to the Internet", things don't end up so well.

I have a feeling that the corporate heads at the top measured the active community, and decided that WC3 is worth tanking just to see if this EULA change will stick with people.

Time will tell if they were right or not.

Personally, I haven't played anything from AC/Blizz for close to 10 years now, and I don't see that changing. Sadly, there are other people out there that don't think like me.

Well, they weren't making money off of the property anyways. I'd say that assuming a ton of fans pre-ordered the mess, or will order it not knowing/caring it sucks or hoping Blizz will fix it (lol), they more than paid for the salaries of the interns who did the conversion. I imagine they're getting to run their little experiment at a small profit at least.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Upscaling 2D art (Starcraft) is tremendously easier than upscaling 3D art, because in the latter you deal with not just texturing, but modeling, improving animation quality, and harsh rendering performance costs.

Blizzard got cocky after successfully updating SC1, and stumbled on a much more difficult job of updating WC3.

Hopefully they are working on upscaled Diablo2, because the graphics on what will blow Diablo3 out of the water, and again - it's just sprites.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
It's amazing how much of a perfect storm this fuck up is.
But is it really? Ever since 2018 with Diablo Immortal Blizzard has been slipping from one media blunder to another. No, really, I can't recall a single bit of news that was positive for Blizzard in 2019; everything was extremely bad and negative. Even their streamer and youtube bootlickers are turning against them at an increasing rate. They've managed to burn bridges with all their fans and even the most delusionals are slowly going to wake up to this. 2020 opening up with a giant Blizzard fuck up just seems like a natural amalgamation of where the company has been heading for a while now.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I can't recall a single bit of news that was positive for Blizzard in 2019

WoW Classic, modafuka!
Legit forgot about classic already, but yes. That was a light in the darkness for them, but it also worked against Blizzard because they were first adamantly against it, which just further shows that they are completely disconnected from their customers.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I am really happy I didn't preorder this lol. I guess if I want to experience the game I'll just play the original. Which they also ruined with the release of WC3: Reforged apparently :prosper:

Olinser

Savant
db51d389718032af2641f8bd91aa9993.jpg

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I am really happy I didn't preorder this lol. I guess if I want to experience the game I'll just play the original. Which they also ruined with the release of WC3: Reforged apparently :prosper:

They removed the battle.net online functionality from the original WC3. Maybe some other stuff, I can't remember. Once again pirates are going to be the winners since they can go back to an older version and paying customers get cucked.

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Stopped playing their games after first Starcraft 2 campaign.

Starcraft 1: Gonna kill you bitch.

Starcraft 2: MILADY

:mlady:

Writing in SC2 was abysmal. From purely gameplay perspective though, it's still a very good game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom