Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Why Owlcat's Kingmaker Sucks, in Plain Language

Beggar

Cipher
This game is just Way. Too. Long. Like this post

How long it is? I'm 40h in. And yes, it still feels like I barely scratched the surface

I reached 93 hours getting to the start of the second last chapter. Didn't really do many of the companion quests but I was reasonably thorough exploring areas. Probably would get to about 105-110 by the end.

Beggar

Cipher
It is really good. Feels so fresh and enjoyable. Buggy release ruined it a bit for me, only now I managed to try it out fully

I still needed the cheat console because the Season of Bloom ending bugged out on me, DESPITE the patch that is rumoured to fix it. So remember, the Unity Mod Manager is your friend.
Just came here after the ending of Season of Bloom :lol: What was the bug?

Gregz

Arcane
It is really good. Feels so fresh and enjoyable. Buggy release ruined it a bit for me, only now I managed to try it out fully

This game is just Way. Too. Long. Like this post

How long it is? I'm 40h in. And yes, it still feels like I barely scratched the surface

< 40 hours is a completely different game than > 40 hours.

Right now you are judging a book by its cover. If you keep playing you will understand what I mean perfectly. "Try it out fully" before coming to a conclusion, writing a review, or voting in a poll.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Daily reminder that Owlscat was overly ambitious and they bit off more than they could chew. There's enough content here for two games. Two games with less buggy releases and more polished late game.
Still, the best IE nostalgia game we got. Take notes, Mister Balance.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
She also can't spell "severance". Not to be petty, but it does show a need for an editor. Or at least a better use of a spell-check.

Actually, I can. The spelling was correct in other places. You can check web-caches for proof. That was just a mistake, and everyone makes mistakes. Everyone. You must be a complete loser IRL to nitpick a mistake like that; you're probably so scared of making mistakes IRL that you're paralyzed with cuck-fear.

Also, I'm a better writer than you'll ever be. My proficiency far exceeds yours.

Overall, I respect her articles on mechanics, but her "opinion pieces" are completely and utterly mediocre.

I usually write fact-pieces, not opinion-pieces. Opinions are for faggots. That said, you are nitpicking an overview that is posted to shock people out of their shit-taste and spread my propaganda, not a passionless academic article.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
She also can't spell "severance". Not to be petty, but it does show a need for an editor. Or at least a better use of a spell-check.

Actually, I can. The spelling was correct in other places. You can check web-caches for proof. That was just a mistake, and everyone makes mistakes. Everyone. You must be a complete loser IRL to nitpick a mistake like that; you're probably so scared of making mistakes IRL that you're paralyzed with cuck-fear.

Also, I'm a better writer than you'll ever be, and English isn't even my native language. My proficiency far exceeds yours (and most posters on the 'Dex).

Overall, I respect her articles on mechanics, but her "opinion pieces" are completely and utterly mediocre.

I usually write fact-pieces, not opinion-pieces. Opinions are for faggots. That said, you are nitpicking at an overview that is posted to shock people out of their shit-taste and spread my progaganda, not a passionless academic article.
The fact that you're replying to a person you have on ignore, shows a lot of things, which are the same ones as keeping your profile on private.

If gameplay is the skeleton or posture, and writing is tits and ass, I'd rather go on a date with a hunchback girl with huge tits and scrumptious ass, than a straight flat-chested flat-butt bore. That's as far as your "propaganda" goes for me.

Also, not that you give a flying fuck, but English is my second language too.

Love you too, babe. Come over this weekend. Netflix maybe? :love:

FULL DISCLAIMER & USE OF CODEX SLANG AHEAD:

I don't wish by my statements to alienate any combatfags. I actually favour quite a lot a well-put-together combat system, and I enjoy an RPG from that angle, much like any person here.
I'm just fighting edge with edge, because it seems Lilura's next step is to cut herself on the altar of combat.

And yes, I think Jagged Alliance 2 is a great game - before you point any fingers.

Much love. <3

The_Mask

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
at the risk of endless m'lady ratings, that's pretty cringe sorin
I know, right?

It's almost as cringy as being a combat oriented person, declaring yourself "authoritative" and then throwing your opinion around on Planescape: Torment.

Or maybe almost as cringy as putting someone on ignore, and replying to them regardless, when you feel your image is being eroded.

OR ALMOST as cringy as putting your profile on private when you're trying SO HARD to become "an influencer through Google-induced traffic".

Love you too, bro. Lick that pussy good. <3

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
The fact that you're replying to a person you have on ignore, shows a lot of things, which are the same ones as keeping your profile on private.

Who I have on soft, medium or uBlock ignore is none of your business, cuck. And my profile is also none of your business. I respond to who I like, when I like.

That's as far as your "propaganda" goes for me.

Again, cuck. I don't care what you think of my propaganda-commentary. At the end of the day, I'm read, you're not and that's all that matters. And I acknowledge no authority but my own.

I'm just fighting edge with edge, because it seems Lilura's next step is to cut herself on the altar of combat.

You must have shit-taste to think I'm edgy for going on the warpath for Jagged Alliance 2 and other RPGs with decent combat. There is nothing edgy about my write-ups.

The_Mask

Patron

Who I have on soft, medium or uBlock ignore is none of your business, cuck. And my profile is also none of your business. I respond to who I like, when I like.

That's as far as your "propaganda" goes for me.

Again, cuck. I don't care what you think of my propaganda-commentary. At the end of the day, I'm read, you're not and that's all that matters. And I acknowledge no authority but my own.

You must have shit-taste to think I'm edgy for going on the warpath for Jagged Alliance 2 and other RPGs with decent combat. There is nothing edgy about my write-ups.

Please put me back on ignore. Forget about the Netflix date. Go with Latro. He can handle it. I can't.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
It's almost as cringy as being a combat oriented person, declaring yourself "authoritative" and then throwing your opinion around on Planescape: Torment.

PS:T has combat. Therefore, I can commentate on its combat.

OR ALMOST as cringy as putting your profile on private when you're trying SO HARD to become "an influencer through Google-induced traffic".

I don't need a profile on the 'Dex. If people want to take me on, they can do so out in the open.

The_Mask

Patron

PS:T has combat. Therefore, I can commentate on its combat.
The point was that you self-declared yourself an authority. That's not the way it works. Other people declare you one, usually at a very late stage in your life, and/or after you pass away.

And I can't believe I had to explain that notion, but whatever.

I don't need a profile on the 'Dex. If people want to take me on, they can do so out in the open.
You're starting to make little sense. "Out in the open" does not mean your site. I have little use in going on your site. I know pretty much everything you discuss there, because I found all those things out alone years ago - by myself.

If by "in the open you mean" here on the Codex, then... you have me at a loss, because I admit to not seeing how you're in any way shape or form open to anything here. Please elaborate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom