Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Disco Elysium gets a Hardcore Mode

vota DC

Augur
I finished this game without touching alchool since first play
So you're saying you can only play some other games while drunk?

No that developers put this mode to nerf drugs buff because some people used as a trick to go over the skill cap. But little changes and case can be solved even losing every time.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, most choices in the game do not really change important outcomes in significant ways. A few do, though.
But at least they are usually very well acknowledged throughout the game and do lead to dialogue you wouldn't see otherwise.

The biggest problem I see is that - at least with the right thoughts - you become absurdly rich with no use for the money. I had so many "potions" by the end that I could have bullet-sponged that one scene with shooting if the game would have let me.
In that, it really is very much a classic RPG: No money for anything at the start, no use for money at the end.

Papa Môlé

Arcane
It takes a special kind of cretin to complain about his own activity of savescumming. I mean, no one is making you savescum.

And by extention it takes a special kind of game designer who tries to fight player savescum practice by stuff like normalizing rewards (every solution to a quest shall give the same xp/money/item reward). Notable example - Josh Sawyer, POE.

It's present year. It's time to accept that single-player cRPGs have never been, nor will ever become, a faithful representation of a tabletop roleplaying game with a game master. Save-scumming is inevitable and nothing can or should be done about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom