Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Wayward Realms - upcoming Daggerfall-like RPG from original Elder Scrolls developers - coming to Kickstarter

V_K

Arcane
No, I am sure they have great news: after realizing that they need more manpower, they acquired the services of Paul Neurath (most recently of Underworld Ascendant fame), Richard Garriott (Shroud of the Avatar), Chris Roberts (Scam Citizen), Tim Cain (Outer Turds), those SSI guys whose project couldn't even get Kickstarted, the spirit of Warren Spector, and Avellone will consult to write the letter they write to better business bureau once it all flops.
You forgot Brenda Romero. But that's alright, the whole world did.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
unknown.png

Mortmal

Arcane
No, I am sure they have great news: after realizing that they need more manpower, they acquired the services of Paul Neurath (most recently of Underworld Ascendant fame), Richard Garriott (Shroud of the Avatar), Chris Roberts (Scam Citizen), Tim Cain (Outer Turds), those SSI guys whose project couldn't even get Kickstarted, the spirit of Warren Spector, and Avellone will consult to write the letter they write to better business bureau once it all flops.
It is either going to be the greatest game ever made or the worst shit one ever has played in his life. There is no other option.
Worse than underwolrd ascendant ? No way, competition is far too serious now.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Dis gun b gud, you can already tell from the quality of the music and the attention to detail in their pre-rendered titles..... they will make quality stuff.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is weird. There's no announcement that the game is now called The Wayward Realms. They just quietly slipped it into the title of their lore video.

Actually wtf, it looks like some people have known since at least January 23rd:

Decline of Makabb for not paying attention. Oops.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So they have now 2 music composers.... Eric Heberling and this guy,, they did what ?? Can't wait for the full OST for this thing, mind blown.

The Once Lost games logo is Erics music and the Wayward realms outro is Ramons music

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Supposedly the text on the concept art scroll is not gibberish but they have created a full new language based on sanskrit, lol.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
The new video is good, because it shows they haven't abandoned the project, and that they are thinking deeply.
It's also bad, because it shows reticence to come up with ideas if they resemble TES in any way (huge mistake -- just make the game, and TES be damned).

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
It's also bad, because it shows reticence to come up with ideas if they resemble TES in any way (huge mistake -- just make the game, and TES be damned).

It will resemble TES, but Arena and Daggerfall..... they made those two, so ofcourse it will resemble them.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

It will resemble TES, but Arena and Daggerfall..... they made those two, so ofcourse it will resemble them.
tim cain and leonard made the outer worlds but it doesn't resemble any of their previous works. if there are even any resemblances, it is only at the very surface level. i now take these "veteran devs revival" project with huge bag of salt.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

tim cain and leonard made the outer worlds but it doesn't resemble any of their previous works. if there are even any resemblances, it is only at the very surface level. i now take these "veteran devs revival" project with huge bag of salt.

taim cain and leonard are 2 guys in a team of how many in Obsidian that worked on Outer worlds ? (how many SJW wahmyn worked on Outer Worlds?)

Once Lost Games is 4 guys that worked on Daggerfall out of 5 total.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
We may not have a ton of information but the logo itself has brought me more joy than some of the games I've played 100+ hours.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom