Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2019: Results & Cool Graphs

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Also Infinitron be a chad and nail a nice vertical plank on the right side. A good bookshelf needs to have sides.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
No, they're not, it's a botched texture. Whoever painted this isn't even qualified to paint his toenails.

This isn't a ceiling, it's an abomination.

:rpgcodex:
I am really not sure if you are serious. I mean,you can't be that dumb to not see that the light is coming from the bottom of the pic and that shit is actually shadows.

What? I'm not talking about the darker patch, that's obviously a shadow that bookshelf throws on the ceiling.

I'm talking about clusters of whiter spots on the texture and poorly layered paint all over. If you can't see it, it's probably because in Bulgaria you're still painting your wooden huts using medieval paints made out of donkey semen mixed with sand.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
No, they're not, it's a botched texture. Whoever painted this isn't even qualified to paint his toenails.

This isn't a ceiling, it's an abomination.

:rpgcodex:
I am really not sure if you are serious. I mean,you can't be that dumb to not see that the light is coming from the bottom of the pic and that shit is actually shadows.

What? I'm not talking about the darker patch, that's obviously a shadow that bookshelf throws on the ceiling.

I'm talking about clusters of whiter spots on the texture and poorly layered paint all over. If you can't see it, it's probably because in Bulgaria you're still painting your wooden huts using medieval paints made out of donkey semen mixed with sand.
:smug:
So this is now your occupation....MR. DeOwner,a mexican painter. Being able to spot that shit at such picture quality,you really must love your new job.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you can't see it, it's probably because in Bulgaria you're still painting your wooden huts using medieval paints made out of donkey semen mixed with sand.
I'd show you my Scandinavian ceiling, but I'm afraid you won't survive the shock.
giphy.gif

Stokowski

Arcane
Must play Codex-approved incline!
Install Disco Elysium.
Start.
Make character.
Go through inner voice dialogue.
Suffer fatal heart attack reaching for necktie.
The End.

Perfect 10/10 GOTDecade.

:love::brodex::greatjob:

EDIT: Honestly I loved that that happened. I laughed so hard I nearly shat myself. More entertainment in a few minutes than 88 hours of Kingmaker (and I liked Kingmaker).

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
My reaction to seeing Bloodstained placing 2nd.

drgrayfang-so-it-begins-43346908.png

The invasion of weabooz in the Codex.
Modern anime, a mix of fetishism and latent pedophilia, is sweeping the world and not even our little Hobbiton will be saved.

Modron

Arcane

Modern anime, a mix of fetishism and latent pedophilia, is sweeping the world and not even our little Hobbiton will be saved.
I had the same response to a Visual Novel taking first place.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

I had the same response to a Visual Novel taking first place.

In an RPG drought, what can you do.

Could've been worse. An old-school adventure game with RPG elements, why not.

That said, not gonna get DE unless it's in a 5 dorra bundle or such. If the devs think money is the root of all evil then I'm not gonna corrupt these pure souls with my hard earned dough, I'm not that heartless.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Game of the Year
1st - Disco Elysium
2nd - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
3rd - Slay the Spire

:hmmm:

I try to be fair to the games from the "honorary RPG" genres, but this is ridiculous.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
you people are very easily amused it seems
says the jetpacks guy
But jetpacks are awesome and rarely seen in any games (not only RPGs). I remember how blown away I was when I've seen it (and grappling hook) in Aliens vs Predator, great stuff. On the other hand dying during first dialogue is just 'meh', something like this was in Torment: Tides of Numenera but there codexers were saying it's a shitty design. Some of you are like mindless lemmings and have very suggestible minds.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
You don't die during first dialogue in AoD and if you die when clicking a dialogue it's because you have a whole army against you not some heart attack (which is very unlikely for a policeman to have since they need periodical medical exams, especially when you're not young). But yeah, dying like this is lame and not even funny, dying like this though is awesome:

nxy8eGn.jpg

And it's not just "click, click, click" through dialogue boxes, you literally go after the guards but the actual fight isn't shown for various reasons. Either way, totally different thing.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Something went very seriously wrong with the 2019 poll, but whatever. It's 2020 so let's just do a better job this year.

AoD is one of the best, if not the best, RPG of all time. It's not even a debate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom