Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous now on Kickstarter

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Alexander Mishulin; Chris Avellone; Oleg Shpilchevsky; Owlcat Games; Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

As promised last month, Owlcat Games' Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous righteously marched out to Kickstarter today. The pitch video offers a first glimpse of the game in motion, as various Owlcat staff including Oleg Shpilchevsky and Alexander Mishulin along with returning guest star Chris Avellone describe its design goals. It sounds like increasing the scope of roleplaying options over the original lawful good-centric tabletop adventure is a major concern. The pitch also highlights the game's two standout features - its adaptation of the Mythic Paths progression system and its strategic army management layer, which Owlcat are calling the Crusade system.

Owlcat Games is back on Kickstarter with a new RPG set in the Pathfinder universe – the Age of Lost Omens, the setting we love so much! We want to thank all the backers and contributors who helped us create our previous game, Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Now it’s time to craft a new epic adventure together!

As you may know, we at Owlcat Games have spent countless hours playing the Pathfinder tabletop RPG. We enjoyed it so much that we decided to bring this experience to the videogame format by creating a classic isometric party-based computer RPG called Pathfinder: Kingmaker. The phenomenal love and support shown for Kingmaker have inspired us to tell another story from the Age of Lost Omens. Today we are thrilled to introduce the adventure we are so passionate and excited about – Wrath of the Righteous!
  • Embark on a journey to a realm overrun by demons and rise to power by choosing one of six available Mythic Paths. Master their abilities and change the world around you as an Angel, a Lich, a Trickster, an Aeon, a Demon, or an Azata. Each Mythic Path leads to unique skills and appearance, and greatly impacts the game’s story.
  • Challenge the mighty Demon Lords and close the portal to the demonic plane of existence known as the Abyss.
  • Enjoy the flexibility, richness, and depth of the Pathfinder first edition ruleset. Create any character imaginable by choosing one of ten races, picking a particular class out of the 21 available, each with five archetypes for even greater customization. Gain access to more than a thousand spells, feats, and abilities, and select those that suit your playstyle. Take control of your party formation, help set up a camp, and find a way to victory by combining the strengths of your companions.
  • Lead the armies of the Fifth Crusade to victory in a new strategic layer of gameplay. In addition to the classic CRPG experience, step into the role of the Commander, gather troops, reinforce your stronghold, and send your armies to battle the demonic invasion across the map of the region. Send your crusaders to explore ancient ruins and recover powerful artifacts.
  • Experience a non-linear story about the cost of tremendous power that adventurers often seek, with tales of corruption caused by the demonic influence and redemption for those who have stepped on the wrong path.
  • Meet a new diverse cast of characters, including ten companions to recruit to your party and featuring multiple romance options to choose from.
  • Take control of five new classes (Arcanist, Bloodrager, Shaman, Oracle, and Witch) and meet a new race–the half-undead dhampir–in addition to the previous roster from Pathfinder: Kingmaker. The number of archetypes per class has increased to five as well.
  • Dive into the game even if you’re not familiar with the intricacies of the Pathfinder ruleset. Use an enhanced tutorial for newcomers to help you with character creation and get up to speed with the rules of the system.
  • Explore the world with updated visuals and a 360-degree rotating camera added for better playability and immersion.]
  • Current platforms: PC Windows (Steam, GOG)
  • Current languages: English, French, German, Chinese, Russian
More platforms and languages may be added in the future.

We want our new game to give you the same feeling as good old Pathfinder: Kingmaker Enhanced Edition. If you enjoyed Kingmaker, you will definitely love Wrath of the Righteous as well.

Owlcat aim to raise $300,000 for the development of Wrath of the Righteous, with an estimated delivery date of June 2021. The campaign is well on its way towards reaching that goal, though of course the real story is the stretch goals that will be unlocked afterwards. The Early Bird tier has already run out, so the cheapest you can get the game right now is $28. The Premium Digital Download edition with more bonus in-game items is available for $40 and Beta Early Access will cost you $99. There's also Alpha Early Access, available exclusively as a $15 add-on. No mention of DLC or a Season Pass, though perhaps that will come later.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I wanted to ask about a codex campaign but fuck it ... I pledged on KS.

Unfortunately the Early Bird option is already gone.

Shadenuat

Arcane
yeah era of 1 million in 24 h is not anymore.

wonder if spider swarms filtered out 70% of previous backers

Last edited:
Lol, leading armies? Truly these people have learned nothing from Shitmaker.

Owlcat dev 1: Comrade! Let us review: the first game had a decided lack of attention and resources allocated to the base RPG gameplay so that we could bring players a completely pointless, shallow, and tedious Kingdom side-game. Literally no one that played Shitmaker 1 enjoyed this part of it.
Owlcat dev 2: I see your point, my dear bolshevik. Clearly we must replace this pointless mini-game with another!
Owlcat dev 1: But my little vodkaman, don't you think it would be more logical to cut these alternate gameplay modes that we have absolutely no experience in and instead spend our hard earned rubles on the actual RPG?
Owlcat dev 2: You silly bear cub, logical has not figured in Russian discourse in over 500 years! Since Ivan the Terrible we have been trying to weed these "logical" fools out!
Owlcat dev 1: Ah, yes, you are correct my pierogi, let us then spend half the budget on a mobile tower defense game on top of the regular shitshow.
Owlcat dev 2: Hail Putin (and down with Gregz )!
Owlcat dev 1: Hail Putin!

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Pathfinder: Kingmaker was great.

A little short though, I killed the Stag Lord and got my barony after just 5 levels and then got the epilogue where you' and your friends are feasting at the castle where the adventure started.

Hopefully this one is a little longer.

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

The paths sound like an excellent idea - and having Avellone explain them in the Kickstarter video was a great idea too.

Now the question is how many times over they will overshoot their goal.

f37d288c8b40d061680b3c459863fff3_original.png

Lol, leading armies? Truly these people have learned nothing from Shitmaker.

Owlcat dev 1: Comrade! Let us review: the first game had a decided lack of attention and resources allocated to the base RPG gameplay so that we could bring players a completely pointless, shallow, and tedious Kingdom side-game. Literally no one that played Shitmaker 1 enjoyed this part of it.
Owlcat dev 2: I see your point, my dear bolshevik. Clearly we must replace this pointless mini-game with another!
Owlcat dev 1: But my little vodkaman, don't you think it would be more logical to cut these alternate gameplay modes that we have absolutely no experience in and instead spend our hard earned rubles on the actual RPG?
Owlcat dev 2: You silly bear cub, logical has not figured in Russian discourse in over 500 years! Since Ivan the Terrible we have been trying to weed these "logical" fools out!
Owlcat dev 1: Ah, yes, you are correct my pierogi, let us then spend half the budget on a mobile tower defense game on top of the regular shitshow.
Owlcat dev 2: Hail Putin (and down with Gregz )!
Owlcat dev 1: Hail Putin!

I think you are being a little unfair, if there's one thing the Kingdom made me realize is that I fucking hate ruling, organizing and constructing stuff (at least in games were that is not the primary focus). I want to keep adventuring forever, I don't even want a non-customizable place in the middle of nowhere to serve as storage, I'll keep my stuff on me all the time in bags of holding

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
If I'm getting this right the game sold close to 1 million copies, they also have a publisher (Deep Silver/THQ) and yet they are still begging for pre-orders for their new game because they've already spent most of their profits on vodka (plus game development is much cheaper in Russia than it is in USA or Germany for example, probably even cheaper than in Poland)? I don't see any reason to support them at this time.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Was about to pledge for the collectors edition, but once again it has weird dimensions.

Keep it around 20 cm x 15 cm x 5 cm

I want those fucks to fit on the shelf neatly with existing games ffs.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
If I'm getting this right the game sold close to 1 million copies, they also have a publisher (Deep Silver/THQ) and yet they are still begging for pre-orders for their new game because they've already spent most of their profits on vodka (plus game development is much cheaper in Russia than it is in USA or Germany for example, probably even cheaper than in Poland)? I don't see any reason to support them at this time.

AFAIK the point of this Kickstarter is more about public awareness and creating a buzz, less about the $$

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom