Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout et tu (Fallout to Fallout 2 engine conversion)

Yosharian

Arcane
I feel really bad for people who worked on hard on this, Lilura and her goons came in and fucked up what should be a positive thread with their retarded opinions

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I feel really bad for people who worked on hard on this, Lilura and her goons came in and fucked up what should be a positive thread with their retarded opinions

Wrong. We simply expressed our monocled views on the matter. Scrubs can express theirs, too.

When I wished the modder a nice day, I actually meant that, I was being civil, and I was done with the thread, but the modder gave me "participation award" and then made a false assertion, which needed to be addressed.

That's all there is to it. I consider this mod to be pure Decline, a complete waste of time and energy, and an utterly worthless undertaking. I won't even bother criticizing it on my blog because I deem its existence to be beneath formal commentary, and beneath formal contempt.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Strange, I hear the buzzing of an annoying gnat, yet when I look around to identify the source of this disturbance, all I see is a bearded lady

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Strange, I hear the buzzing of an annoying gnat, yet when I look around to identify the source of this disturbance, all I see is a bearded lady
Maybe, but bashing her for expressing her view, albeit wrong, invites echo chamber. Which is not a good idea, in my opinion.
Wrong. We simply expressed our monocled views on the matter. Scrubs can express theirs, too.
[...]
I've said my piece, and will now drop the modder and this thread into my iggy bin.
Although this kind of lack of charisma doesn't do her any favours.

I'm now tempted to make a webzone called Lilura 2, where I'm prasing everything she hates. I'll even roleplay as a female. If I get more hits than her, you think she'll start actually using the carrot, not just the stick?

Yosharian

Arcane
Maybe, but bashing her for expressing her view, albeit wrong, invites echo chamber. Which is not a good idea, in my opinion.
[...]
I've said my piece, and will now drop the modder and this thread into my iggy bin.
Although this kind of lack of charisma doesn't do her any favours.

I'm now tempted to make a webzone called Lilura 2, where I'm prasing everything she hates. I'll even roleplay as a female. If I get more hits than her, you think she'll start actually using the carrot, not just the stick?
I'm bashing her because she's an obnoxious twerp who vastly overestimates the importance of her own words, not because she offered a view in opposition to my own.

Lexx responded to her very charitably and even then she couldn't act like a decent human being and acknowledge his team's hard work. Of course she is free to express her views, and I'm free to express my view that she should fuck off at the nearest available opportunity and take care not to let the door hit her on the way out.

Lexx

Cipher
It's ok. I didn't start working on this to please all of the Codex. :D Started working on this because I always saw Fo1 as superior to Fo2, but I also love all the advancements in modding to Fo2 that we've made in the past 10 years. I mean, Stuff like this or this will never be possible in Fo1. It's also damn easy to make edits to Fo2, especially if you know the engine. At this point, we can do almost anything and that's pretty cool, imo.

If someone asks "What's the point", it's pretty clear that this mod isn't for them.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's ok. I didn't start working on this to please all of the Codex.

I don't think such a thing is possible. The hivemind meme is just that, a meme.

Anyways, well done on this. You've given people options and potentially opened the avenue for new and interesting mods. To those getting butthurt, maybe just don't use it?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Why should I play this over Fallout FIXT? which seems to be the gold agreed standard best mod for fallout 1 for ages? It includes so many good mods into 1 easy install?

Besides some of the smaller engine upgrades, why is this better? It seems to tamper with the original balance/vision just as FIXT does.

Is there a mod war between fixt team and this? sad

There's supposed to be a new FIXT version out soon too with many of the same improvements that this mod has?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I'm now tempted to make a webzone called Lilura 2, where I'm prasing everything she hates ... If I get more hits than her, you think she'll start actually using the carrot, not just the stick?

:lol::lol::lol:

You think you can compete with my King Content? That's a laugh. Your upstart commentary will be crushed.

I'm bashing her because she's an obnoxious twerp who vastly overestimates the importance of her own words, not because she offered a view in opposition to my own.

No, you're just a shill-scrub with a bee in your bonnet about me. You couldn't bash your way out of a paper bag.

Lexx responded to her very charitably and even then she couldn't act like a decent human being and acknowledge his team's hard work.

I've been civil to Lexx despite his cocksure attitude about his mod. Lots of people work hard, and yet the fruits of their labor are of dubious merit. This is one such example.

Of course she is free to express her views, and I'm free to express my view that she should fuck off at the nearest available opportunity and take care not to let the door hit her on the way out.

Telling me to fuck off as a newfag is a bit rich, don't you think?

Remember: The provocation comes from you shill-scrubs. All I did was express my views.

Recap:

Lexx's mod is promoted on a public forum
As a Fallout commentator and defender of its legacy, I questioned the worth of his mod
(based on how shoving an original campaign into a sequel engine changes its nature -- it's what Beamdog's did to BG, IWD and PS:T)
He responded in a cocksure and inaccurate manner
I called it out and he didn't respond amicably
Butthurt ensued from shill-scrubs and impotent hate-squads who think Fallout mods are auto-monocled
(they aren't; Fallout doesn't need mods or even fixes to be GOAT)

Last edited:

Lexx

Cipher
Why should I play this over Fallout FIXT? which seems to be the gold agreed standard best mod for fallout 1 for ages? It includes so many good mods into 1 easy install?

Besides some of the smaller engine upgrades, why is this better? It seems to tamper with the original balance/vision just as FIXT does.

There's supposed to be a new FIXT version out soon too with many of the same improvements that this mod has?

Fixt is a Fallout 1 mod, this is a Fallout 2 mod.
This mod is based on the last released version of Fixt. There is no mod war or anything like that - you can't use both at the same time, because they are made for different games. However, I did fix a boatload of bugs that were still present in Fo1 vanilla and Fixt. I've also tweaked and / or removed features for various reasons.

About the possible new Fixt release: It can't really do what we are doing here, so no matter what, it won't be the same. Which mod is better for you really just depends on how much you want the new Fo2 mechanics and mods. If you don't care about any of that, then you can keep playing Fixt on Fo1.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
[Why on earth would a IE veteran who is also a combatfag ever play vanilla BG again? Already in my first playthrough the game started boring me because it was too easy with no Call for Help scripts, for example. Sword Coast Strategems elevates a medicore game (in the opinion of this combatfag, at least) to a minor masterpiece.

It seems you're a victim of early onset dementia? I've written what amounts to an essay on this topic.

I reread some of your blog posts, and you don't really address the issue. You have some points about TuTu or BGT unbalancing things, and some things (many of them cosmetic) being superior in BG1, but IMO the only thing that seriously unbalances BG1 using the BG2 engine is the prestige classes, which can wholly be avoided by simply not choosing one for CHARNAME.
SCS is just mentioned is passing as being "garbage" or something like that.
I can't see that you have addressed the issue of how easy vanilla BG1 is.

Now, go and play IWD2. I want to read what you write about it (I enjoyed your IWD write-up).

Thanks, but it will probably take me a couple of years to reach IWD2. In the meantime I may replay the IWD+HoW+TLL+mods yet again (there is a reason IWD is the party based CRPG I have played most times).

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

Fixt is a Fallout 1 mod, this is a Fallout 2 mod.
This mod is based on the last released version of Fixt. There is no mod war or anything like that - you can't use both at the same time, because they are made for different games. However, I did fix a boatload of bugs that were still present in Fo1 vanilla and Fixt. I've also tweaked and / or removed features for various reasons.

About the possible new Fixt release: It can't really do what we are doing here, so no matter what, it won't be the same. Which mod is better for you really just depends on how much you want the new Fo2 mechanics and mods. If you don't care about any of that, then you can keep playing Fixt on Fo1.

I mean, your mod is a fallout 1 mod, too at least in spirit, since the game you are playing with the fo2 engine is fallout 1 with benefits from the fallout 2 engine, right? It's abit confusing to me.

I care about getting the most complete, restored content, bug-free fallout 1 experience, and I am wondering which mod gets me that.

So what you are saying is, you have everything that FIXT has, but expands upon that with more stuff and engine fixes from FO2, is that correct?

What I was looking for keeping everything good about FIXT and then adding some of your beefits to it. Sort of like the ultimate mod pack for fallout 1.

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
Writes "will now drop the modder and this thread into my iggy bin."
Proceeds to post in the thread.
nice.png

Lexx

Cipher
I mean, your mod is a fallout 1 mod, too at least in spirit, since the game you are playing with the fo2 engine is fallout 1 with benefits from the fallout 2 engine, right? It's abit confusing to me.

So what you are saying is, you have everything that FIXT has, but expands upon that with more stuff and engine fixes from FO2, is that correct?

What I was looking for keeping everything good about FIXT and then adding some of your beefits to it. Sort of like the ultimate mod pack for fallout 1.

Something like that. You are playing the *content* of Fallout 1 as a mod in Fallout 2, though. The only reason Fallout 1 must be installed as well is because we are extracting graphic and sound files which don't exist in Fo2 (talking heads, speech files, tiles, etc).

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Writes "will now drop the modder and this thread into my iggy bin."
Proceeds to post in the thread.
nice.png

There is not a thread on this forum that Lilura will not try to turn towards xerself.

Saying that, prima donna behaviour is very fitting with the "female" persona.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
She can't help it, she just loves hearing herself talk.

It's not that, bargh. All I did was express my views. Then, the shill-scrubs became upset and started getting personal. This is an eye for an eye. If they keep it up, I'll formally take them to task on my blog.

And this modder, in the news-thread, is trying to devalue the original and authoritative version of Fallout in order to prop up his Beamdog mod. Because that's what this is. Beamdog shoved BG, IWD and PS:T into the BG2 engine, and he's shoving Fallout into the Fallout 2 engine.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
She can't help it, she just loves hearing herself talk.

It's not that, bargh. All I did was express my views. Then, the shill-scrubs became upset and started getting personal. This is an eye for an eye. If they keep it up, I'll formally take them to task on my blog.

And this modder, in the news-thread, is trying to devalue the original and authoritative version of Fallout in order to prop up his Beamdog mod. Because that's what this is. Beamdog shoved BG, IWD and PS:T into the BG2 engine, and he's shoving Fallout into the Fallout 2 engine.

It would be really easy to automate Lilura with a bot. Just chain together variations of the following:

Authoritative X, SCS bad. My supreme authoritative write up with six gorillion views on Y.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom