Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
he has hour long sperg rants about how much it sucks in shoutbox, you shouldn't take people at face-value

That's fair advice, but I'm not sure if a Shoutbox spergfest is a true indicator of honesty...

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Also storyfags who want to fake it, like felipe, give themselves away as frauds.

games are about gameplay, and this includes rpgs.
You wish it'd be that easy concerning video games. While a book is about the story, a volleyball game about gameplay, a videogame, especially a rpg, has elements of both.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
You wish it'd be that easy concerning video games. While a book is about the story, a volleyball game about gameplay, a videogame, especially a rpg, has elements of both.

Storytelling doesn't require dialog. If you agree then we are on the same page. Story in games is an intrinsic value, usually born out of symbology in order to enable player psychology.

Take two stick figures, Figure A attacks Figure B, it has fun gameplay mechanics and players like it, but they grow bored.

Take the same game, and now turn Figure A into a Knight and Figure B into a DRAGON, the gameplay mechanics remain the same but now players love it and become invested in it because of their natural response to archetypical storytelling. And not one word is utilized.

In this sense I agree that story is an essential element to all video games.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
People will call me retarded because I don't like Fallout and proceed to upvote my posts on other games that they agree with. Plenty of people here like SHIT games, and no one cares. I'm the opposite, in that I can't think of a single RPG that I like that people would call bad, but there are many RPGs that people would consider good that I just don't care for.
Chon did play Fallout, and respects it for what it is.
I mean, I respect the atmosphere, I respect some elements of the writing, and I have a lot of respect for the reactivity that is present in both games. But both Fallout games have terrible gameplay, which would be enough to ruin it if I was a combat fag, and the writing is nothing special either. AoD, Underrail, PS:T, BG, IWD, etc, all of have better writing than the FO series. So if I don't enjoy playing it, and I don't enjoy the story that's being told, why in gods name would I enjoy the game?
That's fair advice, but I'm not sure if a Shoutbox spergfest is a true indicator of honesty...
This is true. I'm sure people could bring up some retarded stuff I've said while shitboxing, but I only go in there when it's like 2 AM at night, or I'm high, or I'm drunk, so whatever.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
My IWD2 Retrospective has been posted.

iwd2.jpg

I didn't bother commenting on dialogue or story because who cares about dialogue and story? That's for fags.

Also, here is what I posted a couple pages back:

02.jpg

And here I am now:

03.jpg

Backlinks haven't changed (no mainstream support) and yet OK and OMT inclines. This is due to King Content.

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just read the retrospective. Content like that reminds me of how good Lilura is when she's on. Great read, and I'm definitely going to play through IWD 2 now.

Self-Ejected

Daze

Red Panda Alt
Just read the retrospective. Content like that reminds me of how good Lilura is when she's on. Great read, and I'm definitely going to play through IWD 2 now.
Also Lilura has gigantic balls ∨ boobs that i would suck all day.

Last edited:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
IWD 2 was awesome, interesting and powerful spells. I need to play that series again. Don't make em like that anymore :(

Self-Ejected

Daze

Red Panda Alt
Lilura liking Icewind Dale is the most inconsistent thing since the world of Risen 3.

Thunar

Educated
If her rambling would be coherent she would despise all IE games.

Not sure that's the worst inconsistency she has.
For one, I don't understand how it's possible to proclaim oneself as an RPG expert, and yet only being able to enjoy the same 3 games with the same exact design...
You'd think that you'd broaden your horizon after however many years of gaming. Idk, open up to new perspectives or something.
Say what you want about the CRPG addict but he's at least able to enjoy a wide ranging variety of rpgs and find redeeming qualities in the worst of them.
That to me is much more appealing than some facade of absolute objectivity and google supremacy.

Edit: I guess that's what Scorpia's blog would have looked like if she didn't disappear at the end of the 20th century.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Edit: I guess that's what Scorpia's blog would have looked like if she didn't disappear at the end of the 20th century.
Scorpia didn't like combat crawls, the only things they really have in common are crankiness and gender.

Fishy

Savant
I'm sorry Lilura, I love IE games, but I can't get over the fact that you think the IWD games would have been improved by tying them up with one of the most cringeworthy emo mary-sue fantasy characters ever. If I didn't know better, I'd assume this is the blog of a 12-years old whose only previous exposure to fantasy was Harry Potter. Drizzt ffs?!

You've got some generally damn solid taste and opinions, so this was a bit awkward. Unless you meant that it'd have been a shitty idea but it'd have sold more copies, in which case I'd have to sadly agree.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom