Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Cyber Knights: Flashpoint - the latest tactical RPG from Trese Brothers - now available on Early Access

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tresebrothers/cyber-knights

Cyber Knights: Flashpoint is a turn-based squad tactics RPG for PC (Windows, Mac, Linux) and mobile (Android, iOS).

Explore the dystopian cyberpunk future of 2231 as you command a company of shadow mercenaries working for the highest bidder. Cyber Knights wraps a world full of consequential story choices and significant character development around a rich core of classic and new mechanics. The game combines tactical elements like stealth, hacking and tense combat with strategic features like base building, contact management and in-depth squad customization. Cyber Knights invites you to jack in and explore a unique cyberpunk world and the immersive, human stories of your merc team in the dark future of 2231.

Last edited:

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
The game is looking pretty damn good, as expected. They definitely have my money, the question is how much.

Somewhat related to that: Everytime when these KSs have tiers that allow you to put NPCs into the game with portraits an all, I wonder if it legally possible to put someone else into the game without their consent. I mean, how do these KSs even check it is really me if I sent them a picture for instance? Do they ask for ID or something? Anyone ever done that?

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
These guys have come a long way. It's inspiring.

I should probably add Templar Battleforce and Star Traders: Frontiers to the Codex Curator.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
You kinda have to get past the Is-This-A-Mobile-Game/Trash-? effect, I know I did.

I couldn't, maybe i should try again sometimes.
Felt a bit like the poor man's beggar's incubation.

In a slightly different genre (combat system is slightly similar though), i couldn't get into Age of Fear either.

Back on the topic, seems like the battle system improved a lot, interesting.

Yeah, i can control a team of lesbian mercenaries ... :shredder:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Oh there's a Steam page btw:

Explore the dystopian cyberpunk future of 2231 as you command a company of shadow mercenaries working for the highest bidder. Cyber Knights wraps a world full of consequential story choices and significant character development around a rich core of classic and new mechanics. The game combines tactical elements like stealth, hacking and tense combat with strategic features like base building, contact management and in-depth squad customization. Cyber Knights invites you to jack in and explore a unique cyberpunk world and the immersive, human stories of your merc team in the dark future of 2231.

ks_title_gameplay_simple.png

• Turn-based Tactics: Deep and tactical gameplay using a turn-based, gridless third-person combat simulator. Cover! Overwatch! Recoil!
  • Dynamic Cyberpunk Story: Unique interwoven narrative with depth, meaningful player choices and hundreds of hours of gameplay
  • Sophisticated Missions: Combine stealth, hacking and combat across multi-stage missions. Gain pre-mission advantages from Contacts
  • Endless of Builds: Experiment with endless combos of Jobs, cyberware, weapons and gadgets to build the perfect team
  • Evolving Characters: Your team evolves as the story, your choices and battle leave lasting wounds, add Traits and threaten to strip their humanity
  • Safehouse Base Building: Construct a custom safehouse and upgrade rooms such as weapon shop, hund kennel and medical bay.

3_Concepts-oprtimize.gif

ks_title_story.png

Cyber Knights strikes a unique tone with a futuristic setting that has passed through the messy near-future to arrive at dystopian 2231. Man-made environmental disasters have ravaged our biosphere. Artificial consciousness has been created, subsequently murdered, and then strictly outlawed at a global level. Megacorporate colonies and research stations dot the solar system from Venus to Jupiter. Quantum computing has radically altered the digital landscape and the very meaning of privacy and digital security.

The game's threaded stories originate from both inside and outside your team -- weaving together threads from your hired mercenaries, criminal connections and history that just won’t die. These stories operate on three interconnected and at times overlapping levels -- personal stories (your team), contact stories (your employers) and event stories (city-wide).

And every choice you make and mission you run will impact your character's permanent Traits, changing them in both subtle and big ways. Their stories and your choices combine to create a unique narrative for every game, every Knight and every team.

ks_title_team.png

The second game our studio created, Cyber Knights RPG, took hundreds of thousands of gamers on an gritty cyberpunk roller-coaster, trying to get rich or go down shooting. The classic Cyber Knights has always had a huge following within our community and we are xcited to come back to the world and stories we started creating there so many years ago with an all new game, Cyber Knights: Flashpoint.

We’re weaving together the genre’s classic themes with the unique setting and history of Cyber Knights to create some of the most cutting, gripping and human stories we’ve ever told. Betrayal, sacrifice, trading away humanity for an advantage, living fast and dying young, revenge and testing the bonds of friendship and trust -- it's all here under the New Boston dome.

Last edited:

Ruchy

Scholar
Backed, have enjoyed their previous offerings and this looks no different. I think this might actually be the Shadowrun I wanted.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This is going to sound decline but this sounds fucking amazing on mobile actually. Now there was some concern for me, which were the digital rewards column that mention boosted starts, as well as an exclusive ally? And that ally is the $100 tier? Will that guy just be DLC in the future or is he exclusive to that?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Stretch goals: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tresebrothers/cyber-knights/posts/2746703

Funded!
a83147c626f2644233d36caeb6de9818_original.jpg

Did that just happen? Really!?!

We have heard for years that our community wanted us to make another Cyber Knights game but now you’ve shown us just how serious you were about it.

So, we have stretch goals -- and we’ll talk about that in few -- but we'd be missing the point if we didn't take a moment to just reflect on what's happened here. When you build a Kickstarter, you hope it's going to fund. In your most optimistic moments, you might even allow yourself to daydream that the campaign is going to blow up. But then you come back down to reality, get back to work, and continue the grind. Well, you blew it up! You funded this project in under 12 hours and we are so excited. Blown away. Thank you all!

With the campaign now fully funded, we’re excited to unlock our first wave of stretch goals! This first set includes a mix of bonus rewards for every backer, new character outfits and drones and ends with the “Valkyrie Zero” story expansion at the $100,000 mark.

We’re keeping the $150,000 and above stretch goals hidden for now as we don’t want to get ahead of ourselves.

e7095c2f404c683002c2802278e5de65_original.png

• Wallpaper Alpha & Beta Pack: Each wallpaper pack contains 3 Kickstarter Exclusive digital wallpapers focusing on the characters and setting of the game.
  • Lore Book: This extended PDF guide will introduce the Cyber Knights world, review the timeline and discuss major players and themes in the game’s world. Once complete, it will be made available to all Cyber Knights players free of charge.
  • Cyberkeen Digital Reward: Backers will receive an unlock code to enable an in-game option that turns on a Kickstarter exclusive starting Trait for their Knight, Cyberkeen. This background Trait provides your Knight access to a gamma-grade nano-clinic for their spinal implant, avoiding some of the side effects and producing a tighter neural mesh.
  • New Streets Outfit: The art team will expand the fashion catalog with a newly designed set of streetwear to join the 30 planned outfit options. We will publish the new concept art in a Kickstarter update. This outfit will be available to all players.
  • New Scout Drone: Your drone pilot will have a new toy to try out as this sleek new scout drone will come whizzing onto the scene to join the 4 planned types of drone hulls. This drone will be available to all players.
  • “Valkryie Zero” Narrative: This stretch goal will add an additional late-game storyline that you can chase into the depths of the city’s lore and history. The New Boston Zone holds many secrets including the truth of the events leading up to the fall of Knight Horizon megacorp in 2218.
Andrew and I also want to thank the amazing team who has made this project a reality and helped ensure this campaign is the best it can be. We owe a great debt of gratitude to our team members and partners who have helped bring the game to this point. Thank you to the Cyber Knights team! We look forward to working with you to fulfill the rewards and stretch goals.

No campaign survives without a good connection to the backers. Being able to communicate with you over the upcoming weeks on Discord and Kickstarter about improving and shaping the game is something we are very excited about. I encourage you to participate in the comments, join our Discord, post on the forum or send us an email. Tell us what you like and what changes you want to see. We can't promise to use every suggestion, but we can promise we'll consider them all seriously.

Thank you for your support,

Cory and Andrew Trese

ArchAngel

Arcane
Seems better than their previous games but still feels like a mobile game by the looks of that KS video.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...r-knights-flashpoint-their-new-cyberpunk-rpg/

The Trese Brothers dish details on Cyber Knights: Flashpoint, their new cyberpunk RPG

It’s no secret that I adore Star Traders: Frontiers, the space captain RPG. It was my favourite game of 2018 and one of the best of the decade, and still threatens to consume my weekends whenever I carelessly click on its icon.

Its creators, the Trese Brothers (it’s pronounced “Trese”), have just successfully funded their new game, Cyber Knights: Flashpoint on Kickstarter. They met their goal in under 12 hours. Like Frontiers, which was also partly crowdfunded, it’s an original RPG set in the same world as one of their earlier mobile games, but ramping up the scope, ambition, and production values. I took the opportunity to corner them with some questions about their studio and their plans for the new game.

The Treseses have been making games for close to a decade, initially working on mobile RPGs like Templar Assault and Age of Pirates before spreading to PC. “Cyber Knights: Flashpoint is a game we’ve been dreaming about for years. To use as few words as possible, it is a new cyberpunk RPG with some XCOM elements,” says Cory Trese. “Our aim is for Flashpoint to be a major step up in terms of scope and graphics compared to Star Traders: Frontiers. Over the past year we’ve expanded our team and retooled our studio’s workflow around this new engine.”

“It’s also our first 3D game, so my job as art director feels completely different. We’ve been preparing for this step up to 3D for years, but to finally make the leap still seems like a dream,” Andrew Trese adds. It is indeed a big step.

jpg

A stealth bit, probably.

It’s clear even from this very early stage that Cyber Knights: Flashpoint will present a new technical challenge, not just by moving to 3D, but also by abandoning tile-based movement and combat. That’s a particularly interesting choice given the widespread XCOM style “tiles and two actions” standard we see in turn based tactics games, and it suggests a more granular level of detail. “We have a lot of experience building tile-based combat games, like Templar Battleforce where we approximate combat mechanics like grenades into tiles,” Andrew explains. “The gridless nature of Cyber Knights lets us implement these combat features in a much more natural fashion.” He gives examples: grenade damage decreases depending on the target’s distance in metres from the detonation point; targets you can hit with a full auto burst from your weapon are determined by the field of fire angle.

Cory says that the most important thing to them is to balance the simulation elements with “really fun and fluid” combat. “Gridless movement and combat system is going to let us do some really cool stuff,” he says. “We’re using an action-point pool system to give the player granular control on the battlefield and a wide range of options including talents, cybernetic abilities and loadout items. While we’re not using hardcore simulation features like exhaustion and bleeding, we do have a detailed cover, recoil and visibility systems.”

That’s the shooty bits sorted, then. I’m curious what players can expect to get up to in between tactical maps, and when I lazily make reference XCOM again, Cory does not complain. “XCOM players will probably feel comfortable in the Safehouse – a multi-room base where team members are completing long-term strategic tasks like crafting, modding weapons or undergoing cybernetic surgery.”

They’re keen to tie this into the role playing, playing up their plans for a dynamic world beyond the fighting. You play as a Cyber Knight who works for “the most dangerous and unpredictable power-brokers of the New Boston Zone”, and they all of these power brokers will have their own agendas in the game’s political simulator. Staying successful will require working a network of fixers, crimelords and megacorp agents, negotiating contracts and getting access to weapons and cyberware to gear up your team. This will be, I am told, a kind of upgraded, expanded version of the Contracts in Star Traders: Frontiers
jpg

The early movement and combat system in action

“Going on a mission isn’t just a click and go,” says Andrew. “You’re going to want to gather pre-mission advantages like paying a bribe to a local security officer, forging some fake security passes, buying a stolen passcode from a fixer or having a hacker cook up a custom-made virus for the target’s security network.”

One of the strongest elements of Frontiers was its reconciliation of story missions with the degree of freedom you had. Its main plot could go in multiple directions, and you could pursue threats at once. Events would also proceed without you if you failed or ignored jobs, or were too busy meddling in politics to investigate a conspiracy theory. The brothers say that they always try to reuse what worked best from their last game, and this is no exception.

“We’re working to weave together three layers of stories – big city wide events, the stories of your employers and the personal storylines of your team,” Andrew explains. “There will be multiple stories going on at the same time, so you’ll have to make choices prioritising which to pursue, delay or straight out ignore.” The latter will sound familiar to experienced star traders, but I’m intrigued by the prospect of personal storylines, as well as everything interweaving more – crewmen in Frontiers were colourful, but not all that active.

Cory describes an example. After you accept a job to infiltrate a Crane Technologies lab to steal a drone prototype, a hacker from your team might ask you for a favour. He tells you that his sister was on an indenture to Crane Tech, but she vanished two years ago and the megacorp has maintained a “no comment” stance on her whereabouts. If you agree to help him, your hacker stands to gain a positive loyalty-related Trait. And his story hook will add a secondary objective to hack a personnel system while you’re in the Crane facility and discover her whereabouts. This could then snowball into a revenge or rescue mission, or something more.

jpg

Early model work. It’s fine, I don’t need a flamboyant pirate outfit. It’s fine. I’m fine.

The brothers’ enthusiasm is obvious, and Cory says that “the opportunity to build connections between these story types is one of the areas that is really exciting.”

“Cyberpunk is a live fast and die young setting and we want to embrace that by giving characters a voice and a story from beyond the grave,” adds Andrew. “The engine will include narratives based on a character’s death. One example we’ve already written features your deceased friend’s son asking to join the team as a way up and out.”

I can’t not ask the genre question. Personal bugbear aside, cyberpunk is very much in vogue this year, but what exactly does it mean here? Andrew has an answer ready: “Like a lot of kids in our generation, the bright orange VHS tape of Johnny Mnemonic lead us to Neuromancer, Blade Runner, Shadowrun and more. As we grew up and got into tech ourselves, we always dreamed of making a game that explores themes like transhumanism, dataism, artificial consciousness, corporate warfare and environmental collapse.”

“Flashpoint, like many cyberpunk games, gives the player the opportunity to play enhanced transhuman characters with cybernetics that give them superhuman capabilities,” says Cory, chiming in. “However, we haven’t shied away from showing the dangers of cyberware – the risks, drawbacks and costs of slicing your way into a cyborg.” They both appear keen to make a genre piece, not just an aesthetic, and Andrew says that the game “won’t just mention environmental collapse and corporate warfare in the world-building preamble”. They want the game to allow players a real opportunity to dig into the genre.

jpg

Templar Battleforce pits players against the alien horrors who later terrify crews in Star Traders: Frontiers

Looking back through their catalogue, you can see consistent ideas crop up a lot. The Dune-ish space feudalism backdrop of Star Traders: Frontiers is shared with several of their earlier titles, most notably Templar Battleforce, a turn based tactical squad shooter with a zealous space marine feel.

Flashpoint will similarly share a setting with the mobile-exclusive Cyber Knights RPG, but PC players are more likely to be familiar with Star Traders. I asked Cory how they’ll compare. “We’re bringing favourite mechanics from Star Traders: Frontiers like the threaded story, evolving characters, Trait mutations and branching missions into Cyber Knights: Flashpoint,” he said. “Oh, and save slots. Definitely save slots.”

Save games were one of few major complaints when I wrote about Frontiers before its full release. But the pair were willing to compromise on that point, adding several save game systems and optional degrees of permadeath.

This kind of active feedback and interaction with fans is vital to the duo, and they’ve built an appreciative audience over the years. It’s paid off, says Andrew. “If we have a secret it is to invite players behind the scenes and make them part of the process whenever you can,” he explains, adding that they owe a “huge debt of gratitude” to their community, many of whom have been following their games for years. “We are proud of our approach and what we’ve been able to accomplish over the decade. It has not been easy and we have been lucky to be in the right place at the right time several times.”

It’s easy to look at the studio’s history and think “this is how game dev should be”: starting out with smaller projects to gather an audience, then expanding both it and your ambitions over time. But it rarely works out like that, and even developers who appear to do everything right still struggle to survive. Cory explains that they try to remain focused on building a studio, rather than making just one game. This allows them to look at their smaller projects as all making progress towards the goal. “Another thing that has worked for us is embracing our constraints and trying to turn our limits into advantages,” he adds. “With the right perspective, limited resources force you to be creative, to really focus on what matters to your players. We don’t have big AAA budgets and 8K graphics and that just requires us to deliver unique gameplay and top-tier support.”

Cory says, though, that it hasn’t all been smooth sailing. “Our studio has been through a number of near-death experiences. Patent trolls have threatened us with lawsuits and we’ve survived hackers, thieves, pirates and scammers along the way. There have been multiple times we didn’t have enough money left after paying our bills to pay ourselves.”

They both acknowledge their luck, but Andrew points out that sense of perspective helps them a lot: “These types of setbacks are easier to handle when you’re playing the long game and trying to build a studio.”

Feedback can be a source of inspiration too, especially for the five Star Traders games Andrew has written. “I’m always finding new angles and inspirations from our alpha players, our Kickstarter creative backers and just our community at large,” he says. “It’s especially addictive that the updates keep evolving not only the game’s mechanics but also moving the big galactic story forward in meaningful ways. That just keeps me coming back for more.”

jpg

Courtly and corporate skulduggery were a staple of Star Traders: Frontiers

Anyone who’s kept an eye on Frontiers has likely noted how often and for how long it’s been updated. It’s already past its 100th update since its release in 2018, many adding or substantially fleshing out content and options, with some adding major plotlines or enhancements to AI and ship combat. Burnout and crunch are still dark stains on the industry, and I’m probably not the first to worry that the Trese Brothers never seem to take a break.

But Cory insists he would probably just spend a holiday playing more Star Traders anyway. “I really love playing space trading games, and I play a lot of Star Traders: Frontiers. I’m honestly really looking forward to playing the heck out of the sequel, whenever that gets made,” he says, while I shush a suddenly excited voice in my head. “Until then, I have to be satisfied with updates to the current one.”

They’re also lucky to have a strong rapport and a relationship that works, rather than being undone by the stresses of game development. “Having played most of the same games our entire lives – and usually playing them together – Andrew and I have a pretty special ability to see eye-to-eye on design decisions. And we can get really mad at each other and then get over it quickly,” says Cory. “I don’t know anyone else with whom I could have done this.”

jpg

‘Hund’ units will be making a comeback. You probably shouldn’t pet them.

While the studio does have a good track record and a strong community behind them, it’s still early days. Funding games is often difficult to talk about, and crowdfunding can be a particularly thorny prospect for everyone involved. But it’s familiar ground to the team, and Andrew reassures me that crowdfunding isn’t a last ditch effort. “We believe in the game and have invested a lot of time and money, so we’re going to finish it. We’ve got a great team working to envision and create this rich cyberpunk world with all its style, edge and glam.” He does acknowledge, however, that without a successful Kickstarter the overall scope would be smaller than and take longer to finish.

“Kickstarter can be nerve-wracking but we’ve got an amazing community at our back. They’ve been waiting and wanting this game for a long time and we’ve worked with them at every step of the way. We’ve had two previous successes on Kickstarter and delivered both of the games, which has helped us learn a lot about what works, what doesn’t and how to deliver for our backers. That said, every Kickstarter creator has to be cautious not to threaten their ability to deliver. Therefore much of any additional funds we can get are going to be funnelled into growing the team so that we can make more on an acceptable timeline.”

I’m feeling cruel as we wrap things up. What would the duo do if their campaign was showered with $300 million in funding? When do they stop adding new features? Or do they just buy a yacht, pick a direction, and see how far they get? Andrew does not take the bait. “If the yacht is a metaphor representing an improved and more powerful Trese Brothers Games, capable of safely crossing the metaphorical seas of game development and keeping our collaborators and community safe from sea monsters and games without save slots, then yes. I think we would buy this yacht.”

Spoilsport.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tresebrothers/cyber-knights/posts/2747831

First 48 Update

Knights, Backers and Friends,

Cory and I are beyond excited about the progress the campaign has already made! We have now passed the first two stretch goals and the backer count on the project has nearly doubled throughout the day. We feel so fortunate to have your support on Cyber Knights and to have such an excited and positive community rallied around the game.

One of the joys of our day was sharing the good news and celebrating with our extended team. With your help we’ll hit additional stretch goals, so join us in sharing the project with anyone you think would like it.

We are rolling into the last 12 hours of the “Horizon Cypher” early backer free reward and have hit our first two stretch goals. We’ve provided a bit of extra detail about each below along with some other helpful resources -- if you need to back the game via PayPal, want to wishlist the game on Steam or just want to know how to find us to ask questions.

We’ve ended with a question we’d love to hear your feedback on -- what types of game and content-focused updates are you eager to see?

df608efb7808d36b716591e36a5f5834_original.png

Stretch Goal: On the Level
  • The Alpha Wallpaper Pack contains 3 Kickstarter Exclusive digital wallpapers focusing on the characters from the game in stylized renderings.
  • Backers will receive an unlock code to enable an in-game option that turns on a Kickstarter exclusive starting Trait for their Knight, Cyberkeen. This background Trait provides your Knight access to a gamma-grade nano-clinic for their spinal implant, avoiding some of the side effects and producing a tighter neural mesh.
Stretch Goal: New Streets Outfit
  • The art team will expand the fashion catalog with a newly designed set of streetwear to join the 30 planned outfit options. We will publish the new concept art in a Kickstarter update once the new design is ready. This outfit will be available in the game for all players.
2ab78fa491624854182ae61def6542d2_original.png

PayPal Link
If you want to pledge to the campaign outside of Kickstarter, you can now use our PayPal pledge page. The stretch goals for the project can be reached with PayPal pledges and we’ll keep careful track of that and announce any that are hit.

Steam Page
In preparation for the game’s eventual launch, we’ve opened a Coming Soon page on Steam, where you can follow the game or add it to your wishlist. We hope you’ll join us on the community discussion boards by posting a comment, question or your support for the game’s campaign.

How to reach the Trese Brothers
As always, we’re on the Trese Brothers Discord server where we are welcoming Knights and players of all of our games to come and hang out. We’re online every day -- come share your stories, feedback and get involved. We also have our popular Trese Brothers Games Forum for players who prefer a less real-time form of communication.

Trese Brothers on Twitch
You can find Cory (and sometimes Andrew) on the Trese Brothers Twitch where we are streaming game development, answering questions and talking about the studio Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4PM EST.

What updates do you need to read?
We’re excited about some of our planned features like “Tactical Thursdays” and “Stretch Goal Friday” that deliver content we know a Kickstarter campaign needs. We are curious, however, about what you want to hear more about. If there is an update title, topic, concept or question you’d like to see for a future Flashpoint Kickstarter Update, please post it in the comments below!

Thank you again for your support!

Andrew and Cory Trese

Trese Brothers Games

05c65f52014929ca7bd2d0ecec205ff1_original.jpg

Farewell into the night

Looks kind of intersting. i might check it out later.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tresebrothers/cyber-knights/posts/2748658

PAX East + AMA + Twitch + Survivor Poll
45d7bd2594a728ee0a6225a1e65a65c2_original.gif

Refining lighting and post-processing settings for industrial facilities beneath the city

Backers, Cyber Knights and new Recruits,

What a monster start you've turned in! Cyber Knights: Flashpoint has now marked off another stretch goal and seems to just keep going! Today, we’re sharing an update focusing on all the different ways you can connect with us -- at the 2020 PAX East, on Reddit for tomorrow’s AMA and live on Twitch!

4ef81df2a194b6f23bde0cfb35617fc9_original.png

Trese Brothers at PAX East
We are thrilled to announce that both Andrew and I will be at PAX East in Boston, Massachusetts this year from February 27th to March 1st! What a fitting venue -- I can all imagine the New Boston Dome stretching over our heads and drones whirling overhead. We’ll be joining the Kickstarter team in their big room right above the main convention floor. We’re excited to have a chance to share the game with such a huge audience and hope that if you are coming to PAX East that you will take a detour up to the Kickstarter room to say hello!

Both Andrew and I will be in the Kickstarter room from Thursday to Sunday from 10 AM EST to noon EST. As it happens, PAX East falls right in the lead up to the campaign's final week, so we’ll be there drumming up extra support and showing off the game’s prototype. For the rest of the day, we’ll be around the show or hanging in the room. Please comment below to let us know if you’re going to be there!

0ddaca502abb98ceb2f7bcfb6649eac1_original.jpg

One of the newest streetwear outfits coming off the block
Reddit AMA Schedule for 2/6/2020
Andrew and I will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Reddit tomorrow in the /r/pcgaming subreddit at 11AM EST. Watch our Twitter, Discord and Kickstarter page for links to the Reddit around that time. In attendance will be myself, Cory Trese (Design, Development, Dinosaurs) and my brother, Andrew Trese (Creative Director, Art Director, Pumas) answering any questions you might have. We’ll be around for at least the first four hours, and then we’ll jump over to Twitch …

Twitch Stream: History of Trese Brothers!
Trese Brothers has led Andrew and I on a pretty wild adventure between 2010 and 2020, and “How did you get here?” is a question we’ve heard from backers this week. We figured one of the best ways to share that journey is to sit down and tell the story, together. We’ll be co-hosting a Trese Brothers stream on Twitch, at 4PM EST. There will be stories, jokes, toasts and roasts as we recount the decade that made Trese Brothers what it is.

81bcf8cee025569b8283c2584d48f748_original.png

As a hunder is to war dogs, a drone pilot is to drones!

Classic Survivor Poll!
You may have played or heard of the original Cyber Knights which launched 10 years ago on Android only. It feels like a lifetime ago and was our second game in a long string of games that lead us here. But like all of our games, it has a compelling gameplay loop and deep mechanics that has kept it a favorite among many of our core community and still helps it get downloaded today.

For those players who know Cyber Knights classic, we’ve got a special poll for you tonight. Cyber Knights: Flashpoint is set 14 years after the original, so it's very feasible some of the famous characters are still alive and kicking. You may vote one time in the comments on this update thread with the name of one of the three characters who survives to Flashpoint’s start date and will be featured in the game. I know this might get heated so play nice, Knights ;)
  • Eliza Krofter (she was the young Knight you save in “Made, Not Born” storyline)
  • Clive Zep (he was your first merc)
  • Side-Arm Gerrin (she was a famous Los V gang warlord)
Obviously, Max Mercer is still alive. Everyone else dies. Now get voting!!!

Thank you for your support,

Cory and Andrew Trese

Trese Brothers Games

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tresebrothers/cyber-knights/posts/2749152

Now Live: Reddit AMA + Twitch
53deb2993339c5f4876681298cb3a2b3_original.jpg

Good morning backers!

We are sending out a quick update as a reminder of two cool things going on today!

• Right now, we are doing an AMA on /r/pcgaming on Reddit. The AMA is live right now and we'd love to answer your questions. Ask me anything!
  • Later today at 4 PM EST, we will be doing a Twitch stream and talking about some of the memorable and funny moments of the Trese Brothers studio. It is going to be a definitely "behind the scenes" stream in which we share a lot of stories no one has probably heard before. Hope you'll join us!
Thanks for your support and for sharing the project with a friend! The next stretch goal has swung into view and we're on our way! We'll get a big set of stretch goals unlocked in our next update and also really get into updates that lay out more about the game's systems -- stealth, hacking, weapon mods and base building!

Thanks again for your support,

Andrew and Cory Trese

Trese Brothers Games

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
I managed to ask him about the UI, as I feel it's a concern for many around here (question answered near the end of the stream). I asked him if what was shown in the kickstarter video was close to what they wanted in the final version, and he said that it wasn't close at all in terms of design.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom