Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

user

Savant
Owlcat already has huge menagerie of high-quality animal models and engine that could deal with size-scaling. Changing them into mounts does not seem this difficult and PnP rules cover mechanical parts already.

So imho there are lot less risks that riding will turn into Black-Hole-feature like infamous ship combat.

Yeah, but they will probaby need to make a few new animations for each mount model and mounted player models, for the actual mounting, on death/mount death while mounted, on mount attack while mounted, on melee mounted attack, etc etc.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Heh, campaign just hit half-million mark. In less than an hour from opening stretch goal at 475k.

How to get 25000$ in pledges from responsible adults with the cash?
Promise them a pony!

It's because of the Kingmaker Kickstarter update they put out: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/2749123

Carefully timed to juice up the campaign at the 48h mark.
Judging by the responses, I'm not so sure about that.

Cu7jchb.jpg

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wow, they're ticking one of the big boxes. I remember winding up the Bioware fanbois when I first started posting back then - because every time a game came out, everybody would ask if it had running, flying/z-axis, riding/horse combat, cloaks and robes, and sometimes guns and magic settings. So naturally I said I wanted to add big tits to the list. That was Dragon Age: Origins. I suppose I got the tits in the form of the brood mother(s).

So TOEE covered cloaks and robes, Arcanum did the guns and magic, Skyrim mods gave me the tits, and Owlcat are managing the riding and horse combat. If they pull it off, it'll be a landmark in gaming.
:hero:

Mark Richard

Arcane
During a session of Pathfinder: Kingmaker I stumbled upon a traveller's scroll which described fearsome goblin warg riders in the local region. With renewed vigour I marched towards the goblin encampment, only to find no such riders existed. :cry:

So now they've got my hopes up again. The announcement of mounted combat is welcome, as long as they remember my absent friend the goblin warg rider this time around.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well men I backed at the collector's edition. Thought about getting the GM edition because I might run WotR for my tabletop group some day; it'd be nice to have physical versions of the modules but on the other hand I do already have the pdfs they're not hard to find.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Stretch goal: Bug-Free Release - 5.000.000 dollars

Stretch goal: game balance - 11.000.000 dollars
LoL even as bug ridden mess it was 10 times better game than the shit you shill for faggot.....aka obsidianfag! Also wanting balance in such games.....facepalm.......double facepalm......

Shadenuat

Arcane
tretch goal: Bug-Free Release - 5.000.000 dollars

Stretch goal: game balance - 11.000.000 dollars
6 years later community restored content patch 6.02.12 purchase

they're going full troika. :dealwithit:

imagine bugged 6 winged seraphim from pk but now also on a mount

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
-Difficulty based on tactics/encounter design and not statbloat
-Mounted combat and cavaliers

Get out of my head Owlcat. What's next, no more time limits?

Oleg said he's aware people didn't like time attacks and will look for a different way to motivate progress. He also compared the "crusade system" with Civilization.

The bad news is that advisors are still in and there's still no traditional quest structure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom