Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Titan Outpost Release Thread

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ok,how do i meet the methane quotas? The drone brings 10 tons every 5 hours,but i need 750,so there is no fucking way i could meet it. Also pretty high spike from 100t.
Buy meth off a dealer.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Never had a more finicky UI experience than trying to initiate dialogue with the guy in the throat

Definitely a game that succeeds at the fun part, but there's an awful lot of wow this is a bit buggy to it all.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Never had a more finicky UI experience than trying to initiate dialogue with the guy in the throat

Definitely a game that succeeds at the fun part, but there's an awful lot of wow this is a bit buggy to it all.

You mean after he (or you) opens the door? It should initiate automatically. When the door opens, you will have a conversation, after which he'll walk off to the Rover.

If you mean before that, the door panel is intentionally confusing. If you don't have the NiHao perk, your character can't read Chinese and has no idea what those buttons do.

Edit: Not sure if this is what you meant, but I just figured out that if you accidentally click something else during the two seconds it takes for the character to walk in, it can cancel the dialogue initiation. I'll disable the input during those two seconds or make it easier to click on Kuo when you're inside for in case that happens.

Last edited:

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
LoL i just lost all my moral,how to increase it? It was around 90-100 and a few days of work i saw it hit 0 lol.

Select 'leisure' from the work dropdown menu in the timelapse panel when you're at the Outpost and pass some time. Let your character chill until your morale is back to green. Or drink alcohol for a temporary rebuff.
Or fuck.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL i just lost all my moral,how to increase it? It was around 90-100 and a few days of work i saw it hit 0 lol.

Select 'leisure' from the work dropdown menu in the timelapse panel when you're at the Outpost and pass some time. Let your character chill until your morale is back to green. Or drink alcohol for a temporary rebuff.
Or fuck.
I drunk alcohol and ended up at 0. I should have gone with my real time ideology of never touching whiskey.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
I drunk alcohol and ended up at 0. I should have gone with my real time ideology of never touching whiskey.

Moonshine space whiskey is the best whiskey.

FYI: It's +50 when you're drunk, -80 (minus a 2*Physicality modifier) when you sober up. Useful in some cases, especially for some builds.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So why are there nigger chinks,is it a bug or as intended? They look hilarious lol.

Also there is a bugged exploration in old iss satellite crash,the exploration just south of the rover doesn't let you explore a third time. Also some quest don't go "complete",also it would have been nice if a bunch of them were a one quest and not like 3-4. Mainly the crash arc and william arc.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
In the setting, Central, West and East Africa have been colonised by China. Only the southern territories are part of the union of western states. North Africa and the Middle East are no longer habitable after a local nuclear war and serve as a buffer zone. Adanech is Ethiopian, Louam is Nigerian.
Louam will tell you something about this if you take him with you.
I'll check out the exploration bug, thanks for mentioning it.

Not all quests go to complete, some are perpetual. Others might not be as complete as you think. Of course, it could be that you missed a completion trigger, but most -hopefully all- of those have been fixed by now.

I get the point about arcs having multiple quests, but the crash arc has two quests because
Val didn't crash the lander.
You can finish one part of the mystery with a question left unanswered that may or may not be related. Putting that in a single quest would put you on the wrong foot.

The William arc is a similar thing.
He's carrying both evidence and MacLeod's data. Two unrelated quests.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
In the setting, Central, West and East Africa
Fair enough,still you won't see space niggers. Chinks are very racist,won't let a bunch of non chinks do a super top secret shit lol,they will use them for labour thing and most likely begin exterminating them. Chinks need more land,not more useless mouths to feed. Also the idea of nignogs having the skills and intellect to get chosen for such mission is preposterous :).

. Others might not be as complete as you think.
I was talking about the exploration mission you get from karl,the dude on the station and the mission where you have to find a rock and make it in to some tube thing and use it on the generator. Also that quest is bugged because it gives you the benefit but doesn't remove the item,thus you could spam it for endless energy.

Oh and that yellow text in the middle is really annoying because it doesn't disappear till you clicked it away. It will nice if it fades away after a second or two,or it is in different place,the upper center or lower right part will good places.

So are you going to put it out on GoG?

Deleted Member 22431

IMO, the intro needs to be more heavy-handed. The player is supposed to know a bunch of things that are completely counter-intuitive. Hey guys, a giant moon to explore. Yet, you shouldn't explore because the batteries will run out. The base building thing is opaque. You can make a choice of investment of resources, but it is not as if you can track its development easily. Everything takes too long and there is nothing to do. The only exceptions in the presentation involve the dialogues and messages you receive.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Racist stuff

Syaoran looks down on them, so the first part of that is partially acknowledged. As for the second part, variance in distribution of intelligence among individuals is greater than the variance between any sufficiently sized groups. Even if you don't believe this to be true, there is nonzero potential for excellence in any individual human being and in a population of tens of billions your views on the odds aren't relevant. In any case, do me a favour and leave that brand of edginess in GD, OK?

I was talking about the exploration mission you get from karl,the dude on the station and the mission where you have to find a rock and make it in to some tube thing and use it on the generator. Also that quest is bugged because it gives you the benefit but doesn't remove the item,thus you could spam it for endless energy.

Oh and that yellow text in the middle is really annoying because it doesn't disappear till you clicked it away. It will nice if it fades away after a second or two,or it is in different place,the upper center or lower right part will good places.

So are you going to put it out on GoG?

The exploration missions eventually move to complete. The thermocouple quest should resolve, that was fixed a long time ago. Before I double check them all again, what version are you on? There is a known item cloning exploit, which is fixed for the next update, but it doesn't seem like that's what you're talking about that.

Alerts used to automatically disappear, but not everyone has the same reading speed. They're smack in the middle and obtrusive because they're important. Might make it optional.

GoG declined it for being too niche. The GoG wishlist might help, but I think at this point the only thing that would convince them is sales numbers.

IMO, the intro needs to be more heavy-handed.

It's a lot more streamlined already than it was before. IPMS even interrupts you when you try to leave with hydroponics turned off the first time. Any more and I fear it becomes handholding. Players are expected to actually read the messages and the dialogue and make their choices accordingly.

Everything takes long because it's hard sci-fi. There is no magic. As a player, you can just use the timelapse panel so I don't see the problem there.

Are you suggesting adding something like AoD's 'Warning to new players' about dying and not being the chosen one with magical powers to curb the admittedly counter-intuitive lure of the early game?

Last edited:

Kuattro

Augur

100% agreed. The game is fun, but god does it hide itself mightily behind a barrier of things not working. That Chinese base, specially the upper floors, is hell on Titan. You'll click on one room, and your character will charge downstairs through three floors until your vision is blocked by the roof and you'll be unable to move anywhere and start thinking about killing someone, either the designer of the base, your character, or yourself. Thankfully, a simple save and reload will get you out of the pickle, but for those short seconds, you will see red. And the least said about the process of getting into the damn base when you're the one opening the door, the better. I know this game is probably not supposed to get on the highest sellers on steam, but I suspect that any player other than the ones around here will be immediately put off by things like that.

And the worst part is that, as a player, I'm never 100% sure whether or not the game is bugging or I'm not doing what needs to be done. Right now I suspect I'm on the endgame. I've built ten computer rooms, and I've seen some of the endings that go with it, but some options, like uploading the thingy (trying to avoid spoilers) are a no-go because of the PMSing AI, and I don't see any options to hack her like I did before. Also, I'm supposed to speak to the Chinese engineer about them using the space elevator, but I have absolutely no dialog options with her other than "goodbye". So right now my only option seems only to wait for a year and a half until the Megiddo comes while I think if I trust the dutch bloke (I don't. No offence, but I'm Spanish, history shows you are not to be trusted), or how to get rid of a crazy vegan terrorist by some unfortunate "accident" (again, not finding any option like this, and I don't know if it's not in the game or simply me not exploring enough) and flying around in my winged steed rover trying to find something new on the surface. If it sounds very fun, is because yes it is, but sometimes it seems like I'm in a tug of war with the game trying to yank it away from me. And sometimes it's just plain confusing.

Also, sometimes the reactivity it's a bit lacking. At the beginning, when Karen reacted to me going out to repair the antenna without contacting her first as ordered made me think "this gonna be good", but then it seemed to me like the reactivity not only stopped, it regressed, like all the shenanigans with the
satellite crash and me talking with Karen about it. Are you mad woman? We KNOW they're terrorists trying to sabotage the mission, and yet you act like you know nothing about it. He's right behind you!

Another one is when, like I've mentioned, you manage to get your hands on a hacked Chinese
cypher or however they're called. No one in the Chinese base is surprised to see you running around without them having to let you in, specially the bloke whose task is to actually let you in?. That one had me laughing.

In any case, I'll keep at it because, once more, the game is fun, but I've run out of research and I've yet to find new research options, my base is already fairly big and pumping four lakes is giving me more methane that I know what to do with (trading, but for what? I have everything I need...) and having the Unabomber with me in the outpost is giving me the heebie jeebies. Can't I just tie her to a Chinese rocket?

I'll report back if I find a funny way to get rid of her :)

EDIT: I forgot to mention, this game gave me one of the best laughs I've ever had while playing, with the first arrival to the Chinese base.

"What are you gonna do, shoot me?" - Lady who got shot

Just brilliant.

Last edited:

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Perhaps you could turn the life support systems off while you go for a ride on the rover? Just throwing an idea, never tried it myself.

Agreed on the issue with the chinese base. It would be so much easier if the upper floor was a single one spread out horizontally.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
A trick I discovered to avoid ever having power issues:

Take the trait Hyperthyroidism. It lets you dump Physicality to 3 and still climb the mountain and get the cobalt arsenide for the Skutterudite Thermoelectrics right from the start of the game, which doubles your generator's output. It's really good being able to power research and construction simultaneously as early as possible, and makes me think Hyperthyroidism is just an OP trait for facilitating this.

Last edited:

Skdursh

Savant
Game is looking better and better with each update. Are you planning to try to get this released on GOG at any point? It's already been pirated so I can't think of any other reason why to avoid using GOG. When possible I prefer to actually own most of my games as opposed to just renting them.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
That Chinese base, specially the upper floors, is hell on Titan. You'll click on one room, and your character will charge downstairs through three floors until your vision is blocked by the roof and you'll be unable to move anywhere and start thinking about killing someone, either the designer of the base, your character, or yourself.

Yes, the pathfinding is horrible, but I have some good news regarding that.

Tuxing Liu is pretty ambitious and Unity's navmesh system is terrible for point-and-click interfaces. It's the reason Pillars of Eternity has no overlapping verticality and does a scene change whenever you go inside a building and so on. I hacked in support for floor occlusion because I didn't care for these limitations. I should have completely scrapped the framework at the first sign of trouble, but I didn't. Fortunately, after mailing back and forth about it with three people at Unity for almost two years, I got an email last week saying they're deprecating the 2017 branch of that system. I saw an opportunity and after some nagging, yesterday they gave me access to the source so I can fix it myself.

Unity is a good engine, but a lot of the built-in frameworks are trap features that programmers who are able to roll their own should stay away from. Sorting that mess out is priority 1 now that I can finally do something about it. After all this time of having to implement crappy workarounds I can just fix it at the source. I already got the foothills of the cryovolcano at the Outpost vicinity to be a lot less janky in only a couple of hours yesterday, so it's looking promising. I'm tackling the Chinese base today and it's miles better already. Sorry about the long-winded explanation, but I'm pretty excited about this.

And the worst part is that, as a player, I'm never 100% sure whether or not the game is bugging or I'm not doing what needs to be done. Right now I suspect I'm on the endgame. I've built ten computer rooms, and I've seen some of the endings that go with it, but some options, like uploading the thingy (trying to avoid spoilers) are a no-go because of the PMSing AI, and I don't see any options to hack her like I did before. Also, I'm supposed to speak to the Chinese engineer about them using the space elevator, but I have absolutely no dialog options with her other than "goodbye".
Yeah, you're being deliberately kept in the dark about a few things, but for that to work you have to have confidence in the game working as intended and that confidence is occasionally shattered. I understand that.
If you let IPMS reconnect to the nexus after cutting the power, you can only hack her with a maxed out hacking skill and only by clicking the skill icon in that part of the dialogue. You can't repeat the partial success with the memory leak from earlier. Also, if you hack her before the singularity, even as early as when you need to embezzle methane for the first time, it's much easier.
Daxia should finish the nitrogen compressor in about a month, but it will take longer if you don't let her remove the methane systems. After she's finished, she'll stick around to oversee the nitrogen exports, which is an indefinite process because they won't have an atmosphere on Mars in anytime soon. You can talk to Ling about the progress after. It should probably mention that in the quest log somewhere.
No offence taken about the Dutch, we did rob your colonial treasure fleet. Twice. All while selling you armor, weapons and ships.

Also, sometimes the reactivity it's a bit lacking. At the beginning, when Karen reacted to me going out to repair the antenna without contacting her first as ordered made me think "this gonna be good", but then it seemed to me like the reactivity not only stopped, it regressed, like all the shenanigans with the
satellite crash and me talking with Karen about it. Are you mad woman? We KNOW they're terrorists trying to sabotage the mission, and yet you act like you know nothing about it. He's right behind you!
I double-checked, and apparently the satellite crash event sometimes ignores the fact that you told Karen about the sabotage depending on the order in which you report it to her earlier. Rare circumstance, should be an easy fix.
Another one is when, like I've mentioned, you manage to get your hands on a hacked Chinese
cypher or however they're called. No one in the Chinese base is surprised to see you running around without them having to let you in, specially the bloke whose task is to actually let you in?. That one had me laughing.
That's an oversight. Ling will take away the clandestine transponder if he finds out about it, but opening the front entrance won't alarm anyone once you're free to roam the base. Syaoran won't always be there because NPCs have schedules. When he is by the door when you open it, though, I agree that it's stupid, I'll change that at some point.
In any case, I'll keep at it because, once more, the game is fun, but I've run out of research and I've yet to find new research options, my base is already fairly big and pumping four lakes is giving me more methane that I know what to do with (trading, but for what? I have everything I need...) and having the Unabomber with me in the outpost is giving me the heebie jeebies. Can't I just tie her to a Chinese rocket?

I'll report back if I find a funny way to get rid of her :)
You can kill her in the cave but you probably knew that already. There are a couple of other ways to get rid of her, though your character may not be able to get the obvious one. I'll change it so that every build can at least try.

As for the methane:
The methane requirements will skyrocket by the end of 2079. It's impossible to keep up with demand by the time the Megiddo arrives.

There's reactivity up the wazoo, maybe a little too much, and there's bound to still be some cracks in the dialogue here and there.

Some of it is hidden from the player until the end, which was probably a mistake, especially because most players reach one of the other endgame conditions a year before the Megiddo arrives and will never see it. The Megiddo is like the mutant invasion time limit in Fallout, where you get enough time not to feel punished for exploring and building, but there is a sense of forward momentum. However, this time limit event is not immediate and has a couple of paths toward a 'good' ending and its own little plot arc. It even introduces a new character.
Another example is that killing everyone at Tuxing Liu opens up a new questline and has serious consequences, but nobody besides the testers went down that path yet. It's all for the sake of replay-ability, but I can't help but feel some of it is too well-hidden.

I forgot to mention, this game gave me one of the best laughs I've ever had while playing, with the first arrival to the Chinese base.
Thanks, glad you're having fun with it!

I hope I can get the navmesh update out this week, it's a game changer. Pun intended.

Last edited:

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Perhaps you could turn the life support systems off while you go for a ride on the rover?
Companions won't just let themselves get killed that way.
Not unless you make sure.

A trick I discovered to avoid ever having power issues:
Yes.
But Hyperthyroidism has drawbacks and you'll fail every physicality check in the game.
Are you planning to try to get this released on GOG at any point? It's already been pirated so I can't think of any other reason why to avoid using GOG. When possible I prefer to actually own most of my games as opposed to just renting them.
Thanks. You're not alone and I did try, but they're calling it 'too niche'. This might help. I'll contact them again at some point, but I'm not holding out hope.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuattro

Augur
Yeah, in retrospect my comment about the reactivity was pretty stupid, when it's clear there's quite a bit and it's just some bugs or details where it fails. For example, here's another one (I'm doing this from memory, because right now I don't have a save to check it again):

When the Hesiod comes back with Van Hoorn aboard, if you speak with the captain first (which is very probable, since their icon comes first in the coms screen), I could swear you can have a small conversation about them being bought by Van Hoorn, but you don't actually find out about that until you speak with Van Hoorn and he reveals that to you.

I'll try to note down if I find any other instance of this in future replays.

Yeah, you're being deliberately kept in the dark about a few things, but for that to work you have to have confidence in the game working as intended and that confidence is occasionally shattered. I understand that.

There's that, of course, but there's also the fact (which is increasingly coming clear to me) that the game is a lot more than meets the eye. I'm starting to feel with Titan Outpost the same way I felt playing The Age Of Decadence, there's so much to discover and explore, so many divergent paths and alternative solutions, and I've barely scratched the surface. I think I need to reconsider a lot about your game (in a good way). I'll come back to it in a second.

If you let IPMS reconnect to the nexus after cutting the power, you can only hack her with a maxed out hacking skill and only by clicking the skill icon in that part of the dialogue. You can't repeat the partial success with the memory leak from earlier. Also, if you hack her before the singularity, even as early as when you need to embezzle methane for the first time, it's much easier.

That's the problem.

If I reconnect to the nexus and try to upload the thingy again, she quarantines it because of viral activity, and trying to unlock the quarantine doesn't bring up any hacking icon. I don't know if it is because my skill is not at max (well, I don't think 4 is max) or because you can only try once and then you're locked out permanently. She does say that the file has been permanently quarantined, but then the game allows you to try again anyways, which is a bit misleading if you really can't succeed any more. If it is because my hacking is not at maximum, maybe make it like the hack attempts to be able to embezzle methane, and put the icon and just tell the player their skill is not enough?

I'm silly or going mad. See the edit.

EDIT:

Ok, I've tried again, and now, if I try to upload the imprint, choose "try again" and then "give up" when I fail, I indeed don't get the option to try and upload it again. But I swear I could do it before! Maybe the solitude of Titan is driving me insane :?. In any case, this seems like it's not a problem anymore.

Daxia should finish the nitrogen compressor in about a month, but it will take longer if you don't let her remove the methane systems. After she's finished, she'll stick around to oversee the nitrogen exports, which is an indefinite process because they won't have an atmosphere on Mars in anytime soon. You can talk to Ling about the progress after. It should probably mention that in the quest log somewhere.

And yes, another problem.

I expect that, in order for Daxia to be able to do all the things you're mentioning, she needs to come with me to the outpost and start working on the elevator. The problem is, the option is not there. I can speak to the Chinese leader either about them taking me to earth or avoiding conflict with the IASA, and in both cases he says he'll help me if I let them use the elevator, and when I tell him that it's fine by me, he asks me to go speak with Daxia. But when I go to her, I get no dialog option other than the one that ends the dialog. I negotiated previously with the leader about taking her with me to the Throat and he told me to get lost, but I hope that doesn't get you locked out this option, because now it's him who's telling me to go speak with Daxia.

Also, I don't know if it's related, but does the photograph of her you get from the dead Chinese in the stranded vehicle have something to do with it? The photo disappeared from my inventory after a game crash, but I didn't consider it that important since my first time playing the photo was not that important to what I was doing. If I actually have to give it to her in order for these options to work, then it'll have to be in my next play through.

That's an oversight. Ling will take away the clandestine transponder if he finds out about it, but opening the front entrance won't alarm anyone once you're free to roam the base. Syaoran won't always be there because NPCs have schedules. When he is by the door when you open it, though, I agree that it's stupid, I'll change that at some point.

About this...

Again referring to my first time playing the game, at some point after fixing the Throat's base and finding the vehicle, he asked me if I had in fact found any transponders, and after telling him the truth (silly me) and trying to keep them, I could swear that he didn't actually take them away, even though the dialog obviously implied it. But again, I can't really check it out because I don't have any saves there right now), but you might want to make sure it's working.

You can kill her in the cave but you probably knew that already. There are a couple of other ways to get rid of her, though your character may not be able to get the obvious one. I'll change it so that every build can at least try.

You know, I actually hadn't found that, at all. If it requires the PC to have a good physicality score, that's probably why. I've been playing sciency hackers all along, since I didn't think physical characters were that useful. Shows you what I know.

And this leads me nicely to your last point:

Some of it is hidden from the player until the end, which was probably a mistake, especially because most players reach one of the other endgame conditions a year before the Megiddo arrives and will never see it. The Megiddo is like the mutant invasion time limit in Fallout, where you get enough time not to feel punished for exploring and building, but there is a sense of forward momentum. However, this time limit event is not immediate and has a couple of paths toward a 'good' ending and its own little plot arc. It even introduces a new character.
Another example is that killing everyone at Tuxing Liu opens up a new questline and has serious consequences, but nobody besides the testers went down that path yet. It's all for the sake of replay-ability, but I can't help but feel some of it is too well-hidden.

There's reactivity up the wazoo, maybe a little too much

Yep, as I said, this is becoming perfectly clear to me. And it can indeed be both a blessing and a burden.

To be fair, I've never had to design a game so I can only comment banalities like saying that giving away too much about the different paths can be as bad as not giving enough. It does feel like players (like myself, as I've already said) are missing the alternatives the game presents, so either we're too stupid to see the clues, or they are too well hidden (or at least too well hidden for stupid players, which seem to be the only ones you're attracting :negative:).

That last one though, I have to say:

Please don't tell me! I'd rather find out how to massacre the Chinese my way, now that I know it can be done. But if it has something to do with either not helping them fix the Throat, or that "Physical" option I had with their leader when he forced me to help them (although this one sounds a bit too "Rambo" and probably just gets the PC killed again), I'd say in this case the clues are pretty clear, and sooner or later someone will follow them. If it has nothing to do with that... then I think it would be justified to give the players a little nudge, since a lot of them will probably be feeling less than kind towards them after the Chinese press gang you into service, and will take any such option with glee.

Any way, if nothing more, your answer has convinced me that there's a lot of greatness to be found in your game, certainly a lot more than I first thought, and that I probably will end up loving/hating it, like I loved/hated Age Of Decadence, for having so many options, and me being too stupid to find them until someone points them at me with big signs and arrows: "Right here, you idiot!". But I'll resist, I won't ask for help (but yeah, giving players a small push will probably help every body).

Great work :salute:

Last edited:

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So... ahm... I got the plutonium with the robot and I have it back in the base inventory. What should I do with it? I am lost.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
1.16 is live now. The upper floors of Tuxing Liu are no longer hell on Titan.

Yeah, in retrospect my comment about the reactivity was pretty stupid, when it's clear there's quite a bit and it's just some bugs or details where it fails. I'll try to note down if I find any other instance of this in future replays.
Great, thanks. Very helpful.
When the Hesiod comes back with Van Hoorn aboard, if you speak with the captain first (which is very probable, since their icon comes first in the coms screen), I could swear you can have a small conversation about them being bought by Van Hoorn, but you don't actually find out about that until you speak with Van Hoorn and he reveals that to you.
If you look closely, you'll see that line is there because
You can see Rutger in the background of Phil's portrait, chatting up a female crewmember.

I expect that, in order for Daxia to be able to do all the things you're mentioning, she needs to come with me to the outpost and start working on the elevator.
She'll wait for you in the Rover when that quest starts. Ling mentions this, but because asking her first is a very reasonable thing to do, I've added the question to Daxia's dialogue as well if you go looking for her in the hangar.
Also, I don't know if it's related, but does the photograph of her you get from the dead Chinese in the stranded vehicle have something to do with it?
Nope.

About this...

Ling takes the transponder
I just found a bug in one of the nodes where he takes it away from you and then gives it back. Will fix for the next patch.

Please don't tell me!
OK I won't!

Any way, if nothing more, your answer has convinced me that there's a lot of greatness to be found in your game, certainly a lot more than I first thought, and that I probably will end up loving/hating it, like I loved/hated Age Of Decadence

Great work :salute:
Thanks a lot. And hey, mysteries are fun, but I really don't want anyone to get stuck so your comments are welcome.

Last edited:

Skdursh

Savant
Thanks. You're not alone and I did try, but they're calling it 'too niche'. This might help. I'll contact them again at some point, but I'm not holding out hope.

I vocalized my desire. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom