Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous now on Kickstarter

There is only one path in Wrath of the Righteous Munchkin anyway, the quickest path to Uninstall.exe. Given past experience with Shitmaker though, I am sure they will make some sort of a rotating menu to make getting to it as hard as possible.

Ol'man

Educated
I'll mega cum all over myself if they make Tb-mode stretch goal
You are an harbinger of decline, decline incarnated, good sir, as a D&D turn based game can only be good if designed to be turn based from its very roots, encounter design is very different in both case. You cant make both play style coexist.

You didn't play the PF:KM tb mod that gives the player the ability to make that judgement over any encounter.

If you don't like a fight in rtwp or tb you just hit a hot key, and switch. If a fight is garbage run-it-over-trash npcs in tb, turn it off, and when it's something that takes a micro-degree of strategy, turn it on. No excuse not to have this feature, in the same engine, with the same ruleset, that sone lone modder put together, and it has already been shown to work great.

I mean, it was free, just send this guy a good bottle of Russian vodka.

As per encounters "designed" for tb? The mod made painfully clear that wasn't a huge issue, but tediousness fighting swarms off stuff could be (amd you can turn that off with a single key stroke). At least by Owlcat standards, anyways. Their AI is literally attack 1st thing or hardcode shoot lowest AC target.

Psquit

Arcane
Finally, I can be an edgelord. I enjoyed eating souls in mask of the betrayer, that game made me feel like I was the danger. I hope there's no "you're still the good guy even tho you pick the evil choices"

Mortmal

Arcane
I'll mega cum all over myself if they make Tb-mode stretch goal
You are an harbinger of decline, decline incarnated, good sir, as a D&D turn based game can only be good if designed to be turn based from its very roots, encounter design is very different in both case. You cant make both play style coexist.

You didn't play the PF:KM tb mod that gives the player the ability to make that judgement over any encounter.

If you don't like a fight in rtwp or tb you just hit a hot key, and switch. If a fight is garbage run-it-over-trash npcs in tb, turn it off, and when it's something that takes a micro-degree of strategy, turn it on. No excuse not to have this feature, in the same engine, with the same ruleset, that sone lone modder put together, and it has already been shown to work great.

I mean, it was free, just send this guy a good bottle of Russian vodka.

As per encounters "designed" for tb? The mod made painfully clear that wasn't a huge issue, but tediousness fighting swarms off stuff could be (amd you can turn that off with a single key stroke). At least by Owlcat standards, anyways. Their AI is literally attack 1st thing or hardcode shoot lowest AC target.
No mod can do something satisfying , i am a purist, a turn based D&D encounter must be more carefully planned and offer more tactical depth than just picking rtwp and making things slower. An encounter must use geography,clever monster placement, Z axis if possible, and also a light and darkness system. Things like attack of opportunity , flanking etc.. the basics in any rulesets.There's no point in going turn based if you dont make things lot more complex, which is why almost every modern turn based rpg dont have any interest at all. If its simple, just go action and real time.
Rtwp is almost action rpg , this is in no way compatible.Doing it in POE2 was complete dumbfuckery, but that wasnt surprising given all the other design choices.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Chris Avellone - the ulimate mercenary writer for hire :D

That's still overhyping it. For a while now he's been a buzzword without any influence on the development process -- adding two paragraphs to get more backers. I think it started with the FTL game. It's been a long time since he took a project lead or was responsible for a game actually having good writing. See how POE turned out.

Myzzrym

Tactical Adventures
Patron
Developer
Love me more Pathfinder, hopefully someone makes a TB mod for this one too because I'm bad at managing RtwP :(

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I wasn't gonna back this, but then I saw you could become a lich. And they even imply I'll get to conquer hellnations with necromancy. How can I possibly resist.

:takemymoney:

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Chris Avellone - the ulimate mercenary writer for hire :D

That's still overhyping it. For a while now he's been a buzzword without any influence on the development process -- adding two paragraphs to get more backers. I think it started with the FTL game. It's been a long time since he took a project lead or was responsible for a game actually having good writing. See how POE turned out.

Yeah, this worries me too. I'd love to see a project which will be truly 'his', with Chris at the helm.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Was there a boxed version of Kingmaker? I missed that KS.

I also missed that KS, ended up loving the game later and have been looking into it. A "boxed" version (pictured below) was released in some countries, but they're pretty hard to track down and not really worth the effort IMO - you get a really plain DVD case with no manuals, etc (just a few discs) and the text on the case is in the local language (I've seen Italian and German ones, for example).

maxresdefault.jpg

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Was there a boxed version of Kingmaker? I missed that KS.

I also missed that KS, ended up loving the game later and have been looking into it. A "boxed" version (pictured below) was released in some countries, but they're pretty hard to track down and not really worth the effort IMO - you get a really plain DVD case with no manuals, etc (just a few discs) and the text on the case is in the local language (I've seen Italian and German ones, for example).

maxresdefault.jpg
They call THAT a boxed version....?

:x

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Worth it if it's not bundled with Steam (probably is). :M

Am i the only one who thinks that Pathfinder: Kingmaker was the best Crpg of the decade?!

I invested more than 350 hr in this game and loved every second of it.

For me, giving Owlcat money for the second time was a no brainer.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom