Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beautiful shit

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
There's nothing noteworthy about The Council's graphics, it should be struck off your list.

Final Fantasy XV looks as good as The Witcher 3, if not better.

Elite Dangerous is probably the best looking space game that isn't a money laundering scheme.

RAGE 2 and Metro Exodus are great looking shooters.

Last edited:

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
There's nothing noteworthy about The Council's graphics, it should be struck off your list.

Final Fantasy XV looks as good as The Witcher 3, if not better.

You can ride a cock in it???

e35de03f9b7a80e2de3f0df4c52eb8e6.jpg

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
playing on ultras walking sim Everybody's gone to the Rapture. It looks fantastic.

I was longing for years to fing game with visuals like in that "thousands of lighthouses" scene from the end of Bioshock: Infinite. You know.

also started TW3, it surely looks awesome (though I have an annoying bug with the chain mail visualization), gameplay is popamole as hell though.

Black Angel

Arcane
Alice: Madness Returns was probably the most beautiful shit I've ever witnessed on my monitor, and only because the laptop I bought at the time was rather brand new within the year after the game's release.
alice-madness-returns-10.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Since getting my 1440p monitor I've played around with nVidia's DSR and running things at 5k. It's pretty funny how even pretty old games can crumble at that resolution. If you want a true test of your hardware, and to see some amazingly crisp visuals, play around with DSR 2x2 (the only way to use it really, as it's the only setting without distortion).

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Since getting my 1440p monitor I've played around with nVidia's DSR and running things at 5k. It's pretty funny how even pretty old games can crumble at that resolution. If you want a true test of your hardware, and to see some amazingly crisp visuals, play around with DSR 2x2 (the only way to use it really, as it's the only setting without distortion).

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
Alice: Madness Returns was probably the most beautiful shit I've ever witnessed on my monitor, and only because the laptop I bought at the time was rather brand new within the year after the game's release.

Yeah, nice game, I wish American McGee did the 3rd one.
He's currently planning out the third installment.
https://www.youtube.com/user/obnard/videos

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/alice-asylum.120258/

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

That surely looks interesting! However, I know very well by practice the distinction between planning and developing and even more deep and sharp discinction between developing and releasing.

Its kinda sad to see that literally no real visionary today can obtain enough money to make it real.

Black Angel

Arcane

I was about to mention that we live in a timeline where fucking EA exist, but then remembered than McGee's out there fighting for the rights to make the 3rd game, so yeah.

Unfortunately, we can't forget about fucking EA. These are the fucking donkeys who removed Madness Returns entirely from Steam and hold it hostage in their shitstore.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
It is actually funny that the most demanding game to the moment that I've tried was fucking MORROWIND! Fullrest mode on ultras gave me 10 fps and still looks like shit. Why do you even develop the mod (for the 2003 game, Jesus) if need to be NASA worker to play it on your PC.

DraQ

Arcane
As for the topic:

Ori And The Blind Forest

Wall projector or huge ass screen actually recommended.

But is the gameplay any good? Remember trying it for 5 minutes, astonishing voiceover.
Apart from ultra simplistic combat (actually, just the basic attack - later on you can use other abilities as well) it's:
  • Very enjoyable
  • Hard (as far as I can tell)
  • Fair (no bullshit deaths)
As for the combat, at least it is well integrated with movement and enemies often serve as more than just obstacles to be defeated.
Astonishing OST too.

Around 12h for exhaustive playthrough.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

I'd probably rather play it with original visuals, but neat there's mods for it. I'm sure the game is widely available through other means but it's just odd EA don't sell it. They sell everything else old that they own, pretty much. I doubt McGee has any real rights involvement, but hey maybe he does.

Black Angel

Arcane
EA hasn't even bothered putting the first Alice up for digital distribution. :negative:
Fortunately, I plundered a copy from sailing the Seven Seas.

Not that I would ever consider giving even a cent to fucking EA if they ever put a digital version of the game.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I prefer vanilla potato faces to those shining lifeless mugs.

But seriously, playing New Vegas for "beautiful shit" experience is so desperate it's funny. Anything that runs on Bethesda engine is synonymous with dated and ugly shit.

Agree. Veronica looks like a plastic fuckdoll for lonely lesbians in those FNV character overhaul screencaps.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
So many recommendations, no mention for the single most beautiful depiction of our planet earth in a video game - theHunter: Call of the Wild.

Max that shit out fully, at 1080p, and it will take your new hardware to town.

I just assumed that all dedicated hunting sims were for rednecks and never played one. How's the gameplay in this? Any good? I actually liked the hunting/crafting quests in Far Cry 3-4 so would I like this? I'll try anything once. I generally don't like the idea of shooting harmless real-world animals though except for necessary culling and shit. Only like killing the mutant/demonic ones that have a strong chance of ripping your pods off with a single swipe. But if I did kill a real-world animal I'd be certain to make sure no part of the beast is wasted, from fresh, delicious venison to fur to braised deer penis. Waste not want not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom