Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The best poster of the last decade

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
The rest in numbers :
Sorted because who's got time to read all this:

Code:
1 - Admiral jimbob 
1 - AngryEddy 
1 - Black Cat 
1 - Blaine 
1 - Bocian 
1 - Bubbles 
1 - Celerity 
1 - Commisar Draco 
1 - Crispy 
1 - DU 
1 - Dawkinsfan 
1 - Deuce Traveler 
1 - Durandal 
1 - Ed123 
1 - Eryfkrad 
1 - Flu 
1 - Infinitron 
1 - J_C 
1 - Janjetina 
1 - Less T_T 
1 - MRY 
1 - Makabb 
1 - Poos 
1 - Roguey 
1 - Root 
1 - Roqua 
1 - Scruffy 
1 - Sheep 
1 - Sherry 
1 - Tarantulos 
1 - TemplarGR 
1 - Tornado Sword 
1 - Treave 
1 - Zorba 
1 - Zwanzig 
2 - Bradylama 
2 - Crooked Bee 
2 - Dreed 
2 - Excidium 
2 - Fairfax 
2 - Serious_Business 
2 - Zed 
2 - fantadomat 
2 - mondblut 
3 - Sukhavati 
9 - Cleve

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Ok I think it's time to sum up what we have........ pretty much by unanimous voice the winner is :

I was mentioned twice. Gotta watch out for that ignore list.

72223ca5f2.png

Corvinus

Arcane
List of nominated Codexers

That list looks distinctly arbitrary!

First off, if you weren't a registered user during the early half of the decade your vote should count for nothing, and even negative in the case of 2018+ newfags.
Second, some of the nominated aren't posters per se. For example: TemplarGR was a mega-retard and CGR winner and thus disqualified, Dreed is more of a rater than a poster (albeit very likeable), and Infinitron does the commendable but soulless job of a machine - posting news and little else.
Third, the "best poster of the decade" title implies to me that the poster in question have been at it for quite some time - years - and had a lasting and consistent impact throughout that time. A high Speech skill would also be mandatory for any aspirant. The ability to dominate any discussion without falling into inconsistency, fallacy and then utter retardation is vital for a title such as this. A fine line to walk. And when you shine like the Sun, you start to attract the mental dwarves. Forever failing at everything, these miserable individuals hate the Best Posters for they know deep down how worthless they are in comparison. So they attack. Again and again, and the odds are not - and nor will they ever be - in their favour. So the Best Poster of the decade must have a few of those too.

In my mind only three comes close to fulfilling that criteria. In no particular order:

Lilura
Vault Dweller
Cleveland Mark Blakemore

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Best posters...hard to say. There are many good posters, wouldn't want to offend any current posters by forgetting to mention them. I miss the really monocled oldfags like Blackadder and MMXI, though. EDIT: and Crooked Bee (best LPs ever) and Jaesun.

But the most entertaining posters are Lilura and Cleve.

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
why do you have half the site on ignore

I ignore members only reciprocally—if they add me to their ignore list, then I add them to mine. This isn't a form of retaliation, but simple practicality, because I don't want to waste time unwittingly replying to or interacting with someone who can't read what I'm writing. I once even tried to write a browser extension that would crawl my ignore list page periodically and then visually tag their forum profiles so that I could purge my own ignore list, but I couldn't quite get it to work consistently or properly (it sort of worked, but I could never iron out the issues).

If anyone knows of a forum software-independent way to tag users who've added me to their ignore list, I'm all ears.

c617bf484c.png

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Who was the best poster of the last decade? Nominate someone for the prestigious Codex award - The Trollscar :rpgcodex:

THE WINNER IS CLEVE

Do I get anything?

I am scared of a strange envelope delivered by a cloaked figure on my doorstep telling me I am invited to receive my Codex award at a certain address on a lonely deserted street in the bad part of town after midnight. When I arrive in front of a condemned textile manufacturing building, the basement doors are open with an eerie green light emanating from below and a crudely lettered sign reading KLEEVE YUR AWARDS SEREMOANY IZ BELOW with an arrow pointing down the stairs.

Descending what seems like an almost infinite spiral staircase into the depths of the Earth, I finally emerge into a claustrophobic damp moldy circular stone hall. The smell of queef and old sweat is mind numbing. I now realize there are hundreds of naked men in the shadows wearing nothing but high heels and trainer bras slowly fondling themselves. In the middle of the stone floor rests a large leather saddle horse with no saddle on it and chains present for leg irons and hands.

I turn to run back up the stairs screaming but the naked men close ranks behind me, cutting off my escape route.

Welcome to the Codex Awards Ceremony.

hexer

This isn't a form of retaliation

I think just about every psychologist would disagree with you here.
I don't see what's the issue in admitting/becoming aware that you're looking to even the score by doing that and/or regaining the control.

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why is Roxor so underrepresented here? His posts are consistently funny and/or insightful, his Pillars Of Eternity review is a Kodex KlassiK that set into motion some delightful drama and him taking a shit on felipepepe's Undertale review somehow ended up being a better review of the actual game than felipepepe's review is, despite Roxor gleefully admitting to never having played it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom