Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
but what he did worked or not?
those social goals are set very low and still struggling
It's been 3 days.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Are they going to update any of the animations? Namely the bow animations, cuz they suck ass.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I'm sure one of the three race options will be elementals. Wasn't that the option for kingmaker? I think they had aasimar, dhampir, and elementals with aasimar winning.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Hybrid is bad in general but the base system is turn-based so RTwP becomes hybrid by definition.

In any case the mod was great and I'm sure they'll make one for the sequel so no need for Owlcat to waste time on it.

That's assuming all the underlying mechanics stay the same. They could ad some fucked up "features" around say mounted combat that could make implementing turn based in a mod difficult. Best if they design the game with the possibility of TB in mind.

They are adding way too much shit on it. Mounted combat? Ohkaaaay. More Mystic Paths? oh dear.

All features that need to be implemented, all are complex and affect the entirety of the game. Which means that they cost a lot of dev time and testing.

They haven't jumped the shark until the mega dungeon is introduced. And besides games like this need a year to percolate after release. I look forward to playing this in the summer of '22.

deuxhero

Arcane
One thing to remember is that they're reusing the existing engine. Unless they're firing most of the engine programmers, they need something to occupy them the whole project. It's not a one man indie game where everyone has to do every part of the game.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
LoL those stretch goals are pretty shit,instead of giving us more fun shit like dungeons and quests,they offer popamole garbage like mounted units and dismemberment :decline:

Given how long Kingmaker was, you don't want more content. They should be sticking to things that are nice to have but would normally be cut, but they seem to be going overboard already.

Yeah but they don't have anyone that lewks as cute as Josh for this

Josh is your type, huh?

Additionally, while I'm on the subject of your taste, I heard a Brockhampton song on the radio recently and hated it.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Given how long Kingmaker was, you don't want more content.
Huh,never felt too long for me,could always enjoy more of it. In the end length is irrelevant,the quality of the content is more important,and they could be focussing on it,and not on useless shit like mounted combat.

ADL

Prophet
So I just got Kingmaker in Humble Choice and the first ten minutes makes me want to kill myself. The voice acting and generic as fuck "I gathered you heroes here to _____" crap is pure decline and given the Pathfinder setting, I highly doubt it gets better. Why did you all jerk your dicks to this?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
useless shit like mounted combat.
I recall back in the late 00s/early 10s there was a passionate group on the BSN who really wanted mounted combat in Dragon Age. For whatever reason, there's demand.

deuxhero

Arcane
So I just got Kingmaker in Humble Choice and the first ten minutes makes me want to kill myself. The voice acting and generic as fuck "I gathered you heroes here to _____" crap is pure decline and given the Pathfinder setting, I highly doubt it gets better. Why did you all jerk your dicks to this?

If you pay attention, she's calling you "heroes" to sucker you in. You're just plain old mercenaries who aren't expected to get anything up front and will maybe, if they are being honest, get a noble title most of your neighbors aren't going to recognize, only comes with almost completely undeveloped land. She flat out expects most of the people here are going to die and she'll have wasted no resources.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
useless shit like mounted combat.
I recall back in the late 00s/early 10s there was a passionate group on the BSN who really wanted mounted combat in Dragon Age. For whatever reason, there's demand.

Knights and horses are pretty inseparable from fantasy fiction. Why DON'T people want mounts?
The distance combat takes place at in the CRPG Kingmaker would make it kind of silly to have mounted combat, and I doubt WoTR will be any different. Besides, if you don’t include Summoner there’s no reason to consider mounts anyway.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Hello everyone, Josh Sawyer here. Today we are introducing a new portion of our setting, the pale elf ruins of Hyperborea.
What's your context here ? Or did you miss the thread ?

Knights and horses are pretty inseparable from fantasy fiction. Why DON'T people want mounts?
They tend to have poor execution. Ship-to-ship combat in Deadfire looks good on paper but not in real life. It depends how well is executed.
Lets say you have path of the lich mythic path. You could summon the mount, a horse or griphon, to stun lock your enemies. It could work that way.
But your barbarian,warrior class can just as easily get that yob done in rage without MC.

The Avatar

Pseudodragon Studios
Developer
The distance combat takes place at in the CRPG Kingmaker would make it kind of silly to have mounted combat, and I doubt WoTR will be any different. Besides, if you don’t include Summoner there’s no reason to consider mounts anyway.

Why not? There's a whole feat chain devoted to mounted combat and it's a signature ability of of the Paladin. It's just another another way to build your character. Horses are large sized, same as the enlarged barbarian, so not much is different there- but medium sized mounts if you're worried about size/scale. I would love to see dog-mounted halflings.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Pathfinder bros! We hit 690k!
QmGfkd5.png

Battle Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EscPNP3jNCM

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
DAILY REMINDER! Make sure you participate in those social goals! We NEED to at least get modding support.
>Youtube(Subscribe to their channel): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo1yuqm85x6iyko4dKhZPiA/videos
>Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/owlcat_games/
>Tweet for retweets: https://twitter.com/OwlcatGames/status/1224738163459010563
>Discord(Create an account, then join. Then leave the website. It's that easy.): https://discord.gg/syqGPZH
>Post for shares on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PathfinderCRPG/photos/a.719584541561928/1328506127336430/?type=3&theater
>Twitch(Follow their twitch channel.): https://www.twitch.tv/owlcatgames

Last edited:

jerfdr

Educated
DAILY REMINDER! Make sure you participate in those social goals! We NEED to at least get modding support.
These daily reminders don't make a lot of sense if you're not immediately supplying the social links in question. Just sayin'.

krilcebre

Learned
I'm also waiting for those social media goals, mod support tools would be awesome!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom