Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Sure! My problem was never with the idea of rolling an extra dice, I think it can be a good idea if mixed with flat bonuses as well like you do. I mean, it can be a bit difficult to figure out when to apply either, but that is up to individual DMs to deal with. As a side note, I think the idea of advantage dices works well with D&D because D&D usually rolls a single dice for everything. In a system like GURPS, where you roll 3d6 instead of a d20, or anything that uses dice pools, you get a nice probability curve already from flat advantages. A +5 in GURPS can make a much greater difference than it does in D&D, even though the random values you get for a test are similar.

True, except there are a lot of inconsistencies in AD&D. For instance, having rules in the Monster Manual for targeting beholder eye-stalks. But having a bit of inconsistency is par for course in P&P games. On the other hand, making parts of the combat very detailed while others are very abstract results in a big mess, which can be easily avoided by trying to keep a common level of abstraction between the sub-systems.

I don't have a problem with math, but if you want to play an abstract math game, play one; there are plenty of those, from Magic: the Gathering to Hero Quest to that Call of C'thulhu board game, to Settlers of Catan. There is no shortage of games like that. One of the specific differences of RPG games is exactly that the rules are subject to the imaginary world, rather than the other way around.

Are you still on about this? I thought with this much passion you were probably writing your own system by now.

Turuko

Learned
so basically this

giphy.gif

plus Ki powers?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
What this campaign and me personally need soon, as soon as Evolving Animal Companions at 915k gets reached, is tease of some expensive and juicy stretch goal related to expanded & enhanced Crusading. My personal dream? Stronghold Crusader battle complexity (skirmishes basically, everything bigger belongs on strategic map), castle life & managment and enhanced purification of demon infested lands. It will breath hype into campaign for many and me

Archer who is not forced to use pets is big plus from me, and he is a monk on top of it!

The fuck race is that? half-lizard half-tiefling? manbearbig?

It's literally in his description.

"Mongrels are the descendants of the first crusaders, whose souls were untouched by the corruption, but whose bodies suffered the aftereffects of the Worldwound. Their offspring were born with various mutations, and the luckiest of them — those who were able to breathe and had a full set of vital organs — faced fear and hatred because of their resemblance to demons."

Mortmal

Arcane
In regard to the turn based mod, I was wrong. It doesn't just exploit the auto pause settings, there's more to it. From the mod author:
"It's not a tweaking of auto-pause options, actually it reorganized how and when the combat mechanics is executed (e.g. it stops the time and blocks units commands except current unit), the fact is the vanilla pause function (and options) still works in TB combat. It's feasible because Owlcat implemented most of the action economy in the same way as tabletop, so most of the mechanics (and other mods) still work with this tweak, and the mod just needs to fix the remaining parts and adds things which isn't implemented in the base game."
Source: https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/1637543304847410171/?ctp=6#c1630790443998239664
There's more to it but it's nowhere near a real turn based pathfinder game. Just look at encounter CR, the ac hit chance , its Nothing like in the rulebooks. I am not going to even list every things missing, the cover, z axis, status etc...TB mode in pathfinder wrath of the righteous is big decline and a complete waste of time.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Update 10
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2752252

Gimme gimme more classes!

Pathfinders,

This was foretold long ago. The people will muster and challenge the old deed. And now the time has come. With your support we hit another milestone. Thus another Stretch Goal is upon us! And what a Stretch Goal it is - a new class. Meet the Skald.

7a47e54efb770b4da44e1a897a47d176_original.png

The joy of music, the sound of battle, the history of conflict, the beauty of the rhythm that emerges from the chaos—those who seek it, record it, experience it, are skalds. Historians and poets, skalds balance on the brink of violence and civilization. They record heroic battles and the deeds of great leaders from the front lines, never shying away from performing a leading role.

e0e2822e3ad5a9ffab9da3e8fa2a8978_original.png

Advanced Race Guide page 52

Skalds themselves are no strangers to violence, for how can someone ignorant of the bloody realities of war translate them into songs? And those songs are destined to be sung neither for noble courtiers nor for tavern rabble—only for war. In the midst of battle, the skald recites them, driving allies into a murderous rage, inspiring them to superhuman feats of strength, and striking terror into their enemies. Sometimes the skald’s poetry reaches even the dead, reminding them of their duty and bringing them back to life for a short time to continue the fight.

Skalds are keepers of lore, and their knowledge is not limited to war—they are learned in traditions and the world, in nature and religion, and in magic as well. Talented spellcasters, just like bards they learn spells to aid their allies in battle and to break their enemies. Keeping not only lore but also military traditions, skalds perfect their skills with their chosen weapons, merging performance and martial efficiency into a deadly art.

Yet no one knows better than skalds that mere skill is not enough to win against overwhelming odds—emotions, morale, rage, and righteous wrath rule over the battlefield. Like barbarians, skalds foster their rage and study its different facets and powers, and then channel it into their frenzied songs. This deep understanding of their primal side brings them closer to barbarians—always on edge and ready for battle.

Of course, as civilizations and cultures advanced and branched off from one another, some found the need for different types of skalds. A battle scion fits better with disciplined armies that act as well-oiled machines, concentrating more on teamwork than on the primal aspects of rage. A demon dancer channels abyssal wrath into their songs, fighting like a demon and warping the minds of those around them. A hunt caller focuses on the animalistic aspects of rage and can literally transform allies into animals. A herald of the horn uses songs to awaken companions that are afraid or that have fallen under the effects of enemy spells, and specializes in destructive magic. Court poets, meanwhile, find themselves in different battles altogether, be it deadly palace intrigues or duels between mages.

To arms, crusaders! Let your rage sing!

Owlcats

a2c1517a9007f74c818899c4d89a9213_original.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom