Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How long could you go without buying a new game?

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
I have yet to buy a game this year. I might try to go the entire next decade just on my backlog + abandonware and emulation.

How long you think you could go without buying games?

This question is obviously not geared at people who pirate games.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Depends on how long a theoretical time without any good game releases would last.

So far, alot less than 1 year, as theres always 1 or two really good games every year,

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I always buy games during sales, but when playing I usually fall back to a handful of games that manage to hold my interest for a long time.

So... if you give me all 1300 Thief fan missions, I can just play Thief for 5 years.

GewuerzKahn

Savant
147 days if Steam is right.

I just bought Underrail, Age of Decadence, Talos Principle DLC and some VR games in 2018.

Codex Year of the Donut
I go a few months between buying games usually. last time I bought a game was November 1st, 2019 according to Steam.
Bought Spacebourne, Realms of Arkania classic trilogy, Precursors, and the Eador bundle.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
It's been a few months for me, and it was probably something on a sale.

One notable exception was that I actually bought a physical copy of an old game last month... but it was a title I've been trying to track down for 15+ years, and I was not gonna pass up on it.

I also plan on buying at least one title due for release this year... assuming it doesn't get pushed back to 2021 for some strange reason.

Corvinus

Arcane
How long could I go? Years. Decades. Longer. The greatest games are already released, and most of them has been out for two decades or more already! Same goes for music and film. That said, there are a precious few titles I'm looking forward to buying, such as Colony Ship, Atom and Grimoire.

ultra loser

Scholar
Last time I bought a video game in 2016
I still haven't played it

and it was for five euro btw, I stand by never pay more than five euro for a video game rule

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
and it was for five euro btw, I stand by never pay more than five euro for a video game rule

AJciBwFFHSGjmDm-800x450-noPad.jpg

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
I could go on indefinitely. I don't want to, nor do I need to, but if the need arose, after an adjustment period I would be perfectly happy never buying a game again.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I always buy games during sales, but when playing I usually fall back to a handful of games that manage to hold my interest for a long time.

So... if you give me all 1300 Thief fan missions, I can just play Thief for 5 years.
It takes you 1.4 days to finish a fan mission?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom