Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - open world isometric action-RPG

Sykar

Arcane
Release date set now to Febuary 13th this year. Video with announcement and character customization options at the end, starts at the 2:17 mark:

Glad we can play as female as well. Character customization is limited but ok nothing special though except for the eyes. Though not sure how much I should care about such a minor detail that you will likely never really see in game.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
They're launching the game and the video they put out to garner hype is about customising your character's head, eyes, body, gender and starting weapon?

'k.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
I read somewhere that they've completely ditched the open world aspect, which was one of the main selling points when the game was still called Umbra. Is this true?

Sykar

Arcane
I read somewhere that they've completely ditched the open world aspect, which was one of the main selling points when the game was still called Umbra. Is this true?

Yeah. They have some open side regions which are quite large and you can turn off quest markers but it is not a big open world map like it was in alpha. The story missions are fairly linear, closer to PoE or D3 even than open world.

I like the art style, atmosphere, and music I've seen so far but at the end of the day my only real question is this: can I make a big army of skeletons Diablo 2 style?

deama

Prophet
Did they fix that retarded leveling scaling -%attack speed per level?

Sykar

Arcane
Cosmetic gear customization:

I like the art style, atmosphere, and music I've seen so far but at the end of the day my only real question is this: can I make a big army of skeletons Diablo 2 style?

I found out now that there are summon spells in the game which were not present in the beta:

How big the army can grow in the final release I do not know, sorry.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Fuck yeah, it looks like the necro/summoner class is in after all. tons of new skills featureing zombies, golems n stuff.

dis gon b gud. the graphics are next-gen imo and on-par with D4 or lost ark

Xunwael

Educated
So this is actually releasing in like three days? A Full Game release? Not one of those "we're totes releasing bros, but WILL CONTINUE TO UPDATE, here's act 1-2 out of 5 planned and also 70% of the features are missing"?

'Cuz it looks pretty cool, but I'm getting real tired of these early access titles pulling the rug out from under you all the time, even during their "full releases".

Guess I should just wait a few weeks extra.

Bara

Arcane
They removed the gog version a while back and refunds were given I think.

I believe gog asked them to actually get the game to parity with the steam version as there was a growing gap?

Relations broke down after that so they decided to drop gog.

So still really freaking stupid but not as stupid as Denuvo... yet.

Perkel

Arcane
So still really freaking stupid but not as stupid as Denuvo... yet.

They were already on GOG there is no reason to remove game especially if it is early access. They could just release release version there and there would be no problem.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Any indication it will indeed have Denuvo protection? I couldn't find any confirmation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom