Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn-Based Tactics CORRUPTION 2029 - dystopian tactical strategy game from Mutant Year Zero devs

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/corruption-2029/home

Set in a dystopian America in the not-so distant future. CORRUPTION 2029 is a new tactical strategy game from The Bearded Ladies, creators of ‘Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden’.

Using your supreme tactical abilities, command a squad of heavily augmented ‘units’ deep into enemy territory to discover the cause of the CORRUPTION.

CORRUPTION 2029 is a hardcore tactical game that should test the mettle of even the most experienced tactical gamers.

Available 17th February on the Epic Game Store.

:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

Last edited by a moderator:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
About a week before release, announced with almost no marketing, accepting pre-order without actual gameplay video, and revenues are guaranteed by Epic? That doesn't bode well even if this is self-publishing effort.

Norfleet

I've heard that the non-promotion is specifically because of how Epic operates: Because Epic pays upfront for a period of exclusivity, the devs have already been paid and see no need to spend their time and money advertising it when they could save their efforts for the Steam release.

laclongquan

Arcane
Marketing budget is not grown on tree you know~

This mean money should come from Epic, yet Epic make no effort to spend money. They think the game wont recover the cost of advertising, so might as well do a stealth release and make money by word of mouth~

Norfleet

Marketing budget is not grown on tree you know~

This mean money should come from Epic, yet Epic make no effort to spend money
Epic pays upfront, so any additional effort the developers put marketing out of their own pockets now is wasted, as they won't be getting any more money out of it. The smart move is just to shit it out, collect what reports they can, and clean it up for the public, probably-Steam release. There isn't any real reason why the devs shouldn't just treat the Epic release as a semi-open beta.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Even though this has Showelware written all over it, I'm still intrigued. Mutant Year Zero was pretty fun, and it's hard to go too wrong with a turn-based squad level shooter.

orcinator

Liturgist
7Yj4HcZ.png

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Uncut gameplay... looks very much like Mutant Year Zero:

Due to popular demand. Lee and David from TBLC play a mission in the Shady Oaks Motel, highlighting the game’s world and features.

Some comments:

The game is (finger pulled out of an undisclosed orifice and into the wind) something between 12 to 15 hours i would say. But that´s what it takes us developers to do it on hard, so it might be abit more for most people (especially if you didnt play MYZ).

Thanks MrSquifler. We are quite proud of how this little experiment turned out. Looking forward to the reactions on release (Soon(tm))

We wanted to focus on tweaking and molding the game-mechanics in this one to get the balance we wanted for MYZ before we go head first into the next absurdist reality :). The setting and story is not as bland as you might think, but you are correct that it might not have been the key focus this time. However, the game plays really really well, so if you did like what we started in MYZ you will probably like this one even without the manimals.

Sounds like this game is some kind of intergrade to the next big thing.

eXalted

Arcane
I had high hopes that this will be more XCOM-y. Mutant Zero looked like a pretty good title but I got bored 3 hours in. Stalking for isolated enemies and one-shotting them can only be fun for a while.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I think it's very clever of them. Making a reskin and selling it would still be very risky and uncertain business, but with this game they receive money from Epic, which probably will fund the next big game. The Dungeon Rats strategy but 4D chess move.

Anyway, looks like they sent copies to Youtubers:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Looks recycled from their previous game (which wasn't very good).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom